• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Fire Emblem: Arcane Stones

Xenologue 1 - The Departure
Alrest was, at the moment, quite peaceful. With Denzer preoccupied with Centai's forces, the country of Alrest may of been assumed to be preparing to mobilize their troops, yet...they were not. The king was a smart man, but perhaps not a generous man. Perhaps this was best for the time, but was a rather selfish choice in the end. Not everyone was silent about this decision, particularly one young man.

"S-Sir, I do not understand," Said Kiran, "Centai is our ally. If we do not help, who will? T-They were caught off guard, and have been struggling from what I've heard..." The Prince of Alrest walked down one of the castle's numerous halls, right behind his Father and King.

"From what it sounds, you have still not understood Kiran. I've explained it to you already- we have soldiers located on our borders. They will mobilize out once they get the word or if Denzer invades us. But, I will not send that word out." King Othello answered sternly. "Because Kiran, our military is not the strongest in the first place. If we were to be overwhelmed out there, our kingdom is next to fall. Not to mention the copious bandits that have been running wild, keeping the soldiers here busy! Every day a new group pops up and starts causing trouble..."

"B-But sir, surely if we attacked alongside Centai, we would be victorious. Two kingdom's combined might would certainly overthrow Denzer! Why are we going to horde-"

"Kiran." Othello stopped in his tracks, shooting a gaze back at his son. Kiran too stopped, because of that very gaze. "I've made up my mind and told you my reasons. I will not be changing it. If this truly concerns you that much, you can personally go down to the border and tell them to mobilize. Show some gumption for once." And Othello left Kiran out in the hall, alone.

"...That's not a bad idea." Kiran told himself.
=====​
Kiran had to find his bodyguards. And he knew at this hour where one would be- the training room. Not as impressive as the massive library in which the other bodyguard spent her time, but was still a perfectly acceptable training room. The telltale sign that Sarah was here was a clunking noise from the target range.

"Sarah," Kiran called. She didn't hear him. As he walked toward the target range, the clunking continued. "Sarah, may I talk to you for a moment?" Still no response. He finally reached the target range, and there she was- tossing hand axes at a wooden target. "Sarah?"

"Just a moment." She told him. Sarah tossed the hand axe, landing it lopsided on the wooden dummy, joining some others stuck to it imperfectly. "Dammit, thought I had it that time. What didja need me for?"

"Well, we need to go on a little...trip." Kiran said. "Towards the border. We are going to assist Centai."

"Huh? Us?" Sarah almost looked dumbfounded. "Isn't that kinda why you have an army in the first place? If anyone should be chargin' down there, it should be the boss."

"Y-Yeah, well..." Kiran ruffled a hand through his hair. "He won't send out a message to mobilize the border guards. So that's where we come in. I'll go more into to detail when we get Priscilla...err, where is she?"

"Knowing her? Out on a walk, or in the library. And I'm gonna say library, since she finished the first book on Alrest's birds yesterday."

"Alright, let's go." And so Kiran and his bodyguard left the training grounds.
=====​
Priscilla was hunched over a desk in the grand library, reading a book entitled Birds of Alrest: Volume 2. She hadn't even looked up from her book when she spoke up. "What needs to be done?"

Kiran always found Priscilla a tad uncanny. She was his friend and protector, but seriously...there was something to be said about how aware she was of everything. "We, well, we are going on a trip. To the border. To help out Centai."

"As you say." She said, shutting her book and tucking it away in her cloak. Unlike Sarah, she didn't push the question further- after all, she wasn't being paid to ask questions, she was being paid to protect Kiran no matter what. She would catch on as they went. The library wouldn't miss the book either- they had extra copies of everything, and Priscilla wasn't even intending on keeping it.

As Kiran and his bodyguards left the library, sonething caught his eye above the Library's fireplace mantle. A lance hung up, with a plaque describing it.

