• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Favorite Region

What is your favorite pokemon region?

• Kanto

Votes: 5 8.5%
  • Johto

Votes: 30 50.8%
  • Hoenn

Votes: 14 23.7%
  • Sinnoh

Votes: 10 16.9%

• Total voters

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
Nnn. I'd have to say either Hoenn or Sinnoh. I've grown very fond of Hoenn when it was revealed, and I think that on the whole, I've played the advanced generation games more than any of the others. I just love the region.

But I've also grown a huge liking for Sinnoh, with its forests and mountains and waterfalls and what have you, though. I think I still like Hoenn more for nostalgic reasons, but... yeah. XD

I'd have to say Johto, mainly because I'm partial to Dragons and the legends/myths of that region.

After Johto, I'm not really sure. I like both Kanto and Hoenn, but then there is also Sinnoh and Orre. They're all interesting, in their own way.

I'm a Sinnoh fan all the way. I haven't quite figured out why yet, but when I do, I'll be sure to tell you. I mean, as for Pokemon sets, I really like Hoenn the best. So, must be something to do with the layout of the land. Like, if I were in the Pokemon world, I'd live in Sinnoh. It seems that it would be nice and cool year-round.

I'm more-so akin to Orre than any of the other regions.

Mostly because of the amazing Pokemon you can "catch" in Orre.

Johto was a dust bowl. There was nothing beyond grass and rock there. :(

Hoenn is the stereotypical middle child of pokemon. The majority seems to either ignore it or hate it. I, for one, think Hoenn is a magnificent region as a whole. the geographic features of the region, such as Meteor Falls and Mount. Chimeny, always astounded me. (The entire landmass probably was underwater at one point in time, given the way the caves and beaches are dug out. That's why most is still below sea level, the sea is still receeding!) And, by the way, swimming over an undersea trench? Win. That's probably my favorite scenery in ANY pokemon game.

They also have Astronomy and Meteorology departments that do not include Team Galactic. A+++.

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
Johto was the weakest of all regions to me, mostly because it didn't feel as much of a 'region' of its own right as much as it felt like an expansion pack of Kanto.

Also, Orre doesn't count. >>;

That was probably the only issue i had with Johto. And i do not think that Hoenn was much overlooked, quite the contrary at least at my school where i am the only non-hoenn freak. My love for Johto has a lot to do with nostalgia but, i adore almost every pokemon from there, and I think the reason they put it next to Kanto was to give the game more life and re playability which i thought worked very well

Psycho Monkey

Member of the Literary Elite Four
I'm all for Hoenn. I loved exploring Hoenn above all other regions because the geography and towns were so beautiful and so new compared to Kanto and Johto before it. Also, I hate the cold so Hoenn's climate would be perfect for me if I were to live in the Pokemon World.

On top of the that, the native Pokemon were so new and refreshed from what we already had. Only two of the Pokemon introduced in Hoenn were baby forms of already existing Popkemon while the rest were original ideas. Unlike Sinnoh where 30% of the Pokedex is made up of baby Pokemon and evolutions of already existing species.

After Crystal Version I was done with the Pokemon series, but Sapphire brought me back. It is all thanks to Hoenn that I sit here now.

Alright, I'm don rambling now.

I loved Johto the most, because it reminded me of Kanto while still being a new region at the same time. I prefer the locations and the Pokemon there, too.

Kanto is my second favorite, because it's a classic - it's what got me addicted to Pokemon in the first place.

Wow Kanto is getting no love

I do enjoy Hoenn the R/S/E games were probably some of the strongest games in the series But i am not much of a fan of Sinnoh their are almost no fire pokemon in the region, their are no sandshrews, and i just don't like most of the pokemon there. But that is just my opinion

I've really come to like Sinnoh, just so interesting. In the end however, I have to go with an oldie and a goody, Kanto.
Though I kind of wish they had named it Indigo. But whatevers.

