• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Do you like this idea?

• Yes

Votes: 26 59.1%
  • No

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • I dunno, maybe?

Votes: 17 38.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shen: King of Digimon

Previously Shen: King of the Mist
Alright, whoever has characters for the sequel, who are they? I'm taking Monika, MonI͖ͥ͛̀̓ͣͫ̄̕k̥̦̱͈̾͋ͤͧ̇̚a̧̮͌̂,̨̳̞̱͕̌͆ͯ́̑͒ ͎̤̪͚̥̺͔̽ͮ̅ͭ́͆ͯm̦͖͖̥ͥo̞̝̓̋̔̚͝n̻̜̗͊̃ͭ̈ͦ͒̔i͎̼ͬ̒͋ͮ̀̈́͟k͚̱̦͕͚͉̼͂ͪ̐͑̊ͫa͕̹̋͗,̥͓̣̦͐͑ ̗̹͎̗̒̔ͬͨ̎̀̃m̼̿̔̇ͦ͋̚͝o̺͓͍͍̟ͧ̍ͮ̀̈̿ ̻̯͍N͚̝͉̮̋͐ͩ͑ ̎̓i̝̞̟̮̯ͫ̿ͣ͡ ̼̜͙̞͖͕̌̄ͅḲ̣͝Ä̴̺̗͖̟̽̋͆,̢̟̈́̔ ̋̑M̺̞̻̮̪͍̲͐͛̎̃͗̚ ͌̓ͣ̏̔̀ ̯͈̦͍̎͋̋̀o͒̉͐̃ͥ̈́ ̩̪͉͈͔̤͐ͬ͆ͪ̽̎̐͞Ň͕̺͔̦̻͍ͤ̊̑̏̈̚ ̩̖̭̺ͧͬ̄̒̋ͧ͡i̧̲̬̣̓ͣ͗̆̏̌k̺͚̯͇̯ͭͣ ̡̤̳͖̫A̡̱͕̽̔ͤͯ,̠̼̖̞̑̎ͨ̈ ̘̳͉̟̠̰̏͛̍͝M̷̯͔͕̘ͬ̐̇̈ͅo̘̝͔͉̼̳̙Ṋ̸̝̪̊̓̏̆ͭ̾ ̝̟̝̠́I̝͚̬͈̳ͬ͊̅̔̐ ̮̙̀̄̾̔̚ͅḳ̙̾̓̅̾͞ ̜̜̦͉͉̽̐ͭ͆̾͋ͥa̘͈͈̱̮̱͢,̜̰̙͔̣ ̫̦͇̄̓̽̾̉J̡͎̈ͭ̎ͅu̲̥̮̇ͭͯ́̄ ͎̟̳̙̈S͖̣̰̹̄̉͂ͮͦ͐ͩt̖͇̳̰͗̎͡ ͤ҉M̭̰͔̰͇̎̉ͧ̅ͩͦo̗͟n̨̙̬̘̩͔̬̦͑̂̈̽ͥ̅͊ ̻ͨ̽͗I̪͕̟̐̎̂̓̓ ͓͑͂ͮK̮̣̍̽̊̃͆̏̾a͎̱̻͂͛ͩ͂ͅ

Bog...just focus on posting and then we’ll talk

so, i just started to realize just how difficult the flood are gonna be for our entire cast. firstly, we need to think of ways to prevent infection in characters who would (somehow, this is not likely) be immune to the flood infection, especially if characters enter a more flood-infested environment. if there's flood fog, then there's infection spores, which are airborne and slowly infect the host. Sgt. Johnson is immune to these due to Spartan-I augmentations, but he is not entirely immune to Infection Forms, as the one time one almost got him, it was too weak and old to affect him. the one that infected Private Jenkins was old and weak as well, so when Jenkins was infected, he could fight the infection form for control of his body.
anyway, the flood are seriously gonna be a force to be reckoned with. the entire force of the UNSC and the Covenant are under their control, along with the collected intelligence of both factions, while the gravemind has the memories of past graveminds, meaning he also has Forerunner intelligence.
alongside all this, by the time the Haloverse arc is in full effect, the Gravemind will have collected enough biomass to become a Keymind, which are nearly omnipotent, according to Halo lore.
Well, the bullshit science answer for this is that if you don't hail from the (or a) Haloverse, your actually missing one single genetic link that the Forerunners had that allowed them to be infected by the flood, and all life in the galaxy to be infected. So we can actually stand a chance.

