• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Final Results of the Pokecharms Day Haiku Contest

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
A couple of days later than planned, but with all of the latest news and site updates I figured it was appropriate. Regardless, the votes have been tallied, the winners decided, and prizes/extras prepared. The three top winners will be contacted via PM about their winnings - which, hopefully, all three of them can benefit from.

The full list of participants and their poems can be found in the comment jump. Some of the voting was pretty close, but luckily the top three winners came out cleanly. Determined by our various members who voted, here are our Haiku masters:

3rd Place - Silver Magpie
haikumagpiebronze.png

2nd Place - Shocari
haikushocarisilver.png

And our champ... 1st Place - Secad
haikusecadgold.png

There you have it. All of the participating poets showed lots of fun and creativity (as creative as you can get with a Haiku), but the lulz of Secad's won us over. My hat off to her and our other two winners.

A big thank you goes to LoN for making the winners' banners. Also, as a special treat and thank you to everyone who entered, Doggy Ears has custom made Pokecharms-styled Stationery for anyone interested to print out for personal usage (cheers, DE~!). It is available in two sizes due to varying resolutions: Large version and Smaller version.

And that about wraps everything up. Thanks again to everyone who participated and helped organize the contest, and here's to hoping next year's is even better =)

Last edited by a moderator:

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Note: If the authors on ANY of these are mislabelled, let me know as soon as possible so I can fix them up. Thanks~.

Entry No. 1 - Secad:

The female trainers
Why must they wear mini-skirts?
Quite impractical.

Entry No. 2 - Ozmer:

Wild Mew appears
Threw a pokeball but missed
Arrgh, almost had it!

Entry No. 3 - Shocari:
Darkrai

All will bow to me
In fear of my dark powers.
Enter the Dark Void.

Entry No. 4 - Dwayna:

Near, the wind whistles
I see the fire blazing
Here comes Charizard

Entry No. 5 - Silver Magpie:

Manectric's Power
Summoned Down from the Dark Skies
To Fall with the Rain

Entry No. 6 - Leader Mudkip:

Mudkip Water Gun
It is Super Effective
Mudkip won the fight

Entry No. 7 - Mystic Suicune:

Palkia rules space
Dialga wishes it did
It only knows time

Entry No. 8 - NOD-Arké9:

Heatran So Hot So
Magma Storm Burn Your Foes So
Flash Fire Scorching So

Entry No. 9 - Kai678:

Empoleon surf!
It is fun to ride on you
Are you a penguin?

Entry No. 10 - jertyuiop:

Come out, luncheon!
Eevee's dragon type -eon!
Looks like sandwich, yum!

Entry No. 11 - kristycocopop:

Oh Black Charizard,
Oh how rare a Pokemon,
From Orange to Black.

Entry No. 12 - ulises87g:
Look at Poliwhirl.
His Belly Swirls Round and Round.
Now You're Hypnotized.

Entry No. 13 - Rain:

Raichu grabbed the amp
Plugged in its purple guitar
Electrifying!

Entry No. 14 - Toru202:

A Blue Warrior,
Two cannons on his hard shell,
Blastoise is my choice.

Entry No. 15 - Rayn_Shyu:

Espeon, what joy
To know that I am loved by
A caring partner.

Last edited by a moderator:
:o

I had no idea my haiku was that good. I thank you all for voting for me.

*Lets out an uber-mega-awesome-annoying squeal of surprise and happiness*

*Faints*

I'm actually twitching right now and my heart is beating as the dopamine flows...XD

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
See, this is why I love you, Secad XD

And yep, you made a clean victory. Congrats ^^

I'll be PMing you soon about possible prizes, but in the meantime... You do have WiFi access, eh?

Secad, I didn't vote, but yours was the funniest out of all the entrants =D
(no really)

Congrats to all winners, and the amazing DE for the 'Charms Stationary.

I'm really flattered, Linkachu, Dragodden, Shado, and Ulises.

Oh, joy, I'm twitching again. Moar dopamine, adrenaline, etc., too. :p

*Note to self: Stop getting overly excited.

I do have WiFi. I cannot wait to discuss stuff with you!

Second Place, you say? Not bad. *pats Secad, Magpie, and himself on the back*

Also, I give a round of applause to everyone else that entered this contest. The good news is: You beat the people whose poems didn't make it. But, for those who didn't get their poem selected, at least you tried.

LoN, your banners never cease to amaze me. DE, that stationary is awesome as well.

Umm...what place did I get? Just a little curious. I know mine sucked, so I wasn't expecting top 3, but I hope I got top 10. Anyway, I'll try agian next year. Good luck to the rest of you who participate next year.

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
Congrats Secad! A well deserved win, methinks ^^

Well done to Shocari too *pats back* and everyone else who entered.

Awesome Banners LoN, and the stationery is to die for. I shall be printing some of that off shortly ^^

Awesome poetry everyone!

Edit: Pffff, I've just seen my new custom title XD

Grats to all the winners! Feel free to use those banners if you want, so if you want the code or can't get it then feel free to PM me.

Also, really good job on the stationary there DE. Excellent stuff :)

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Umm...what place did I get? Just a little curious. I know mine sucked, so I wasn't expecting top 3, but I hope I got top 10. Anyway, I'll try agian next year. Good luck to the rest of you who participate next year.

Actually, you tied for forth with about 3-4 other people (sorry I can't give you the exact numbers off the top of my head. I still have all of the votes pasted in a text document, just not my sheet that had them added together). So, don't bash yourself. Yours was very nice, and the ones who voted for it seemed to like it a lot :)

Dwayna DragonFire

2014 Little Cup Champion
Congratulations winners! I had a feeling that the first entry would be the winner. I actually voted for it myself. XD

Good work, Secad. Your amusing haiku really deserved to win. and as for the other two winners, your haikus were pretty good too. In fact, I applaud everyone for entering.

Well done Secad, The Humourous Haiku has hounoured us. (o.o Alliteration ahoy!) anyway, I still thought mine was decent...