• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Favourite Roleplay OC's and Moments Discussion

This thread isn't a sign up for a roleplay, but one where everyone can discuss and share their favourite characters that you have played in an RP. Whether it's something different that you tried out and had fun with, or explored different themes and delved deeper into that character more than you usually would. Also, discuss your favourite moments you had with that character, whether it was hilarious or emotional. Be sure to put a tiny bit of context to the situation so the whoever is reading can understand. Anyway, let me start off...

This was a character bio of a character named Marin that was apart of a region RP called "Explore the Bloka Region (Anime Style)" that was around a year and a half ago. ( I wonder if people remember that RP)
Name: Marin
Height: 6ft
Personality: Kind, caring, chilled out, never stressed,
Dream/Goal: To prove that he can become a successful trainer and can become greater than his brother, who lost the final of the Sinnoh league.
Appearance: black parka jacket, black jeans, brown shoes, black watch on right wrist, brown messy hair medium length, green eyes,
Other: used to live in Sinnoh and has moved to the Bloka region.
Pokemon:
Asura, Chikorita, She's very kind, a cry baby, reliant and clingy to her trainer, gets anxiety attacks occasionally, shy, doesn't like to battle, she has a pouch on her at all times which she keeps her possessions in, her leaf on her head is heart shaped with a pattern on it too.

I really enjoyed this character because this was the first one where I self-insert myself as the OC and decided to make a new character, (despite it not being the most original) but I focused more on the character and his pokemon. Especially, his partner Pokemon Asura The Chikorita. Asura had really bad anxiety and would frequently get anxiety attacks from almost everything, and would only find comfort when she was with Marin. The adorableness and innocence of Asura made it a fan favourite within the RP since everyone grew to love her. Marin also caught another Pokemon Rory, The Buneary. He was a cuddly best friend to everyone, that always looked out for Asura. In this Rp, I really focused on that trio rather than, the typical "I want to be a pokemon master" or "I've got to train harder" and stuff like that.

My favourite moments were when Asura and Rory would interact with other people's OC's that was in the RP, how Asura would struggle to open up to them where was Rory was always making friends and playing with their OC's Pokemon. When Asura gets scared or has an anxiety attack, she would have the tendency of running off blindly in a direction. Which would get them into many predicaments.

Would love to hear some of your guys' favourite moments and OC's :)

My favourite RP of all time on this site was probably, 'The Dream'. It's also the first one I ever finished. To this day, I wish I could go back and do it all again. It was so much fun writing out all of the lore and backstory for my character, and the dreamworld, and it was also great fun seeing everyone reveal their character's backgrounds, as we got into why we ended up in the dream to begin with. Since I had some really talented RPers in it, we had some pretty strong character relationships and development, too.

I loved it so much, that I'm seriously considering a re-make thread for it. Maybe a sequel. Here's the full RP, if anyone wants to have a read:

https://pokecharms.com/threads/the-dream-rp.14531/

My fav OC is a God called Void. I played him in an RP where every player is a God and we do whateve the heck we want to the universe.

He's childish and selfish. Thus I played him like the evil god of the universe, a character who everybody love to hate. I like to play him because I can be snarky and bad just for the sake of being evil without making the character feel flat and shallow. Also, I can easily insert social commentary and even break the 4th wall, doing IC and OOC at the same time because why not?

Oh, wait. This is in the pokemon disc forum. Then my fav OC is Yugo, a pokemon youtuber (in a pokemon world) who tries to answer trivial questions (like whether you can unwhirl a whirlipede or how hitmonlee eat) and uploaded it to his youtube channel, though most of the time he'll be running from the pokemon or trainer he investigated. He's a joke character, but after playing him for a few posts I started to like him. The RP is never finished though.

My fav OC is a God called Void. I played him in an RP where every player is a God and we do whateve the heck we want to the universe.

He's childish and selfish. Thus I played him like the evil god of the universe, a character who everybody love to hate. I like to play him because I can be snarky and bad just for the sake of being evil without making the character feel flat and shallow. Also, I can easily insert social commentary and even break the 4th wall, doing IC and OOC at the same time because why not?

