• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Fledgling Dreams, A Journey Through Hoen

"Maybe we'll catch a fire type along the way!" Rose said, she slouched her back and sunk deeper into the spring. She hadn't relaxed like this since... Since... Well, she'd never relaxed like this, she'd never been able to relax much at home. She always had to do chores or help with the kids or blah blah blah. Rose closed her eyes and sighed, this was nice.

"That would be cool." She said quietly.
"This is nice." Raven took a chance, she leaned on Kasper and closed her eyes. She wasn't used to being friends with boys, usually they just wanted to date her, but Kasper was different, he wanted to be friends, and he cared about Raven's opinions.

About an hour later when everyone was all wrinkly they got out one by one, Raven forgot about her scar and got out before everyone else.
"Here you go." She said handing Rose and Kasper a towel. She dried her self off and didn't bother to put her cover up on, it was much to hot. She only noticed when she got to Kasper's Uncle's house that people were staring at her scar. Raven quickly put her towel on and went inside.

"A picnic on the mountain sounds great! But Are we going to challenge the gym before lunch?" Kas asked Raven, thinking of their encounter with the gymleader the night before.

"Sure, I think that would be good for training!" Raven said heading to the bathroom to get changed. Her hair was a bit curly from the water, and from her never brushing her hair.
"I have a surprise before we battle though." She said in a happy voice, she held cookies up, they were still warm from the oven.
"I made them before we left for the spa, they are white chocolate macadamia." Raven said with a smile as she took one for herself.

Kasper, having dried off on the walk back to the house changed in the bathroom. He put on tight black jeans a crimson button-up shirt and his black leather jacket. He then attached his pokeballs to his belt and headed towards the gym 'I guess girls will meet me here' he though to himself as he pushed open the doors to the gym.

As Kasper opened the door he was met by a blast of hot air roaring out of the dim fire lit room. The walls are made of white marble and the stadium floor of volcanic obsidian. There were bleachers on either long side of the battlefield and in each corner sat an unlit brazier.

Swallowing the fear welling up in his chest Kasper approached the battlefield and as he reached the stairs the room was then flooded with light. The corner braziers were now ablaze with towering flames illuminating the room.

Across the arena Kasper could see the gym leader he had met the night before. She was wearing a Pokémon league design crop top and short jean shorts "so, you really came?" She asked him
"That's right, I've come here to earn my first badge!"
"Don't expect me to go easy on you the first to knock out two Pokémon will be the winner. Only the challenger will be allowed to switch Pokémon" she said to him tossing out her first pokeball "Go Slugma!" In a flash of red light the lava slug Pokémon appeared on the obsidian field "Trapinch! Go get'em" Kasper shouted as he chose his own Pokémon

"Start it off with mudslap!" Trapinch responded by firing a stream of mud from its mouth, the slugma wasn't fast enough to dodge and took the full brunt of the supereffective attack
'I can't use dig in a field like this' Kas though to himself as the slugma fired off an ember attack "dodge it!" Unable to respond fast enough trapinch was hit on the side by the ember attack sending him rolling across the field
"Slugma, Heatwave"
As trapinch recovered from the shot he was buffeted by a searing wave of heat slowing its advance towards slugma. "Hang in there Trapinch! Mudslap again!" Another direct hit manages to knock slugma out.

"The next one won't be so easy!" The gym leader shouted "Combuskin! Let's wrap this up" launching another pokeball combuskin is released into the field.
Trapinch launches another mudshot but combuskin is too fast. Dodging the attack with ease the fire chicken closes the distance between the two Pokémon and delivers a punishing blaze kick attack launching Trapinch into the air "finish it off with fire punch!" The gym leader ordered her Pokémon who lept into the air after Trapinch unable to dodge in midair combuskin struck Trapinch with a flaming fist sending it plummeting towards the ground. Both Pokémon land at the same time combuskin unharmed lands in front of its trainer with a backflip while Trapinch hits the ground, hard enough to crack the obsidian tiles below.
"Trapinch return" Kas said calling back his fainted Pokémon "you did great, get a nice long rest"

"This is a tough one, do your best Charmander!"

