• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Fire Emblem:Monarchs. (+13)

One decade ago, the world was thrown into a war,
Many lives were taken and villages destroyed,
The only ones that were the dominate ones were the Players of the blood game,
Just as hope was lost, six brave and kind-hearted heroes fought against the Players,
Ending the blood game and saving the Earth from extinction,
The six heroes then spread throughout the continent,
And became monarchs of the land they protect,
Hope and peace was once restored to the world.

One decade later...
______________________________________________________________________________________________________
To join go here https://pokecharms.com/threads/fire...s-continent-and-discussion.17044/#post-474287 to verify your character.

This is also a RP in which I am creating the chapters and map layouts, I may have multiple characters in this. But fellow RPers can control them if they wish, just don't go overboard with the controls.

Also, the Prologue Chapter does not have anyone joining, it is only meant to be set as a starting point. Those who will be joining will be set on Chapter One.
______________________________________________________________________________________________________
(Prologue)

It was a calm and peaceful day. Everyone in Holin were doing there daily routines. The men were working their jobs, the women gossiping in the market and the children were playing around the town. All came to a stop when a woman shrieked in horror, charging into the town were Brigands. They would destroy whatever's infront of them, steal anything they could find and kill anyone in sight. The town was in peril as it was soon lit on fire.

"Hahaha! That's it boys, kill everyone and scavenge all the things that can be sold!" The leader of the bandits stood proudly as he commanded them.Several soldiers came to defend the town, but were overpowered by the Brigands sheer strength and willpower. They were powerless to stop them.

(Castle Holin)
The Castle was under attack by Brigands as well. Within the Castle walls in the hallway, a young woman can be seen running with a boy and a Sage.

"Princess Victoria! You have to escape with your brother, by the kings order I will hold them off until you've escaped!" The Sage said with worry.

"I won't let that happen Hans, I don't want you to die like this!" The woman now known as Victoria disagree to the Sage known as Hans.

Just as Hans was about to reply back, Brigands appeared across the hallway.

"Drat! They've breached the Castle!" Hans stated, drawing out his Elfire tome and created a strong ball of fire in his hand.

"Tch, I was hoping for no bloodshed," Victoria stated "But it seems that I'll be required to fight! Alex, stay behind me!" She said as she drew out her Rapier.

"No! I can fight too, Hans taught me how to use magic!" Alex replied as he draws out a Fire tome, creating a small fireball within his palm.

The Brigands charged towards them at once, no hesitation can be made in this battle. Hans quickly cast Elfire towards a group of three, burning them alive as they try to put out the flames. Victoria ducked under a swing from the Brigands axe and stabbed him directly in the abdomen, causing serious damage as she yanked out her Rapier and blocked against another hit. Alex quickly ran around a Brigand as he cast Fire onto the helpless Brigand as he desperately tries to hit Alex, but to no avail.

Just as they were done with the Brigands, another group came and charged towards them.

"This is getting ridiculous!" Hans stated as he swap his Elfire tome with a Paralyze staff. Using all his stamina to hold the Brigands in place. "Go!" He yelled.

Victoria didn't have a choice. She grabbed her brother's arm and ran off as the Sage general stood and shielded them from the upcoming Brigands." HANS! NO!" Alex shouted.

They then ran outside of the Castle and into the Castle grounds, where multiple Brigands were waiting for them.

"Shit! I've should have known!" She sweared, readied her Rapier. The Brigands were slowly growing in numbers, surrounding the two. Just as a Brigand charged at them, he was soon kicked aside as a Myrmidon appeared.

"Seems like you two need my help." The Myrmidon said as he draws out an oddly rigit sword.

The Brigands charged towards the new Myrmidon as he puts on his goggles that he wore around his neck and in a flash rapidly move to counter all the Brigands in rapid succession. He then hit a switch on his sword handle and the sword became a whip, using the skills of a trained Urumi swordsman and swinging around in a fast pace to slash the Brigand filled area.

As the blade hits the last Brigand, knocking him dead. The Myrmidon withdrew his whip back to a sword and sheathed it. Turning towards the onlookers.

"Are you two hurt?" He asked. Taking off his goggles.

"No, thank you for saving us Talon." Victoria thanked to the Myrmidon now known as Talon.

"We should really get out of here. Chances are, more Brigands would appear." He stated

"Right, let's go" She replied as she was about to leave with her brother and Talon.

"Princess!" A voice shouted.

"Huh?" Victoria turned around and saw two Cavaliers wearing black and white armour, riding their horses towards them.

"Princess Victoria, the Castle is no longer a safe place to be. We must escape!" Said the Cavalier in black armour.

"Indeed, we'll have to reach the town posthaste." The Cavalier in white armour said flamboyantly.

"Alright then. Conner, Flint, both of you will help us in our escape." She said to the Cavaliers dubbed as Conner and Flint respectively.

And so the group went to the outskirts of the Castle to head to the town. But what would they encounter next? Can they save the townspeople in time? Or would fate be set upon them?

(Chapter End)

Last edited:
Chapter One: Cease the pillage.

As the group fled out the Castle. They decided to take refuge within the Town, hoping to escape from the Brigands.

"Hans..." Alex said in grief as he thinks back to the General Sage.

"Stay strong prince Alex, for even if General Hans were to be sacrificing himself to protect you, there is little possibility for him to be defeated easily!" Flint encouraged.

