• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Fire Emblem: Arcane Stones

(Sign ups and discussion here: https://pokecharms.com/threads/fire-emblem-rp.18795/)

One thousand years ago, a great war took place. Four dragons and their followers clashed in a long and bloody war. The dragons were Alkharuc, the Dragon of Knowledge, Kenkathik, the Dragon of Creation, Dulvenraq, the Dragon of Destruction, and Cenzithor, the Dragon of Choice. The war was put to a stop by a group of mages united in the aim of peace. The dragons were turned into four glowing orbs of their various traits. The leaders of each of the four kingdoms signed a peace treaty and took their orb away. That peace however, have been broken when the Kingdom of Denzer launched an attack on the kingdom of Centai. Unknown of the attack, The outer edges of Centai has quickly fallen and the forces of Denzer have made their way deeper into Centai's territory. Crown prince Carnel and his army are currently trying to take back Fort Brexit currently taken by Denzer's army.

The general that was stationed at Fort Brexit, a Great Knight named Marcus, saw the Prince's forces incoming and ordered his men to deploy. "Battle stations soldiers! We have an unwelcomed guest to take care of." He said as many Warriors, Cavaliers and Knights as well as a few archers came out of the fort to face the prince.

Last edited:
"Looks like they've got a welcome party ready." Silver said with a smirk. "Orders, my liege?"
"Charge the fort with most of our army. Meanwhile, I'm going to take a smaller party to the side and breach from there while their men are focused on the frontal assault." Carnel ordered, walking up. "Silver, Lilith, Lily and you four - you're with me."
The experienced knight nodded towards her lord, but Lily flew up on her pegasus cautiously. "My lord, are you sure you want me? This will be my first battle..."
"You're one of the Pegasus Knights." Carnel said with a smile. "You're best used away from the archers, and the best place for that is in close-quarters where they're not able to shoot efficiently with longbows. The fort has mostly corridors and courtyards."
Lily nodded at this. Carnel then drew his sword and pointed at the fort. "All units not with me - ATTACK!"
Two hundred men then ran and rode towards the front gates as Carnel's party of eight went around the back.

"Don't let them retake this fort men! Attack!" Marcus shouted as his army charged forwards to intercept prince Carnel's front forces. None of the Denzerian Fort Brexit occupant have noticed the smaller group that are breaching them from behind.

A few minutes later, Silver breached the back door. They were in.
Carnel and Silver walked forwards, making sure there was no one in the room. There wasn't. Carnel ordered the riders through as the swordsmen kept guard. Carnel decided to split the group in half - four of them would go up to challenge the commander while four would take out the guards at the gate. With their plan made, Carnel took Silver, Lilith and Lily with him to the top floor of the tower.

Prologue - Assault on Fort Brexit

Carnel, Silver, Lilith and Lily all reached the top of the tower, looking forwards at General Marcus. Silver took quick note of the four other soldiers there - a swordsman, spear fighter, axe fighter and archer.
"General Marcus of Denzer! I am Crown Prince Carnel!" Carnel shouted. "We've come to take back our fort! Lay down arms and surrender, now!"
"We wouldn't want to have to get dirty." Silver said with a smirk.

Marcus looked over the battle when suddenly he heard prince Cornel from behind. He quickly turned around as he grabbed his Tomahawk from a table beside hi. "How did you lot get in? Well it doesn't matter because you are not leaving here alive." He said. "Men! Prepare for battle!" He shouted, the Aze, Sword and spear fighter readied themselves as they approached the Prince's group.