KING OTHELLO'S GOLL
This lance was used to strike down a vile Bandit Lord who terrorized Alrest's plains by the king himself
Hung to dedicate the crowning of King Othello
May it be a sign to Othello's dedication to his country, for now and ever

It was the most recent addition to the mantle, joining the coat of arms, along with a sword and axe that were far too old to be of any use. But the lance was newish, still well maintained- still useful. "Hey, um, Sarah? Priscilla? Could you give me a hand getting something down?"

"Like what?" Sarah asked, "A book or something?"

"Not exactly, um, I was thinking more the lance up there."

"Why are we stealing that?" Asked Priscilla, in her same monotone voice. "It's no better than any other lance. Won't your father get upset?"

"I mean, no. He wasn't using it, was he? I-It's just hanging there after all. No worries, let's get it down." Kiran said. King Othello wouldn't be mad! He had his own new lance anyways. Of course, maybe his sister wouldn't like it...But she wasn't exactly concerning.

"Alright. Sarah, you can reach it? Because I know I can't." Priscilla said, turning to her fellow mercenary.

"Let me see what I can do..." Sarah could barely reach the lance, but she managed to unhook it from the wall. Unfortunately, grasping it was a little trickier than it seemed. Only held up by the palm of Sarah's hand, it began to topple."Whoa whoa, Kiran, Priscilla, grab it!"

Before the lance hit the ground, Kiran managed to grab it. "Ah. Thanks Sarah!" Observing it closer, the blade at the top was a golden color, adorned with a red stone in the center. The handle was silver, smooth and engraved grooves coating it. It was, indeed, quite a lance. "Okay, great! Now let's go get ready to goooooo-" As he turned around, a familiar face greeted him "Um, hi Elizabeth! We were just taking the lance down to, uh..."

"Clean! We were going to clean it." Chirped up Sarah.

"Yeah, clean it! We are going to make sure father's lance looks great." Princess Elizabeth was the last person he really wanted to see right now, and that excuse wasn't really the greatest, but hopefully it would get her off his back. If not...It wouldn't be optimal. At least she wouldn't tell Othello...probably.

Elizabeth was in the Library searching for a book on lance techniques and magical combat. She looked through several old bookshelves, which proved ineffective. The basara walked towards the other side of the massive library. She walked past the table Priscilla was at.

After several more minutes of searching, Elizabeth came across a book entitled Basaras: Strengths and Weaknesses. She pulled the book off the shelf and tucked inside her bag. The princess walked back to the middle of the library to observe Kiran, Priscilla, and Sarah next to her father’s lance.

“...what are you doing with Father’s Lance?” Elizabeth asked. She listened to Kiran fumble his words and Sarah finish his sentence.

“I don’t buy it,” Elizabeth walked. The princess put the dots together and thought. Oh, he’s not going of to war is he, She thought.

“Wait, are you going off to war? I know you don’t want to be king, but that doesn’t mean you should go on a suicide mission.” Elizabeth exclaimed.

“No.” Elizabeth stated,” If that’s what you’re doing, You can’t go... without me.”

Last edited:
Fen ran up beside the archer Shard damaged and initiated battle with him. He took the archer out with a bite. "This is real exiting." Fen said as he finished his battle.

Rona flew beside the knight and attacked him with her Killer Lance, she did a bit of damage. The knight counter attacked and did some damage.

Shawn moved up beside Fen.

Shay moved closer to the thieves.

Enemy’s Turn
The Knight thrust his lance towards Magnus, this time he pierced the wyvern’s hide. Magnus counterattacked with his axe, which knocked the Knight to the ground. The knight died.

The assassin stayed in the same place.

The thieves advanced. One ran towards yacker and stabbed at him from close range.
Ally’s Turn
Magnus flew towards a thief and slammed his axe into the thief. The blade snapped the thief’s small leathe breastplate and puchered his ribs. “Tsk, what waste of my time.” Magnus said as the thief feel to the ground.