"As much as I normally disagree with you Flint, he's right milord. General Hans is a strong Sage that has done many things to aid us in our battle for him to earn his title 'Dragon Flame'." Conner willingly assist in the encouragement.

"... Alright." Alex perked up as they continued to head straight to the Town.

As the group had reach said Town, they could only be shocked as the Town was burning down, several Town folks were scattered and Brigands pillaging the place.

"No..., not here as well," Victoria muttered, drawing out her Rapier " Everyone! We must protect the remaining Civilians!" She commanded.

"Alright, I was kinda getting bored anyways." Talon stretched as he readied his Rigid Sword dubbed the Feather Blade.

They then head towards the Town, ready to take on the Brigands.

Objective
Rout the Enemy
Rescue Town Folks
-Five in total

Optional Objective
Enter two unburnt Houses.
- Red Gem
- Vulnerary

Last edited:
Ashei the Swift wandered into a small town in Holin. He was en route for his mission, and wanted to stop and get some rest.

The town was overrun with Brigands. The mercenary cursed under his breath and drew his sword. In the corner of his eye, Ashei saw a Brigand dash towards Prince Alex with his axe held high.

Ashei sprinted to the aid of the young prince. He slashed at the axe to counter the blade. The Brigand through kick at Ashei, which propelled him backward. He dropped his sword as he flew back. The young Merc regained his balance and said to Prince Alex,"Watch yourself, these Brigands play dirty."

Ashei the Swift picked up his sword and charged at the opposition. He let out a battle cry as he sprinted away.

As the Mercenary dashed off, Alex has trouble comprehending what happened.

"Milord! Are you alright!" Conner rode in, stopping beside Alex.

"U-uh yeah, I'm fine," He said as he snapped from his daze. "Who is that man though?"

Conner looked and saw the Mercenary running off to engage with the Brigands. "I don't know milord, but he seems to be a sellsword. I wonder why one would even be here." He pointed out.
_________________________________________________________________________________________________

Fending off the Brigand that was about to kill a man, Victoria quickly counter his axe swing as Talon wrapped his Feather Blade around the Brigand's neck and yanked him away.

"Are you harmed?" She asked the frightened man.

"A-ah! Princess Victoria, thank heavens you've saved my life!" The man thanked.

"Thank me later, find any survivors and get out of the Town." She commanded.

"Y-yes at once, milady." The man then ran away from the skirmish.

She then noticed the Mercenary dashing by.

"Halt!" She yelled towards the Mercenary.

Last edited:
"What do you want.." Ashei stuttered,"Oh, it's Princess Victoria." The Merc bowed to the princess and stabbed his blade into the ground."I'm at your service Princess Victoria."

A Brigand charged at Ashei, but Ashei counter-attacked faster than the Brigand had bargained for. The sellsword chopped the head off the Brigand's axe."Haha, you've been bested!" Ashei bragged The Brigand looked at the mercenary and threw the handle of his axe at Ashei.

The handle made contact and Ashei crippled. He dropped his blade and it landed on the ground next to his half-unconcious body.

Last edited:
Meanwhile, Yacker the outlaw was standing on the roof of a burning house, y'now, looking like a badass, he saw a brigand try to attack a villager, he sighed
"Might as well do something." He placed an arrow in his bow, and shot the arrow through the brigand's head, as the villager looked up in awe, Yacker had moved his position a bit. so he was not seen. he ran along the ground, trying not to be seen.

As the crippled Mercenary staggered, the Brigand tries to charge and tackle him. Victoria got infront of him and blessed by Lady Luck herself as she strucked her Rapier onto the Brigand's chest, piercing his heart in the process.

As the Brigand fell to the side. Victoria turned and aid the Mercenary.

"Hey, are you alright?" She asked.
________________________________________________________________________________________________________

At another part of the Town, Flint protected a woman from the Brigands as he stood there on his horse proudly as he defeated the Brigands with ease.

"Haha! None of you can stand a chance to me, Flint the Dashing Knight!" He boasted, turning to the woman. "And hopefully you weren't harmed at all my flower?"

"N-not at all Sir Flint, you've saved me from those ruffians" The woman thanked.

"Think nothing of it. If a young woman like you were to be in danger, I shall be there to protect you." He flirted. He then noticed on the roofs of the buildings was an Outlaw running around the Town. "Hm.... It seems like I am required to be elsewhere, please escape this town at once." He asked.

"R-right, thank you Sir Flint." The woman then ran off.

Flint then dashed off to where he spotted the Outlaw, readying his Javelin.

"Halt you fiend! Or face the might of Flint the Dashing Knight!" He yelled.

"Yeah, I'm fine," Ashei reassured," Wait, why are the Prince and Princess here anyway?" Then a Brigand apeared, with a young maiden as prisoner. Ashei picked up his blade and shouted,"I'm done with you!" The sellsword struck an aproaching Brigand. The brigand clutched his side, where the blade hit.

Ashei then slashed at the Brigand again. The blade cut through the Brigand's arm. The sellsword jumped up and kicked the Brigand in the head. The enemy fell to the ground.

Ashei the swift ended the Brigand's pain with two more slashes to the chest. Ashei then freed the brigand's prisoner and shouted ,"Go, get out of here!"

