• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Flight Rising: The Dragon Quest

You can start whenever you want: @Cutepikachu343 @*that* guy @Fraseandchico @Tlord22
Remember that the discussion thread is at this link, where you can see the rules, and, in case any other person wants to join, write your character info here:
https://pokecharms.com/threads/flight-rising-the-dragon-quest-discussion.15417/
Just remember, as always, follow the rules, be gentle... All that stuff, but most importantly, have fun.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Virik was happy. He emancipated several months ago from his parents' lair. Now that he had his own new home, his very own lair, he was free to do whatever he wanted. He lived all alone during seven months, and no one got hurt. He looked outside, to the dead plains (not so "dead" at all) of the Scarred Wastelands, inspired, and said: "Well... Today is the day". His father didn't trust of his independence at all. As a young dragon, he was very weak, and he always ended badly. He still remembered that time when he went out, just some seconds, to welcome his father after his hunt; when he fell and broke his front left leg. He promised him to stay seven months in the Scarred Wastelands before going to explore, just to make him be sure that he was going to be able to take care of himself... And of his familiar, Nietz.
He entered the cave and went to Nietz's nest. "Sunshine, sunshine, ladybugs awake..." Nietz opened his eyes and gave a little lick to Virik. "Hey!" Added Virik, happy. "We should go to mom and dad's lair now. It would be irresponsible for us exploring the world without telling anything them first". He petted Nietz and stood up again; he took his satchels, put them on his back, and waited at the entrance of the cave until Nietz went out too. Then, they started to walked to the west. "I would like to know what new experiences we will live in our adventures..." Nietz replied with a squawk, happy too.

Kyma Got Up from His Small Lair, Or To be More Specific, His Tree, He Hoped Down, And Said To Himself
"I Went Sleepwalking again, Heh!" he Rubbed his Gem, And Smiled, another beautiful Day, He Thought, He Walked To the River, And Ate Some daddy long-legs As They Walked By, He Drank Some Water, Thirsty and Hungry and Tired.

Cerberus just sat there and watched as the dragon marched away from it's lair his topaz body glistening in the sunlight. Quickly, he entered the cave his body vanishing in the mist, all that could be seen was his ruby red eyes shining the walls. And there before him was his prize freshly caught meat the perfect for someone like him to devour. For he was Cerberus the plague the king who lived in solitude away from others and with no pack or clan.

Acar yawned. He didn't feel like going out today. But he wanted to scare some innocent dragons. Everyone in the Ashfall Waste knew not to mess with Acar. acar put his head down. He fell asleep.

Virik spent more or less 2 hours in his parent's lair. His mother showed empathy, and she wanted his son to fulfill his dream. His father was reluctant to his son going out, searching for adventures. He was the only reason why Virik stayed two hours there. It's not like he didn't want his son to be happy, but he only repeated and repeated the same: "You are too weak, and the outside world is very dangerous". Not like The Scarred Wastelands are the most peaceful territories neither... Virik thought. He knew that he wasn't the strongest dragon, nor the tougher one neither. Finally, Virik and his mother managed to convince him.

Virik and Nietz went out of the lair. "Wait, dear". It was his mother. She was a handsome, completely black, with the exception of his belly, that was dark gray, guardian dragon. "Sorry for your father. You know that he loves you a lot... It's just that he can't stand the fact that our little one is leaving the nest". She said. "Mom, I left your lair seven months ago" Virik replied. She smiled and laughed "You know your father, he is overprotective. Anyway, take this. It's just a little... gift from your parents". With her tail, she approached to Virik a small package. Virik opened it. It was a bloodscale armor and a sword. Accompanying these items, a small portrait of the four components of the family could be found: Daddy, Mommy, Virik, and Nietz. "Oh mom, this wasn't necessary" Virik continue, containing his tears. "Dad asked for it months ago. They were forged by the greatest artisan of The Ashfall Waste. You better take care of them; we spent too much money on them". Said Virik's mom, as calmed as kind as she talked before. "Just make sure you take some money, gems and obviously, the compass and the map". Virik's face changed drastically: "Ups... I forgot to take the compass. Anyways, thanks, mom!" Virik said as he ran to his lair. "Bye son... And be careful!" She said while he started to cry, just a little. "And don't worry for your lair... We'll keep an eye on it too".

"Well, Nietz, wait here while I put the armor and take the last things we will need for our big adventure" Ordered Virik to Nietz when they reached the entrance of Virik's lair. Nietz just sat down and waited for him there. "That's how I like it... Good boy". Said Virik as he entered his lair.

Acar woke up. He was still very tired. He flew out of his cave. He took a fly over The Ashfall Waste. He loved the fire. After he got back to his lair, he fell asleep.

