• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

For people who ♥ the original pokemon games...

Do you remember what your team was? I know mine was a Blastiose, Jolteon, Khangaskhan, Pidgeotto, Beedrill, and Butterfree.

My original 6 were Venusaur (Blarg), Dodrio (KFC), Dugtrio (HolyMoly, yes I know, terrible pun), Gyarados (Fluffy), Flareon (Blaze, generic names FTW), and Alakazam (MindFreak), before I dropped the stupid cartridge into a puddle. (R.I.P. my Blue Version.)

(EDIT: I forgot about the nicknames, so here they are.)

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Now, I think these six are my original, but to be honest I've always been a bit confused re: one of them. I either used it during my first play through Red or my second... Regardless, my first ever Pokemon team as I remember it was Venusaur, Pidgeot, Raichu, Golem, Vaporeon, and Arcanine.

Arcanine is the one I'm most iffy about. It was either it or Nidoking, but leaning more towards Arcanine due to a glitch that'd ended up evolving my Raichu prematurely.

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
Must... use... brain...

(Prepare for the horror of their names)

Zard the Charizard
Gusto the Pidgeot
Hydro the Vaporeon
Sparky the Raichu
Kangus the Kangaskhan

I'm sure there was a sixth but I can't remember who it was for the life of me. As you can see I had serious nick-naming skills. I spent sooooo long trying to catch a Kangaskhan in that darn Safari zone that when I finally got one I kept it. I also spent most of Christmas morning trying to find Pikachu in the forest, much to my family's annoyance XD

Memories :'D

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Magpie said:
(Prepare for the horror of their names)

I named my original Venusaur something like "Slasher!!" ... Possibly with even more exclamation marks. I can't remember how many letters Red allowed you to use, but I definitely abused that name. The more exclamation marks it had, the more badass it was! >=D

*Sobs for her shameful youth*

Hmm... I recall my first Raichu being named Ryo-ohki and my Vaporeon had no nickname, but the other three are mysteries.

I know for sure that I...don't know what my team was. That's if I had one. I was too young to have an actual team when I got Red, Blue, and Yellow. I didn't get them until after Gold and Silver, but the games themselves came out when I was five or so.

Ah, memories... Where has the past gone? Okay, yime for me to stop deep and list my TEAM! RED FTW!

Bailey the Venusuar
Diana the Clefable
Pidge the Pidgey (Real creative name, huh?)
Jackie the Rhydon
Electra the Jolteon
Lilya the Butterfree

Occasionally, I would switch Diana for Mina the Golduck for water stuff.

Charizard, Jolteon, Alakazam, Vileplume, Gyarados, Dugtrio.

I miss that team. It was a nice team and fun to use back then. Too bad that file on my red version is lost to time. Part of me wants to get a GBC to play Red, yellow, gold, Crystal, and others like the old days. Everything is so muchbetter when your like 7 :D

Yeah, that's true. But I grew up with R/S/E and D/P/Plt. I just love to play the originals. I use a Tribal GB Advance SP. I don't have blue, but I have Red, Yellow, Gold, and Silver. Ah, the memories.

I forget which Pokemon I had. ^^;; The first game I got was yellow so obviously Pikachu. I'm sure I had a Ninetales, Vaporeon and Pidgeot. I honestly can't remember the other two. It's been about ten years now. D=

Everyone seems to have better memories then me. XD

Sir Red

Charms' Caped Crusader
Wow, I really can't remember my original team in Blue, seeing as I ended up having all 151 Pokemon at or near level 100 when all was said and done (some legit, others through the Rare Candy cheat >>;; ), and that was years and years ago that I did my original playthrough.

I know for a fact that I had Blastoise as my starter. I think some of the others that could have been on the team were Aerodactyl, Snorlax, Jolteon (I know that was my Eeveelution in Blue for a fact), possibly either Ninetales or Arcanine and I have no idea who else.

My teams were always random mis-mashes of Pokemon I felt like using that day when I would play. *shrugs* Still very fond memories, though.