• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

First Trailer For Pokémon Black & White 2 Shown

Demelza

Eevee Tamer
Staff member
b2w2%20frozen%20unova.png

While fans probably weren't expecting a trailer of up-coming Pokémon games Pokémon Black 2, and Pokémon White 2 until Japanese TV show Pokémon Smash aired later today, overnight a trailer has come to light and gives us the first look at the two games in action. Read on to find out more!

Read More

Last edited by a moderator:

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
Re: First Trailer For Pokémon Black & White 2 Shown

It looks like they'll be including some sort of movie-based sidequest this time? Possibly replacing the musicals, or maybe featuring alongside them. Who knows. Looks better than the musicals did though.

Overall, it seems that the main game is going to be rather heavily shaken up in comparison to B/W. Seems that they're focusing on new areas a lot, and revamping the existing ones a fair amount (though, really, it's insane that they're saying all this has changed in just two years - but whatever). It looks as if we're getting a whole new evil bad guy team to fight too - which I kinda like, but at the same time, I feel that B/W's open-ended plotline with Ghetsis and N really should be taken advantage of given that these are sequels and everything.

Maybe their role will be revealed through the game, though. Who knows.

I'm actually really excited by the Pokemon we'll encounter within the game, too. They've picked a pretty varied and interesting selection, it seems. If anything, it looks like some of the more under-represented and uncommon Pokemon are getting a chance to shine. It should really shake up the dynamic of the games.

I'm liking what I'm seeing, but still really, really, want to see more new features and stuff. And I'm hoping that, as with previous 'third instalments', we'll see stuff like triple battles expanded upon a lot more. The potential for shaking up the battle system with a LOT more double and triple/rotation battles could break up the same old pace a lot.

Still should be on the 3DS though... >>

Unova is meant to be based on western locations, especially the US. We're pretty dang fickle, so I'm not surprised that cities could spring up overnight. Besides, these cities probably already existed, we just weren't allowed to go to them.

It makes sense that there would be a different team. If Team Plasma came back, then everyone would instantly call the shots on what's going on, Team Plasma wasn't exactly secret. So it could still be Ghetsis at the helm, just in a new costume.

I'm interested in the introduction of old species to Unova. With just B/W, I had a theory that there was a program to introduce new species to Unova, with most of the pokemon contained in the eastern side of Unova (aka, the post-game zone). Now it looks like time has allowed these pokemon to spread all over Unova and adapt and grow with the old pokemon.

I'm curious about whether old characters like the old gym-leaders, N, or even Professor Juniper will appear here. However, I'm most curious about the protagonist of B/W and whether he/she will make an appearance as a super boss like Red does. That would be pretty dang cool if it does happen.

Demelza

Eevee Tamer
Staff member

Doctor Oak said:
It looks like they'll be including some sort of movie-based sidequest this time? Possibly replacing the musicals, or maybe featuring alongside them. Who knows. Looks better than the musicals did though.

I'll actually be happy with anything that replaces the musicals (I really ended up hating them), even more so if this movie thing proves to be half as interesting as it looks.

Doctor Oak said:
Overall, it seems that the main game is going to be rather heavily shaken up in comparison to B/W. Seems that they're focusing on new areas a lot, and revamping the existing ones a fair amount (though, really, it's insane that they're saying all this has changed in just two years - but whatever). It looks as if we're getting a whole new evil bad guy team to fight too - which I kinda like, but at the same time, I feel that B/W's open-ended plotline with Ghetsis and N really should be taken advantage of given that these are sequels and everything.

Maybe their role will be revealed through the game, though. Who knows.

I'm glad they're shaking it up so much, makes the thought of going around Unova again (maybe even twice more), a lot easier. I do think they should have set the games three, maybe even four-five years ahead of Black and White though so such big changes could actually happen. Nothing that big gets done in two years....

Doctor Oak said:
I'm actually really excited by the Pokemon we'll encounter within the game, too. They've picked a pretty varied and interesting selection, it seems. If anything, it looks like some of the more under-represented and uncommon Pokemon are getting a chance to shine. It should really shake up the dynamic of the games.

I like the fact even Pokemon from the first and second generation are being given a chance to shine. Even just looking at Pokemon like Eevee who have /never/ been wild Pokemon gets me excited. It leaves the way open for much more interesting in-game teams, and I can't wait to see what other random Pokemon have become wild in Unova in our two years away. :)

I'm not completely content until I see some form of a Battle Frontier mind, but that is probably likely to happen in some form or another~ (The fact the heroes walk onto a stage at some point in that trailer filled me with hope! x3).