Carnel's Turn
Carnel readied his blade, preparing to dash towards the spear fighter. Suddenly, Lilith raised her spear to stop him.
"No, milord! That's not a wise idea." she said.
"And why's that?" he asked.
"Because of the weapon triangle. You've heard of it, yes?"
"Ah, right. Swords beat axes, axes beat lances, and lances beat swords." Carnel remembered. "So then, since I'm a swordsman, it'd be wiser to attack the axe fighter."
Carnel then went over and attacked the axe fighter. Carnel slashed at him once, then dodged the axe fighter's slow attack before landing another blow and striking down his foe.
"That was pretty easy! I guess it's because I had the advantage, huh?" Carnel boasted.
"Heh! You don't need a weapon triangle advantage to win!" Silver butted in with a smirk. "You just had an easier time because of your advantage. The weapon triangle is ever present in warfare, and a good warrior always needs to be mindful of it when picking an opponent."
"Which is why I'll attack the sword user!" Lilith charged towards the enemy swordsman, taking him down in one powerful strike. "Oh, milord, that's what's called a critical attack."
"Critical attacks deal three times the damage of a normal attack, I know." Carnel continued with a smirk. "I might not always be able to make a good move, however. I can only move a certain distance at a time, after all. Mounted units or units with higher speed can move faster than me. For example, Lily can move quite a bit thanks to her pegasus."
"That I can!"
"Then why don't we have you go attack that archer in the back?"
"E-EH?! ME?! B-BUT...!" Lily exclaimed in shock.
"Surely you know that warriors on flying mounts such as pegasi and wyverns are vulnerable to arrows, right?" Silver pointed out. "If you send her against that guy, he'll be able to shoot her down almost effortlessly."
"O-oh, right." Carnel realized. "Forgot. Sorry. Lily, how about you attack that spear user instead? Your pegasus gives you high speed, which means you're harder to hit and get to attack twice."
"Alright!" Lily exclaimed with a smile, engaging in combat with the spearman. She attacked once but got hit afterwards, landing a final blow to end the fight. "Gah! That hurt..."
"Lily, you should use a vulnerary to heal yourself." Carnel stated.
"She can do that after I show off my skills!" Silver smirked, running over towards the archer. He couldn't completely reach him, though. "Ah, well. I'll get him in just a minute."
Enemy's Turn

The archer moved forward a bit before taking aim at Silver. "Since you don't have a ranged weapon, you can't counterattack this." Marcus said in the back as the archer shot at Silver.

"Can still dodge, though!" Silver said with a smirk, dodging the flying shaft. "But he's right about that whole counterattacking thing. I've currently got my sword equipped, so I can't attack from a distance. I could if I was using my knives, but... well, swords aren't javelins. But now it's my turn!"
Carnel's Turn
With a smile, Silver dashed up to the archer and landed a critical hit.
"That's all your guards, general! Now I'll take you out!" Carnel said with a smile, dashing towards the general.

Marcus, who was now suddenly on a horse, stared at Carnel before initiating range battle with him. "You have done well to reach me here, but this is the end of the road for you, prince." He said before his Tomahawk at Carnel.

Last edited:
(Carnel initiated the battle, so it's close-ranged and Carnel goes first)
Carnel dashed forwards, slashing at General Marcus. However, his jab only dealt the slightest bit of damage. Carnel dodged away from the slice of the General's tomahawk, before putting all his energy into a powerful stab - the Prince's Critical Hit. "It's over for you!" Carnel shouted, stabbing through his foe's armor.

The small hit along with critical did just enough to drain the rest of Marcus' health. "Gah!" He shouted as he fell. "You... defeated me? No matter... I died serving my kingdom." He said before dying.

VICTORY!
Heroes: Carnel
Carnel drew back his sword, cleaning it with a cloth before sheathing it. Shouts were heard from below, and Carnel looked towards them with his gang - it was the rest of his small army, having defeated the Denzian troops. Carnel drew his sword again and raised it to the sky. "My friends and loyal subjects, today we have gained victory!"

Half an hour later, Carnel was in a strategy room with Lilith, Silver, Lily and General Faldron.
"Now that we have Fort Brexit back, I advise we attempt to take the border city of Gitinia. If we can take it, we may be able to receive support from Alrest." Faldron suggested. "Our army is small as it is, and we can use all the help we can get."
"I agree." Lilith said. "From what I've heard of the Alrestians, they wouldn't turn a blind eye to Centai's plight."
"Then that shall be our next destination-" Carnel was interrupted by a guard charging into the room.
"Lord Carnel, we have an emergency!" the man said, kneeling. "The Denzian army approached stealthily, and managed to surround the fort! We're trapped here!"
"What?! Damn!" Silver exclaimed, pounding his hand down on the table. "We can't fight them here - too many close quarters and too contained a space. Our spearmen and swordfighters can't make use of the terrain, much less our riders!"
"Do they have archers to the west?" Carnel asked.
"No, sir, only riders."
"Then Lily must fly west." Carnel ordered, facing the pegasus rider. "Get back to the kingdom - tell them what happened here and warn them that the Denzians are still on the move!"
"What?! I can't abandon you all here!" Lily said. "At least let me take you with me, milord! We can't afford to have you captured!"
"If I fled, our troops would lose all morale and be quickly defeated." Carnel reasoned. "At the very least, we can stall the enemy troops this way. Now fly, Lily, before it's too late!"
General Faldron grabbed Lily by the hand and pulled her to the top level, where her pegasus was. Lily hopped on her horse, looking at the general.
"Stay safe."
"You as well. Now fly!"
Lily took to the skies, soaring towards the west. The riders were unable to hit her with crudely-thrown javelins. By the time the Denzian prince arrived, she was already long gone.
The front gates of the fort opened wide. Prince Carnel walked out, his two retainers by his side.
"You must be the Crown Prince of Denzer, Perseus." Carnel said, facing his foe. "I tell you now, I refuse to lose!"
Carnel dashed towards Perseus, sword drawn.
End Prologue

