• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Former anime writer passes away

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
Had a look around, did you? I find that hard to believe given that there's a board with "Pokemon Chat" written on it just above the one you decided to post this topic in. Never mind that the Small Talk board contains barely any topics relating to Pokemon at all.

Topic shall be moved to Pokemon Chat - try looking a bit harder next time.

As for the news about Takeshi, it's definitely a sad event as well as one that seemingly came out of nowhere since he wasn't that old, but since I don't watch the anime at all I can't say his name is one I'm familiar with in any way.

It is sad, considering that he helped with the first seasons and movies. Seriously, he impacted some of our lives and probably helped move masses toward Pokemon! Rest in peace, Takeshi.

It's a great shame. It's always sad to see people who aren't that old go.

As well as being head writer of the anime's first seasons, he also designed Lugia.

But we still have Ken Sugimori! He's bigger genius--he took those designs and MADE Lugia.

Sugimori, along with Masuda, is my favorite person in Pokemon. Including all the characters. The anime, after Veronica Taylor was lost, was not good for me.

And my favorite season was Pokemon Advanced... I just LOVE Hoenn.

R.I.P. Takeshi Shudo...

Ouch. I don't watch the anime, I kind of liked it. Now a small part of Pokemon is gone. Meh.

Rest in peace, Takeshi Shudō. :'( ~Louie Forest~

Last edited by a moderator:

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Toastie said:
It's a great shame. It's always sad to see people who aren't that old go.

As well as being head writer of the anime's first seasons, he also designed Lugia.

Agreed, especially when they're artists. In certain cases, the death of one person can ruin an entire project (especially if they're the sole creator). Thankfully that won't happen to Pokemon in this situation, but it's still a very sad event... Rest in peace, guy. :(

He hadn't written for the anime since Johto, but its of course sad when anyone dies at only 61 years old.

He wrote the first episodes and the first 3 movies. I believe he's also the guy who made the decision to remove Misty from the series, given the translated blogs that are on Bulbapedia talk about his disinterest in her and his favoring of Team Rocket.

poor guy. and at a train station! i guess whoever he was going to was worried till they found out he died.

Last edited by a moderator: