• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open Fights for Fame

Warning: before you get too excited about joining please note that I plan this to be a pretty detailed RolePlay. Maybe like more than just a single paragraph. Actually a lot more than just a single paragraph. I'm hoping that posts will be that long (see example below) but I won't get mad if you have 3 paragraphs as long as they're detailed.

"And what exactly do you expect me to do about it?" The young female scowled at her Pokemon playfully. She dropped the look and then plastered a grin to her face. "Cosmo, I can't make this line move any faster, so just suck it up and be patient. It's your fault we're late anyways." The trainer teased, patting the Serperior on its head. The snakelike grass type let out an pleasant "Serrrr~" of satisfaction due to the fact that she knew she had won the 'argument'.

Bailey, a traveler from Unova at the age of 18, had been exploring the Kalos region and happened to stumble across this festival being held in Geosenge Town. The Kalos Region was very different than Bailey had expected it to be entirely honest. At first she had imagined it as a place with no greenery; the only sights being that of man made structures and towering skyscrapers. However, during the brief time she had already spent in this region, the young traveler had been amazed at the crystal waters of Shalour and the rainy forests of Lavarre. When Bailey arrived in Lumiose and instantly noticed the trends. Fashion seemed to be no joke in the Kalos region- unlike the Unova region where people don't mind what they wear in public as long as it's comfortable.

The Unova traveler was fairly concerned that she did not fit into the normal day-to-day life of a normal Kalos resident due to her limited options of clothing that she had brought with her. So, naturally, Bailey spent almost half her earnings on clothing. That was a decision she had learned to regret- not because she doesn't like the clothing options but the fact that she has to carry all these clothes with her. Luckily, Bailey had discovered the dressing rooms in the PokeCenters and was amazed at it's technology to store fashion items. Mostly she wears a plain set of jeans with some colored shirt and her travel bag, but for the special event of the festival she was dressed more nicely to fit in- or at least that's what she thought she was doing. Bailey sported a white dress with tiny little flowers imprinted on it and a navy blue jean jacket covered her arms. Her Carmel colored hair was tied neatly back into a simple braid that did a poor job of keeping loose ends out of her face. The trainer didn't usually travel in boots, but for this occasion she had on tall brown boots- which was fairly helpful due to the fact that it had saved her from a good amount of kicks from people passing by.

Bailey snapped out of her thoughts as an attendant at the sign ups for the tourtament called to her attention that it was her turn. "Please fill out this.... Sign that... Done! Thank you Miss, best of luck in your battles!" After a few nice nods and thanks, Bailey stepped out of the line and sighed with relief. "The first battles are single elimination. Cosmo, you better be ready because I'm counting on you." She sighed again and patted her Serperior on the head. "You're sooooo lucky that we made it. If we didn't it would have ruined the whole entire event, huh?" The trainer commented as her eyes scanned the busy town for a clear spot to wait for their battles. Cosmo wrapped a leafy vine around Bailey's wrist and started to slither off into the crowds. The traveler smiled and followed the Serperior to a tall tree that standing on the outskirts of the town. While it wasn't entirely seculded, Bailey appriciated the lack of people in that specific area. "Hey Cosmo, this is a nice spot thanks for- Cosmo?" Her voice had fallen on no one's ears but her own. "Ser! Perior, Ser!" Cosmo chirped happily from her perch on one of the branches. Her long, leafy tail was wound around the branch, with a Vine reaching down to pull Bailey up to join her.

"Uhh, no. Absolutely positively no! I'm in a dress honey." Bailey protested as she tried to remove the vine wrapped around her waist. Cosmo sent a questioning look as if she were saying 'Seriously? Do you think I care?'. With a swift motion, Cosmo lifted her trainer up into the tree with her, setting the young adult down next to the trunk. Bailey smiled down at the tiny view they had from their low perch, but then she remembered she was supposed to be mad at her snakelike grass Pokemon for this. She turned to Cosmo and put the best scowl she could muster on her face, but Bailey ended up laughing instead. "Oh Cosmo, I really need to teach you to respect your Trainer's wishes, but this attitude is growing on me."