Also Fenrir has "cure all" vaccines that would be useful.
Remember that these aren’t all his powers. He used his original power to steal them from other people.
I'm super confused on how this makes any sense. Does Heroes explain why Sylar can study brains and be like 'lol this is mine now'? Because he'd probably be missing several key components that others have that he does not. also he doesn't seem very interesting and we've seen what all powerful not very interesting characters are like to interact with
Alright, whoever has characters for the sequel, who are they? I'm taking Monika, MonI͖ͥ͛̀̓ͣͫ̄̕k̥̦̱͈̾͋ͤͧ̇̚a̧̮͌̂,̨̳̞̱͕̌͆ͯ́̑͒ ͎̤̪͚̥̺͔̽ͮ̅ͭ́͆ͯm̦͖͖̥ͥo̞̝̓̋̔̚͝n̻̜̗͊̃ͭ̈ͦ͒̔i͎̼ͬ̒͋ͮ̀̈́͟k͚̱̦͕͚͉̼͂ͪ̐͑̊ͫa͕̹̋͗,̥͓̣̦͐͑ ̗̹͎̗̒̔ͬͨ̎̀̃m̼̿̔̇ͦ͋̚͝o̺͓͍͍̟ͧ̍ͮ̀̈̿ ̻̯͍N͚̝͉̮̋͐ͩ͑ ̎̓i̝̞̟̮̯ͫ̿ͣ͡ ̼̜͙̞͖͕̌̄ͅḲ̣͝Ä̴̺̗͖̟̽̋͆,̢̟̈́̔ ̋̑M̺̞̻̮̪͍̲͐͛̎̃͗̚ ͌̓ͣ̏̔̀ ̯͈̦͍̎͋̋̀o͒̉͐̃ͥ̈́ ̩̪͉͈͔̤͐ͬ͆ͪ̽̎̐͞Ň͕̺͔̦̻͍ͤ̊̑̏̈̚ ̩̖̭̺ͧͬ̄̒̋ͧ͡i̧̲̬̣̓ͣ͗̆̏̌k̺͚̯͇̯ͭͣ ̡̤̳͖̫A̡̱͕̽̔ͤͯ,̠̼̖̞̑̎ͨ̈ ̘̳͉̟̠̰̏͛̍͝M̷̯͔͕̘ͬ̐̇̈ͅo̘̝͔͉̼̳̙Ṋ̸̝̪̊̓̏̆ͭ̾ ̝̟̝̠́I̝͚̬͈̳ͬ͊̅̔̐ ̮̙̀̄̾̔̚ͅḳ̙̾̓̅̾͞ ̜̜̦͉͉̽̐ͭ͆̾͋ͥa̘͈͈̱̮̱͢,̜̰̙͔̣ ̫̦͇̄̓̽̾̉J̡͎̈ͭ̎ͅu̲̥̮̇ͭͯ́̄ ͎̟̳̙̈S͖̣̰̹̄̉͂ͮͦ͐ͩt̖͇̳̰͗̎͡ ͤ҉M̭̰͔̰͇̎̉ͧ̅ͩͦo̗͟n̨̙̬̘̩͔̬̦͑̂̈̽ͥ̅͊ ̻ͨ̽͗I̪͕̟̐̎̂̓̓ ͓͑͂ͮK̮̣̍̽̊̃͆̏̾a͎̱̻͂͛ͩ͂ͅ

I got Lucas from Mother 3!
Who's probably gonna be even more scarred by the end of the RP tbh, being Lucas suuuuucks.

and in Gaster’s simulation, a single blaster nearly melted off Z's armor.
Yeah the only reason I even remotely let that pass was due to the fact it was a simulation. The actual Z would lose, like, twenty millimeters off his armor at most.
Also Fenrir has "cure all" vaccines that would be useful.
Just biological infections, but yeah that could be useful.
I got Lucas from Mother 3!
Who's probably gonna be even more scarred by the end of the RP tbh, being Lucas suuuuucks.
I will rewatch the entirety of Chuggaaconroy’s Mother 3 LP exclusively so I am capable of playing Duster.

Funny Sans Rat

Previously The Bog Hog
Mother 3? More like Lucas is gonna be missing his mother 3! I don't know if it's Lucas's mom that dies, I just know somebody dies.

@BurbleBurble his original power is called intuitive aptitude, or the ability to understand how things work. He studies their brains, finds the correct nerve, and learns how to use their powers.

And, if you watched the show, you would probably find him very interesting. He’s actually a very good villain, one of the nastiest of all time according to many people. That’s one reason why I chose him. Other than the fact that he is the only character of the whole show with a name that we don’t already have in this RP.

@BurbleBurble his original power is called intuitive aptitude, or the ability to understand how things work. He studies their brains, finds the correct nerve, and learns how to use their powers.

And, if you watched the show, you would probably find him very interesting. He’s actually a very good villain, one of the nastiest of all time according to many people. That’s one reason why I chose him. Other than the fact that he is the only character of the whole show with a name that we don’t already have in this RP.
That...still doesn't make much sense. Yeah, he could understand how it works. That much makes sense. But if he can simply look at nerves to see how powers work and copy them...why hadn't science caught on to that and mass-produced nerve-stimulants that could make anyone a powered? It implies that every human has the capabilities in them but aren't lucky enough to tap into them. That's a pretty big plot hole. So unless Sylar's abilities also involve being able to swap his genes around, it doesn't make sense. At least in the context that powers are linked to genes.

Of course, Bloodborne's mind plague also makes no sense, so perhaps I should stop poking holes in things...

I will admit, I haven't watched the show nor do I have plans to...Mostly because Reddit keeps saying "Season 1 good, everything else....bad."
Yeah, I know ri- wait what?
And it doesn't really get better from there.
I will rewatch the entirety of Chuggaaconroy’s Mother 3 LP exclusively so I am capable of playing Duster.
Honestly if it weren't for Vinesauce playing through Mother 3 right now I wouldn't have been inspired to plop him down there. So if your looking for someone else...yeah I'm just shilling him at this point :p

In Season 3, they did actually make a formula that can give powers, but the protagonists destroyed it because it would cause destruction in the world in everyone had their own powers.

