• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Favourite Gym Leader (sinnoh)

Who is your favourite sinnoh gym leader?

• Volkner (elecrtic)

Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Candice (ice)

Votes: 8 28.6%
  • Byron (steel)

Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Crasher Wake (water

• Maylene (fighting)

• Fantina (ghost)

Votes: 1 3.6%
  • Gardenia (grass)

Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Roark (rock)

• Volkner (elecrtic)

• Candice (ice)

Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Byron (steel)

• Crasher Wake (water

• Maylene (fighting)

• Fantina (ghost)

• Gardenia (grass)

• Roark (rock)

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Who is your favourite gym leader from the sinnoh region? Your opinions can be influencedby the games, anime, or manga comics but you can only vote once! please feel free to comment any opinions or questions! :D

Demelza

Eevee Tamer
Staff member
It's very hard for me to choose between Gardenia and Volkner. In the Pokemon Adventures Diamond And Pearl Adventure manga I really liked Gardenia, but in the anime Volkner always impressed me and the gym match Ash had vs him was really good.

Probably go with Volkner. :p

Volkner all the way for me. He always seemed like a really cool dude, plus his gym battle with Ash was easily one of my favorites of all time. It also didn't hurt that he had a really good VA in the English dub which was a huge plus. Roark comes in second for me mostly for being level-headed and yet also having a hilarious rivalry with his father.

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
I think Byron is a pretty cool guy. Eh digs holes with his beard and doesn't afraid of anything.

I have a feeling that Byron's become a meme here. :p

Well, I like Candice. Yes, she may be an Ice trainer, but she isn't stereotypically cold like Brycen and Pryce. She's just...Candice.

I love Byron. He's just too epic not to love. He has a 10 story gym inside of a 1 story building. That's badass people. Plus, he doesn't dig with his beard, the earth is too afraid of it, so it naturally moves out of the way for him :p

But, Volkner also gets a vote for being a trooper. I mean, his gym must make him have 7 digit electric bills. Nice Volkner, nice.

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
Roark and Gardenia are the only gym leaders in Sinnoh I find to be even remotely awesome in a good way (rather than fail, forgettable or FACEPALM INDUCING).

And out of these two, I have a natural bias for Gardenia. ^^;

Favorite? Hands down, Roark.

He's an adorable fossil nerd XD I mean c'mon, the guy comes up with the best lines about not reading comic books between battles and not getting "outfossiled" by his father. Classic. What can I say, same type of natural bias XD;

Besides him, Gardenia is pretty damn awesome. The rest I really don't care for, except for Byron, who DIGS HOLES WITH HIS MIND or would, but that's not digging your happy holes by hand. Terrible, terrible father, though.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
I'm totally not just copying Stel and SCT. I came up with my own answers. I did. D:

Anyways, Roark and Gardenia for me too. |D

I can't say I'm particularly fond of any of the gym leaders in-game, but the Anime made me love those two in particular. Anime Gardenia is insane and hilarious, and Roark is just likeable for some reason. I looked forward to watching the episodes that featured him. And I like his hat.

And yet we only have one vote between Roark and Gardenia as of this post? Huh.

In my eyes, I found the Sinnoh leaders to be quite "meh" actually. They never seemed that... interesting, I guess. I suppose Wake and Candice are kinda cool, but I don't really like the Sinnoh bunch XD

Demelza

Eevee Tamer
Staff member
LoN said:
And yet we only have one vote between Roark and Gardenia as of this post? Huh.

In my eyes, I found the Sinnoh leaders to be quite "meh" actually. They never seemed that... interesting, I guess. I suppose Wake and Candice are kinda cool, but I don't really like the Sinnoh bunch XD

I agree they could be quite "Meh" even the anime never showed many of them off to be very interesting. Although not to say there wasn't some cools one, like Gardenia and Valkner. =]

My favorite Sinnoh Gym Leader is Candice. I love her Gym type! Ice is really cool. I also love her Pokemon. Especially Abomasnow! She is amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.