Only after a few moments of listening to all the excitement and feeling the air burst with anticipation, Cosmo pointed her nose to a Cotton Candy stand. Bailey noticed the action and directed her gaze to the sweet smelling candy. "Oh, I see. So you want us to stuff ourselves with sweets, probably faint of sugar high, battle on an empty stomach, and loose the tourtament huh? I'm in." The trainer commented with a wide grin on her face. "Alright, you're far to big to wait in line at a stand like that, so stay here and I'll buy us both cotton candy." Bailey said as she glanced at Cosmo before the traveler jumped down from the branch and started to walk over to the stand. "Hey! If you aren't here when I come back, I'm going to eat your share!" The traveler called over her shoulder. After receiving the satisfaction of a horrified look on her Serperior's face, Bailey continued to the sweet stand. Bailey noticed a man and his Charmander debate over something and then she watched as the Charmander made its way over to the Cotton Candy stand. Part of her wished that Cosmo would be polite enough to interact with other people, but at the same time, Bailey really didn't want to end up with leaf flavored cotton candy.

The Ferrum Region. A place unknown to many, but one full of excitement and wonder. This wonderful Region has something every other one doesn't- Synergy. The magical energy that gives power to Pokemon under the command of a trainer through the use of a small device called the Battle AR. Single battles have been held all across the region and eventually teams of Six Pokemon were reduced to a single Pokemon to battle alongside. Then the Ferrum League was formed. It brought four trainer classes- each getting more difficult as aspiring battlers climbed the ladder. D-Rank, C-Rank, B-Rank, A-Rank and finally S-Rank. They all go by different names at times though, The Green League, the Blue League, the Red League, the Chroma League, and Iron league respectively. Those who are at the top of the ladder are considered celebrities and are practically worshiped by some. Many trainers try but fail to reach the number one spot, but how will you do? Will you settle down for a normal life after many attempts of victory, or will you persist beyond your failures and reach the top? But if you reach the top, will the responsibilities of protecting the region be too great? Especially now, when a mysterious force is preventing the use of Synergy?

Some players of this game might be going "ESPEON! MEWTWO IS A LEGENDARY AND YOU CANT USE HIM!". But I know that and said "mysterious force" is not Shadow Mewtwo nor any legendary. Calm down.

I've decided that we should be able to choose our own fighter and our supporters, regardless if they're actually in the game or not. So, no legendaries as fighters and no non-fully-evolved Pokemon. If you want to use a 2nd stage Pokemon and you have a good reason to just let me know. With supporters just tell me what two Pokemon you'll be using (I'll make a few presets just in case) and their ability.

Here's the Character form, I'll edit in my character as soon as I get the chance. (*cough or when I actually decide who to use cough*)

Name:
Appearance: (optional, as long as you put it in the RP)
Bio: (also optional, same as Appearance. As long as you somehow include it.)

Partner Pokemon Name:
Species:
Moves: (there can be more than four, just put your main ones)
Support Pokemon 1:
Support Pokemon 1 ability:
Support Pokemon 2:
Support Pokemon 2 ability:

Notice: Any Pokemon who would normally Mega Evolve when Synergy Burst is activated, will not Mega Evolve in this RP. Instead they will gain a power boost like Weavile, Pikachu, Suicune, ect do in the games. Thanks!

So feel free to fill out a form, I'll edit this with my character and preset supporters as soon as I get time.

Last edited:
Name: Sky Burnst
Appearance: Sky blue hair, Soft pink eyes, light skin, wears jeans, teal sweatshirt, and matching tennis shoes

Partner Pokemon: Burn
Species: Flareon
Moves: fire spin, tackle, sand attack, and quick attack
Support Pokemon: Riolu
Ability: ?

Ok! Thank you so much for your intrest! I was pretty sure that nobody was into it. Since it'll be us, I can make the thread and then leave it as Ask To Join so we can start it.

Name: Brian Colifre
Appearance: Like my profile picture, minus the cape and the crown**

Partner Pokemon Name: Sombre
Species: Houndoom
Moves: Flare Blitz, Dark Pulse, Fire Spin, Will 'o Wisp
Supports: Magmortar (Makes a shield of fire that hurts on contact) Steelix (Temporarily disorientates the opponent with a sandstorm.)

By the way, 'Sombre' is French for 'dark'
** My first profile picture

Last edited:
Well, I'm fairly familiar with French, but thank you for the clarification! XD I'm just kidding. I'm absolutely thrilled that you're interested! If you could, it would be great if you court reign in a few extra people. I personally don't advertise my own RPs just so I don't look needy- but I am. ;_;

Thanks for your interest! :)

You're welcome,
Well, I'm fairly familiar with French, but thank you for the clarification! XD I'm just kidding. I'm absolutely thrilled that you're interested! If you could, it would be great if you court reign in a few extra people. I personally don't advertise my own RPs just so I don't look needy- but I am. ;_;

Thanks for your interest! :)
I loved Pokken Tournament, so I supppsed I would do this! About RP-Advertisement, what I think you should do is, put a artwork of the three of our OCs together with our partners and write the title of the RP and discussion link so it doesn't look like your needy, but you just want lots of people in the RP so that it's as much fun as possible for everyone! I would do this myself but A) I'm a horrible artist and B) I'm on a Kindle and haven't had my laptop come from Amazon yet so I can't even have my friend who's really good at drawing anime style do it for me. Also, thanks for letting me join!

Oh! Now that's an idea. I can draw ok- so I guess that's a good idea. Thanks! ^^ I love Pokken as well. Just out of curiosity, who do you main in the game?

Yay!^^ that's so funny because I stick to those two as well! Mainly Weavile, but I've also been trying out Chandelure.

Anyways, thanks for actually answering, and I said I'd start the thread in a previous post, but I never got around to it. Say we get... Oh one more person and I'll prioritize making the thread. :)

So.... say some person wants to help out and join and, oh, I don't know, say that that person has a character idea that they haven't gotten around to using and need to practice anyways, but.... let's just say that this person has never actually played Pokken tournament and knows the bare minimum about it through YouTube and friends.

... could I still join? XD I've been eyeing this roleplay, but I figure you wouldn't want someone who hasn't been lucky enough to ever pick up the game :p

So.... say some person wants to help out and join and, oh, I don't know, say that that person has a character idea that they haven't gotten around to using and need to practice anyways, but.... let's just say that this person has never actually played Pokken tournament and knows the bare minimum about it through YouTube and friends.

... could I still join? XD I've been eyeing this roleplay, but I figure you wouldn't want someone who hasn't been lucky enough to ever pick up the game :p

I would normally say yes, but I don't believe I have the autority to, so I would PM Espeon to see what she thinks, m'kay? (Also, just watch MunchingOrange's playthrough of PT it'll give you all the info you need)

Of course you could join! XD I'm surprised that I'm yet to get a character made and now I'm obligated to prioritize the thread! XD oh I love this site. You don't need much experience on the game, I'm just going to ask that you know what a Support Pokemon does, what Synergy burst does, and how the tournaments work and ranking systems. That's all! :)

Alright! Can do :D I think I understand most, if not all, of the concepts you proposed, but I'm going to go ahead and berate my friend at school today anyways, just to make sure I'm getting this right XD

I'll have a bio up in a bit- I've been playing with certain types of characters in my head as of late and, as such, I have a kind of but not quite enough developed idea, so I'll need to think about it a bit more :p

Sure! If you can handle two characters, go for it. The Max is three; as more than that would make for extremely long posts, and way to many characters. XD But two? Be my guest.

Name: Diamond Diaz
Appearance: Cyan Eyes, Blue Jacket, Glasses.

Partner Pokemon: Midnight
Species: Shiny Umbreon
Ability: Syncronize
Support Pokemon: Shade
Species: Zorua
Ability: ???

The sheet is here:
Yui (Yoo-EE) Arimasu (Are-EE-mah-soo)
Class: A-Rank Looks are Below (Don't own this pic)
th

Partner Pokémon Name: Harbinger
Species: Absol
Moves: Psycho Cut, Night Slash, Dark Pulse, Quick Attack
Supports: Reuniclus (Temporary immunity), Gothitelle (Temporary power boost)
BTW: ''Yui'' is anglicized Hawaiian for ''Beautiful'', and the shirt changes to a turtleneck, just to make this more appropriate for our younger RPers, if any.

So, I'm supposed to be working on a project but am thinking about this in the lulls as our group goes quiet XD So... I think I'm good with the character, but I'm a little confused about what the Pokemon needs to be. I know that there is the one fighter Pokemon who is the main fighter, and, from things I have seen, there are ranged attacks, melee attacks, and shielding (gah, I'm bad at fighting games, so I'm not quite sure if this is right XD). So then what am I looking at when choosing moves, and what Pokemon work?

(I'm so sorry that I know very little about this...)