Yacker facepalmed, then said
"Um, I am trying to leave after peeving off the brigands, probably, because I killed one of them for fun. Now, please get out of my way." He looked behind him, and saw an approaching brigand, dragging the corpse of the brigand Yacker had killed, he dropped the man on the ground, pulled out his axe, and charged at Yacker, clearly angry. Yacker gulped.

As the Brigands slowly lowered in numbers, the leader was getting desperate for the raid.

"Grr, what is happening! Why are they getting slaughtered out there," He then brandishes his Steel axe. "Pah! If you're going to do something right, ya gotta do it yourself!" He then ran in, itching for a fight.
________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Victoria fended off several Brigands and was slowly getting fatigued from the battle, Talon aided her in defeating the Brigands.

"This is odd, I never expected Brigands to be this strong," Talon pointed out. "Hm, there might be something going on here."

"You got... a point there..." Victoria said, breathing heavily. "Do you think... you can find out... about it?" She asked.

"On it, try not to get killed while I'm gone." He joked as he used his Feather Blade to lasso his way onto the roofs. He stood for a brief moment closing his eyes, he then opened them with a sparkle emitting, his eyes glowed red. Looking around, noticing the Brigands have a malicious and dark aura surrounding them. "So this the cause..."
Noticing that the Outlaw was not a threat, his attention was now towards the Brigand charging towards him. In a flash, Flint spun his javelin before throwing it with a light air burst. The javelin the hits the Brigand's shoulder, causing him to drop his axe and scream in pain.

"If you say what you are peasant, then allow me to assist you. For I, Flint am a generous man that will aid the commoners." Flint said with pride.
Alex and Conner were helping any remaining Towns folk to escape. Alex then noticed a Brigand entering one of the houses. Thinking the Brigand was injured, he went in and kept himself hidden. He watched the Brigand stumbled before sitting down against a wall.

"G-guh, I didn't expect this to happen," The Brigand said with regret in his voice. "I-I just want a simple life, but that damn Zink decided to raid this town and now look what happened."

Alex felt remorse for the dying Brigand. He came out of his hiding spot, revealing himself to the Brigand.

"Y-you?! What are you doing here?!" The Brigand said in fear.

"It's okay, I overheard what you said," Alex responded. " You never really wanted to hurt anyone right?"

"Yea... Our leader Zink wasn't like this before, we used to steal with little bloodshed," He said. "But he changed when he met with that hooded man..."

"Hooded man?" Alex asked. The Brigand winced in pain and Alex began to panic. " Ah! I'll get help!"

"No... This is what I deserve for even following Zink's orders to harm the innocent" He then reached into his pocket and pulled out a Red gem. "This was all I could steal, I think you can have better benefits with it."

No... No! You can't give up yet!" Alex encouraged.

The encouragement did little as the Brigand's eye slowly close and dropped the Red gem, rolling to Alex's feet. He then picked it up, clenching it in his hand.

"Prince Alex! Where are you!" Conner's voice could be heard from outside of the house.

"I'm in here Conner!" He yelled back, pocketing the Red gem before exiting the house. 'Rest in peace, Mr.Brigand.'

Last edited:
Yacker sighed in relief, he said
"Phew. Thanks, I cannot do close range combat well, but long range, sure. He whipped out his bow, and shot an arrow into the bleeding brigands head. he said "Being honest, if you hadn't attacked this brigand, I would've had an axe in my chest now!" He smirked.

Ashei clashed with another Brigand. The Brigand swung his sword at Ashei. The sellsword jumped backwards to dodge the blade. The Brigands blade only nicked Ashei's stomach, which caused a rip in his clothing.Ashei then sprinted towards the Brigand and struck.

Ashei's attack disarmed the Brigand and sent him to the ground. The sellsword swung his blade at the wounded soilder. The Brigand pleadied to the merc," Please, Don't kill me, Our group use to refrain form killing, I just want to find my family again."

Ashei picked up the Brigand's blade and threw it. He sheathed his sword and helped the man up."Go," Ashei commanded,"Leave." The Brigand nodded and ran towards the exit of town.

The merc scoured the remains of the town for the last survivor. He wound up inside the second remaining house. Ashei searched around and found a Vulenary. This could come in handy, The mercenary thought.

Flint drew out his Iron sword, turning his horse around. "Well, it seems like my work here is done. Now if you don't mind, I am required to aid Princess Victoria elsewhere." He said as he's about to gallop away on his horse.
Alex and Conner were both scouring the Town with little trace of life left. Alex was sadden knowing that many lives were lost during this raid, including the one he pitied and tried to help.

"Prince Alex, are you well milord?" Conner asked.

"H-huh? Oh, yes Conner, just a little tired." He lied.

"No worries milord. Once we are done with this, we can take a break." He assured.

As they continued, they noticed the same sellsword that saved Alex from before.

"I-it's him!" Alex said.

"The same sellsword that guarded you from that Brigand attack." Conner replied. "Milord, do not drop your guard, we still don't know if he is a ally or foe."

They then moved on and got close to the sellsword.

Talon and Victoria both finished the last of the Brigands, exhausted from the onslaught.

"It seems like Father was speaking the truth after all." Talon muttered.

"What do... you mean?" Victoria asked.

"He said that he sensed an evil malice growing closer to the area, that was why I came and helped." He responded.

Victoria was about to speak, until the Brigand leader appeared.

"Huh, so my boys lost to two louts like you? Pathetic." He said, readying his axe. "I'll end your lives here and now!"