I like Hoenn for its scenery. Tall grass, oceanic routes, underwater caves, tropical forests (TROPIUS!), and Slateport.
Sinnoh is ok for me but it just seems too cold and muddy (seriously that's the most brown I've seen in any region), not to mention that I've nevr been too fond of the caves in Pokemon games and that's what cuts the rehgion in half. But I do like the area around Floroma(?) Town (Eterna Forest is my favorite forest in any region so far)
Kanto has trainers that line themselves up in a maze waiting for you. It feels hostile nowadays...
Johto is just nostalgic, so... (and I liked the forest area there too)

I really can't pick anymore because I adore Johto, Hoenn, and Sinnoh all equally. I picked Johto for the sake of the poll though.

Johto for the nostalgia because the first Pokemon rpg I ever finished was Silver. I also love that Johto just feels so home-like. It's just such a shame that Kanto is always tacked onto it like that annoying cousin who follows you around everywhere. Also Goldenrod City = win. Hoenn for just the environment and climate alone. It's warm and sunny and has lots of coastline (it feels like Florida a little). I also really love the Pokemon of Hoenn. It was most definitely not overlooked--that was Johto. Sinnoh just seems like the most beautiful of all the regions despite the fact that it's cooler.

All of these regions have interesting locations and awesome cities, so yeah. No picking for me anymore XD

I feel like everybody loves Johto, but I like Sinnoh the best. I kind of want to like Kanto since I'm from the actual Kanto region, but they didn't model any of the cities after Shibuya, so I feel less bad. :p

I probably would have said Hoenn a couple of months ago, but I would say Johto. The HeartGold SoulSilver shabang really got me liking Johto. I has so many awesome pokemon!

For a while it was Kanto with the Sevii Islands. But on Wedensday me and my best-friend were SRing for Rayquaza. Finally at like 11 it was shiny. Thus Hoenn is now my favorite region.

Ooh, this is a difficult one!

Put it this way - which region has the most to do? Kanto and Johto were simple and you could get around to where you wanted easily, but there were side-quests as well. With the Sevii Islands for LG/FR, you had a lot more to roam about in. Personally, I think that they qualify as in the Kanto region, since they're obviously alot more close. However, in Gold, Silver and Crystal, as well as Johto, there is Kanto. This is two regions, meaning that the game has more. Move up a generation, and we have Hoenn. A fairly big region, however, no other regions to go to. Apart from Faraway Island, Navel Rock and Birth Island, there's nowhere else. Then Emerald came out with the Battle Frontier, and this was a very nice thing. Move up another region, and it's Sinnoh. Again, no other regions to go to, it was slightly more boring than Hoenn. However, with the Underground and the Wi-Fi connection, there's alot more possibilities!

A possible speculation here, in HeartGold and SoulSilver, with the ability to go to Kanto, who knows, the Sevii Islands will be back! Only time can tell.

So, to answer the question, Johto. Ability to transverse to another region, and possibly, the ability to go to the Sevii Islands!

baratron

Moderator of Elder Scrolls
Staff member
I, for one, think Hoenn is a magnificent region as a whole. the geographic features of the region, such as Meteor Falls and Mount. Chimeny, always astounded me. (The entire landmass probably was underwater at one point in time, given the way the caves and beaches are dug out. That's why most is still below sea level, the sea is still receeding!) And, by the way, swimming over an undersea trench? Win. That's probably my favorite scenery in ANY pokemon game.

Me too. All of this. I was disappointed with Fire Red & Leaf Green because Sapphire was the first Pokemon game I played, so I was expecting FR & LG to be similar in scope. But the Kanto region is so simplistic in layout - with the bolt-on Sevii Islands which are more annoying than anything else. There's good stuff on those islands, but the need to take boats half the time because you can't always Fly... argh.

I also think that Hoenn had the best music. The part where you're walking through the ash to collect enough to make a flute (I think it's Route 113)? I really love that music.

I love Diamond & Pearl and especially Platinum as games, but I don't like the Sinnoh region as much as Hoenn.

Finally, as Hoenn was the first region I played, if it hadn't been for that, I wouldn't be on this site now...

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
Hoenn all the way, because it was the first region I was totally exposed to. Plus most of my favorite Pokemon were there. I guess the only reason why I loved it was because of the geography and the Pokemon Contests and I loved how there was rivalry between Team Magma and Aqua. XD

I haven't really seen much of Johto so I can't say anything about it.

