• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Favorite tv show? Maybe a Movie?

The title says it all. What's your favorite Movie/Show? Why? My answer to this question is:

Scrubs
Dear God, that show is heaven in my eyes. I LOVE Scrubs! It is hilarious. Better than The Office, suprisingly.

Horton Hears a Who
Katie randomness FTW! That movie was hilarious. I wouldn't be suprised if it won something...

I have a few shows that I like and probably will post them later.

For now I'll say Heroes. The first season blew me away. It was just so awesome. Then I found the graphic novel in my school's bookstore and I almost just stood right there and started reading it. I loved the illustrations and the characters who's stories didn't make it into the show. Contrary to what many other fans say, I liked the second season too and I was brokenhearted when the writers' strike cut it short. It was just getting good!

Another favorite TV show is Naruto. Only I can't watch it on TV because I don't have cable or satellite right now. Lucky for me I finally found a couple of websites where I can watch dubbed or subbed episodes without worrying about them being deleted. Sure the loading one the sites is so slow I almost died of old age but I have to take what I can get.:)

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
TV show Desperate Housewives. It makes me laugh, the story lines are great and I love the characters. The fourth series just started showing in England last week, though I'm sure the writers strike will effect the amount of episodes etc.

I love Naruto too. I always look forward to downloading it on Fridays mornings. I just think the animation style and story is fantastic. The character development is great too.

Movie Hmmm, don't think I can pick just one. I love 300, Braveheart, Gladiator, Donnie Darko, Dances with Wolves and Dragonheart. I'd have to say they are my favs. The stories of Braveheart and Gladiator just blew me away. Dances with wolves is shot and told fantastically, I think films that retain interest without the 'flashy' effects and big bangs are few and far between. Donnie Darko just beacuse of its randomness and symbolism. 300 for the filming and style - blew me away! And Dragonheart just for being what it is. I've always loved it. Must... save... Draco :'(

If the new Sex and the City movie is anything as good as the series, that will be added to my list :-*

I also love Scrubs. Am working on getting the full set (got Season 6 so far). My other favourite TV shows are Numb3rs, Heroes, and Avatar - Last Airbender (although not having any updates on episodes for 2 months is not good. I need my Avatar fix!)

As for movies, my favourite movie at the moment is...gah...can't think of any. I love so many. The Mummy/Returns, LotR (all three), Horton Hears a Who, The Three Musketeers, 101 Dalmations, and The Bone Collector are just a few.​

Hmm there are some good shows on nowadays so I don't know If I have a favorite but I like
Greek, The Big Bang Theory, Two and a Half Men, American Idol, Friends, Family Guy, Futurama, and some other stuff

Hmm movies, there are a ton I like I don't really have a favorite. I just recently saw 21 and I have to say that is an AMAZING movie, so I guess that counts right now!

TV Show: Firefly - best show in a long time that got tragically cut short
Heroes- a sensation that if you aren't hooked after the first 4 episodes of season one, something is wrong ;)
Naruto- took me a long while to get into it, but once you are in you just can't let go
Pokemon- I know, kinda lame, but it is nice to see how attacks really work in the Pokemon universe

Movies- Matrix trilogy- just for the sheer fact that it shows what is possible inside a virtual environment
The 5th Element- one of my all time favorite movies ever, so epic in every way
too many others that are just really good ;D

Favorite TV show and movie...hmm. A toughie. Well, here are my answers.

TV Show: Mythbusters

Why: They actually test myths I have heard of, and they blow stuff up. It's pretty cool. In one ep, they put explosive in and on a pair of coveralls, and detonated it. It blew the test dummy (Buster) all over the field.

Movie: Gremlins

Why: It's a black comedy, where it is both somewhat creepy (hey, it's only PG-13) when the main character puts the Gremlin in the mixer doohickey (it was the main character's father's invention) and chops the Gremlin up, and it's extremely funny during the bar scene where a few Gremlins were flying off of the working ceiling fan.

TV shows (In no particular order):1) Naruto. The animation is great, so is the storyline and character development. And the action is great. 2) Pokemon...I grew up with it. 3) Bleach.....More in depth and dramatic and Naruto... 4)DragonBall & DragonBall Z...the manga/anime that gave true life to anime/manga...Forget AstroBoy.

Movies: WAAY too many. But my Top 3 are the Pirates of the Carribean Trilogy, FF7: Advent Children, and Horton Hears a Who. The Pirates triology sticks to the Pirate-age-dying factor. Something Disney Productions hardly does is stick with a storyline through 3 movies. I also heard there doin' 3 more, although I don't completely believe it....I partly believe it 'cause (SPOILER ALERT) after the credits on PotC 3 is shows William's and Lizzie's son/daughter...I like FF7 'cause it has the most bad-ass villian, Sephiroth. I like Horton Hears a Who because the voice casting was great (Jim Carrey, Carol Burrnett, Jesse McCartney, and Seth Rogen), it had a good dramatic effect (especially towards the end), and Horton Hears a Who certainly lived up to its reviews. I did have my douts cause they ruined The Cat In The Hat with that movie........