What I do is I think of a real-time Pokémon battle and think what would give the pokemon the best coverage. Take Yui's absol, with psycho cut and night slash it can attack close up and with dark pulse it can attack ranged. It has Quick attack, not to attack per say, but to get in and away quickly so as to deal damage without repurcussion. It can also use dark pulse and surround itself with a barrier of dark pulse, if your confused about supports, they have an effect that you can activate at certain times to aid your pokemon. I hope that this helped storybook, because now my hands hurt.... Also good Pokémon are like Vanniluxe, and Porygon-Z, and Zoroark, and Ninetales.

Last edited:
Name: Kasai

Appearance:
img-thing

Bio: Kasai is always the hot-headed idiot and she is to confident.Kasai has been training for a VERY long time and is a fire type and dragon type trainer
Partner Pokemon Name: Ninetales
Species: Fox Pokemon (fire type)
Moves: Flamethrower,Will-o-wisp,Steel tail,Fire blast
Support Pokemon 1: Flareon
Support Pokemon 1 ability: Flamethrower
Support Pokemon 2: Charizard
Support Pokemon 2 ability:Flamethrower

Last edited:
Appearance:
img-thing

Bio: Kasai is always the hot-headed idiot and she is to confident.Kasai has been training for a VERY long time and is a fire type and dragon type trainer
Um, I'm not entirely sure you understand that this RP is based off of Pokken Tournament, which has comepletely different mechanics and no gym leaders. Ithink you should entirely redo this. By the way, "Name" means the Pokémon's nickname, and "Species" means what Pokémon it is.

Um, I'm not entirely sure you understand that this RP is based off of Pokken Tournament, which has comepletely different mechanics and no gym leaders. Ithink you should entirely redo this. By the way, "Name" means the Pokémon's nickname, and "Species" means what Pokémon it is.
Thanks for helping, but I'll go ahead and tell her what to fix, ok? I appriciate your help and your dedication.

Appearance:
img-thing

I'm sorry, but there are no gym leaders. Each person is a equal challenger.

No need to redo! Just edit into your post which rank, E,D,C,B,A, or S into your character bio. Please keep in mind that your character must be very talented the higher the rank.

Name: Paul H. H.
Appearance: Small, Scrawny. Brown hair, Brown eyes. He wears either a blue or a green conductors' cap, a brown suitcoat, and likes to have bow-ties on too. He has a pocketwatch that looks old and worthless, but is actually super high-tec and has a whole bunch of gadgets in it.
Bio: This young lad grew up in Anville town, Unova. His father worked in the battle subway, so he has quite a bit of battle experience, seeing other people on the battle subway. A very sarcastic boy, and extremely smart. He has an unusual obsession with trains.

Partner Pokemon Name : Serperior
Species: Serperior
Moves: Frenzy plant, Coil, Giga Drain, Vine Sword.
Support Pokemon 1: Unfezant
Support Pokemon 1 ability: Super Luck
Support Pokemon 2: Golduck
Support Pokemon 2 ability: Cloud Nine

Last edited:
Name: Paul H. H.
Appearance: Small, Scrawny. He wears either a blue or a green conductors' cap, a brown suitcoat, and likes to have bow-ties on too. He has a pocketwatch that looks old and worthless, but is actually super high-tec and has a whole bunch of gadgets in it.
Bio: This young lad grew up in Anville town, Unova. His father worked in the battle subway, so he has quite a bit of battle experience, seeing other people on the battle subway. A very sarcastic boy, and extremely smart. He has an unusual obsession with trains.

Partner Pokemon Name : Serperior
Species: Serperior
Moves: Frenzy plant, Coil, Giga Drain, Vine Sword.
Support Pokemon 1: Unfezant
Support Pokemon 1 ability: Super Luck
Support Pokemon 2: Golduck
Support Pokemon 2 ability: Cloud Nine
Love it! Looks great. Thanks for your intrest!

oh ok, sorry for the trouble :'|

No worries! Looks great.

Thanks! I'm excited to do this RP! When does it start?
Umm... Whenever I find the time to polish up the thread? I'm really sorry guys- I promise to get it up by Saturday- I'm sorry! We're on vacation- and I have been for a while, so it's getting really stressful being with my family 24/7. So, by Saturday. I think I'll have about six hours in the car tomorrow, so maybe tomorrow.

Very excited :D I'm just about done with the bio and was able to read about half your post, but it seems that I need to run now. Soo many things to write :D I can't wait until tomorrow- I've got the whole day open.