Most of the older-Gen Pokes that are returning are some of my favorites, so I'm quite happy there. I hope that whatever is replacing the Musicals is actually worth playing, because I'm honestly sick of being disappointed on that end.

On the very top image, the way the ice is placed on the map doesn't seem to suggest that part of the region has frozen over. Remember when BW was announced? The pictures of the region had clouds obscuring several locations, and that's what I'm thinking the ice is doing here: it's hiding areas that are either brand new or older ones that have been revamped in some way. I personally don't feel that we're going to see too much ice everywhere, probably just in the immediate area of the Giant Chasm.

Overall, I'm quite liking what they're doing to make it feel like a fresh game. Defo buying White 2 because I don't want a stupid-looking gorilla-posed dragon.

Am I the only one who's hyped that we're finally getting animated sprites for the trainers? 8D

Also I spy with my little eye some sort of new organization! The rival is confronting them, seemingly on the player's behalf (or it could ne just him raging all over the place ala Silver)

And Akuromo seems to be part of a Battle-Runway style thingie. Could he possibly be one of the much-coveted Unova Battle Frontier Brains?

As little interest as I had in B/W, I think this actually looks rather good. Sure, I'll probably be behind on everything, but that probably won't interfere with how much I'd enjoy the storyline.

I, for one, am really enjoying the new character designs, specifically the female player and the rival, although the male player isn't too bad either.

Overall, it looks quite promising and I might just have to get it once I acquire the nescesary credits.

I'm going to take Alex's uncommon or under-represented comment.

So far Psyduck, Azurill and Pelipper been shown which have been in every main series game since their release (minus Black and White (Gen 1 + remakes exclusive for Psyduck)) and then we have Lucario who was the poster boy for Gen 4 and even had a film about it and was featured in Brawl :|

No doubt the other regulars: Zubat, Abra, Geodude, Gastly, Pikachu, Magikarp and Machop will be included aswell :p

I think only a small number actually fit that comment.

Anyway I have noticed dark types are becoming heavily featured within the teasers/trailers which hopefully as I speculated will bring in a dark type gym.

But the movie feature looks interesting and should be good if pulled off well.

Still on BW2 but nothing to do with the trailer the map of Unova shows that there is 9 towns/cities not under the ice (including the starting city) and across from Undella Town two islands have appeared which is where a possible Battle Frontier could be, some people claim they can see an airport under the ice near Undella and I think there is a new city left of White Forest and north of Striaton/Dreamyard. Just thought I would share this information :)

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord

Rileyixx said:
I'm going to take Alex's uncommon or under-represented comment.

So far Psyduck, Azurill and Pelipper been shown which have been in every main series game since their release (minus Black and White (Gen 1 + remakes exclusive for Psyduck)) and then we have Lucario who was the poster boy for Gen 4 and even had a film about it and was featured in Brawl :|

No doubt the other regulars: Zubat, Abra, Geodude, Gastly, Pikachu, Magikarp and Machop will be included aswell :p

I think only a small number actually fit that comment.

I think you misunderstood my meaning. While Pokemon like Lucario, Azurill, Eevee and Metagross may be quite notable or well marchandised, they're also barely featured in the actual games to the point where you can just go out into the grass, pick one upper and play through the whole game with it. Lucario especially is notable for his infamy to the franchise, but almost complete absence within the games: you get one Riolu egg really close to the end of the game in D/P and that's your lot.

Unova has its own Pokemon that barely appear in time to be noticeable at all. Bouffalant, Braviary, Heatmor, Durant - you encounter them 5 minutes before the end of the game, when your team is already complete and while you might catch them, it Willie just be to sit in a box doing nothing forever.

It's not just about being available, it's about being available for real use during the game.

This game just continues to make me happier and happier with each announcement. I cannot wait to play through with a whole bunch of new teams! Shame we won't be getting some new unova eeveeloutions

Holy traveling underwater Batman!

Needless to say, I'm very, very excited about the changes they're making this time around. Everyone has pretty much said what I wanted to say in regards to the Pokedex expansion but I'm very glad for the inclusion of stuff like Eevee and Riolu. Although I'm with Alex with the disbelief that all this happened in -two years- I'll just go with it because it's pretty awesome lol.

That said, I'm hoping that the ice will recede/we'll be able to travel through it at some point or else Unova will be teeny. Unless Sho is correct in that the ice is hiding something from us that is. Whatever the reason, it makes me really look forward to the storyline this time around.

Also, I'm so getting Black II ♥