Virik entered his cave and wore his new armor. "Wow! This is looking really cool!". Then, he took his compass and, before leaving, he looked at his map. "Well, let's see..." He marked long ago The Ashfall Waste. "Oh! I remember! Soon, the Flameforger's Festival is taking place". Flameforger's Festival was a special event in The Ashfall Waste. A lot of dragons were welcomed during the festivity. There, the fire dragons worshiped the Flameforger, one of the Primal Dragons that created the world. Dragons from all realms visited The Ashfall Waste during the festivity for meeting new dragons and buy special things. He wondered how many dragons he would meet there. He took his compass and the map, he picked some more money and gems and kept all in his satchels.
He went out of the cave too, Nietz was still there sitting. "Come on, Nietz! We better hurry. We have to go through The Sea of a Thousand Currents if we want to go to The Ashfall Waste." He wanted to see other places, but the best option to go to The Ashfall Wasteland in time was going through the Water Realm. He wanted to visit The Tangle Wood, but that implied to take a detour. He may have to pay for some ship, but it was the best option. And so, Nietz and Virik started to go to the southeast of The Scarred Wasteland.

Acar flew out of his cave. He saw a few small dragons tremble when he passed over him. This made him chuckle. Nothing was better to Acar than seeing how much people are afraid of him. After about an Hour of flying around, Acar returned to his Lair. He rested. He had a good fly.

Virik reached the limits of The Scarred Wastelands. Their way was incredibly peaceful. They didn't have to fight against other dragons or against those tribes that always fighted against dragosn. He didn't know them quite well, but he understood that they were trying to get a little more liberty. But now, a huge sea laid above them. "Look Nietz! It's the Sea of a Thousand Currents! The Water Realm!" Virik read a lot of times before about it. The surface may look calm, but the depths were incredibly agitated. The surface may look boring, but the true adventure was right below. A small boat, with a Snapper Dragon could be seen some few yards to the right, with a lot of more dragons waiting. "Hello sir! Is this the transport service?" Virik asked. "Yeah, of course. I suppose you are going to the Flameforger's Festival, don't you? It will be 15000 of your treasure; and it's a sale for the special ocassion!! And if that's your pet, you'll pay 5500 as an adittional tax" Virik paid the trip, almost reluctantly, but it was his only option. When he was to talk with the other dragons, he overhead that the trip was a fraud; that it used to be way too cheaper, and the hoard of dragon were gone in a moment.

About a half hour later, the trip started. He was the only dragon that boarded up. He didn't said nothing to the captain of the ship. He spend most of the trip looking to the sea, expecting to see something exciting, but the most exciting thing he could see was dragons and more dragons flying to The Ashfall Waste. Virik didn't had a lot of endurance, so he was not able to fly long distances, less with that new armor he got. "I know Nietz... We start our adventure quite bad, but it will get better, don't you think?" Nietz approached and started to lick him in his muzzle. Virik laughed.

Some hours later, he arrived to the Fire Realm. Nietz and Virik disembarked quite happy. it was pretty hot, but Virik and Nietz could handle it. It was hotter, but that was nothing compared to the heat of the magma and lava currents that he should be prepared to resist when he reached the most intern lands of The Ashfall Waste. He started to ask to some dragons about the local festivity, but all of them ignored them. "Well... I suppose they are busy", Virik said to Nietz, worry. He didn't believe his lie. He saw a Bogsneak dragon in a cave. It was supposed to be his lair. He approached him. "Excuse me, i'd like to know how can I reach the centre of this lands..." Virik said happily.

Kyma Flew To The Fire Realm, He Was Excited For The Festival That Was Going To Happen, He heard Another dragon Trying to Ask A Bosneak Dragon How To get To The centre Of the Realm, As Kyma Had been There For A Lot Of Festivals, He Went Up To dragon, And Said
"Hey! If You Wanna see The Quickest Route To The centre, Follow Me! And Your Pet."

"What do you say, Nietz?". The hippojay sqwaked. "Well, I suppose that's a yes". He turned and approached the Skydancer dragon. "You don't look you are from this lands, am I wrong? Are you here for the Flameforger's Festival? Oh, where are my manners? I'm Virik, and I come from The Scarred Wastelands, and this is my familiar, Nietz". Nietz sqwaked again. Both of them started to follow the Skydancer dragon.

"Oh yeah, I'm Kyma, I'm From The Sea Of A Thousand Currents, I Have Actually Been Here Several Times, So I Know The Quickest Route, C'mon." He Started going, Knowing That Virik Would Follow, All The Way To The Centre Of The Fire Realm.

"Nice to meet you then, Kyma". Virik said happily as he continued following Kyma through those new and burned lands. He dreamed of a moment like that since he was a child, and now, he was going to achieve it. "So... Why do you come? I mean... Buying things, worship Flameforger... " The Elemental Holidays were a festivity for every dragon: if he was social, he could interact with a long variety of dragons from all places, if you were a shopaholic, then you could by a lot of bargains and exclusive items; for not mentioning the opportunity to taste the "local food"."This is our first time going out of the Plain Domain, so... I guess that we just wanted to explore the world, but, seeing that we had the opportunity to be in one of our most important festivities of our world... We couldn't lose it."