As for Kanto and Sinnoh... Kanto was pretty good, and stuffs. I liked a lot of things about it when it first came out because, you know, it was the first region. Sinnoh was... meh. I didn't like how they did the contests, Galactic could go die imo, and the new evolution methods/formes for Pokemons killed me to make me like it. The only reason why I may even like it a bit was because of the Pal Park feature.

So yeah, voting Hoenn. :D

I've never acutally experienced what Johto's like, so that's one out of the question...

Kanto doesn't seem... unique to me. There isn't anything amazing like there is in Hoenn and Sinnoh, so not Kanto...

Now for the hard bit. I love both Hoenn and Sinnoh, mainly for the different features in each region. I love the Snowpoint City area, Mount Cornet dividing the land in two and the marshes (as annoying as they are). It makes the region unique. But...as Psycho said, most of the pokemon are evo's or baby forms of old ones. And I really hate most of the Pokemon in the region. So no, not Sinnoh.

Hoenn is just win. I can't think of anything I don't like about it, execpt maybe the lack of snow. But there's the ice cave so it's covered. The trench is just *mind blows just from thinking about it* and the Pokemon there are just win x 100000000 to the power of 7! (Yes the ! should be there.) Most of my favourite Pokemon come from the region and every part of it is just awesome, so Hoenn's my vote.

And Emerald was my first game so that helps a lot.

Kanto is a very good region. However, like Aura, I found it not ver unique. To much like real life I suppose. And I play Pokemon to get away from real life, not to run towards it.

I haven't played through Johto in what seems like forever. I didn't count it in my vote because of this. However, now that I think of it, I do have a soft spot for Johto. It is a very basic region but it's layout is perfect. Plus, the Pokemon introduced in this region are amazing to me.

I vote Hoenn because it was the most unique. From ashy volcanos, to deserts, and underwater trenches, Hoenn had it all. I miss the good 'ole days of Hoenn. *sigh* I think I'll pick up Emerald sometime this week...

Sinnoh is an amazing region. It's very mountain-ish and the snow was beautiful. (Even though it got on my last nerve... gr!) I dislike the ammount of caves though.

I rank the regions as follows: (highest first)

johto - got very special memories for me
Sinnoh - got a bit of everything
kanto - the first region
hoenn - in my mind it did'nt stand out but still was good
orre - very differnt from the others but we didn't get to see enough of the region

kanto was old skool,
johto was pretty bad ass(Typhlosion second fav PKMN),
i really liked hoenn cause of blaziken being my fav PKMN,
but sinnoh has all the newst pokemon evolutions and like to move forward in life, ya get what im sayin'?

You guys can say that Hoenn, Johto, and Sinnoh have better things...but ask yourself this, which one did you play first and loved first?

I'm Kanto all the way.

I love them all for different reasons.

Kanto, well, because it's classic. It's when Ash didn't sound like a girl and there are some great trainers and stuff there (hooray for Fuschia City's Safari Zone :D).

Johto, because it has some awesome Pokemon and because Gold was my first game. Nearly all my favorite Pokemon reside there. Espeon, Umbreon, Xatu, Furret, Cyndaquil... Plus there is an area specifically for DRATINI. Dratini evolves into Dragonite, another one of my favorite Pokes.

My favorite region is Johto because the land scape is so diverse. there is everything from caves to islands and from lakes to forests, and all of the towns have a lot of culture.

Personaly I think Jhoto is the best reigon, I mean look at the poll's results so far!
Also it's just cool. As you can see from my note under my avatar...
Gimme mah Jhoto! ;D

My favorite is Johto. Probably because I feel nostalgic. I haven't played Gold or Silver in ages. I can't wait for the remakes. Sinnoh is probably my 2nd favorite.

Hoenn will always be my favorite

(Namely because of Gardevoir, the three kick-aXX legendaries, the first bikes with different speeds, contest, and the Battle Frontier.

Hoenn has been my favorite for a long time. It's basically the only region in which I actually took pleasure in depositing my flying Pokemon and walking everywhere, even after I'd played through everything.

Come to think of it however, I never actually played through the Johto version fully. I was able to borrow it from a friend, but I never managed to get all the way through the game before he asked for it back. Thus, I have no idea if this would hold true for the Johto version for me as well.