Eh I'll stick with old faithful.
Unless the quality is too bad for me now.
In which case I might go to Vinesauce.
Or emulate it myself, I dunno.
But I might take Kumatora as well as Duster.
And maybe Flint.
I like Flint.

comic

Previously turnt3chGodh34d
As far as we know, this is the highest form of Flood intelligence. Keyminds are massive beings, usually the size of moons, and have unmatched intelligence. It is unclear, but the Forerunner theorized that Keyminds could affect time and space itself, making them far more formidable, though this was never proven true. Keyminds can easily warp the mind of any artificial intelligence with the Logic Plague, no matter what. Any AI is susceptible to this, making the Keymind even more deadly. They also have extremely powerful psychic abilities, and can communicate with Flood across the entire galaxy. A Keymind is able to utilize old Precursor tech, like the Star Roads, but due to the incredible lethality of Star Roads, we will refrain from using them in the RP. Not much is truly known about Keyminds, however.
Graveminds are considered to be hyper intelligent beings, and have the memories of other Graveminds, as well as past Graveminds, meaning a Gravemind is completely aware of their entire history, and the history of the entire Haloverse, while also being knowledgeable enough to know how to stop a Halo array from firing. Once a Proto-Gravemind reaches this form, the Gravemind can develop a personality of its own. They control local Combat Forms, and can even speak through them telepathically. A Gravemind can also tap into advanced software in another way to communicate telepathically, similar to what Gravemind did in Halo 3 with Master Chief, while also projecting short hallucinations of Cortana being tortured to the Chief. Being as intelligent as they are, Graveminds are very cunning, and actually quite sophisticated, in a manner of speaking.They can also control and manipulate corpses in order to communicate with their foes and try to trick them. A Gravemind can induce the Logic Plague, but not as successfully as a Keymind. Once enough biomass is gathered, a Gravemind will eventually evolve into a Keymind.
The first stage of Flood intelligence. These beings are very intelligent, and can coordinate the Flood. The collected biomass of individuals collected into them is what provides the intelligence to the Proto-Gravemind. They also have the ability to jam radio signals if they become large enough. They're not all too powerful themselves yet, but as the Flood gather more biomass, the Proto-Gravemind will eventually evolve into a Gravemind.
Our cast will encounter various Graveminds and Proto-Graveminds before we eventually encounter the Keymind running the show. this is beginning to seem less and less winnable for our cast, so I'm going to limit the Keyminds involvement.
A human converted into Flood biomass. Their bodies twisted and manipulated into a grotesque imitation of their former self, now becoming a basic grunt for the Flood onslaught. The Infection Form that infected the human is able to look into the mind of the host, and learn all of their memories. The human forms are lighter and more agile, able to make quick precise melee attacks.
A Sangheili Elite converted into Flood biomass. Their bodies twisted and manipulated into a grotesque imitation of their former self, now becoming a basic grunt for the Flood onslaught. Elite Flood are able to still access the Covenant cloaking technology, making them appear invisible to the naked eye, while also keeping the Covenant full-body shielding, making Elite forms one of the most deadly Combat Form.
Taking on the qualities of its host, Brute Forms are quick to attack, and constantly aggressive, and tend to charge their enemies head-first. Due to a Brute being so large and powerful, this is still terrifying, as the Brute Forms are the muscle of the Flood Combat Forms.
Combat Forms retain the memories of their host, and can do anything their host could. They can operate machinery, use weapons, drive vehicles, input coordinations, if the host knows it, now the flood does as well. There are a massive amount of Combat Forms about, and for the most part, they're no easy task to deal with. If one manages to bite or break the skin of a possible victim, that victim will be infected by the Flood super-cells, and still become infected despite the lack of an Infection Form.
Flood spores hang in the air where there's Flood fog. They can enter the body easily and silently, and infection is random. They could either turn the host into a Combat Form within mere seconds, or several days, all depending on multiple variables. These are airborne, making them very dangerous, and can only be prevented through conventional uses of filtering systems and gas masks, unless the subject is immune to airborne infection.
Much more massive than the games would lead you to believe, Infection Forms stand around 3-4 feet tall, and are extremely frail. However, that doesn't make them any less deadly. They're fast, and their movement patterns are random, making them harder targets to hit. When they reach a host, they embed themselves somewhere in the host, and exert Flood biomass on the host, rearranging their organs, snapping their bones, and keeping the host alive for it all. Being infection by an infection form is the worst possible fate to have in the Haloverse.
This is what happens when so much time passes, and Combat Forms begin to grow Infection Forms inside of them, before becoming less combat-oriented, and more infection-oriented. A single Carrier form can carry a dozen Infection Forms inside, and they waddle towards their target when finding one. They're easy to kill, but if one gets close, they lunge at the victim while filling their body with gasses before they explode, launching Infection Forms everywhere. These explosions aren't as effective on Flood as one would think, but the explosions are powerful enough to complete deplete a Spartan's shields, allowing the Infection Forms to easily take over, rather than simply popping when coming into contact with the shield barrier.
There is also a rarer variant of the Carrier Form, where the Flood have utilized Covenant Jackal shields and put them on Carrier Forms, making them more deadly, as it'll be easier for them to get closer to their targets with a shield.
These Carriers burrow themselves underground and wait for enemy troops to near, before launching themselves up out of the ground, and expanding their mass with insane amounts of gasses, before exploding with tremendous force, enough to kill most anything within 20 feet of it. When it erupts, it releases dozens and dozens of fresh new Infection Forms on the battlefield. Burster Forms can also typically be referred to as 'Pimples'. Bursters can only exist in Flood-infested environments, however, so you luckily won't encounter one in fresh territory.
Blister Forms are completely dormant, and egg-like, reminiscent of the facehugger eggs from the Alien franchise. When an enemy nears a blister form, it will either erupt into a dozen or so Infection Forms, or release one to three Stalker forms. Normally, this would be considered a pure form, but due to it solely being used for Infection, it was better to be labelled as an Infector.