Oh, wait. This is in the pokemon disc forum. Then my fav OC is Yugo, a pokemon youtuber (in a pokemon world) who tries to answer trivial questions (like whether you can unwhirl a whirlipede or how hitmonchan eat) and uploaded it to his youtube channel, though most of the time he'll be running from the pokemon or trainer he investigated. He's a joke character, but after playing him for a few posts I started to like him. The RP is never finished though.
OMG XD that pokemon youtuber is one of the best things I've ever heard XD i love that so much

Alright, I suppose I'll bring in my favorite OC that I have been using for about two years now and still continue to use quite a bit today. Below is a huge bio of my character called Tyler. Tyler was a practitioner that specialized in treating other Pokémon, though he was soon turned into a Pokémon himself after an experiment done by a criminal organization. His DNA was corrupt after the experiment, and had no way of reversal, as he would remain an infant for quite some time to come.

Name: His name is Tyler Frost.
Species: Signita / Cross Seal Pokémon
Type: [type]Water[/type] [type]Ice[/type]
Native Region: His native region is Etepeal.
Age: His real age is currently unknown, though his physical appearance does make him appear rather young.
Height: 1'10" / 0.56 m
Weight: 17.9 lbs / 8.12 kg
Special Features: He has some white, elastic bandages snugly wrapped around the top of his head with Serah's help since he has some bruises from prior fights against harassing trainers and Team Regressive.
Hidden Power: Fighting
Ability: Torrent (Increases the potency of all Water-type moves when the Pokémon is in trouble.)
Appearance: Signita is a pinniped, slightly canine-like Pokémon that is primarily pale blue. His head is slightly big in proportion to his body, as he has light blue eyes and a small snout with a tiny nose capable of tracking various scents from a good distance. Two small teeth can be seen when he opens his mouth, as they are in the upper row of his mouth on opposite sides. His arms each have three fingers that lack any claws due to his seemingly young age. His underside and tail is that of a dark cadet gray, as his flipper-like tail has a black striped pattern around it.
Clothing: Tyler wears a specially made lab coat made by Serah's mother that is tailored for his body and needs. There are some pockets on the inside and outside areas that hold some medicinal items as well as his foldable clipboard and his special black, thick pen made for his small hands; which have a multitude of functions.
Personality: Tyler seems to be an outcast when faced with social encounters, as he rarely speaks due to his voice that others describe as silly and babyish. He tends to hide behind his friends, trainer or any object in sight when forced to answer a question deemed too personal. His fish out of water nature makes it significantly harder to hang around other Pokémon, since he is not as understandable as a typical Pokémon would be under normal circumstances. Although he retains some of his former traits, his emotional side often gets the better of him when it comes to bottling up his rage and tears from significant emotional stress and/or trauma. Due to his memory loss however, he does have some trouble doing some basic or understandably advanced tasks for his infantile body.
Primary Moves: Pound Rush, Examination, Water Snipe, Icicle Shooter
Skills (Past): L / L / L / L / L
Skills (Present): R / M / L / M / M
Survival Training:
Tyler’s past memories of fleeing from danger has led to him having the ability to flee from any battle and being unaffected by moves that would prevent him from escaping or switching out.
Tyler’s vast experience with medicine has granted him the ability to use two items in a single turn with the ability to have added effects if using the proper combination of items.
Sometimes, Tyler can’t afford to wait in combat. Tyler can use an item and still act in battle, though the item only has half of its effectivenss.

Tactical Movement:
Even if Tyler is at critical HP, he still retains his speed and his movement speed increases the lower his HP is.
Tyler’s months of movement training have enabled him to move somewhat quicker and quieter while he’s at it.
As a result of Tyler’s numerous laps he’s done in the playpen, his stamina and sprint speed are increased. In addition, his evasion is increased while sprinting.