"War? Suicide mission? Well, first off, it is NOT. And if I was somehow going off to war, I would use the border guard to help me push into Centai as currently they are not doing anything. Second, I...Uh." Hmm. If he told her his plan, she would inevitably come along. And considering how she read him like a book, she'd probably think he was just being a jerk and go tell the King if he denied it. And that wasn't exactly what he wanted.

So Kiran lowered his voice and came closer to Elizabeth. "Alright, alright, look. You got me. If you really want to follow me, go ahead. But we gotta be careful. Father might act like he doesn't care for us. But deep down, I'm sure he does. Not only will he be crushed if one of us dies, but no doubt he'll be even harsher on the one who lives. And if both of us die, then there goes Alrest's line as we know it." He backed away after he finished. "So, uh, if your joining us, meet us at the courtyard in an hour. Get whatever you need that won't weigh us down."

And then he left, Sarah and Priscilla following. The green haired mage spoke up. "Is it really a good idea for you both to go?"

Sarah chimed in alongside her comrade. "Yeah, I gotta agree here with Priscilla, that does seem a little risky."

"What's the worst that can happen?" Kiran responded. "We might run into some thieves along the way, but what will they do, threaten us with little knives? We'll be fine, no doubt. Anyways, we need to get ready. Here's what we'll get..."

=====​

"Alright, weapons loaded in. Lances, axes, I even threw a sword in there. We are set on that front." Sarah said.

"Great!" Kiran had personally loaded in the Goll, food, and bedrolls, along with securing a horse and cart for them to ride out on. "Now we are waiting for Priscilla and Elizabeth..."

"I'm here." Said Priscilla, walking out with a pile of books. "I got tomes and useful books. I have books on Alrest's plains, war strategies, the Denzer Mountain range if we make it that far..."

"Good, good. Load it all in the cart. Now we just wait for Elizabeth." Kiran would wait for his sister. But if she took too long, he'd have to set off without her- he wanted to leave before sunset. Despite what he said earlier, bandits were not merciful- and at night, they'd be even worse, probably waiting right outside of town to raid any sap who came across them.

And Kiran did not want to be that sap.

Moving next to Shay, Shard initiated battle with one of the thieves. He charged up and fired off a blast of flame, bursting the thief's clothes alight - but just barely not killing him.

Yacker, hurt a bit, hopped back a few steps, and Shot the thief in the chest, The thief barely survived, Yacker said
"Hmph, That actually hurt." he braced himself, knowing he would get attacked soon. He rubbed the stab wound in his shoulder.

Elizabeth left abruptly after Kiran told her his plan. The basara ran up the long winding staircase up to her wing of the castle. “Princess, what are you doing?” a voice from behind asked. She stopped dead in her tracks. She knew that voice, it was the voice of her Retainer, Ashei. Ashei was childhood friend of hers. He wasn’t a strong warrior, good servant, or a competent person in general, so Othello was hesitant on letting Ashei be his only daughter’s retainer.

“I’m just preparing to go to festival in a town to southern border with few friends,” Elizabeth said, her face was racked with guilt for having just blatantly lied to Ashei’s face.

“Oh, what festival?” Ashei proded. His brow furrowed in suspicion.

“Just a small festival that you’ve probably never heard of,” Elizabeth said, as she backed towards the large oak door to her room.

“Wait, Princess, I assure you, if it exists I’ve probably heard of it before, I get around a lot,” Ashei stated, he noticed Elizabeth was growing increasingly nervous,” You’re not lying to me are you?”

“No, I’m just in bit of hurry, my friends should be leaving soon, No if you’d excuse me, I have to go,” Elizabeth said as she pushed through the doors.

She quickly gathered her things, her Iron lance, thunder tome, extra clothes, and her down pillow, because she simply couldn’t go sleep without it. She fastened her lance to her bag and filled it with her stuff. The princess slung the bag around her shoulder and sprinted towards the door and made her way back down the winding stairs.

When Elizabeth sprinted through the door, Ashei noticed she had her lance. “Wait Princess, why do you have-,” Elizabeth ran away before Ashei could speak.