Victoria quickly took a stance, but Talon grabbed her and used his Feather Balde to lasso them out of there.

"Talon! What are you doing!" She exclaimed.

"We can't fight him in our current state, his aura is stronger than any of the others." He said as he landed both of them on a roof and continued running.

"Get back here you curs!" Zink yelled.

"Greetings, Prince Alex," Ashei said with a small bow,"There's only one Brigand left, so I might as well finish him off and then be on my way." Ashei walked pass the Prince and his soldier. He drew his sword and slowly kept walking away from Prince Alex.

Yacker went onto the rooftops again, he muttered
"Might as well stay, who knows, maybe I'll get lucky with money." He pulled out his bow, and aimed for anyone brigands he saw. he waited.

"Grr, where did those two go?!" Zink growled as he lost sight of Talon and Victoria, looking for any traces of the two.

He looked around for a moment before locking his eyes on a little boy underneath some rubble crying. Feeling the bloodlust desire, his axe glowed a purple aura as he slowly walked towards the boy.
Talon and Victoria were both resting on top of a roof, breathing heavily as they had ran far from their pursuer.

"Princess Victoria! Sir Talon! Where are you!" The voice of Conner could be heard by the two as they both looked down the building they were on and noticed both Conner and Alex.

"Hey! We're up here!" Talon yelled as both of them mustered their courage to jump down.

"Sis!" Alex hugged his elder sister in which she returned.

"Ah! Bless the Lord that you're all safe!" Flint exclaimed as he rode in.

"Well, seems like everyone's here," Talon said." That Brigand still needs to be taken down though, and I didn't expect to see such a horrific amount of malicious aura from him."

"What do we do now?" Victoria asked while still having Alex in her arms.

"Hm... Normally we require a Monarch's help to deal with this, but through the knowledge that I knew about this, fighting them is as easy as hunting a wild animal." He replied

"What do you mean Sir Talon?" Conner asked.

"With such aura, they can shroud ones ability to fear danger therefore, they can be careless in battle. And with a Brigand wielding a heavy weapon, that can effect the battle style of them." He answered.

"Such intelligence Sir Talon! As expected from a warrior such as yourself!" Flint praised theatrically.

Everyone sweatdropped at Flint's flamboyant acts.

"Um, what about that sellsword?" Alex said "The one that is currently heading to fight that Brigand."

There was a brief pause as Alex's word slowly got to everyones head.

"Shit!" Talon dashed off.

Ashei's walk escalted into a sprint as he saw the Brigand was about to harm a young boy. The sellsword raised his blade and shouted across the battlefield. Hurdling the corpses, Ashei ran across the battlefield with incredible speed, cofirming the "Swift" in his name. The sellsword put himself between the Brigand and the child."I, Ashei the Swift, will not let you harm another living thing,"

"Grr, another whelp. Whatever, I shall kill you here!" Zink growled. He swung his axe and taunted the mercenary to strike.

Ashei sprinted at the Brigand and swung his sword. Zink countered by hitting the blade with his axe, which knocked Ashei off his balance. The sellsword regrouped and charged at Zink again. The soldier shouted as he charged," I'm done with you!" Ashei swung at Zink. Again, Zink countered. Ashei struck twice more, they failed again. The merc leapt in the air and kicked Zink. Zink stuttered backwards and swore. Ashei took his blade and slashed Zink firmly across the chest. Zink laughed at Ashei's attempts. The Brigand swung and hit Ashei across the chest with his axe. Ashei fell to the ground. Zink looked at the mercenary as he walked towards Ashei. Zink raised his axe to finish Ashei off. The sellsword slid under Zink's leg's. Ashei heard the Brigand curse as the merc dealt one final blow to the back of Zink's neck.

Zink collapsed and groaned,"G-gh! I- I'm sor...ry ever...yone...." The life faded away from the Brigand. Ashei freed the boy from the rubble and gestured him to leave the town.

As Talon ran towards to where the sellsword and the Brigand leader was fighting, he stopped to notice the Brigand slain by the sellsword. Noticing a young boy was there, the sellsword gesturing the boy to leave.

"Hey you, I got something to say to you." Talon called out to the sellsword.

With the others, they managed to find where the townspeople were. They rejoice when they saw the group that help to defend the town.

"Ah, Princess Victoria, we are gracious to have your help," An elderly man spoke, who was the mayor. "Unfortunately, not all of us manage to escape the onslaught..."

"I'm sorry. If only we were here sooner." Victoria replied sadly.

"It's alright, had you'd not been here all of us could have met our demise." He said.

A woman then walked out. "Your highness, have you seen my son? He was lost in the town during the raid from those ruffians." She asked with worry.

"I-I'm sorry, none of us saw a boy in the town." She answered.

The woman was about to break down in tears, until a boy's cry could be heard.

"Mom!" The boy cried out.

"Zack!" The woman then ran to her son had gave him a heartwarming hug, both crying with joy to see each other.
A while later

"Your majesty, we've managed to gather some gold to repay what you have done to help us." The old man offered.

"That's alright, we don't require payment for the deeds we do." She politely decline.

"Nonsense, you've all worked hard to aid the townspeople. I insist that you should take it for your trek to Cylia.

"Princess, it is highly recommend that we should restock on supplies. Who knows what we would meet in the dire future." Conner said.

"..., alright then. I'll accept it." She said as the mayor passed on the bag of gold to her.