Very excited :D I'm just about done with the bio and was able to read about half your post, but it seems that I need to run now. Soo many things to write :D I can't wait until tomorrow- I've got the whole day open.
No rush Story! You can post without a bio if you'd like, I've kinda given up on checking those things. XD Considering that I, the creator of try thread, don't actually have a bio at the moment, I wouldn't worry too much about it. :D

I'm exited as well!
I'm so happy that you're excited! I love seeing my works make people happy and enthusiastic! :)

Alright XD Although, I would like to check what I have since I'm a little unsure as to what will work, so I'm going to run a bit of the bio past you. If you want the rest later, I will be happy to make it acceptable to read XD

Name: At this point in time, I haven't decided. Wonderful, I know.
Appearance: ~this section of the bio will currently burn your eyes. If you want to see it, I'll work on it.~
Bio: Same as above, although there is one thing I want to run past you which I am very unsure of whether it will be okay... is it possible for her to be physically impaired? I've been playing with a character who is wheel chair bound and thought it might work well, or even just with a bad limp, but I'm not sure if that will work or not in this setting. I do, however, have a way to get her around on all terrains, if needed.

Partner Pokemon Name: Lotus
Species: Liepard
Moves: Aerial Ace, Night Slash, Shadow Ball, Snarl (Pursuit wants to sneak in too)
Support Pokemon 1: Natu
Support Pokemon 1 ability: This is what the support pokemon do, correct? So I was thinking Psychic that slows the opponent down and has a chance to make their hits miss.
... I have no clue whether that works or not XD
Support Pokemon 2: Honchkrow er... Honchcrow? No clue how that is spelled
Support Pokemon 2 ability: Haze- creates a barrier of darkness around Lotus that shields and disguises her.

So... how much of that did I do wrong? XD

Okay, okay, oone last question. Actually, two. So I've been watching a lot of gameplay after reading your post (I definitely didn't feel ready to respond) and feel rather confident but I would like to make sure that my understanding of how the burst meter fills up is accurate. I was also wondering what I am supposed to do in the post- should I just introduce her, or should she be doing something actually important/noticeable/in some way or another interacting with the characters introduced?

Alright XD Although, I would like to check what I have since I'm a little unsure as to what will work, so I'm going to run a bit of the bio past you. If you want the rest later, I will be happy to make it acceptable to read XD

Name: At this point in time, I haven't decided. Wonderful, I know.
Appearance: ~this section of the bio will currently burn your eyes. If you want to see it, I'll work on it.~
Bio: Same as above, although there is one thing I want to run past you which I am very unsure of whether it will be okay... is it possible for her to be physically impaired? I've been playing with a character who is wheel chair bound and thought it might work well, or even just with a bad limp, but I'm not sure if that will work or not in this setting. I do, however, have a way to get her around on all terrains, if needed.

Partner Pokemon Name: Lotus
Species: Liepard
Moves: Aerial Ace, Night Slash, Shadow Ball, Snarl (Pursuit wants to sneak in too)
Support Pokemon 1: Natu
Support Pokemon 1 ability: This is what the support pokemon do, correct? So I was thinking Psychic that slows the opponent down and has a chance to make their hits miss.
... I have no clue whether that works or not XD
Support Pokemon 2: Honchkrow er... Honchcrow? No clue how that is spelled
Support Pokemon 2 ability: Haze- creates a barrier of darkness around Lotus that shields and disguises her.

So... how much of that did I do wrong? XD

Okay, okay, oone last question. Actually, two. So I've been watching a lot of gameplay after reading your post (I definitely didn't feel ready to respond) and feel rather confident but I would like to make sure that my understanding of how the burst meter fills up is accurate. I was also wondering what I am supposed to do in the post- should I just introduce her, or should she be doing something actually important/noticeable/in some way or another interacting with the characters introduced?
Ok! Sounds good.

The meter fills up with the amount of hits you land on your opponent, the harder the hits, the more it fills up. Lithe, more agile Pokemon's bars overall seem to fill up faster, but their Synergy Burst depletes much faster. On the other hand, bulky and more powerful Pokemon fill up their bar slower, but their burst lasts longer. Also, if your opponent lands hits on you, the gauge could deplete a little bit.

And feel free to introduce your character as you wish. You could start her in a battle, taking care of her Pokemon, or walking around in a shopping mall. It's all up to you, I just started Irene off in a battle to kind of show off how battling would work in this RP. :)