These are floating infection forms with long tentacles behind them. They attack aircraft, and can infect the pilots and produce biomass to make the vehicle Flood-based. They're very weak, and can be killed easily, but they're insanely fast and have an unknown means to fly. They can also fire bone-like spikes from their mouths, similar to a Ranged Form.
Resisting infection is an extremely rare task that usually never works, as VERY few characters in the Haloverse can resist this.
Stalker's are low to the ground, quadrupedal, and extremely agile. They prefer melee attacks, and can tear apart their victim when allowed to get close enough with their bladed front limbs that resemble claws. Stalkers can leap massive distances with their powerful legs, and crawl on virtually any surface as well. They can change their form at will, converting their bodies, into either a Ranged Form or a Tank Form. They mostly stay out of combat so as to strategically place themselves on the battlefield and morph into one of the other pure forms.
Ranged forms have amazing accuracy, but are unable to move their bodies other than turning around in this form, and must remain stationary until either being killed or mutating into either a Stalker Form or a Tank Form. Ranged Forms fire spikes from their bodies with deadly accuracy that are comprised of sharpened bones and bio-matter, and are powerful enough to pierce traditional armor. The spikes can infinitely regenerate, as pure forms can produce their own biomass. When under fire, they can curl up and make themselves nearly 10x more durable, and when the opponent relents, they uncurl and continue firing.
Tank Forms are for close-quarters situations, as Stalkers and Ranged Forms can mutate into this when facing an enemy too close for comfort. The Tank Form is extremely lethal, with having bony armor, and a massive bladed arm that it can use to crush and mutilate their opponents. If the victim attempts to run, the Tank Form will either revert into another Pure Form, or take off at a deadly charge. Their other arm, which is smaller, but more heavily armored, can be raised to shield their face and cover their weak spots in order to continue fighting as long as they can. Tank forms are typically slow, but can use their massive arm to launch themselves when they charge, and are also capable of producing and spitting out Infection Forms in pairs.
Stealth Forms are the fastest moving flood form, and can cling to any surface. They're very reminiscent of the Stalkers, but are combat oriented, while Stalkers are strategy oriented. Stealth Forms can utilize any handheld weapon they come across, and have a set of deadly biomass whips that can be used to send opponents flying. They could swap between bipedal and quadrupedal movement. Stealth Forms stick to the shadows, and try to flank their enemies, and catch them by surprise. They aren't very durable, but their attack power is severe.
These are massive Flood Forms that try to stick to the edge of battle, scooping up and absorbing biomass. They could generate and produce Stalker Forms inside of them, before spewing them out. If an enemy would get too close, the Transport Form would use its front tentacles to attempt to grab the target, and absorb them into its biomass, and use their bodies to create more Stalkers.
A variant of the Transport form, the Infestor if very similar in design, but much better for anti-vehicle tactics, and also has a large sac beneath it that erupts with infection Forms when it chooses to use it, or it dies. When burst, the Infestor can gather biomass to regrow the sac, and incubate more Infection Forms. Their tentacles can be used much like the Transport Form, but they mostly use this to flip vehicles they manage to get close to.
The Flood Spawner are massive, slow creatures with amazing durability. They can generate biomass, and produce massive waves of Infection Forms, and lesser Pure Forms out of them. With their mass of tentacles, they can ensnare and consume any foe who dares get too close to it. A group of Spawners is a nightmare to go up against, as they can spawn thousands of Infection Forms to swarm your position and overwhelm you. They usually keep to the back-end of a battle, producing Infection Forms and Pure Forms, while themselves staying out of harms way, and can act themselves alone as a sort of pre-psuedo boss battle.
These beasts are 17 feet of pure Flood. They have two massive tentacle arms that can deal some crushing blows. These arms are extremely tough, so the Juggernaut can use them to shield their already extremely durable bodies. Despite their bulky size and appearance, they're incredibly fast, and can jump great distances. Juggernauts act as commanders on the battlefield, and can lead legions of Flood into battle. When a Juggernaut is killed, the control of their legion either goes to a nearby Juggernaut, or to a Gravemind. Also, when killed, their body erupts like a Carrier Form, and dozens of Infection Forms are released. Juggernauts are a sort of pre-boss battle.
There are two Abomination variations. The Small Abominations, and the Big Abominations. The smaller ones act very much like Stealth Forms, and can use their whip-like appendages to ensnare and wrap up their opponent, and if the opponent is weak enough, they use these tentacles to tear them apart. Otherwise, the Small Abominations try to hold their targets in place so they can be swarmed by Infection Forms. Big Abominations, however, are like a boss battle within themselves. Each one is impossibly durable, being able to take massive amounts of damage without budging, and they can use their massive tentacles to crush vehicles and whack aircraft out of the sky. They're incredibly slow however, so they typically need lesser reinforcements to back them up in order to ensure victory. Much like a Juggernaut, they act as commanders, but Big Abominations have just as much jurisdiction as a Proto-Gravemind would, whereas a Juggernaut would not. Any Flood forms within a certain proximity of the Abomination somehow become faster and stronger, but lose this when the Abomination is killed.
Pure forms are 100% Flood Biomass, and are the most deadly forms, as they are more specialized in neutralizing targets and allowing more productive infection. Do not underestimate the Flood and their domination of all life.
This is all of the Flood forms that will be appearing in the rp. Alongside this, the Flood have the entire Covenant naval fleet, the entire UNSC Navy, and even a few incredibly powerful Forerunner Dreadnoughts. In these fleets are all of these flood forms, as well as plenty of vehicles of every kind, all to be controlled by the flood, and every weapon the Covenant and the UNSC used is now utilized by the Flood.
Alongside this, the Monitor of Installation 07 is one of the remaining fragments of the ancient Forerunner AI Mendicant Bias, who is already infected with the Logic Plague, meaning any Flood on Installation 07 is free to roam, as well as all Forerunner defenses being on the side of the Flood, under the control of Mendicant Bias. So the Flood also have Sentinals and Enforcers to assist them when we get to Installation 07, alongside Cortana's attempts to stop the cast when it's revealed she's been infected with the Logic Plague.
I’m curious... @Comic what character are you awaiting a response from?
Elidocorc.