"Now then. Shall we head of to Mavos, Milady?" Flint asked.

"No, we have to wait for Talon to get back." She replied.

"Princess Victoria, Prince Alex. Thank the lord you're both unharmed." A voice rang out.

They all turned to look at the direction the voice spoke from. What they saw was Hans, injured slightly with his outfit slightly torn.

"Hans!" Alex yelled as he ran and hugged his teacher.

"Hans! You're alive!" Victoria exclaimed.

"Of course I am milady, I can't die knowing that Holin would be in peril." He said, slightly chuckling.

"Sir Hans, lets get you patched up. Those wounds could be serious." Conner suggested.

"Alright then." He replied.

After saving the townspeople, the group has now set sight to head of to Cylia. With Hans now reunited with the royal blood, their would be little trouble ahead. But what about Talon? What about Ashei and Yacker? And what would come up next?

(Chapter End)
____________________________________________________________________________________________________
Rewards and Goods.

Items - Red Gem, Vulnerary

Gold - 5000 G ( With Red Gem - 2500 G+)

Bonus
- Ashei (Saved two townspeople, saved another unit, killed one enemy unit, mercy, boss kill.) - Total Gold - 1195 G
- Yacker (Killed one enemy unit, saved one townspeople, assist.) - Total Gold - 180 G
____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Last edited:
"What do you want?" Ashei asked as he sheathed his steel blade. While he waited for a response, he thought of his sister, who remained back in Cylia. Mei, I wonder where Mei is!? He started to mentally panick for his only living relative. Ashei then relized his blade was dirty and started to clean the blood off, so it wouldn't crust on the sword and ruin it.

Watching the sellsword panicked for a while, he decided to leave him be.

"Right... I think I'll just go now..." Talon sweatdropped.

He then dashed off.
With the group, they've rested plenty and Hans was finally healed from his injuries. Currently they were waiting for Talon to get back.

"Hey! Sorry for the hold up!" Talon yelled as he arrived.

"What took you so long?" Victoria asked.

"Sorry, got a little sidetrack."

"Well if there is nothing else, let's head to Mavos."

They then readied their gear and left the Town, heading to the neighbouring continent of Holin.

Last edited:
Paralogue One: Unchangable Choice.

Within the Castle of Mavos, a servant rushed into the throne room. The Marchioness, currently in a conversation with her advisor.

"Marchioness Lorraine! I bring dire news!" The servant kneeled.

"From whom is the message from?" She asked.

"It is from Lord Herne, milady," He stated as he brought out a scroll, reading it. " Lorraine, Marchioness of Mavos. I sent you this message as a warning of an upcoming war. For within this short of a time period, the Castle of Mavos is in danger as we speak. As the Monarch of Mavos, this is a must for me to aid the Continent at all cost, but I'm afraid that the other Continents will be in a disadvantage not knowing the invasion we will soon face. Lorraine, as your ally and friend in battle, I recommend to prepare your troops to defend Mavos." The servant ended.

Marchioness Lorraine was in distress from the warning. She turned to her adviser. " Gulliver, I want all the troops to prepare. We can't turn a blind eye to this."

"Understood your grace." He said calmly as he left the throne room.

"Mother?" The voice of Christene could be heard as she walked in the throne room." Is there something the matter?"

"It is nothing you should be concerning at the moment Christene."

"But you seemed restless, surely you must let me know about the situation."

".... Alright but do not let Carnel know about this."
Marchioness Lorraine explained to Christene about the war that will soon transpire as they walked down the hall.

"That's crazy! Why is another war starting!" Christene exclaimed.

"I have no clue. But, knowing what happened during the last one, it was truly lucky we survived that." She said as she shivered from the memories from a decade ago.

As they walked down the hall, they could hear swords clashing within the training hall. Slightly ticked as she was expecting one person to train at this time. She went to the training hall with Christene following.

Entering, she saw Carnel and Lilith training. "Carnel!" She yelled.

Flinching slightly, Carnel turned to look at Lorraine. "Mother! Dang it."

"M-milady Lorraine!" Lilith said, freezing. "It's not what it looks like! ...okay, it's what it looks like."

"Carnel, I have specifically told you not to takepart in any training whatsoever!" Lorraine stated.

"I know, but I can't just do nothing all the time." Carnel replied.

"I understand your concern, but I just can't handle the fact about you getting hurt."

"I'm not a child anymore. You can't keep me from doing what I need to do for so long."

"Even so. You're still forbidden from training and I'm not letting you enter any sort of conflict, let alone the upcoming war!"

Everyone paused after the Marchioness' claim as she realised her mistake.

"W-wait, there is a war happening soon!?" Carnel exclaimed.

"Don't even think about it Carnel!" She said, knowing what he was thinking.

"But this is ludicrous! I didn't go through all that training just so I can just enter some sort of fancy meeting with others, I only did it for moments like this!"

"Carnel, I am your mother and when I say you won't partake in that war, you'll listen and that's final!"

Carnel threw his sword down and stormed out of the training hall.

"L-lord Carnel, wait!" Lillith ran after the angered prince.

Lorraine took a deep breath before walking out of the training hall as well, leaving Christene there as she witness the argument.
Night

Carnel was in the hallway, out of a balcony. The moonlight glimmered on the prince as he rethink of what has transpired during that one moment.

"Carnel..." He turned, Christene walked out to the balcony.

"What do you want...?" He asked.