Acar woke up to voices. They had already walked away. They didn't seem like they were from around here. He didn't like people around his lair, but visitors? No. Acar then realized what today was. The Flamegorger's Festival. Acar flew behind the two dragons. "You two. Scat. I don't like people around my lair, especially visitors," Acar demanded. "You wouldn't want a scar going up and down your back, would you?"

Last edited:
Virik was walking with Kyma when he was interrupted by a Bogsneak dragon. Virik started to look nervous. He didn't want to fight., he only wanted to make friends. Nitz just showed a violent attitude, but, very quickly, Virik managed to stop him before he could attack. "Ehm... I... I am sorry, mister... Dragon. I just wanted to ask for directions, but this is not going to be necessary now. We... I mean... I am sorry for bothering you. It was inappropriate." Virik stopped, and hoped that he had mercy with them.

Kyma Looked At Acar, and his Claw Glowed with Electricity, he Said
"Acar, You know I Don't Like it When you Try To hurt me, So Back off!" He Pulled Virik to Wards the Centre of the Realm.

Acar Scowled. "And don't come back!" Acar shouted. A passerby saw Acar shout at the two dragons walking away. "He means it. Acar is really grumpy at this time. And he could take down anyone. Don't mess with him. My mother went to talk to him... She never came back." The passerby said. He started to walk away. Acar eyed Kyma and Virik (And Nitz). He turned back and headed towards his lair.

Virik sighed in release and talked to Kyma again. "Thanks, Kyma, We are really pleased that you were here to help us too". Virik started then to hear the passerby dragon. "Wait, what... Grumpy? This is the best time to be here! I mean... Who wouldn't like to be here with all the happiness, all these dragons sharing, laughing... Anyways, sorry about your mother". He looked at Acar as he walked away. He was sad for him... Maybe he needs a friend... Then, Virik approached the passerby dragon. "Hey! My name's Virik, and that dragon over there is Kyma. And that hippojay is Nietz, and it's my familiar, what about you?"

Cerberus meanwhile had arrived at the ashfell waste in order to see what would ended up happening for he was the guardian of hell and from atop the rocky outcrops he and his familiar alkali, the acid serpenta, could watch the festivity's unfold and also keep a close on the flameforger's seal and even absorb the near by souls to active the black wings of the plague and reseal him but also kill all the visitors of the festival.

"Oh. I'm Eyo. Nice to meet you. My familiar is flying around. Acar... nobody knows why he's so grumpy. We all just avoid him." Eyo said as he shrugged. "I live here." Eyo looked around. "There's a rumor that Acar killed his own brother..." Eyo mumbled. Acar grumbled. He watched as a dragon was talking to the two dragons bothering him. He scoffed.

"Mmm... I'm wondering why" Virik said, looking slyly to Acar. "Well, I suppose that he is... Like he is". He continued, not knowing very well what to say. "Anyway, are you coming to the Festival? I am kinda new here, and I suppose that the more we are, the merrier, or at least that's what is it said, don't you agree, Nietz?" Nietz smiled and shouted in excitement.

Zip flew in and landed on Eyo's head. "Yep. I go every year. Some people think he was deserted by his own mother. Lots of rumors," He said. "This is Zip, my familiar," Eyo smiled. Acar flew out of his cave. "I also heard he attacked a visitor on the festival one day," Eyo mumbled. zip looked down.

"Nice to meet you too, Zip". Virik said to the small Black-wing Hummingbird. "Come on, Nietz, don't be shy, they are friends!" Nietz approached Zip. At first, he was kinda scared. Nietz has been always been shy when he was introduced to new dragons or familiars, but when he saw Virik so happy and comfortable with them, he shouted and laughed. "Look! They are making good friends." He turned a moment, just to adjust the helmet of his armor. Virik saw a familiar dragon. "Is that... I suppose he isn't". He looked to another Mirror Dragon, it looked like it was Cerberus. He had heard about him, and everything he heard was not good. I suppose it's just my imagination... Is it told that he likes to stay in his lair, never going further than The Scarred Wasteland" He turned again to Kyma and Eyo. "We could go altogether, if you want. Since I am new here, I prefer going with some friends".

"Sure! Me and Zip would love to show you around!" Eyo said. Zip was flying above Nitz. "Come on. Let's go! I go to the Festival every year," Eyo said. He turned around. He started to walk.

Virik and Nietz followed Eyo and Kyma to the Festival. Before doing that, Virik turned his head and saw one last time to Acar. He was sad for him. Virik couldn't understand why he was so aggressive with the other dragons. Maybe he lost any kind of hope. Or maybe other dragons betrayed him... Even his own brother? I don't know if those rumors are true or not, but, at least for now, it will be best to avoid him. Nietz put one of his paws over Virik' shoulder. "Eh... Oh, yeah, let's go with them." Virik and Nietz approached the group. "Sorry, I just... Was in my world... Thinking. Well... I've heard that the festival takes place at the foot of The Great Furnace, doesn't it?" He saw a huge volcano in the remoteness. "It must be there, am I right?" Said Virik as he pointed it.