As far as we know, this is the highest form of Flood intelligence. Keyminds are massive beings, usually the size of moons, and have unmatched intelligence. It is unclear, but the Forerunner theorized that Keyminds could affect time and space itself, making them far more formidable, though this was never proven true. Keyminds can easily warp the mind of any artificial intelligence with the Logic Plague, no matter what. Any AI is susceptible to this, making the Keymind even more deadly. They also have extremely powerful psychic abilities, and can communicate with Flood across the entire galaxy. A Keymind is able to utilize old Precursor tech, like the Star Roads, but due to the incredible lethality of Star Roads, we will refrain from using them in the RP. Not much is truly known about Keyminds, however.
Graveminds are considered to be hyper intelligent beings, and have the memories of other Graveminds, as well as past Graveminds, meaning a Gravemind is completely aware of their entire history, and the history of the entire Haloverse, while also being knowledgeable enough to know how to stop a Halo array from firing. Once a Proto-Gravemind reaches this form, the Gravemind can develop a personality of its own. They control local Combat Forms, and can even speak through them telepathically. A Gravemind can also tap into advanced software in another way to communicate telepathically, similar to what Gravemind did in Halo 3 with Master Chief, while also projecting short hallucinations of Cortana being tortured to the Chief. Being as intelligent as they are, Graveminds are very cunning, and actually quite sophisticated, in a manner of speaking.They can also control and manipulate corpses in order to communicate with their foes and try to trick them. A Gravemind can induce the Logic Plague, but not as successfully as a Keymind. Once enough biomass is gathered, a Gravemind will eventually evolve into a Keymind.
The first stage of Flood intelligence. These beings are very intelligent, and can coordinate the Flood. The collected biomass of individuals collected into them is what provides the intelligence to the Proto-Gravemind. They also have the ability to jam radio signals if they become large enough. They're not all too powerful themselves yet, but as the Flood gather more biomass, the Proto-Gravemind will eventually evolve into a Gravemind.
Our cast will encounter various Graveminds and Proto-Graveminds before we eventually encounter the Keymind running the show. this is beginning to seem less and less winnable for our cast, so I'm going to limit the Keyminds involvement.
A human converted into Flood biomass. Their bodies twisted and manipulated into a grotesque imitation of their former self, now becoming a basic grunt for the Flood onslaught. The Infection Form that infected the human is able to look into the mind of the host, and learn all of their memories. The human forms are lighter and more agile, able to make quick precise melee attacks.
A Sangheili Elite converted into Flood biomass. Their bodies twisted and manipulated into a grotesque imitation of their former self, now becoming a basic grunt for the Flood onslaught. Elite Flood are able to still access the Covenant cloaking technology, making them appear invisible to the naked eye, while also keeping the Covenant full-body shielding, making Elite forms one of the most deadly Combat Form.
Taking on the qualities of its host, Brute Forms are quick to attack, and constantly aggressive, and tend to charge their enemies head-first. Due to a Brute being so large and powerful, this is still terrifying, as the Brute Forms are the muscle of the Flood Combat Forms.
Combat Forms retain the memories of their host, and can do anything their host could. They can operate machinery, use weapons, drive vehicles, input coordinations, if the host knows it, now the flood does as well. There are a massive amount of Combat Forms about, and for the most part, they're no easy task to deal with. If one manages to bite or break the skin of a possible victim, that victim will be infected by the Flood super-cells, and still become infected despite the lack of an Infection Form.
Flood spores hang in the air where there's Flood fog. They can enter the body easily and silently, and infection is random. They could either turn the host into a Combat Form within mere seconds, or several days, all depending on multiple variables. These are airborne, making them very dangerous, and can only be prevented through conventional uses of filtering systems and gas masks, unless the subject is immune to airborne infection.
Much more massive than the games would lead you to believe, Infection Forms stand around 3-4 feet tall, and are extremely frail. However, that doesn't make them any less deadly. They're fast, and their movement patterns are random, making them harder targets to hit. When they reach a host, they embed themselves somewhere in the host, and exert Flood biomass on the host, rearranging their organs, snapping their bones, and keeping the host alive for it all. Being infection by an infection form is the worst possible fate to have in the Haloverse.
This is what happens when so much time passes, and Combat Forms begin to grow Infection Forms inside of them, before becoming less combat-oriented, and more infection-oriented. A single Carrier form can carry a dozen Infection Forms inside, and they waddle towards their target when finding one. They're easy to kill, but if one gets close, they lunge at the victim while filling their body with gasses before they explode, launching Infection Forms everywhere. These explosions aren't as effective on Flood as one would think, but the explosions are powerful enough to complete deplete a Spartan's shields, allowing the Infection Forms to easily take over, rather than simply popping when coming into contact with the shield barrier.
There is also a rarer variant of the Carrier Form, where the Flood have utilized Covenant Jackal shields and put them on Carrier Forms, making them more deadly, as it'll be easier for them to get closer to their targets with a shield.
These Carriers burrow themselves underground and wait for enemy troops to near, before launching themselves up out of the ground, and expanding their mass with insane amounts of gasses, before exploding with tremendous force, enough to kill most anything within 20 feet of it. When it erupts, it releases dozens and dozens of fresh new Infection Forms on the battlefield. Burster Forms can also typically be referred to as 'Pimples'. Bursters can only exist in Flood-infested environments, however, so you luckily won't encounter one in fresh territory.
Blister Forms are completely dormant, and egg-like, reminiscent of the facehugger eggs from the Alien franchise. When an enemy nears a blister form, it will either erupt into a dozen or so Infection Forms, or release one to three Stalker forms. Normally, this would be considered a pure form, but due to it solely being used for Infection, it was better to be labelled as an Infector.