Chapter 1: Rise and Shine

The location - the small forest just outside of the Centaian Castle. A man was lying asleep in a clearing, a purple cloak covering the sides of his body with a rune on his chest and a face shrouded in shadow.

Fen was lying on the ground in his room, he had watched Carnel go off to take back fort Brexit earlier that day. "I hope bro is alright." He said to himself. Suddenly, one of his retainers Rona walked into his room. "Lord Fen, our castle guards have discovered a young man lying in the small forest near the castle while patrolling. I wanted to ask if you wanted to go take a look. Shay is already waiting for us at the castle gate." She said. Fen got up and walked towards Rona. "Sure, I don't have anything else to do." He said before walking towards the gate with Rona following him.
Fen and his retainers arrived at the forest where two guards were waiting fro them. Fen told the guards to go back to patrolling and entered the forest. They found the man with a rune on his chest. "We should be careful lord Fen, we don't know who this is." said Shay as he grabbed onto the Waterwheel spear on his back. Fen casually walked next to the man and crouched down. "Hey, are you alright?" He asked. "Lord Fen!" Rona and shay shouted in unison with an annoyed expression.

What... what's happening? And why... why does my head hurt so much?
The man blinked, feeling extremely off. Then he saw the man crouched in front of him.
"I... don't know?" he replied. "Who... who are you? And where am I?"

Fen scratched his head after the man's answer to his question."I'm prince Fen of Centai, you are inside a forest that is right outside of our castle, our guards found you here when they were patrolling." Fen answered nonchalantly. "Now that I introduced myself, what's your name?" Fen asked.

"Prince Fen... of Centai?" The man confirmed with himself. "Prince implies royalty, right? And this is a forest outside the castle...?" He then heard Fen's question. "Oh, right. My name... My name is..."
Wait a minute... What is my name?!
Shard_____
"Shard... My name is Shard." the mage answered, sitting up.

Fen looked at Shard. "Shard huh. nice to meet you." He said. "How about you come into the castle, its going to be more comfortable than here." Fen offered. "Lord Fen, we don't know who this man is and you're inviting him into the castle?" Rona asked with a shocked expression. Fen turned back to look at Rona. "He doesn't seem agressive or anything." He said. Shay let go of his spear. "Yeah, if he was up to no good then he would have attacked lord Fen when he woke up." He said after crossing his arms. Rona sighed. "Alright then, but if he turns out to be a Denzian spy don't come crying to me." She said. Fen got up and turned towards the castle. "Great, now follow us Shard." He said.

"Denzian spy...? What's that?" Shard asked. "I'm sorry, I just... can't remember anything. My name's all. Maybe it has something to do with this... weird... chest rune... HOW DID THAT GET THERE?!"

Fen turned around to look at Shard. "Oh yeah that thing, it was there when we found you." He said. "Let's head to the castle first then talk, its going to be more comfortable than sitting in the dirt." He said.

"Um... alright." Shard agreed, following the group.
When they entered the castle, Shard instantly got looks from many of the aristocrats within the castle. "What are they looking for?" he asked.

Fen walked with his retainers in front of Shard. "Don't worry, the rich folks here are always a bit cautious." He said jokingly before his smiley face turned into a more serious expression. "A war has just broken loose out of nowhere recently, you can image how the people would feel about unknown faces right now." He explained.

Fen looked towards the direction Shard was looking at. "Oh that's the king, in other words, my dad." He explained. "Hey pops." Fen said while waving towards him. After walking for a bit more, they reached the lounge area. Fen sat down on one of the couches. "Alright now we can talk more comfortably." He said.

"Alright. What should we talk about?" Shard asked curiously. "My past? Because if you're asking about that, I'm afraid you're out of luck - I don't remember anything about it."

Fen thought about what Shard just said. "Well, I was going to ask where you came from since you seemed to have just popped out of nowhere but I guess you don't remember that either." He said before thinking. "Let's start with what you do remember." Fen proposed.

"My name and the language is really the two major things..." Shard replied. "I don't know where I got this cloak, or this weird rune... The first thing I remember is your face when I was lying down, and that was only fifteen or so minutes ago."