"Let's get this party started! Charmander, use dragon claw!" The little lizard charges the combuskin claws glowing with a blue draconic aura. But combuskin blocks with a detect and knocks Charmander away with a mega kick. Pressing the advantage combuskin rushes the staggered Charmander launching a flurry of blaze kicks, Charmander dodges the first one, blocks the second one with a metal claw but is struck by the third attack. 'This combuskin is tough..' "dragon rage Charmander" Charmander begins to glow with the same blue aura from before launching it at the combuskin who fails to dodge the attack and is knocked it its knees "rush with a dragon claw" the intensity turns up a notch and the two Pokémon begin melee combat trading blows of dragon claw and blaze quick Charmander was managing to land a few strikes here and there but is still completely outclassed by combuskin. Charmander is knocked back again by a powerful dynamic punch attack sending him rolling all the way to the edge of the arena 'I need to buy Charmander some time to recover' "Charmander use smoke screen" Charmander dissapears in the cloud of smoke preparing for the next attack
"Combuskin use hi-jump-kick" the gym leader shouted as her Pokémon got a running start launching itself towards Charmander last known position. In the smog. Moments after the combuskin dissapears there is a massive wave of energy and light released from the smoke. The force of the explosion launches the Pokémon back out of the smoke sending it hurdling over the arena landing at its trainers feet.
Shocked Kas watches the cloud of smoke as it clears revealing a newly evolved charmeleon. The Pokémon is in a rage now, launching two consecutive flamethrowers into the air followed by an angry roar as it begins to approach the injured combuskin that had just gotten back on its feet. Charmeleon attacks first with a metal claw attack which was blocked by an attack and combuskin returned the blow with a mega kick, but charmeleon wasn't going to fall for that move twice. It grabbed the kick pulling combuskin in close releasing a point blank flamethrower into the pokemon's face fainting it.

"Charmeleon return" Kas called as a flash of red light reached across the field pulling the Pokémon back into its ball "that was amazing" Kasper said attatching the ball back on his belt

Having returned and thanked her Pokémon Flannery walked slowly out into the battlefield Kasper met her halfway
"It is with great pride that I give you this heat badge, I look forward to watching you grow as a trainer" she said handing the fireball shaped badge over to Kasper who then looking into the bleachers to see if either of the girls had come to watch his match

Raven watched Kasper's battle with intensity, every time his Pokemon were hit she flinched or grimaced.
"Wow, you two were really good out there!" Raven complemented the trainers. Prior to arriving at the gym Raven had caught a new Pokemon.
"My turn." Her eyes suddenly dark with intensity she sent out her first Pokemon, Sableye.
"Sableye, use Power Gem!" The small purple Pokemon was absorbed in light then it fired multiple gem looking rocks.
"Slugma, dodge and use Body Slam!" Raven snickered.
"Don't you know that normal type moves don't affect my Sableye?" In the moment of confusion Sableye used rock tomb, trapping the Fire Pokemon Sableye used Sucker Punch, fainting the Slugma.
"Yes!" Raven exclaimed, then Combusken was sent out, it used Fire Spin, which fainted Sableye.
"Alright, let's go Ralts!" She sent out the new Pokemon, and it used Dazling Gleam.
"Combuskin, use Double Kick!" The bird ran up to Ralts and let out a hard blow to the side, causing Ralts to stumble.
"You got this Ralts! Use Hypnosis!" Ralts sent out small rings that caused Combuskin to Fall asleep.
"Now use Dream eater!" Combuskin fainted.
"Nice battle!" She shook Flannery's hand.
"You did well." She said handing her the gym badge.
"That was fun." Raven said to her Pokemon, her heart was still beating faster than normal from the adrenaline.

"Ready." She said returning her Pokemon, and heading towards the house to grab the rest of the Cookies.
"Let's go!" She headed up the Volcano.
"Did you happen to see Rose?" Raven asked.

"No, now that you mention it. I haven't seen rose since I left the spa" Kasper shrugged "I suppose we can just hang out together until she comes back"

"Don't mind if I do" he says with a smile before releasing all of his Pokémon. As he took a bite of the cookie you can see him shoot a dirty look st Treeko

Raven laughed at Kasper.
"Treeko, would you like a Cookie?" She asked the small lizard as she released her Pokemon. Raven got up and looked off the Volcano, taking in the entire scene before her.
"I'm glad we met." She said to Kasper.
"This has been so much fun."

Gesturing for his Pokémon to come up and get a cookie Kasper said "it has been nice, I was really worried about coming to a new region all alone. But it looks like I had nothing to worry about

"I wasn't planning on making friends, I was just going to battle, Chikorita had other plans for me, didn't you." She looked at her Pokemon.
"But, yes, everything turned out okay." She turned to find Kasper behind her.

Raven thought for a moment.
"How about Mauville City?" She suggested taking her jacket off because of the heat, revealing a very small amount of cleavage.
"Or we could go to Petalburg. Either of the two." Raven said taking a bit of cookie.

"We could go back if you're not wanting to wait for rose, and if we get there before her I won't have to sleep on the ground in this city"

Rose ran towards the others, "Hi, sorry I got lost, I didn't realise you were doing gym battles and I went ahead and started to hike the volcano, thinking you were ahead of me" Rose said. She quickly jumped down from the rocks she had ben sitting on and landed next to them. "I think we should go back now" She said.

(OOC. Next time I'm not on and we're doing something, just pretend I'm with you but I'm but I'm not talking. BIC)

"That sounds great! I'm pretty sure there's a contest going on there" Rose said, she released Ali and Sam and started to walk down the mountain, looking at the orange-pink Sky.