"Look, about what happened earlier. I know mother's words might be harsh on you, but you have to at least be selfless for once."

"And what, be the one who attends those boring council meetings while you're able to head out and fight for our Continent?"

"It's not that, it's just... I worry about your safety as well. Sure you may have trained with Lillith all the time, but what if you couldn't fend of against some powerful foe and left there to die?"

"That's not the point!" He yelled, turning around fully to look at his sister. "I trained so I can help the people of Mavos, to fight for upholding the peace, to even fight alongside with you!"

Christene paused for a moment from Carnel's statement.

"I trained vigorously for this moment and there is no way I am letting that going to waste!"
He clenched his fist, shaking in anger.

"Carnel..." Christene murmured, walking up to Carnel before giving him a hug, surprising him.

"W-wha-" He studdered.

"I'm sorry.... I didn't know you felt that way." She whispered.

They stayed there for a while before they broke the hug. "Are you calm now?" She asked.

"Yeah, thanks for that."

"It's what I can do for my brother."
Dawn

Carnel and Lillith were both preparing for their department, Carnel sheathing his sword and Lillith readied their gear.

"Wait!" Christene ran towards them. "Where are you going?!"

"We're heading to Holin, our spies have intel that Brigands are going to invade there." He stated.

"But you can't just waltz out of the Castle, what do you think mother would do if she found out!"

"She'll have to drag me back if she finds out." He said as Lillith finished readying their gear.

"Lord Carnel, we're ready to depart." Lillith confirmed.

"Wait Carnel," She grabbed on his shoulder. ".... Stay safe, alright?"

"I know, thanks for the concern." He thanked.

Carnel and Lillith then departed, walking into the distance as Christene stood there.

"... Monoki," She called as soon as they were far enough as the person she called appeared from the shadows. "I want you to watch over Carnel in his travel."

"Understood milady." She then dashed to the path Carnel took and jumped into the trees to stay hidden.

Christene watched her retainer disappear into the trees and walked back into the castle. "Brother..., I pray for your trip to Holin to be out of harms way."

Last edited:
Morning

Carnel tightened his hood, concealing his identity. If he wanted to be out of his mother's reach by night, he would have to remain relatively concealed and secret. An armed rider beside him was kind of suspicious, but riders were very common in Mavos. Horses maneuver forests better than humans, and they're faster. Some people took notice, but not very many.
Carnel was passing by a building when a window shattered. A man jumped out, followed by three others. All of them were armed.
"Lord Carnel...?" Lilith asked, wary of the prince's next move.
"We've got to find out what's going on." Carnel replied, drawing his sword and running after the four men.
"Milord-!" Lilith sighed. There's no way we won't be noticed if we get involved... Too late, I suppose. Lilith rode after the prince.

Silver ran as fast as he could. He knew these people were fast. He needed to be faster. Silver ran around a corner, skidding to a halt. "Aw, damn it. A dead end. ...shit." Silver turned around, seeing the three men. "Welp, I guess this is the end for me. You know, it's an honor... getting taken down by the Three Musketeers."

When Carnel and Lilith ran off to find the running men. From the crowd of people, Monoki stayed hidden as she sneaks past the crowd. She then quickly went to an alleyway and climbed up the building, vision locked on the Prince and dashed from building to building while straying away from any attention.
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
As the 'Three Musketeers' cornered the Mercenary, the one in the middle stood forward.

"Hmph! I would have cut your tongue back then if I knew you had been responsible." He said, drawing out his Killing Edge. "I'll make sure you'll pay."

The three then moved closer to the Mercenary with their weapons ready to strike.

Last edited:
"I'm not gonna beg for my life. Nor would you expect me to." Silver replied, a bead of sweat going down the side of his face. "You know me too well. Just do it, already."
"No! Not today!" a voice shouted. Prince Carnel ran up from around the corner, sword drawn. He ran up to one of the assassins, clashing blades. The assassin attacked, but Carnel dodged and used the opportunity to land a critical blow. The assassin fell to the ground.
His comrade began to charge at the prince, but Lilith rode up and blocked the strike with her lance. She then charged, stabbing the assassin through the chest. "Milord, are you alright?"
"Fine." Carnel said.

As the two Assassins dropped dead. The leader backed off, getting into his stance.

"Grr, more pests. No matter, we'll kill anyone who stands in our way!" He stated as he whistled and several Assassins appeared.
Monoki, watching from afar drew out her hand blade. 'Only enter when the young lord is injured...' she thought as she prepared herself to jump and aid Carnel.

Last edited:
"Whoa, someone actually came to help me out?" Silver said, surprised. "Thanks for the help. Name's Silver Storm. I'm a mercenary."
"Not a problem, Mr. Storm." Carnel said, tightening his grip on his blade. "Can you fight?"
"All I need is a sword." Silver replied. He saw the Iron Sword dropped by one of the dead assassins, and picked it up. "Alright, I can fight."
"Good. We may need your help to take down these assassins." Carnel said, looking around. "We'll discuss your pay later."
"Save the chatter. We need to fight!" Lilith replied, swinging her lance.
"Charge!" Carnel shouted, dashing forwards.

Objective
Rout the Enemy

Optional Objective
Enter three houses
-Concoction
-Iron Sword
-Iron Lance

Carnel located an assassin, and entered combat with it. He struck the assassin, dodged their strike, and landed a final blow.
Lilith rode into the center of the square, where two assassins were next to a house. She attacked one, killing him in one strike of her Steel Lance.
Silver saw an assassin close to Carnel within his range, so he dashed forwards and engaged him. He found a weak spot, and landed a critical blow.