Few listened to Shard. “Huh, you really are a mysteries aren’t you.” He said. Fen’s ear then twitched as him, Rona and Shay quickly turned around as an arrow barely missed Fen’s head. “Assassins! Get down lord Fen!” Rona shouted as she grabbed her bow and Shay grabbed his spear.

Shard ran over to Fen, thinking quick and raising a table up to block the arrows. "An assassin? Is someone attacking you here in your own castle?!" Shard exclaimed, shocked. "We've got to stop them!"

A little further away from Fen and Shard. An outlaw hid in the shadows with a female thief. "Darn I missed, I didn't expect this to be an easy mission but its still going to end he same." He said with a smirk. "I'm not sure about this job, I mean assassinating a prince?" The thief sadi hesitantly. "Shut it Shawn, we're getting paid good money for this and that's what counts. Now rally the troops." He said. Shawn gave a uncertain nod and went to gather the rest of the assassins who then filled the room.

Shard looked around as assassins flooded the chamber. One of them locked the heavy doors to the outside. "Dangit, we're trapped in here! We're going to have to fight them off, but how...?" Shard asked. He put one of his hands inside his cloak, and his eyes widened. He then took out a Fire tome. "What's this?"

Fen looked at what Shard picked out of his cloak. "That's a magic tome used by mages." He explained. "Can you use magic?" He asked. The leaser of the assassin walked out of the shadows and armed his bow. "Prince Fen of Centai, prepare to die." He said.

“I don’t know…?” Shard replied. When the man stepped out with his bow, though, Shard’s eyes opened wide. The Mage ran in front of Fen, holding his hands out. “Get down!” As he did, the tome in his hand cracked out some small streams of fire magic.

The outlaw dodged the fire stream and looked at Shard. "A magic user?" He thought to himself. "Fen looked at Shard. "So you can use magic." He said before looking back towards his retainers. "Shay, Rona and Shard, let's show these assassins who they're dealing with." He said as he got ready to fight. "Alright!" Shay shouted. "Of course." Rona said.

Victory: Rout the enemy

“Um… alright!” Shard replied. “Magic like this means I can attack from a distance… I can make use of that!” Shard then ran just close enough to one of the assassins so that he would be just out of their range before sending a stream of fire at them. “Hey, this feels pretty natural! Like I’ve been doing this my whole life!”

Rona looked around the room. "Lord Fen, I believe there are 10 assassins in the room with us, 4 fighters, 2 mercenaries, 2 archers, a thief and that outlaw." She informed. Fen also looked around. "Doesn't seem like anything we can't handle." He said before noticing Shard hitting one of the fighters with his magic attack. "I'll finish that one off." Shay said as he ran in front of Shard to deal the finishing blow on the fighter. Fen and Rona moved forwards after Shay created an opening by finishing off the fighter.

Enemy Turn
The assassins all moved a slightly closer to Fen's group. Shawn was now in range of Fen's next movement.

Fen's turn
Fen noticed Shawn. "Hey Shard, do you think that girl is acting weird or something? She looks very hesitant." He asked.

Last edited:
"Really?" Shard wondered. He then walked over to the girl - not to attack her, no, but to talk with her. "Um, excuse me? Hello? I was wondering something. You don't really look like you're enthusiastic or willing to do this. Would you mind, y'know, not trying to kill us?"

Shawn was looking at her blade before Shard suddenly interrupted her train of thought with his question. "Oh uh, yeah I'm not." She responded. She then listened to Shard's second question. "I do not want to kill you guys but that man over there, Dan, he's the one calling the shots in our group." She said pointing towards the outlaw. "And if I don't follow order he's probably going to kick me out." She said. "I don't have anywhere else to go, this group is all I have." She said as she looked down.

"Well... I don't have anyone or anywhere I can say is mine, but Fen decided to take me in anyways. I'm sure he'd show you the same generosity!" Shard replied. "Just... don't kill us maybe?"

Shawn looked up. "Really? You would take me in?" She asked.
Fen then popped up behind Shard. "Of course, us here at Centai would never turn down someone in need." He said. "But first, we have to deal with the rest of your assassin friends." He added.
Shawn threw her sword in the air caught it as she turned around. "Alright, I'll help too as thanks for giving me a place to stay."

"Thanks!" Shard said with a smile. He couldn't do anything else for the time being, so he just stood around. "Wait, actually... Hey, Fen, have you noticed that we've been fighting better when we're beside another unit? Even teaming up and stuff like that?"