• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Favourite Disney Song?

Or more specifically, your favorite Musical Song from a Walt Disney Classic.

Like, for instance, mine would probably be Be a Man from Mulan...because I'm a chauvinist pig. Well no, not really; It's just a really catchy song (most of the Disney songs are but for some reason I found mself singing this recently)

On the other hand, if I were to go on a technicality, I'd also pick This is Halloween from The Nightmare Before Chistmas, which is technically not a Disney Classic because it was released under Touchstone pictures rather than by Walt Disney itself. Still, I love singing it every October 31st. It's the most Halloweeny thing I can do where I'm from~

Jack's Lament from The Nightmare Before Christmas though as RX said it isn't exactly Disney.

Never Had a Friend Like Me from Aladdin follows close behind.

Tailon

Gryffindork
My vote has to go to Be Prepared, from The Lion King or He Lives in You from The Lion King 2: Simba's Pride, though it probably helps that The Lion King is the first film I ever saw and understood as a child, I do honestly prefer the songs ^^;

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
RX said:
Like, for instance, mine would probably be Be a Man from Mulan...because I'm a chauvinist pig.

Me too! :'D

Kidding, but it definitely is an awesome song. Easily one of my favourites, too. I have many, many favourite songs from Disney movies though, so I'll try to be as brief as possible.

Reflection from Mulan is also a top favourite of mine. It's as beautiful as "Be a Man" is catchy. A Whole New World from Aladdin is equally pretty, as is Beauty and the Beast from the movie of the same name, Part of Your World from the Little Mermaid, and Circle of Life from the Lion King. To finish off my standalone faves, Why Should I Worry from Oliver and Company is another frelling catchy song.

Lastly... I adore the Tarzan and Brother Bear soundtracks as a whole, both sharing a common denominator. Phil Collins is just an amazing singer and his collections are gorgeous.

Okay, I lied. I also have to give a shout-out to I See the Light from Tangled. It might not yet be as timeless as the others, and maybe it never will be, but at this time I really love it.

Last edited by a moderator:

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
Definitely Be Prepared from The Lion King. Scar's voice is pure evil.

Psycho Monkey

Member of the Literary Elite Four
Hellfire from Hunchback of Notre Dame. How a song about lust and rape got in a Disney movie, I will never know, but it is still an awesome song. An awesome evil song that burns inside me like fire! Hellfire! >:D

D'erm... I'll just list ones that come to mind...

O'Maley the Alley Cat - Aristocats
When You're the Best of Friends - Fox and the Hound
Welcome to the 40 Thieves - Aladdin 3 (I got it when I was three, okay. Nostalgia)
Bella Notte - Lady and the Tramp
Love Goes On and On - Robin Hood
Cruella De Vil - 101 Dalmatians

Movies w/ multiple songs:
Pocahontas (the Indian's intro especially)
The Lion King
Aladdin
Hunchback
Princess and the Frog (jazzzzzzzzz)
Tarzan
Hercules
Beauty and the Beast

Hmm... I'll update if I think of more.
Oh, and they're actually pretty good in other languages too. I've just done German, but you should try it sometime if you're on youtube.

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
The whole Tarzan soundtrack is just beautiful, especially You'll be in My Heart and Son of Man. I love those two songs most of all.

Reflection from Mulan is another favourite, and I really love listening to King of Pride Rock from the Lion King. Even though it's instrumental, it's such a lovely song. Also from the Lion King is of course Circle of Life. I totally cried a little when I saw it preformed in the Musical in London. I was moved :'D

Colours of the Wind from Pocahontas is beautiful~

I was also going to mention the entire soundtrack for Spirit: Stallion of the Cimarron, but I've just realised that it isn't Disney at all :V

... every one is posting really beautiful songs or songs that are just plain pretty or whatever and I'm going to have to just show my full immaturity and post my silly favourites c:

In one way I'm sort of surprised that no one has said many of these, but in another I see that they are quite silly and sing-songy rather than proper songs, nyeheh ♥