Elizabeth found Kiran and his retainers and exclaimed,” Are we all ready to go, We should probably hurry, Bandits would eat royals like us alive if were caught during nightfall,”

Shawn moved up in front of Shard an attacked the thief and took him out.

Shay moved in range of one of the thief with Rona moving behind him.

Fen moved towards the thieves but stayed outside their range.

Enemy Turn

The thief attacking Yacker charged at him again and swung his sword at him.

Another thief ran towards Shay, an shouted,"We're running low on manpower here!" He then jumped at what sword in hand.

"Alright! I didn't want to make it to easy on us to kill these whelps! But I'm tired, so Let's get this over with!" The assassin exclaimed. He pulled a horn out of his sack and blew into it. A loud sound echoed across the town. Horse hooves could be heard clanging against the street in the distance.

The other thieves raced forward.
Ally's Turn
"They've called for reinforcements! Brace yourselves!" Magnus yelled across the battlefield. He flew past the thieves and towards the assassin.

"Just wonderful!" Shard groaned. He ran towards another thief, stopping a few feet away from him. He charged up a Fire spell from his tome and fired it off, blasting the thief with flames. However, he didn't go down. "Dang! Need some help with this one!"

Yacker, after barely surviving the hit, said
"Coming!" He knew this might not be the best plan, but he got close enough to the thief that Shard had hit, and fired his bow at his opponent, killing the thief, he said "ugh, my shoulder hurts." He rubbed the now slightly bigger stab wound. "Anyone know how to heal?" he asked weakly.

Shay moved towards one of the thief and attacked him, he slashed him with his spear and took him out in one blow.

Rona moved in front of Shay and fired her bow at another thief, almost taking him out.

Shawn moved towards the thief Rona weakened and took him out.

Fen moved next to Yacker. "I don't think so, but if my sister was here she would be able to heal us, she's a priestess." Fen said.

Enemy Turn
One final thief charged towards Magnus and swung his sword towards the wyrm rider.

Eight Cavilers poured into the streets, which had enough movement range to cover the whole map. No one was safe. The assassin bragged,”Good luck fighting this! Alright boys be prepared to leave, this should be over soon!”
Ally’s Turn
The thief’s blade embedded in the Dragon’s thick hide. Magnus counterattack swung his axe powerfully down onto the thief, causing him to the fall to the ground and drop his blade. He turned his Wyvern and flew closer to the assassin,”Quick, everyone, those cavilers will rip us to shreds, advance towards the assassin! We don’t have much time!” Magnus shouted across the battlefield.

“I’m sure we could defeat the riders-!” Shard was saying before he stopped himself. “Wait, the leader is escaping and the royal guardsmen can handle the cavaliers. Alright, let’s chase him down!” Shard ran after the assassin, stopping a bit away from him - just out of range of his magic.

Yacker said
"Well, I'm putting this over my health." he ran forward, just enough so that he was just behind Shard, he said "Archers are better at the back, right?" he sighed, and got ready in case the assassin tried to attack.

Fen moved next to Shard. "We just need to take out their boss, how hard can it be with all of us." He said.

Rona and Shay moved in behind Fen.

Shawn moved behind Yacker.

Enemy Turn
The assassin readied his blade for the oncoming attackers.

Seven of the cavilers blocked the group’s exit, while one advanced forward to attack Yacker.
Ally’s Turn
Magnus flew towards the assassin and yelled,”Everyone, make haste and kill their leader!” He swung his axe at the assassin, which did minimal damage, due to Magnus being at the disadvantage. The assassin swung his blade to counter attack, which cut deep into the wyvern’s skin, and caught Magnus’s leg in the process.

Yacker dodged the attack, and said
"WHY IS ALMOST EVERYONE ATTACKING ME?!" He rushed up, just close enough to the assassin to attack, he shot his bow at the assassin. But, again, it was a critical, meaning he did a fancy flip, and fired as hard as he could. He hoped that it worked.