These are floating infection forms with long tentacles behind them. They attack aircraft, and can infect the pilots and produce biomass to make the vehicle Flood-based. They're very weak, and can be killed easily, but they're insanely fast and have an unknown means to fly. They can also fire bone-like spikes from their mouths, similar to a Ranged Form.
Resisting infection is an extremely rare task that usually never works, as VERY few characters in the Haloverse can resist this.
Stalker's are low to the ground, quadrupedal, and extremely agile. They prefer melee attacks, and can tear apart their victim when allowed to get close enough with their bladed front limbs that resemble claws. Stalkers can leap massive distances with their powerful legs, and crawl on virtually any surface as well. They can change their form at will, converting their bodies, into either a Ranged Form or a Tank Form. They mostly stay out of combat so as to strategically place themselves on the battlefield and morph into one of the other pure forms.
Ranged forms have amazing accuracy, but are unable to move their bodies other than turning around in this form, and must remain stationary until either being killed or mutating into either a Stalker Form or a Tank Form. Ranged Forms fire spikes from their bodies with deadly accuracy that are comprised of sharpened bones and bio-matter, and are powerful enough to pierce traditional armor. The spikes can infinitely regenerate, as pure forms can produce their own biomass. When under fire, they can curl up and make themselves nearly 10x more durable, and when the opponent relents, they uncurl and continue firing.
Tank Forms are for close-quarters situations, as Stalkers and Ranged Forms can mutate into this when facing an enemy too close for comfort. The Tank Form is extremely lethal, with having bony armor, and a massive bladed arm that it can use to crush and mutilate their opponents. If the victim attempts to run, the Tank Form will either revert into another Pure Form, or take off at a deadly charge. Their other arm, which is smaller, but more heavily armored, can be raised to shield their face and cover their weak spots in order to continue fighting as long as they can. Tank forms are typically slow, but can use their massive arm to launch themselves when they charge, and are also capable of producing and spitting out Infection Forms in pairs.
Stealth Forms are the fastest moving flood form, and can cling to any surface. They're very reminiscent of the Stalkers, but are combat oriented, while Stalkers are strategy oriented. Stealth Forms can utilize any handheld weapon they come across, and have a set of deadly biomass whips that can be used to send opponents flying. They could swap between bipedal and quadrupedal movement. Stealth Forms stick to the shadows, and try to flank their enemies, and catch them by surprise. They aren't very durable, but their attack power is severe.
These are massive Flood Forms that try to stick to the edge of battle, scooping up and absorbing biomass. They could generate and produce Stalker Forms inside of them, before spewing them out. If an enemy would get too close, the Transport Form would use its front tentacles to attempt to grab the target, and absorb them into its biomass, and use their bodies to create more Stalkers.
A variant of the Transport form, the Infestor if very similar in design, but much better for anti-vehicle tactics, and also has a large sac beneath it that erupts with infection Forms when it chooses to use it, or it dies. When burst, the Infestor can gather biomass to regrow the sac, and incubate more Infection Forms. Their tentacles can be used much like the Transport Form, but they mostly use this to flip vehicles they manage to get close to.
The Flood Spawner are massive, slow creatures with amazing durability. They can generate biomass, and produce massive waves of Infection Forms, and lesser Pure Forms out of them. With their mass of tentacles, they can ensnare and consume any foe who dares get too close to it. A group of Spawners is a nightmare to go up against, as they can spawn thousands of Infection Forms to swarm your position and overwhelm you. They usually keep to the back-end of a battle, producing Infection Forms and Pure Forms, while themselves staying out of harms way, and can act themselves alone as a sort of pre-psuedo boss battle.
These beasts are 17 feet of pure Flood. They have two massive tentacle arms that can deal some crushing blows. These arms are extremely tough, so the Juggernaut can use them to shield their already extremely durable bodies. Despite their bulky size and appearance, they're incredibly fast, and can jump great distances. Juggernauts act as commanders on the battlefield, and can lead legions of Flood into battle. When a Juggernaut is killed, the control of their legion either goes to a nearby Juggernaut, or to a Gravemind. Also, when killed, their body erupts like a Carrier Form, and dozens of Infection Forms are released. Juggernauts are a sort of pre-boss battle.
There are two Abomination variations. The Small Abominations, and the Big Abominations. The smaller ones act very much like Stealth Forms, and can use their whip-like appendages to ensnare and wrap up their opponent, and if the opponent is weak enough, they use these tentacles to tear them apart. Otherwise, the Small Abominations try to hold their targets in place so they can be swarmed by Infection Forms. Big Abominations, however, are like a boss battle within themselves. Each one is impossibly durable, being able to take massive amounts of damage without budging, and they can use their massive tentacles to crush vehicles and whack aircraft out of the sky. They're incredibly slow however, so they typically need lesser reinforcements to back them up in order to ensure victory. Much like a Juggernaut, they act as commanders, but Big Abominations have just as much jurisdiction as a Proto-Gravemind would, whereas a Juggernaut would not. Any Flood forms within a certain proximity of the Abomination somehow become faster and stronger, but lose this when the Abomination is killed.
Pure forms are 100% Flood Biomass, and are the most deadly forms, as they are more specialized in neutralizing targets and allowing more productive infection. Do not underestimate the Flood and their domination of all life.
This is all of the Flood forms that will be appearing in the rp. Alongside this, the Flood have the entire Covenant naval fleet, the entire UNSC Navy, and even a few incredibly powerful Forerunner Dreadnoughts. In these fleets are all of these flood forms, as well as plenty of vehicles of every kind, all to be controlled by the flood, and every weapon the Covenant and the UNSC used is now utilized by the Flood.
Alongside this, the Monitor of Installation 07 is one of the remaining fragments of the ancient Forerunner AI Mendicant Bias, who is already infected with the Logic Plague, meaning any Flood on Installation 07 is free to roam, as well as all Forerunner defenses being on the side of the Flood, under the control of Mendicant Bias. So the Flood also have Sentinals and Enforcers to assist them when we get to Installation 07, alongside Cortana's attempts to stop the cast when it's revealed she's been infected with the Logic Plague.

