• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Forgotten Anime (^_^) "the good old times!"

I was thinking about this last night. I remember when I was little I loved watching these 3 anime movies Serendipity, The oaky pokey's, and ? I remember in serendipity how a little boy and his parents are taking a cruise ship and it crashes into an iceberge. He awakes to find himself on a strange island and befriends a pink dinosaur dragon like thing called serendipity. He also befriends a mermaid princess who bugs me because instead of swimming herself she always rides on some marine animal. What I remember in the oaky pokey's is it's about these demons with little horns and they can change into inadament objects. There's also these duck aliens who come to earth and capture human children. The scene I remember in this movie is when the main character breaks one of the oaky pokey's horns off and has to tap it back on. Now the last movie I can't remember the name but it is one of my fav's it's about this blonde haired kid named Ant....... ? I don't know how to spell it but I think is mom's in court and he has to go visit his grandma. Well there he finds a underwater cave full of seals and befriends one. He has to save the seals from these poachers who are trying to claim them all. What Anime do you remember when you were little and does anyone at all know the name of this great movie.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
I'm sorry to say that none of the movies you mentioned sound familiar to me. I wouldn't mind locating 'em and checking them out myself, though.

As for anime from my early childhood... Astroboy springs to mind. It was one of my favourite shows as a kid (probably 4 or 5 years old) and I didn't even realize it was anime. I may have known it wasn't American but the concept of Japanese cartoons just didn't mean anything to me. Not like it does now at least. I think there are a few other anime I watched at that age but they don't stand out as much as Astroboy. Anyone else watch it?

yah that's what she's talking about for anime tv shows I watched dragon ball and sailor moon it's funny because a lot of little kids watched sailor moon when they were like three and it's a show for teens and adults and Linkachu if you ever find those movies and watch them PM me or E-Mail me ^_^ I'll try to search for that third movie I don't know the name of.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
I watched both Sailor Moon and Dragon Ball (Sailor Moon to the point of being "religiously") but I can't really say I was a little kid then. 9 or 10 years old maybe, and by that point I pretty well knew all what Anime was. After Astroboy and before either of them, though, I watched Samurai Pizza Cats a lot. I hear the dub was kinda butchered but it's still very memorable for me. How could anyone ever stop loving that theme song? :wink:

My favs was when I was little... sailor moon, card captors, Gundium wing, digimon and Pokemon!! But I'm not as much as a fan as a used to be!!!

My favs now are Pokemon, Inuyasha, Hamtaro ^.^, Full meatle alchemist,
and Kikidar!!
Oh Yah Does Anyone kno of Kikidar that used to be on Adult swim!!
THAT SHOW WAS SAD!!! :cry:

I love CardCaptors ^_^ Ohh I forgot Escaflowna. Since I live in Canada we don't get alot of Anime shows I want to know someone in Canada who watches the TRIO which is Gundam Seed at 9:30, Inuyasha at 10:00, and .hack//SIGN at 10:30 on Ytv every Friday night. The anime I watch now inuyasha, .hack//SIGN, Gundam Seed, B-Daman, Mew Mew Power, Pokemon, DragonBall GT, Megaman Axcess, and One piece What I use to watch but isn't on anymore Digimon, Cardcaptors, Witch Hunter Robin Those 3 were really good shows!

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
*Waves mini Canadian flag*

I've never been able to get into the Gundam series but I do watch both Inuyasha and .hack//SIGN, just not on Bionix. My Inuyasha collection is subbed - I really can't stand their dub voices. As for .hack//SIGN, I own part of the series on DVD and the rest fansubbed. Its dub voices don't bother me nearly as much as Inuyasha's either.

Hmm... TV dubbed anime I keep track of now are Pokemon, One Piece, Shaman King, Sonic X (or I will when the new episodes start), and Mew Mew Power. From the list you mentioned I used to watch Card Captors and Digimon too, but after getting into Cardcaptor Sakura (I own all of the first season + some on DVD) I can't stand Card Captors anymore. Way too cut up. It's probably one of the worst cut jobs I've ever seen, even over Sailor Moon... And that's saying something.

I watched a bit of Escaflowne but I couldn't keep track of its show times, and the one time I caught Witch Hunter Robin on I fell asleep. DB GT I have on VHS/DVD, and we've started collecting the original Dragon Ball uncut on DVD, too. Speaking of which, did you know DBZ used to be on a long time ago, like before Sailor Moon first aired? I used to watch it early in the morning on, I think, Fox. I still remember the stupid comercial breaks it had...

Oh. OH! Monster Rancher! I can't believe I forgot that one. They took so long to actually air the final episodes that I missed a large portion of them, and I'd been keeping close track of the show for over a year. I'm glad that I did get to see the final episode, though. It was a pretty good show.