Combat Training:
Sometimes, Tyler just needs a break or two. While Tyler is out of combat, all lost HP will steadily regenerate and the effects of all status conditions will lift in several turns. Damage taken from being wounded in battle will still require the use of medicine to heal.
Duck more, stay more, a part of Tyler’s training he’ll always remember from his first Pokémon. Tyler is able to evade attacks more easily and temporarily gains increased defense and special defense for successfully dodging an attack.
After Tyler learned how to read numerous moves, he has gained the ability to cancel enemy attacks more easily, allowing him to interrupt the foe’s action. Successfully disrupting an enemy attack will temporarily increase Tyler’s attack and special attack.

Endurance:
Tyler’s time with being alone has allowed him to have somewhat increased damage resistance and special attack if he is within medium range from an enemy.
Due to the amount of luck a baby Pokémon like Tyler possesses, he has an increased chance of dodging attacks, hitting evasive enemies and hacing an increased chance of landing critical hits.
Tyler spends some time in super training to improve his combat performance. Tyler slightly gains increased attack, special attack and speed.

Advanced Training:
Even a young Pokémon like Tyler has to break the rules sometimes. Tyler is able to run from any trainer battle without the risk of blacking out. (Cannot use in boss battles.)
Tyler’s prior years of working in the field of medicine has enabled him to use items with twice their effectiveness and having a chance to lift the effects of status conditions and stat decreases.
Tyler goes to various stadiums to hone upon his moves and battling experience. The PP penality for all moves are reduced and X-Moves take half the time to recharge.
Past: Most of his past is currently unknown due to large memory loss that was somewhat resolved by his friend and caretaker. What is most known about him is that he was involved in Project Sapien, an abhorrent experiment conducted by Team Regressive in an attempt to synthesize a chemical that would permanently revert Pokémon from their final evolutions back to their basic forms. However, instead of making their desired compound... they accidentally discovered something that would completely change a person's life.
Family: Much of his family remains unknown due to his memory loss.
Love Relationships?: He has a crush on Mindy Avalon, who is Serah's sister.
Other: His species is the Water-type starter obtained in Etepeal typically by beginning trainers. His favorite treat is wafers coated with a liberal amount of peanut butter.
Poké Browser Entry: "Signita is the water starter Pokémon for Etepeal. Typically, they are given to beginning trainers or they can rarely be seen in the wild in colder areas napping on some patches of snow near the frosty seas."
Moves Information:
Type: [type]Normal[/type]
Catagory: Physical
Power: 10 x 5
Accuracy: 100%, but can be evaded more easily
Power Points: 25
Target: Single Enemy
Range: Close Quarters Combat
Description: An elementary move that most species of Pokémon learn from the start or early on. The user strikes the target with a series of quick strikes.
Effects: The chance of critical hits increases when all strikes connect.
Type: [type]Normal[/type]
Catagory: Status (Exclusive Move)
Power: N/A
Accuracy: Sure Shot
Power Points: 35
Range: 10 Meters
Description: The user briefly analyzes the target and assesses their outlook, behavior and other newly known facts to gain an insight on the target.
Effects: Reveals information about the target this move is used on; this move can be used multiple times on the same target to gain more detailed information.
Type: [type]Water[/type]
Catagory: Special
Power: 70
Accuracy: 85%
Power Points: 15
Range: 25 Meters
Description: The user takes in a deep breath of concentration and launches a dense shot of highly pressurized water at the target.
Effects: The move's power is doubled if the target is hit in their weak spot.
Type: [type]Ice[/type]
Catagory: Special
Power: 15 x 6
Accuracy: 80%
Power Points: 20
Range: 12.5 Meters
Description: The user assaults the target with a barrage of frosty icicles.
Effects: May inflict Expose on the target, halving their resistance to Ice-type attacks.
My favorite moments with Tyler were when he struggled to interact with others since he would have to usually play a round of charades or quickly write in his clipboard to communicate. It was great to have him change from his state of depression and unease into a bit more relaxed Pokémon after he got settled in as being a little Pokémon for some time.

Additionally, it was quite fun to have him stand up for himself in a court case in a private RP that I did in a conversation with someone. (Since it would be better doing it in play/casual format.)