• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Favourite Game and why?

Hi All, I`ve made this to see who`s favourite game is what and why.
You can make a whole list if you wish, just keep it short.
Okay - I`m gonna say mine for the heck of it
Halo 3 - It was my first Xbox360 game, so yeah :p
Left 4 dead 1 and 2 - Because shooting zombies is fun.
Dead Space - Only horror I like
Fallout 3 - It`s a very good exploration game.
MW2 - Only because you get to shoot things.
ALL pokemon games - I wouldn`t be here if I didn`t like pokemon. ^^

All right, what the heck, I'll try and narrow it down to one just to make it challenging...

Well, this is very difficult, but if I had to choose just one I would probably pick Chrono Trigger, simply because it's a classic and no matter what I end up coming back to it and replaying it; and it's still just as amazing as the first time through.

That was more difficult than I thought it'd be to choose just one ^^;

bladewolf121 said:
Well, Chadwyck, you`ve got pretty good taste in games, I must say. :)
You didn`t have to narrow it to one, you could`ve listed them.

Why thank you, you obviously do as well if you like Chrono Trigger :p

And yeah, but I wanted to give myself a challenge and only list one.

Though, favorite new game I've gotten in a while is Blazblue Continuum Shift, the story is really interesting, and I usually hate fighting games (aside from Guilty Gear and Street Fighter) but I actually really enjoy the Blazblue games. Even if the DLC character can't be used for anything except VERSUS MODE D:< but gripping story and awesome characters. So, Chrono Trigger overall favorite, favorite new game: Blazblue. =D

GOD DAMN IT! You beat me to my idea for my next Top 5!.....oh well :p

My favorite games would have to be Bioshock, Kingdom Hearts, Pokemon Silver, Super Smash Bros. Melee, and Crash Bandicoot 3.
Bioshock-Had great story, shooting gameplay, and creative deaths.
Kingdom Hearts- The weird Final Fantasy/Disney combinaton had we raising an eyebrow as a kid, but loved the action-RPG elements.
Pokemon Silver- Would have put the originals, buut I like Second Gen. better. XD
SSBM- Greatest fighter I've ever played. Really, if Square Enix and Nintendo can make fighters with all their characters, why can't Sony or SEGA, huh?!
Crash Bandicoot 3- Anybody who knows me knows I like every Naughty Dog game known to man. Crash Bandicoot wold have to be my favorite because best graphics and level design in all of the PS1 trilogy.

Hn.

Halo series: I group it as one, because I play for the storyline- although 3's was a blatant mockery of the beautiful tapestry that had previously been woven >>;;;

Trauma Center: Under the Knife II: I love doing surgeries. I always wanted to play in class, so that if a professor ever tried to ask me anything, I could go "I'M DOING HEART SURGERY STFU."

Meteos: I just got back into this game. It's a puzzler, but it has AMAZING music. I wish I could buy a soundtrack.

The Sims 3: I like building houses. So kill me.

The World Ends With You: I am actually an admin on a small fanforum for this game. It's an excellent JRPG, with awesome characters that shout math phrases :3

The Pokemon games: Obviously. I've been playing them since I was 7 XD

I think that's about it for now~

A

Anonymous

Super mario galaxy 2- its just awesome and it was the first non-pokemon game I played
Pony friends- I heart ponys!
Pokemon emerald- The hoenn region was so awesome!
Pokemon firered- Its a good job they made this I like the kanto region but hate the graphics in red and blue!

Last edited by a moderator:
A

Anonymous

Kingdom Hearts 358 2 Days, why, you ask? Well, may I be quick to point out that it has an amazing soundtrack and good charater devlopment, the gameplay was not the best, but not nearly as half-assed as some of the other games i've played. And Axels in it, i'm an axel fangirl, do the math :D.

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
My favourite game of all time is Metroid Fusion. As the game that got me into the Metroid series and into games in general, it stands out for me as being far-and-away the best game I've ever played. My only issue with the game is that it's far too short for a game with no unlockable content and only one difficulty setting. Guess that's why they call it "short but sweet."