I forgot Monster Rancher too!!!!!!! and I found the name for the seal movie "The Secret Of The Seal" it's a really good movie you should but it. I'm sure you'll be able to order it too on a movie site or E-Bay. You saw the final EP of Monster Rancher how did it end. What really bugs me is that the 2 CardCaptor movie never came to NorthAmerican shores and it looked good too being about the final card the void. Also the rest of the digimon movies never came here either.I feel bad for the americans thou there CardCaptor EP got mixed up in the wrong order and they nevered showed all the EP. You say you listen too subbed voices dosen't that mean they're in japanese? I love kagome's japanese voice it sounds so much sweeter then her english one ^_^

Me and my friends at school creep people out with our anime adiction we are always talking about anime!!! ^.^ >_< Like... Inuyasha, Full meatle alchemist and new releashes that are out in japan and we always are confusing people with our Japanese!!! O.O

Prof. Cinders

Mathemagician
Staff member
Administrator
My first anime ever was pokemon, and I didn't watch any other anime until we got Sky. Damn deprived Brits, we've hardly got any anime... Anyway, the only anime movie I've seen is Spirited Away, and I've seen the first few series of Sailor Moon (until it was cancelled :x), a bit of digimon, too much pokemon for my health (if that's possible, of course) and a few other stuff. Oh, yeah, my brother forces me to watch One Piece and Code Lyoko. Which is a French anime thing. And it's really good. *nods furiously*

I use to watch Code Lyoko until it starting showing reruns. I'm really hoping for another season of Martin Mystery It's a Canadian anime which makes me proud and the animation, storyline, and humour are all great^_^

Umm srry to ask this agian but does anyone kno...

Kikiadar
The show was on adult swim but.. they canceled it I think!!!! It was about an robot destended to become human and let out his first cry also had feelings and at the end he had to kill his own father/ creator to become truely human and at the end it was comepearing pinocio and him together becuase it was about a wooden boy to become human just like the robot and at the end he let out his last cry and walked away. And it said Did he really have any happiness?!?!?!?!

SAD MAN SAD!!!

I'm sorry meowthqueen_101 but I never heard of it. It reminds me of astroboy though. Yesterday online I checked out the animecornerstore and guess what they had the second cardcaptor movie!!!^_^ they also had the animated version of the manga .hack//legend of the twighlight so now I'm going to start saving up my money.

I like Inuyasha like my sister, also pokemon, also used to like Yu-Gi-Oh, Full meatle alchemist, Hamtaro, used to like monster rancher, Zach bell, and japan.

baratron

Moderator of Elder Scrolls
Staff member
I don't think there's ever been much anime on British terrestrial TV. There's a fair bit of stuff like the Powerpuff Girls which is American but done in anime style on Cartoon Network and the like, but satellite TV only started when I was about 10 or 11. When I was a kid, most of the cartoons that were on tv were American: Disney, Looney Toons, Hanna Barbera. I used to love the Wacky Races, Penelope Pitstop and Top Cat.

The only actual anime that was on tv when I was a kid were three series made jointly by Japanese and French-Canadian tv companies: Ulysses, Ovide and the Gang, and The Mysterious Cities of Gold. I didn't care too much for Ulysses, but I loved Ovide (about a platypus) and the Mysterious Cities of Gold - I remember religiously taping the first 23 episodes but somehow I missed the 24th & final one :(.

I actually still know the theme song for Mysterious Cities of Gold off by heart. Now, bear in mind this programme was on TV when I was 10, and I'm now 29 - and I haven't seen it since 1986. This is what I remember:

Children of the Sun
See our time has just begun
Searching for the way
To adventures every day
Every day and night
With the glory and might
With all your friends in tow
Search for the Cities of Gold
Ohhhh oh oh
Someday we will find the Cities of Gold

You can google for the proper lyrics - I might do that to see how good my memory is :p.

Getting Mysterious Cities of Gold on DVD is one of those things I MUST do just as soon as I've cleared my backlog of unwatched DVDs. Got a few Pokemon ones still to watch, Spirited Away, a couple of gay films, a couple of Jackie Chan movies... yeah, I have eclectic tastes.

That Mysterious Cities of Gold sounds interesting. I have Spirited Away too I love the Miyazaki movies^_^ I can't wait to see Howls Moving Castle it looks really good and I believe it was based of of the real novel Howl's Moving Castle by Diana Wynne Jones. I also own Naussica Of The Valley Of The Wind which is the answer to my sig.

I was going to make a new topic for this put there's no point. Anyway has anyone seen Slayer movies or Slayer tv show? I rented the movie last saturday so I watched it and it was awesome. I'm guessing it's an old show I mean the movie came out in 1995.Too bad it's not on anymore I'm hooked on it now I even brought it to my anime club and everyone like it.

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
Oh my dog... I've got to introduce baratron to DDay. o_o

He's also a MCO fan... He once tried writing a sequel story for it... Had great potential also, if he didn't get stuck on a plot block and just gave up on it. x_x

I actually want to catch a sight of that series myself. From the soundtrack bits he sent me, it had some KICKASS MUSIC. o_o