• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

For my Country

What branch of the military would you wan't to be in?

• Air Force

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Marines

• Navy

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • Army

Votes: 4 44.4%
  • Air Force

• Marines

• Navy

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • Army

Votes: 4 44.4%

• Total voters
If you had to be in the military what branch would you choose and why.
I would be in the army more specifically calvery or aurmor because I like to stay on the gound alsoscince the Rangers are adopting the SCAR-H&L one of my favorite assult and battle rifles.

I actually know that several Charmsians have already served their country either voluntarily or because it was mandatory...This is just an interesting topic ~

I most certainly would've joined the military if I had a shot at passing basic training, and I would want to join the Navy if I did. I really like the idea of working on ships. I know pretty much zero about weapons or anything like that, but if I'd seriously considered joining the military, I would've done plenty of research (and learned to swim). There just seems to be so many benefits to joining the military beyond just serving and protecting your country. My great-grandfather served in the Navy in the World War II era and I have a great uncle who served as a Marine, so it would be a really interesting connection. My second choice would be becoming a sniper, but I'm not sure my nerves would be able to take it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Psycho Monkey

Member of the Literary Elite Four
I'd be a mercenary for hire not associated with any one branch. It's more fun that way and doesn't limit me to what I can and can't do.

I'm not particularly fond of armies and organized warfare, I'm one who prefers small pockets of violence (if at all) that affect that immediate area only. Think tribal warfare versus country-destroying tanks and so on.

Nevertheless, I'm a proponent of either eliminating the male-only draft or spreading it to females to make it equal. If I absolutely had to enlist, I would enlist in the Air Force for a few reasons. First, from what I have read (Reader's Digest), they are the 'wimpier' branch of the military. To me, this seems to imply that they don't get much action. I also enjoy airplanes. Finally, my grandfather was in the Air Force during the Korean War, so that intrigues me.