Elidocorc.

Funny, bog stopped during the final stretch of Elidocorc’s post

comic

when it comes to an attempt to cure the Flood... this is very... possible? it's definitely not easy, and the Flood continually evolve and adapt, as the ancient Humans and the Forerunners have attempted various cures, while some failed, others seemed to work. Temporarily. The Flood would develop an immunity to the cures, and with a Keymind, the Flood can develop immunities far faster.
also, when it comes to characters trying to study the Flood or the super-cells in order to attempt a cure, they're gonna have to have some high maintenance security measures similar to that of the Forerunner, and even then, we all know how that goes.

Well we’ll only have our main team there for a day at most, and I’m not willing to lose half the roster to the Flood just because... Flood. So our super geniuses will make it work.
Also, Silver. Telekinesis is the perfect way to hold something down for study.

comic

Well we’ll only have our main team there for a day at most, and I’m not willing to lose half the roster to the Flood just because... Flood. So our super geniuses will make it work.
Also, Silver. Telekinesis is the perfect way to hold something down for study.
eh, debatable. the Flood were pretty formidable in the first Halo, and that was just them basically being mindless, their only goal being to start gathering biomass in order to create a Proto-Gravemind. They nearly succeeded until Chief blew up the Pillar of Autumn and destroyed Halo.
in Halo 2, we see the Flood acting far more intelligent, working in groups, displaying attack strategies, and utilizing vehicles.
we have our super geniuses, sure, but the Keymind bests all of our characters in terms of intelligence. basically, the only way we can beat the Flood is through sheer power, and even then, taking on Abominations is no easy task. every single one of those guys are like a mini-boss battle. imagine taking on Caponek, then multiply that by... well, as much biomass as the Flood have.
i originally didn't plan on the Flood to be so formidable, but it's kind of hard to not when they control the whole feking galaxy by the time we come in. in Halo Wars 2, the banished dealt with the Flood with slight difficulty, but with a Keymind, the Banished are gonna get their asses handed to them. the Insurrection, too.
if we can just develop a cure, which we can, but it won't work, then that defeats the whole purpose of attempting to activate Installation 07. when activating this ring, it'll kill everything in its blast radius, and along with that, it's setting are set to activate the other Halo rings, so the only portion of the galaxy free from this blast would be where Installation 04 was previously located, though in order to simply wipe out the Flood, i'm having the Keymind calling literally the entire Flood to Installation 07 for the final battle.