Last edited:

Fire Mana

Previously Top_Smug_
Proteus had only decided to stay with the assassins long enough to make some money, they had provided him with some food and shelter which is all he really needed for the time being. He had never planned on taking the lives of any innocents and definitely not any nobles. All of the assassins had typically stayed away from Proteus, he could seem cold and he had no intention of befriending killers, so when he heard the whistle and came out of the shadow only to see a noble boy and a women standing beside him fighting he knew he wasn't going to stay with them any longer. He drew the line at killing, he snuck off field and decided to hide behind the trees for the time being.

As the three held back against the Assassins, two were on the houses ready to do an aerial assault. Both having their Killing Edges ready as they were about to jump down. They then felt as something past through their abdomens and saw an energy wave past them before the top of their bodies slid off.

Behind them was Monoki as she sliced the two in half with a Chi strike from her hand blade. With a soulless look as she turned back to check on Carnel and Lilith. "None should harm him in any way..." She said monotonously.

Last edited:

Fire Mana

Previously Top_Smug_
Proteus felt a pulse of energy pass through him. Intense pain flowed through his body for a split second, he dropped to his knees and spat up blood and vomit. After the initial wave of pain he quickly recovered and used his spear to prop himself back up and support his body weight. He looked behind him through the trees back into the alley he saw four people still standing, and the assassins bodies in pieces on the floor. He was thankful that the nobility was unharmed and the man they had originally cornered was mostly unharmed as well.

Carnel didn't notice the energy wave that cut through his attackers. One of the assassins charged Silver from behind, but Carnel blocked the strike. Silver landed a critical blow, obliterating the assassin with a single strike. Lilith rode up to one of the assassins, stabbing him. The assassin attacked again, but Lilith blocked before jabbing the assassin one final time, killing him. Carnel and Silver dashed up to a pair of assassins, striking them both down. The only one left now was the boss, as the last assassin had vanished.

As the Assassin watched his men dropped like flies, he pinch the bridge of his nose and gripped on his Killing edge.

" *Sigh*, this is just not my day. Whatever, I'll just have to strike you down here!" He said as he dashed and attempts to strike Carnel.

Monoki notice to assault and was about to aid the targeted prince until Silver intercepted the attack.

"Gh! I am not letting you harm anyone!" Silver exclaimed as he shoved the Assassin away with his Iron Sword.

"Tch! I have just about enough of you!" He then proceed to attack Silver, but Silver ducked under the attack and tripped him, causing him to falter.

"This will be the last time you will speak, make it worthwhile!" He said as he striked him in the abdomen and slashed to the side.

The Assassin fell to the ground as he held his wound. "Guh, T-this is not over, y-you will pay for this!" He yelled.

"Yeah, yeah got it. Classic revenge quotes." Silver stated as the Assassin died from blood loss.

Last edited:
VICTORY! Hero: Silver

Carnel and Lilith sat down, exhausted. Silver leaned against a pillar, satisfied that the battle was over.
"Thanks for the help back there." Silver said, sheathing his blade. "I'd be a crumpled pile of flesh back in the corner by now if not for you."
"No thanks needed. Only doing what I can for one of the people." Carnel replied, smiling.
"One of the people? What are you, some kind of noble?"
"Yes, actually." Carnel answered. "My name is Carnel Lorraine, son of the Marchioness."
"WAIT, REALLY?!"
"Why else would a knight of the realm be with him constantly?" Lilith replied.
"Wow, so I got saved by a prince. I knew Lady Luck liked me, but this is going a bit too far." Silver mused. "Thanks for the save, milord. I'm in your debt."
"Actually, I'm in yours." Carnel replied. "You're a sellsword, correct? I did say we would discuss payment after the battle."
"Huh? No, I won't accept payment for this." Silver said. "This was my fight, and you just got involved. But you did save my life, so I owe you a debt of honor. Allow me to join you, and become your retainer. Free of charge."
"Well, extra hands could definitely help." Carnel responded. "Alright, then, what's your pay?"
"Huh? Didn't you hear me, milord? I said free of charge."
"It'd feel wrong not paying you for your services." Carnel said. "I suppose we can discuss pay on the way."
"Actually, on that topic. Where are we headed?" Silver asked.
"We're headed to Holin, to go help with the upcoming bandit attack." Carnel said. "Ideally we can be in the woods by nightfall."
"In that case, we should get going." Lilith said. "It's about midday already."
"Then let's move." Carnel said. The three packed up and headed out.

END OF PARALOGUE 1

Fire Mana

Previously Top_Smug_
Proteus had nowhere to go now, he didn't like them but the assassins and their barracks were technically his home. Not to mention he was still wearing the assassins outfit and that wasn't gonna fly if he was going back out into the world. He decided to see if the corpses had anything on them, and after a while searching he found a body with a pouch of gold coins on it. He rushed to an armory to purchase whatever he could to cover the black robes. He ended up buying a black steel chestplate and gauntlets. Having no sense of direction, Proteus decided to stalk the noble party for now. He stayed in the alleys and shadows following about 50 feet behind them.

As the three head one, Monoki stayed on the roof while watching them. When they have reached a certain distance, she jumped down from her station and proceed to follow them from afar.