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
Terranigma (SNES) - In my opinion that is the best game the SNES ever had. The Action-RPGs I've played and really enjoyed are few and far between and Terranigma leave them all behind. It had a combination of amazing graphics, music, gameplay and plotline - and as the game had only a very small European/Australian English release and was never released in the States, it never went through the NoA censorship-rape machine. That is a good thing.

Final Fantasy VI (SNES) - Still the best FF game out there. Best cast, best plot, best villain, best turtle-fence, best teaaaaaaaaaam.

Super Metroid (SNES) - This is the game that got me into the Metroid series.

The Longest Journey (PC) - I grew up with Point-and-Click adventure games and TLJ was the first one that I saw released in years. It was also one of the most amazing stories I've ever ran into in a game. The worldbuilding and voice acting rocks worlds too.

Septerra Core (PC) - Obscure RPG with an awesome unusual world, a great plot, an interesting magic system and a Martin O'Donnell soundtrack? Hell yes.

Phantasy Star IV (SEGA Genesis) - Phantasy Star, for the Sega Master System, was my very first RPG and certainly one of the games that had the most influence on me. But the game from it that gets the mention in my favorites list is Phantasy Star IV - simply because it was the last and the absolute best of its series, and it ties up the loose ends perfectly, making use of references to the previous games in the series but not in a way that crams most of them down our throats, and does it all with some frelling awesome music (for the Genesis' standards at least). Certainly one of the best games ever as far as I'm concerned.

Wild ARMs 2nd Ignition (PlayStation) - The Wild ARMs series is also rather unsung, and yet it is one of the more amazing RPG series I've played. WA2 is my personal favorite, even with its rather godawful localization - if only it wasn't a PlayStation game, which makes it pretty un-retranslatable. ;-;

Shin Megami Tensei: Digital Devil Saga (PlayStation) - Take a REALLY AWESOME plotline, split it between two games, add a really epic soundtrack and voicework by some of the best VAs out there, and you have Digital Devil Saga. Though it suffers from some level grinding problems (like all RPGs) DDS is really amazing and the gradual introduction of the REAL storyline into it... yes. @_@

Honorable mentions go to StarCraft and to Star Control 2: The Ur-Quan Masters.

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
My favorite game has to be tag, because you can just keep playing it without end and you'll never get tired of it (though you can get tired from running around during the game, but that's not the actual game, now, is it?)

Oh, you mean video game? SSBB, simply because the adventure mode actually had some sort of a plot to it, and I just love these kinds of games in general XD Though I do enjoy most other nintendo games~

And as I've only ever played nintendo games, I dunno if I would like any of the other games mentioned here.

Hmm. That's a toughie! But I have narrowed down a Top 10:

10. Pokemon Silver: Well, if It wasn't for this, I'd never be on these forums. I owe a lot of my gaming history to it. Thanks, Silver!

9. The World ends with You: I don't think I've come across a game with a better story. Fantastic story, fantastic characters, fantastic game. SO ZETTA SLOW!

8. Mario 3: One of the first platformers I played. I never got past World 3, but since I had so much fun with it, it get's on the list.

7. Phoenix Wright: Justice for All: Funny game. Lots of jokes, yet has a sense of seriousness about it. Brill!

6. Kingdom Hearts 2: Brilliant story, memorable levels, great RPG.

5. Sonic Adventure 2: Battle: The best Sonic I've ever played. One of the few quality 3D Sonics.

4. Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas: Never actually owned this, but the fun it brought me when me and my best bud Mark played it, it deserves a high spot.

3. Mario 64: The perfection of 3D Mario. Quality gaming, set the tone for years to come.

2. Legend of Zelda: Twiglight Princess: Many would disagree, but I think this is one of the best games ever. Fantastic gameplay, gripping story. Brilliant!

*Drum role*

1. Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time: Best game ever. No question in my mind. This was the benchmark that has never been raised. Never will. Words dont begin to describe.

