• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Fire Emblem

Hmm with Nintendo finally releasing two Fire Emblem games stateside and a third on it's way for the Gamecube I'm curious if we'll ever get the high points of the series namely Fire Emblem: Geneaology of the Holy War and Fire Emblem: Thracia 776. I mean Fire Emblem: Thracia 776 advanced the series so much and is even more advanced than the three FE's for the GBA.

Why can't I dismount my cavaliers in any of the GBA games yet in Thracia I can. From what I've heard Nintendo Butchered the difficulty on Fire Emblem: Sacred Stones for the newer people to the series and in Fire Emblem they force you through a tutorial. I'll be honest I did Find Fire Emblem: Seal of the Sword harder than both of the games translated by Nintendo. Even Difficult in this newest offering seems pathetic compared to even hard mode in the last game.

I however will say I like the stories yet I feel in Sacred Stones I'd have to be an idiot to actually lose.

From what I've played of Thracia it's a much better game. Originally in the works for the N64 but ended up being released the Super Famicom in 1999 this is the pinnacle of the Fire Emblem series.

Infact it's both the sequel and prequel to Geneaology of the Holy War. The first part takes place close to the same time as GOTHW while the end is after it.

I love the ability to dismount my cavaliers and it can really help when your enemies are equipped with horseslaying weapons and is advantageous for the pegasus riders.

I hope with Path of Radiance for the GCN they get it right. Hopefully the difficulty returns.

Hopefully someday Thracia 776 will either be relased in English or fully translated. I'm so glad walkthroughs for it pretty much translate the story but I'm curious of some of the dialogue.

Long Live Thracia 776.