She paused for a moment, looking around before hiding behind an alley, readying her hand blade. With a sharp gaze, she held the blade near the assailant's neck.

"Don't think you can hide from me..." She deadpanned.

Fire Mana

Previously Top_Smug_
"Shit" Proteus breathed out trying not to squirm, a blade near his neck was not the most ideal situation. Proteus calmed his breathing and let the lightning surge through his body. He could feel his senses enhance and his muscles get stronger. In one movement he pushed the blade away from his neck and pulled out his spear. "Would you believe me if I said I meant no harm?"

After her blade was shoved aside. Monoki felt a surging aura from him and lowered her hand blade.

"If I were to believe that, I would have spared you," She stated as the blade glowed. "But for now, I'll forget you've ever existed."

Her hand blade let out a blinding light in a short radius. With the light fading, she disappear into the shadows and continued to follow Carnel.

Last edited:

Fire Mana

Previously Top_Smug_
"Damnit..." Proteus hadn't expected someone as strong as she was. He was lost again, no goal, no mission, and now he didn't even have somewhere to stay. He was gonna have to steal to survive again, and that wasn't favorable to him. "Guess I'll steal supplies and some cash until I'm ready to leave the city." Proteus said out loud. He started back to the center of the city and got lost in the crowds of people as he pocketed coins from unsuspecting strangers.

CHAPTER 2: Vile Souls

Out a ways from the capitol, within Holin's borders, a group of seven bandits were walking around laughing it up. They came across a cottage on their travels. "A cottage? In the middle of nowhere?" one of the bandits said, shocked. "C'mon, boys. Let's raid it!" The seven bandits knocked the door down with an axe, only to find a woman holding out a spear.
"B-back off, all of you!" she said. "You don't want to get on my bad side!"
"Hey, whaddya think, boys?" the bandit asked. "Think the slavers will like her?"
"She ought to make us a pretty penny." another replied. "Quite a beaut."
"Last warning!" the girl said before charging at the bandits. One deflected the spear, another grabbed it and two more rushed in, restraining the girl.
"Let's get this woman back to our camp." the leader said, smiling. They headed out, the woman being forced along but muffled with a cloth.

PARALOGUE 2: Defense From Evil

"I think this is a good place to set up camp." Carnel said, holding up a hand. Lilith and Silver both stopped. The group of three had been traveling for the day, and were now in a forest.
"Very well, milord." Lilith replied, tying her horse to a tree. "Silver and I can set up the camp. You get some much needed rest."
"You sure I can't help?"
"I'd appreciate it, but I don't think Lilith will let me let you help." Silver said, smiling.
"She can't stop me from helping." Carnel replied. "I'm not sitting on the sidelines, here. I'll gather some firewood while you two set up the camp." Carnel left to go get some firewood.

A few hours later, Carnel returned with his fifth load of firewood. "There we go. This should be enough."
"Find anything interesting this time?" Silver asked.
"Definitely." Carnel replied. "Three small settlements to the north of us. They gave me a bit of firewood to help us out. They offered us a place to stay, but I declined. I've never been camping before."
"It's no castle, milord." Lilith said, sighing.
"All the more reason to try it." Carnel responded. "I've only slept in castles and fancy houses. Mother rarely ever let me outside of the city."
"Well, we got the camp set up." Silver said. "Let's head to bed."
"Agreed." Carnel said. "We've got a long journey ahead of us tomorrow."

*CRAAAAAAAASH*
Carnel woke up, shocked, at the loud crash. Looking around for the source, he didn't see it... but did notice some strange CREATURE about to attack Silver with sharp claws emanating a purple gas. Carnel grabbed his blade and slashed through the creature, and it vanished into smoke.
"What the hell was that?!" Silver said, grabbing his weapon and getting on guard.
"The sound or the monster?!" Carnel replied.
"The sound was those fallen trees." Lilith said, jumping on her horse. "The monsters, I have no idea! But they're all throughout the forest!"
"The villagers...!" Carnel said, shocked. "The villagers are in trouble!"
"Aw, shit." Silver said. "We gotta go rescue them." The three dashed off to go aid the villagers.

Last edited:
Eli was walking up to his cottage. He closed his eyes and called, "Emily, I'm home!" He didn't hear a response. He opened his eyes and noticed the state of the cottage. "Emily?!" He shouted. "Gods no.." Eli dashed into the cottage. "Emily?! Emily are you here?!" Eli shouted frantically. "Damn brigands," Eli mumbled. He snatched his tombs. The mage dashed out of the cottage, and started to run in a random direction. "Emily! I'll save you!" He shouted to no one in particular. He drew his Fire tomb in case he ran into any brigands on the way. He was praying that his sister would be okay.

"Princess Victoria, night will soon fall. Shall we sent up camp?" Hans asked as he looked to the sky.

"Hm, perhaps so." She thought.

"Hold on," everyone stopped as they turned to Talon. "There seems to be a camp there." He stated as he pointed to said camp.

They then saw a mage running by. Wondering of his searching, Alex called out.

"Um, sir? What are you doing?" He said.

"Prince Alex! Don't start a conversation out of the ordinary, " Conner exclaimed. " We have no idea if anyone here might be an assailant!"

"At peace Conner! There is no proof that everyone might be one!" Flint defended.

"Perhaps we could at least aid what he is doing." Victoria said.