A

Anonymous

Kira kira pop princess- I am a tomboy but I love the graphics and.... IT IS JAPANESE! nuff said!
Pokemon platinum - call me crazy but this game keeps running away from me I lost it twice I like this game's attitude!

Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Nintendo characters fighting ... thats pretty awesome)
Super Mario Bros. (ive always loved Mario ...)
Pokemon (the greatest classic of our time!!!)
= Good Games ^-^

baratron

Moderator of Elder Scrolls
Staff member
I don't have a single favourite game. That being said, my favourite game of RIGHT NOW is Dragon Quest IX. I'm (*checks*) 180 hours into it, and I haven't even finished the main game yet. I've been dragging it out because I don't want to finish too early, even though it's Dragon Quest so I know there is more to do after the main game ends than before it.

I also loved Dragon Quest VIII: Journey of the Cursed King. It remains the only game that I have played in its entirety twice. True, I played Pokemon Sapphire and then Pokemon Ruby, which is almost exactly the same game - but I haven't ever restarted a Pokemon game over from the beginning on the same cartridge.

In terms of sheer number of hours and lifestyle choice, it has to be Rock Band 2. My partner & I have spent more money on the Rock Band game than on any other game ever. It's not the first time I've bought a console for a game (e.g. the Dreamcast that I got for Samba de Amigo), but it's the first time I've bought a brand new console for a game. I can't even remember how much we've spent on it: £150 for an Xbox 360 (as we didn't previously own one), £150 (I think) for Rock Band with all the instruments, £1200 for an electronic drumkit, £40 for a broken Guitar Hero World Tour drumkit on eBay which Richard then cannibalised to allow his electronic drumkit to talk to the Xbox through MIDI, £40 for Rock Band 2, over £200 in downloaded songs...

Top 5 time! This is in no particular order.

Pokemon Leafgreen: My first Pokemon game! And a remake of Kanto, what's not to love :p

The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker: My first Zelda game, in an awesome cel-shading style.

Majora's Mask: I loved this game! It was more puzzle based than dugeon based, and it was so different from OoT. I love OoT, but I loved that this game was so incredebly different.

Mario Galaxy twins: These were the first Mario games I played, and quite bluntly they were fucking amazing in terms of creativity.

Super Smash Bros Brawl: My first fighting game, and one hell of a riot. I still kick ass in it every week.

And, also....
A Link to the past: This is the game that truly shaped the Zelda series to what it is today. People could argue that OoT did, but Link to the past is the true backbone of the series.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator

I just poured my heart and soul into my reply for this thread, and ended up completely erasing it accidentally. Gods. *Facepalms* So now you get the quick answer, because like hell am I writing it all again. :p

Favourite game: Final Fantasy VI.

Why? Because it changed my life. Seriously. I can write a novel about what that games means to me - and just did about 2 minutes ago! - but take my word for it. As a stand alone title, FF VI is my perfect game and always has been since the first time I beat it. It'll probably continue to be so for years to come, too. :)

My favorite games are
[list type=decimal]
[*]Okami (Wii)
[*]Pokemon SoulSilver/HeartGold
[*]The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
[*]The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
[*]The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time[/list]

Okami is at the top of the list because of it's stunning graphics, epic storyline, and attention to detail. Once you adapt to it, the combat mechanics are as smooth and well tailored to the Wii. My only complaint in the battle department is one technique; God Technique: Fleetfoot. It doesnt work, period. Besides that little issue, the game is absolutely fantastic. And its obvious why I chose Pokemon SoulSilver/HeartGold. And I grew up with the Zelda series, all beginning with The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time and The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past.

My favorite game has always been Snowboard Kids. It's Mario Kart on snowboards! SK is really fun to me, and I always replay it a lot. I really hope Atlus makes one for the Wii.

My favourite game is probably the first game me and my brother got for our PS2. It was Jak and Daxter, and we simply loved it. We always thought it was really hard and had some serious trounle at some points., but I played it through some time ago and finished the entire game in 2 days.