Aaanyway,

Gaston from Beauty and the Beast. This song always makes me giggle and it's become a sort of irl meme between my brother and I. (also I saw a pantomime performance of Beauty and the Beast last year and totally fell in love with (the guy playing) Gaston |D)

Hakuna Matata from The Lion King. WHAT A WONDERFUL PHRAAAASE. This song is just loooove and neeeeen and yeah ♥ Can't help but sing along to it whenever I hear it ;o

I can't think of all of them, but another one that comes to mind is Cruella De Vil from 101 Dalmations. I was singing this a few days ago, actually xD

Oh oh, and there's Everybody Wants to be a Cat from Aristocats! I love this so much :'D Because a cat's the only cat who knows where it's aaatttt~ ♥ I learned a dance to this when I was ickle and I just love it ♥

... and maybe more. But yeah. ♥

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Tunolipede said:
... every one is posting really beautiful songs or songs that are just plain pretty or whatever...

I'm personally just a sap for pretty melodies, and Disney movies have hordes of 'em. x3

That said...
Hakuna Matata from The Lion King. WHAT A WONDERFUL PHRAAAASE. This song is just loooove and neeeeen and yeah ♥ Can't help but sing along to it whenever I hear it ;o

I'm surprised more people didn't post this one, too! Now I feel bad for not listing it. It's hard not to love it and the two who sing it. :'D

Last edited by a moderator:
Tunolipede said:
Oh oh, and there's Everybody Wants to be a Cat from Aristocats! I love this so much :'D Because a cat's the only cat who knows where it's aaatttt~ ♥ I learned a dance to this when I was ickle and I just love it ♥
Oh my gosh yes this!

I love it near the end when they're singing this on the piano and they go fall through the building :D

"Everybody! *THUD* Everybody! *THUD* Everybody wants to be a cat!" ;D

/overwhelmingly immature

Why must I be so late with this! Now all my most favorites are already here! Why Should I Worry, Be a Man, Cruella De Vil, Son of Man, Hakuna Matata, Bella Notte, they're all here! And now, I have to fall back onto this

Going onto some unmentioned that deserve to be mentioned though, I'm On My Way - Brother Bear is another amazing example of how Phil Collins made half of Disney come alive, it's a beautiful song that lingers in your mind every time. One of Us - Lion King 2 is a very dramatic, but fairly short, song that leaves you feeling very sympathetic for Kovu, and casts Simba and the other animals in an unusually bad light. Streets of Gold - Oliver and Company is a great song, even if you have to dig on Youtube a bit to get the full song and enjoy its full potential. It would have had a much bigger impact on the movie if it wasn't abridged. And Finally, Eye to Eye - A Goofy Movie is a great song that shows the old days when jumping on stage with the stars doesn't stop the show and get a sue across the face.

Classic Disney is still the best entertainment that there is, and ever will be, on TV, and we are just a handful of the many people out there that still celebrate it.

I forgot Tangled. The phrase "I've Got a Dream" is now not as serious as previous :p.
And Mulan. Lots of good songs there!

The scatting song in Tarzan is so fun too :D. Shoobadooba~
And I forgot how awesome Everybody Wants to Be a Cat was.
For a classic: A Dream is a Wish. It's such a good theme and the use of it throughout the film makes it really memorable. A now favorite of mine is So This is Love. Makes more sense if you've fallen in love ;).

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
Been a while since I've seen a classic Disney movie... XD

Lion King's "Can you Feel the Love Tonight" has always been one of my favorites, along with Mulan's "Reflection". The Little Mermaid's "Part of Your World" is also up there~ Gah, I'm pretty sure I'm in love with some of the songs from Tangled, Pocahontas, and others, but I'm too lazy to google them/look them up right now XD

The ultimate Disney song ever (in my humble opinion) would have to be Part of your World from the Little Mermaid. I loved that movie when I was little. The melody is just so nice, the words almost conversational!