Well we need some way to keep our cast safe. The flood would infect, no joke, about 90% of my cast. Aka all of my heroes. And I’m not willing to lose them like that.

comic

Clockwerk: Activate it. That way the only living being in the galaxy will be...Clockwerk.
and any other non-organic characters we have. i mean, robots and ai are safe from the blast.
Well we need some way to keep our cast safe. The flood would infect, no joke, about 90% of my cast. Aka all of my heroes. And I’m not willing to lose them like that.
yeah, i know. i'm still thinking of decent counter-measures for this that aren't absurd and don't make the Flood look less significant, because let's face it. when it comes to infections, the Flood are by far the most powerful infection in fiction.
robots and ai, like Clockwerk, Megaman characters, and Z, too, are susceptible to the Logic Plague, so we'll have to keep them away from a Keymind especially.
but i'll come up with something that makes enough sense.
Why not have them infected? And have it as a race to a cure
because the Flood alter DNA and completely twist and warp a body. even if all of those infected don't become combat forms, they'll simply become biomass for the Flood. there's no reversing the Flood. there's only trying to stop them.

now, i have to go, but i'll be thinking about ways to counteract the Flood and manage to keep everybody alive, especially when taking into account that most defenses are useless to a Forerunner Dreadnought, so...
uh...
Master Chief?

Clockwerk
Wellll actually he is immune to this. I can’t speak for the others. Clockwerk as gained immortality, and if his intelligence were to be corrupted he would override any corrupted files or files deemed self destructive. Call it a course correction software. As for Timeman...well he’s screwed XD

comic

Wellll actually he is immune to this. I can’t speak for the others. Clockwerk as gained immortality, and if his intelligence were to be corrupted he would override any corrupted files or files deemed self destructive. Call it a course correction software. As for Timeman...well he’s screwed XD
So... he's NOT immune. He'd just create backups, and if Keymind figures this out, then he'll corrupt those files, too.
no artifical intelligence is safe from the Keymind, so just...
keep Clockwerk at a great distance from Keymind, and he'll be fine.

So... he's NOT immune. He'd just create backups, and if Keymind figures this out, then he'll corrupt those files, too.
Not quite how it works. It out right removes the foreign contimainates. one time it even removed an entire mind that had hijacked his frame 100%. He focused on making his body as perfect and without flaws as he possibly could for 10,000 years, so it makes sense naturally.

keep Clockwerk at a great distance from Keymind, and he'll be fine.
If it’s omnipresent then you could see the problem with that

comic

Alright. To prevent Flood infection, you need an immune system that either negates the super-cells, or have no immune system at all. This is the only way to prevent infection, though this wouldn't stop the Flood from trying to make biomass out of you.

Alright. To prevent Flood infection, you need an immune system that either negates the super-cells, or have no immune system at all. This is the only way to prevent infection, though this wouldn't stop the Flood from trying to make biomass out of you.

Or be in a location or condition that prevents infection. For example being inside of a ship or bunker.

Logic plauge effects all lesser A.I. And most higher ones, only those with efficient enough protocols would be able to deny such a plauge. Most of the A.I. We have in the story primarily go under the lesser and mid tier Intellegences out there. The Logic plauge can’t effect for example: The Borg, D-Reaper, King Drasil, Etc

comic

Or be in a location or condition that prevents infection. For example being inside of a ship or bunker.

Logic plauge effects all lesser A.I. And most higher ones, only those with efficient enough protocols would be able to deny such a plauge. Most of the A.I. We have in the story primarily go under the lesser and mid tier Intellegences out there. The Logic plauge can’t effect for example: The Borg, D-Reaper, King Drasil, Etc
Mendicant Bias, the most advanced AI in Halo, far superior to just about any other AI from fiction I can think of, was converted by a Gravemind, the Primordium. This is a Keymind, which has far more powerful capabilities.

And yeah, I suppose using bullshit logic to negate Flood infection would make enough sense. Sort of. totally goes against the Flood as a faction and their abilities, but in order to prevent the Flood just wiping out our cast, we can make that work.

course, there's already a loophole in that logic, as Doomslayer will become infected, so...

Doomslayer’s biological system is close enough to a Spartan’s, maybe?
And the Logic Plague will be the biggest threat, as that’s still trouble for our AIs.

Mendicant Bias, the most advanced AI in Halo, far superior to just about any other AI from fiction
Every AI I just listed is superior to him in literally every field. Not to mention required months or even years of communicating with him to turn him.

Rebuilt Blue Tornado (which we STILL need a name for) can be a good enough safe haven from the Flood for our crew. But I like Burble’s explanation.
Could be a location, as well as Specter’s Ship. Two mobile bases

As for burble’s explanation wellll you see if they don’t know of a chemical or gene in your body They would simply take every other parts of your body and genes and leave the remainder and lumpy, piled up, biomass. Hence why they throw the head from their combat forms to the side

Status
Not open for further replies.