1. Pokemon Heart Gold/Soul Silver
2. Pokemon Platinum
3. The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
4. The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
5. Pokemon Emerald

HG/SS because you can walk with your Pokemon and because they are remakes of Gen II, which was my favorite generation of Pokemon.
Platinum because of the new Dex, ability to get both Dialga and Palkia and because of Giratina.
Twilight Princess because of ability to transform into wolf and because of storyline.
Ocarina of Time because it was the first Zelda game I played and it changed my life.
Emerald due to Rayquaza being the main legendary and because of the Battle Frontier.

Pokemon Red/Blue
Can't beat the originals, my sister had the Red which inspired me to play the series, then because I kept playing her Red version, she griped to my mom to get me Blue version. Squirtle was my first ever! ♥

Pokemon Fire Red/Leaf Green
Again, can't beat the originals, even beefed up! I, once again, started with Squirtle when I get Leaf Green as my first remake.

Pokemon Heart Gold/Soul Silver
From Gold and Silver, these remakes topped the old with new gimmicks and graphics, to play through two regions give you more to do and more reason to keep going!

Left 4 Dead 2
Can't seem to top this franchise, but the sequel is by far better from the first because you can fight off more special infected, more weapons to try out, better graphics, and more results when you use your weapons.

Assassin's Creed 1&2
What can I say? I immediately fell in love with the game when I played the sequel first, then when I played the 1st version, I still couldn't help but love the story and more!

Bioshock 1&2
Crashing into the middle of the ocean, you manage to swim to a lighthouse on a rock, then going deep into Rapture, another world, you gotta manage to survive, even better when you can become a big daddy, I hope the next game you can choose what you can be, whether it's a human or living a life as a big daddy like in the 2nd, I'll go with the Bouncer Big Daddy and after that I'll try out the Rumbler. This series is not only freaky in its own way, but it is so exciting to play through.

Super Mario Bros. through Super Mario World, SM64, Super Mario Sunshine, Super Mario Galaxy, Super Mario Kart franchise, and Mario Paint
The original, even with the low 8bit graphics is in my opinion a better game with the old style than the remake in All Stars. I still loved the 2nd, even though the whole "conspiracy" behind it, I loved the 3rd by far, such memory, such an improvement, and still for the NES? Insanity! Then we got the SMW, so much awesomeness in this game, I beat it both the regular, long way and through the short cut in Star Road. The Koopalings and the King himself are one of my favorite baddies in all of the gaming industry. The series has always been promising. Even with the sport touches are always fun and I definitely wish to be buying the new Mario Sport Mix up game.

Sonic the Hedgehog 1-3, S&K, and Sonic Adventures 1&2, Sonic Heroes
Gotta love the classics, who doesn't? I also loved playing through the Adventures and Sonic Heroes, the unique team of 3 touch was always fun to go through. This time we can play with Espio as well who is just awesome. I hadn't gotten to play Knuckles and Chaotix though.

My Favourite game is Saints Row 2. Love everything about it.The game is huge, there's loads to do, everything is highly customizable and the variety is amazing.

The Best Game I've played Was Sonic Adventure 2 Battle for the Nintendo Gamecube.
The graphics, the story, the characters, everything was awsome.
The gameplay was just fantastic :'D
I just really like this game! ^^

Pokemon: Its what I grew up with.
Ace Combat 6: Where else can you use a supersonic jet that targets 4 dozen enemy aircraft at once with multiple missile pods.
Battle field Bad Company 1 and 2: The main characters in the Campaign are funny as heck. Plus the large multilayer maps are awesome. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h59k8_HhcOI

Mine has to be Dragon Quest IX, simply because it's a monster game, like Pokemon I guess, I like those sorts of games best. Although the monsters in this one are incredibly well designed, which makes this game the best for me. Although the graphics aren't really that clear and the names of the monsters aren't too creative, it's still a really awesome game.