• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

First Trailer for Mewtwo Strikes Back Evolution Released

Demelza

Eevee Tamer
Staff member
Pokemon Mewtwo strikes back evolution poster.jpg
Overnight the first full-length trailer for the up-coming Pokémon movie, Mewtwo Strikes Back Evolution, was released.

The trailer gives us a glimpse at Ash, Misty and Brock in the new 3D CG style, as well as more shots of Mew and Mewtwo. The film is due out in Japan in July and the official English Pokémon Twitter account has promised international details "soon", so hopefully we'll at least have an English trailer soon!

What do you think about this new art direction? Love it? Hate it? Let us know in the comments!

sSoul

Previously Swirled
The scenery look nice, the Pokemon aren't too weird to look at but the humans definitely look off. Ironic that Decective Pikachu has weird looking realistic Pokemon and how this movie has weird looking unrealistic humans.

Seems pointless to remake the first movie in CG. Misty/Brock look bad, they could have just made this another AU movie or a re-telling so it didn't look like a 1:1 remake.

I also don't know why they skipped out making a Sun/Moon anime movie since this was their last chance rather than another dull nostalgia Kanto re-tread. I don't need to see Misty/Brock again for another decade if I must be honest, kind of sick of their constant returns even if this is a remake.

Damn the 3D animation looks amazing, now I don't usually pay too much attention to new Pokémon movies with Ash and the main crew in them but I think I have to check this one out.