• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

First Gen V Pokémon unveiled!

[quote author=StellarWind Elsydeon link=topic=7264.msg131584#msg131584 date=1265676046]
Or it's a stylistic decision, and if there were more games out now the circle would be differently spaced. >>;

What he said.

I wouldn't read into it any deeper than that XD
[/quote]

I agree with Stel and Katie, it's probably just how they stylized the picture. It's just the circle of life. It's showing what Pokemon was and how it's evolved to become what will be coming out.

alright alright whatever, i said it was just speculation, but on pokemon sunday they said they would show it in full color on feb 21 but whats that 2/15 in the center of the wheel?? will corocoro show it first?

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
The CoroCoro issue to be released on the 15th is said to have some more information - though somehow I don't think it's going to be the official reveal. It'll probably be just a bit more teaser-trailer-y stuff so to speak. I wish I'd be proven wrong on this though. I do want to see what this little bastard is.

Also, 'alright alright whatever'? You might want to consider adjusting your attitude slightly.

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
CoroCoro does have a habit of scooping even the official Nintendo outlets because of its printing schedule - so I wouldn't be too surprised to see a reveal in the next issue, before Pokemon Sunday gets to do their thing.

Hopefully, that'll mean Pokemon Sunday will scoop CoroCoro by having the names of the games and a bit of footage from them too. :p Though a clip of the new Pokemon in action in the movie is more likely.

how can you hate something if all you seen is a silhouette of something. You don't know what type it is, its attacks. Or if it is the last stage in a starter pokemon or not. It could be a legendary for all you know (though I doubt that) In short don't judge a book by its cover.

I agree. Especially this "cover." You can't even see this the Pokemon's "cover" and you are already judging it. I would understand more if you could actually see the thing....

I really hope the version name's are released too. That'd make my week. :p

Not to ruin everyones day, but am i the ONLY one who dosent want a Gen V? I mean, yea, it will mean a remake of Hoenn, (see below for my theory on it) But Nintendo is running out of ideas for pokemon. Starting with Chimchar. Monkeys? Piplup, one of my favorite Sinnoh pokemon, but a penguin?

I could go on and on, but thats redundant. I will look into this, as in, wait for more info before I condem Gen V to hell, but already it has its train ticket for hell.

Now, on my theory of a Gen III remake. Gen III had the remake of Gen I. Gen IV is now seeing the remake of Gen II. Gen V, by this pattern, will ensure a remake of Gen III.

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
Not to ruin everyones day, but am i the ONLY one who dosent want a Gen V? I mean, yea, it will mean a remake of Hoenn, (see below for my theory on it) But Nintendo is running out of ideas for pokemon. Starting with Chimchar. Monkeys? Piplup, one of my favorite Sinnoh pokemon, but a penguin?

In answer to your first question: Yes, you're probably the only one who doesn't want a Gen V.

In response to the rest, how does Chimchar being a monkey and Piplup being a penguin possibly equate to Nintendo running out of ideas? That makes as much sense as me claiming Modern Warfare 2's November release equates to Lil Wayne getting chucked in prison for possessing a firearm without a license, especially since, to my recollection, there hasn't been any penguin Pokemon before Piplup except possibly Delibird, depending on how you look at it.

If that's the best reason you can come up with as to why Nintendo's running out of ideas, then your claim is absolute nonsense.

But Nintendo is running out of ideas for pokemon.

I refute this with as much irritation as I can muster. They are sure as hell not running out of ideas. You must have a really narrow view of the animal kingdom to think that 493 Pokemon have covered everything.

I could go on and on, but thats redundant. I will look into this, as in, wait for more info before I condem Gen V to hell, but already it has its train ticket for hell.

Now, on my theory of a Gen III remake. Gen III had the remake of Gen I. Gen IV is now seeing the remake of Gen II. Gen V, by this pattern, will ensure a remake of Gen III.

i'm with you, what could the seriously make that could surpass "arceus" who is a god equal.

plus i dont care if im judging this book by its cover i can clearly see it to be sonic/lucario with a freakishly skinny belly, thing is this isnt what pokemon is, they're looking more and more like digimon.

A humanoid Pokemon with a skinny waist who looks like it wouldn't be out of place in Digimon?

Hmm...

150Mewtwo.png

They dont have to surpass him. They can make a bro-Arceus, or just make other Legendarys that are below him.
Its not like they topped the other legendarys with every gen.
Gen 4 was the first one to make something that was somehow above the others.
That doesnt mean they cant do any other Legendarys.
The Birds as an example didnt even have a special background xept for being legendarys of that element.And then they released the Dogs who are basically the same Typing-legendarys. except suicune/articuno, but that doesnt even matter.

Legendary basically just means that the Pokemon is extremely rare, and has certain traits that make it more special than typical Pokemon.

And I dont even care about this Pokemon that was announced that much.
If its good then cool, if not then not~
Its good that the series is moving on though, and in a somehow different direction.
The maingames are horrible written,boring and really not special since Gen1.
The gens after gen1 felt more like updates and add-ons instead of whole new games for me. Especially after gen 2.

And its a common trend under developers right now to change their turn based RPGs into more action oriented games, even with Square announcing that FF13 will be the last "classical" turn based RPG style Final Fantasy game.

I welcome any change they will do to gen5. Even bad ones, because that at least somehow shows that they try to risk a bit and not just resell the same game over and over again every x years with some minor updates.

