• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Favorite Region

What is your favorite pokemon region?

• Kanto

Votes: 5 8.5%
  • Johto

Votes: 30 50.8%
  • Hoenn

Votes: 14 23.7%
  • Sinnoh

Votes: 10 16.9%

• Total voters
Setting aside parts that are just a drag (ie getting to fortree on foot) Hoenn is my favorite.

This could be due to the increased variety in the towns since gold and silver, and the fact that the routes have quite a bit more variety. If you are playing through for the first time you find a bunch of surprises (sandstorm area, regi caves, floating city etc.) that you would never have thought possible if you just came fo GS.

I like all the regions equally, and I'll explain why:

Kanto-It's the most historical region for me, I remember getting through Rock Tunnel and thinking that a huge achievement, and I like Kanto's safari zone for all the rare Pokemon there, Scyther, Ryhorn, etc.
Johto-I like Johto for the same nostalgic regions as Kanto, but also because it has the most unique gym leaders out off all four regions, every other region starts with rock but in Johto, it's that badass ninja guy Falkner with the Mud-Slapping Pidgeotto at level nine. And the antagonist looks cool.
Hoenn-I love the Hoenn region simply for it's diverse areas and beauty, it also has the best music. I found myself just sitting there with my Gameboy Advance SP with Ruby in it, and I'm just running around Slateport listening to the cool song. I also like a lot of the Pokemon you can find there at early levels, Ralts, Poocheyena, Wingull, Seedot, Slakoth.
Sinnoh-I also like Sinnoh for it's beauty, but not nearly as much for it's plot line and all the cool stuff you can do. And my favorite Pokemon, Luxray, which I always have quick access to early on in the game. (Shinx) Sinnoh also has the coolest gym set ups and Elite Four lineup. Lucien is awesome. :D

I thought hoenn was pretty intresting (i mean two people wanted to kill everyone and create a better land for pokemon) and the pokemon were well rounded in that region. plus the music was a thing of beauty ;D

I will always love hoenn because of how diverse all the different towns were. A volcano, floating city, city in the trees, a city you have to enter from underwater and the first game to have a hot spring you can go into. ahh Lavaridge ;D

Sinnoh is by far my favourite. I found the mythological factors very interesting. Diamond was also the first game I bought after I got back into the series.