• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

For those of us in the UK

Plz tell me how I can, cos I have wanted mew for 7.5 years, I need mew! >:(

9ff3a21212928f006d93bfcdd86cfac3.png

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
If you read the URL, it will tell you how >>;

Warning #2, Lolz. And please don't post your TC card in your posts like that. Just put it in your signature.

baratron

Moderator of Elder Scrolls
Staff member
We can get a Mew!

Well, anyone who isn't me can, I can't see myself suddenly getting the strength to be able to go. :(
Awesome news! Thanks for letting us know.

Uh... you know, I have, er, five GBA cartridges: one each of Sapphire, Ruby, Leaf Green, Fire Red and Emerald. Could probably use one of them to get a Mew for you, if you can't possibly get to a Toys 'R' Us. (Couldn't your carers take you? Or is it too complicated?).

Awesome news! Thanks for letting us know.

Uh... you know, I have, er, five GBA cartridges: one each of Sapphire, Ruby, Leaf Green, Fire Red and Emerald. Could probably use one of them to get a Mew for you, if you can't possibly get to a Toys 'R' Us. (Couldn't your carers take you? Or is it too complicated?).
Yeah, there's a bit more to it.

Thanks for the offer. :) Someone else has offered to get one for me, but if you wouldn't mind picking up an extra one as well, just in case he can't, that'd be great. (You could always trade it over GTS if I do get one ;))

I'm going to the mew event in croyden, I can't wait...

I also am currently planning on cosplaying and turning up looking like James, im currently in the throws of working out how to make a trenchcoat and hat that can be pulled off in one motion without making a loud ripping sound.

damn, I want one to :( It's to bad they don't hold these events in the Netherlands.. Anyone knows how I can get one? Or is their a way to ship it from Pokemon Blue to Emerald? via Silver or so?

I also am currently planning on cosplaying and turning up looking like James, im currently in the throws of working out how to make a trenchcoat and hat that can be pulled off in one motion without making a loud ripping sound.

I don't think that's possible without film editing. However, you could just wear the coat over your shoulders. Or remove the seams and replace them with snaps, although that could result in a series of popping sounds.

baratron

Staff member
Croydon? I might see you there... if I don't go to Brent Cross ;).

[quote author:proximitus link=topic=2446.msg30889#msg30889 date=1186250467]
But can anyone tell me if there is a list of wich pokemon games (and i don't mean the Ranger and dungeon games) are compatible to trade with each other?
[/quote]
Well, yeah...
Any of the Game Boy games can trade with each other: Red, Blue/Green, Yellow.

Any of the Game Boy Color games can trade with each other: Gold, Silver, Crystal.

Any of the Game Boy Advance games can trade with each other: Ruby, Sapphire, Fire Red, Leaf Green, Emerald. However, some of the games have a restriction on trading before you've finished the main quest.

Any of the GBA games can trade with Diamond & Pearl, but it's a one-way trade - your Pokemon leave the GBA game forever, and migrate onto the DS cartridge. You can't move them back again.

I'm glad we're finally getting an event, but it's really annoying.
It's been ages since the last event and all they're giving away is mew. I would've really loved Jirachi, or even a Deoxys or so..

The one, real killer; is that you have to have a GBA game to get Mew, and I handed in both my ruby and sapphire games after my attempts at Feebas catching..

At least we can play PBR against each other and get free stuff. A pokemon event is a pokemon event. +Trading

Wonder which of the 20 tour stops will be the most popular..

baratron

Staff member
Jirachi and Deoxys have already been given away in the UK. We got Jirachi with Pokemon Channel, and Deoxys at an event in 2005. Here's my post about it from then.

If anyone needs a Jirachi, I can get unlimited numbers of them from Pokemon Channel, as long as you send me a Ruby or Sapphire cartridge that hasn't already received one. (I haven't tried it with FR/LG or Emerald. I'll try to find my Gamecube --> GBA cable and see if it's possible.)

It transpires that I am a moron, because the times when it's near me (Reading, Croydon & Brent Cross) are this weekend from Friday-Sunday - when I will be in Brussels. Particularly aggravating is the fact that I was in Wales last weekend, and it was in Cardiff last Saturday - 20 minutes by train from where I was staying! AAAAARRRRGHHH! So now I have to get myself to bloody Oxford tomorrow (a 5 hour round trip by train or bus) and somehow home in time for work at 5pm. Gah.