• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Favourite Pokemon Anime

Which Pokemon anime is your favourite?

Mine definitely is Unova, I liked almost everything about it. Especially how funny most of the characters are.

None of them, because nothing gets accomplished whatsoever when it comes to Ash becoming a Pokémon Master. Especially Best Wishes. Sorry.

I don't watch the anime much anymore, but I say I liked the Sinnoh Arc and the Kalos Arc.
---------
Reasons:

Sinnoh - Even though watching few episodes of the series, I thought it was exciting, like other traditional anime. I liked the theme songs,(except for the first one, I don't think the singers can rap.) they were one of my favorites, and I found it inspirational. Sinnoh is also my favorite region of pokemon. Lastly it's the region out of 2/7 regions that Ash is strong it, but that's my opinion.

Kalos - The graphics and story were amazing! I actually liked some of the filler, and it's the other 1/7 region that Ash is strong in! Also, Ash-Greninja and Ash getting to the Top 2 in the league? AWESOME! The Kalos games were also the first games I played, and I played it for more than 250 hours.

I think you can tell just from my profile picture which anime I liked the most. The characters in XYZ really sucked me in, and most episodes involved ideas I never expected to see. A close second, though, would be Kanto, because not only was it the first Pokemon anime is ever watched, it's the only other one I watched, save for a few episodes of Sun and Moon, which I can't really stand...

I really liked Johto, but I loved XYZ. The battles were great, you fell in love with the characters and Ash had what was my favorite team of his.

Now, I think the Pokemon Sun & Moon is almost as good as Black & White, as it's really cute how the students work together, like in that episode where they put their tables together for the lunch in "A Glaring Rivalry!" (I think that episode) and actually talk together rather than just eating alone. Episodes like "Lulled To La-La Land!", "So Long, Sophocles!" and "The Island Whisperer!" just make me feel warm. Sadly, not much is like that in real life.

Last edited:
I keep hearing good things about Sun & Moon. I'll have to check it out.

I've seen at least a bit of every other series though. Of those? It's either the original Indigo League run, or the Best Wishes series.

The "Ash never accomplishes anything" complaint is valid, and it's a big thing holding the entire show back (Sun & Moon possible excluded, based on what I've heard).

The thing about the Indigo League series, though, is that it's not only the first (and thus not guilty of repeating a pattern), but it also had a bit more character to it as a show that was inevitably drained during Johto.
Takeshi Shudo originally wanted the anime to be a show "kids and parents could enjoy together," and the Indigo League series hints at that. It's less formulaic, there's a bit more character development, and the show's willing to step outside of the comfort zone and deal with relatively complex issues. These days it's just early adaptation weirdness, but if the series is looked at in this context? As a show that was originally written to be a bit more serious and "fun for adults and kids" before being railroaded into strictly a "for kids" formula? The Indigo League run is the season with the most promise as a fully fleshed out show.

As far as Best Wishes goes? I enjoyed the willingness to try new things with Team Rocket. I also appreciated that Giovanni became a more central antagonist again. The dude's the arch villain of the Poke-verse. I really wish the anime would use him as such. This was about as close as we got for a full season post-Indigo.

I keep hearing good things about Sun & Moon. I'll have to check it out.

I've seen at least a bit of every other series though. Of those? It's either the original Indigo League run, or the Best Wishes series.

The "Ash never accomplishes anything" complaint is valid, and it's a big thing holding the entire show back (Sun & Moon possible excluded, based on what I've heard).

The thing about the Indigo League series, though, is that it's not only the first (and thus not guilty of repeating a pattern), but it also had a bit more character to it as a show that was inevitably drained during Johto.
Takeshi Shudo originally wanted the anime to be a show "kids and parents could enjoy together," and the Indigo League series hints at that. It's less formulaic, there's a bit more character development, and the show's willing to step outside of the comfort zone and deal with relatively complex issues. These days it's just early adaptation weirdness, but if the series is looked at in this context? As a show that was originally written to be a bit more serious and "fun for adults and kids" before being railroaded into strictly a "for kids" formula? The Indigo League run is the season with the most promise as a fully fleshed out show.

As far as Best Wishes goes? I enjoyed the willingness to try new things with Team Rocket. I also appreciated that Giovanni became a more central antagonist again. The dude's the arch villain of the Poke-verse. I really wish the anime would use him as such. This was about as close as we got for a full season post-Indigo.

I think he doesn't usually accomplish the big things to try and not make him a Mary Sue. He's befriended or fought every legendary up to date (excluding Zeraora), does things no-one ever has done (I wouldn't be surprised if he meets an awakened Komala), got 2 Pokemon SPECIALLY for him, etc.

I had lots of fun watching the XY series, so its my favorite
so many cute episodes, a couple of episodes that made it emotional, happy, sad, two made me teary eye up a bit