If you ask me, Jesse McCartney should stick with voce acting.....He did pretty good as Roxas, JoJo, and Theodore (in Alvin and The Chipmunks)

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
TV Show: Firefly - best show in a long time that got tragically cut short

I love you.

ANYways, I'm going to avoid "favourite movies" because the topic just seems to give me headaches, but I'll take a stab at TV shows.
Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Might be old and dead now, but overall I'd still say it's likely to be one of my favourite shows of all-time. I'll need to do another marathon of it sometime this summer...
Angel: Same Whedon humor as Buffy, darker themes, a great cast, and some great plots. I want to stab Conner relentlessly, but Angel was a great show and I still love rewatching it.
Firefly: Because I'm on a Whedon-roll here, and the cancellation of Firefly puts me into genocidal rages. A show so great cut short for ridiculous reasons... Even if it is a handful of episodes and a single movie (for now), it was awesome, had awesome plots and great characters, and I love it to bits.
Xena: Warrior Princess: I /have/ to include Xena XD I might not love it as much as some other series, but I'd definitely rewatch it again if given the chance (which is very possible since we own it all on DVD). Many good times with that series...
Dark Angel: I really loved this one, too, even if the way it was finished off left much to be desired (can't really blame them for it, though - the second season just had so much potential). Great plots, interesting characters, and a bit of that Buffy-flare I love with series'. It was great while it lasted.

I think that covers the top of the top for me and live-action TV shows (though I certainly have many more I could list)... I think I'll skip cartoons and Anime here because there's just far too many to list. Of RECENT favorites, though, I would definitely include Avatar: The Last Airbender. I just can't get enough of that series.

Browncoats Unite! ;D

Wow... totally forgot about the whole Xexa/Hurcules sagas, those were just fun to watch. Dark Angel started off great, but near the end there with that virus or whatever was just getting a little stupid. That series had soo much potential but sorta just fizzled out. And Buffy/Angel was very fun to watch. Was more into Angel then Buffy, but meh, they were each enjoyable in their own right.

And according to certain rather reliable sources, Avatar should be coming back with new(ish) episodes within a couple weeks! 'Bout freaking time! That cartoon has soo much good stuff going for it. Can't wait to see what happens at the end. :)

*edited due to newer info*
According to reports from NYCC we will not get to see our Avatar till July! :'(

Favorite Pokemon Movie:pokemon Ranger and the Temple of the Sea
Favorite TV shows:pokemon (all seasons) and Naruto
Favorite Non-pokemon movie:Alvin and the Chipmunks

I haven't watched much though. >>

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
Adding Britains got Talent to my list. Heh, that show makes me laugh so much ::)
Maybe I should review my sense of Humour...

My favorite movie is by far and away "Dark City." A dark, creative movie where a person can levitate objects and change the planet with his mind is so cool!

Alright.

My favorite TV show: Chuck: Dunno if anyone here has ever seen it, it used to be on before Heroes, but the season ended and im not sure if it ever came back on, havent watched much tv lately. I loved it because it was just about this adorable geek squad guy who turns out to have all the info from an important goverment computer in his head.. Funny as hell "spy" sorta show =)

Favorite Movies: I have too many, but some include: Resident Evil (All 3), Employee of the Month, Pokemon (1-3), Shawn of the Dead, Dawn of the Dead, Signs There's wayyy too many to list all of them.

Chuck was awesome and the season ended with the writer's strike, but it did get renewed for next season! :)

Chuck was awesome. Hopefully it will come back. I like NCIS.. a crime thriller kind of show.. & The Unit -- but I think that one got knocked off because of the writer's strike as well. >:(

The title says it all. What's your favorite Movie/Show? Why? My answer to this question is:

Scrubs
Dear God, that show is heaven in my eyes. I LOVE Scrubs! It is hilarious. Better than The Office, suprisingly.

Horton Hears a Who
Katie randomness FTW! That movie was hilarious. I wouldn't be suprised if it won something...
Thank GOD for Scrubs!
as for movie, I LOVE the Looney Toons Movie, "Space Jam". I will never grow out of that.

TV Show: Law and Order. Something about slowly finding out "who dun it" is very entertaining.

Movie: Hot Fuzz. I love Simon Pegg and Nick Frost, and they make a fantastic cop duo in this movie. Great mix of (British) comedy and action.

Movie: Iron Man. THe way Robert Downey Jr. pulled off the look and smart-ass additude of TOny Stark was awesome. It had its fair share of both comedy and action. 'Nuff said.