And the "they run out of ideas" thing is really not an argument. The people at gamefreak are good designers and are paid for doing that. They have ~4 years for each game to think about many Pokemon.
The amount of well designed fakemon out there is enough of a sign that theres so much stuff left.
You can even reuse many animals or make a ghost type for every element without any problems.

New is usually better than nothing. If the following game sucks just stop playing. at least then you have something to try out instead of having nothing.

Ok, ill give you that one...But before, pokemon looked....like pokemon. Made up. Now, they seem to just...Not look like pokemon. I would rather not start a flame war or a debate, in this topic. Somewere else maybe

They look like Pokemon because you've had time to get used to them. I can guarantee that if Voltorb had not been in the original generation and were instead being introduced now, people would be slamming it as 'not looking like a Pokemon'.

fuman wins. im converting. lol but ya altough i totally disagree with him about the games sucking, as they are my favorite thing in the world, he is right just because its better than nothing, and just because they make pokemon i dont like doesnt mean i have to use them, i can still go through the game with all my favorite pokemon like feraligatr. and maybe its like the blue avenger said, i'll just have to get use to them. im done bashing the thing until at least i've used it in battle.

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
i'm with you, what could the seriously make that could surpass "arceus" who is a god equal.

How many times am I going to have to repeat myself?

[quote author=Doctor Oak link=topic=7242.msg131123#msg131123 date=1265130136]
To save myself the bother of rewriting it, I'm just gonna dump what I said in the chat not too long ago:

«Belle» I wonder what they're doing with legendaries in Gen V
«Belle» considering they've already effectively re-created GOD, as it were.
«~DoctorOak» pfft
«~DoctorOak» that argument is made by American Christians who have it in their head that God is an absolute singular entity
«~DoctorOak» which doesn't really apply to a game developed in Japan, where the culture indicates multiple higher powers
«~DoctorOak» not to mention the fact that, in Japan, Dialga, Palkia, Giratina and Arceus are "Pokemon referred to as Deities"
«~DoctorOak» not literally deities
«~DoctorOak» they're just part of the mythos of Sinnoh's creation
«~DoctorOak» just as Groudon, Kyogre and Rayquaza are for Hoenn
«~DoctorOak» there's absolutely nothing to stop a similar mythos for another region
«~DoctorOak» and this concept of having "to top making God" is absurd nonsense
[/quote]

That too. Only that I think that the legendarys of those regions can be applied to everywhere. Especially because stuff like Mew and the Birds like to hang out in lotsa regions.
But that doesnt change the fact that they can make oh so many new legendarys.

I am positive yo uare right, that if Voltorb had been introduced in Gen 4, i would not like it. Hell, i dont like it as it is, but thats because i have never used it, as there was always a better thunder pokemon. Jolteon for example.

Now, this "Werewolf" pokemon...curently looks like....a bad hairday Lucario....Lucario is , again, In My Opinion, a badass pokemon. Mainly because of the movie, but,...thats again, my OPINION.

Sue a guy for expressign his Opinion.

And on the legendarys...Those...Were limited to around,...5...In all the previous regions? Maybe 6...Kinda outa it right now...But i can also bet there will be more then in Sinnoh!

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
You don't know what it looks like and thus can't have an opinion because it's just a shadow. When Pokemon like Weavile and Mime Jr were first revealed to us - it was in pretty lame quality scans of their shadows. People speculated that they were everything from a robot with a ray gun to a spinning top. The point being, that was complete nonsense too - and had absolutely no bearing whatsoever on the actual Pokemon.

Nice, looks awesome. Can't wait for the 13th movie, and the Gen V series and Pokemon. The silhouette looks like an evolution of Ninetales. Looks sweet for one of my fave Pokemon from Gen I getting an evolution.

That seems...and probably was correct. Now, i know ONE thing about this new pokemon. And that is...I know nothing about it, other then its shillouet.

Like i said, I will follow the new info till Gen 5 is released. Then, and only then will i condem it or not condem it to my personal version of "Hell"

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
Look at this

Evil moster fox for the WIN! I so hope that's real and not just a rumor. I've wanted a fox Pokemon for ages! (I've never counted the Vulpix line as a proper fox, because Ninetales looks more wolf-like to me). Please let this be real XD

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
I'm skeptic because it's just safer that way, but if this IS the real deal I'm more than satisfied. The pre-evo is a cutesy little guy, and having a new Dark-type line works for me. I'd train it :)

WOOHOO! Gen V is in da houz! I love Zoroark and Zorua, too. I wonder what it's sound will be. I can't wait to see the rest of the generation, especially the starters and the Legendary's. *Falls into happines trance*

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
Oh yippee.

It's Renamon and Shadow the Hedgehog's lovechild.

The furries are going to be ALL over this.

I mean. It's not a bad design. I'd train it. But... Yeah. @_@

I think I just died of happiness! These Pokemon are awesome and I will be very disappointed if they are not real. I'm definitely taking comfort in the fact that these have a high possibility of being legit.

Oh wait, Serebii already confirmed it was real so nevermind. Either way, love these Pokemon and not just because they're dark types. The design and color scheme are excellent. Always happy to see another canine Pokemon.

Well, I'd have to say I'm rather pleased, and a little surprised, with the update. It does have an intriguing design, and I like it's typeage. Dark is a favorite of mine.

An another note, I'm happy it's not a Lucario upgrade. My Empoleon/Ferligator probably couldn't have handled it.

Hey! That's not bad at all! I was a little worried about this gen V thing, but that doesn't look so bad! (even though it seems to be a bit underfed :-\)

Can't wait to see more of gen V now!