• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Favorite Rival(s)?

Favorite Rival?

• Blue/Gary (RBY/FRLG)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Silver (GSC/HGSS)

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • May/Brendan (RSE/ORAS)

• Wally (RSE/ORAS)

• Barry (DPPt)

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Cheren (BW)

• Bianca (BW)

• Hugh (B2W2)

• Serena/Calem (XY)

• Shauna (XY)

• Tierno (XY)

• Trevor (XY)

• Hau (SUMO)

• Other (Any ones I potentially missed)

• Total voters
Through out the years we as Pokemon players have had someone we consitantly had to battle, whether it was childhood friends, enemies, or just some jerk who pops out of nowhere to prove he's better than you. The rival.

So recently I've considered "who is the best rival?" Well, in my opinion, it's Silver, but I'll touch on that in a moment.

Now I'm curious what you all think.

If you'd rather just say your favorite than putting your reason why, just pop your answer on the poll. Now, back to my favorite...

Silver is my favorite thanks to his characterization, along with his backstory. First of all, he starts out pretty unlikable. He pushes you away if you attempt to talk to him, then steals a Pokemon from Elm, and appears at terrible times. (Looking at you, Azalea town.) Plus he treats Pokemon like tools. Add that to the list of unlikable character traits...

Anyways, as Lance keeps showing up and telling him off, and the main character keep beating him, he starts to realize perhaps Pokemon aren't the tools he thought they were. This is cemented by him later owning a Crobat, a Pokemon that only evolves via friendship.

Also he's Giovanni's son, which is pretty cool.

I have such a gen 5 bias... oops...

anyway, I love Bianca as a character in herself, and that she gave a much more friendly vibe as a rival. If anything, she was more interested in going on a journey with her friends and watching her friends grow. I liked that about her a lot! and she ended up finding something she really loved, which was researching pokemon!! I loved seeing her grow too.

I liked the Gen 6 rivals. I know some people complained about the number of rivals in XY but I liked how Serena/Calem and Shauna were with you during different parts of the game, especially when you took on Team Flare.