• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Favorite NPC?

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
Sun and Moon have some absolutely amazing and memorable NPCs, and it's one of the many reasons why this game is probably my second favorite Pokemon game (nothing can beat Emerald, sorry). Obviously, spoilers will be ahead, but that's what spoiler tags are for, yeah?

So, moving on!

Overall Favorite:

170px-Sun_Moon_Lillie.png

Yes, Lillie. Her design is cute as fuck and I find her very relatable. I'm convinced she's married to my player character, but eh.

I also love her redesign after she, Gladion, Hau, and the PC confront Lusamine at the Aether Foundation. And she's a lot preppier! Her character development is really awesome and when she calls out Lusamine for being an absolute bitch of a mother, I was screaming and yelling so hard. You go, girl!

Favorite Captain:
200px-VSAcerola.png

(I don't think there's Sugimori art of her yet)

Acerola is so adorable and she's a terrible actress, and she has some of the funniest expressions throughout the game. Her trial was also pretty fun. I just... love her so much. Just, cute ghost enthusiast. What's not to love?

The whole time she was helping out Lillie on Ula'ula made me like her even more. Despite her childish demeanor, she's very responsible and knows how to take care of others. And when she showed up as part of the E4, I was very surprised!

Favorite Kahuna:
200px-Sun_Moon_Olivia.png

This was pretty tough since I love all the Kahunas for their own reasons, but just... Olivia! Olivia is such a fucking badass and has one of the best designs in the game, period. I love her semi-aloof motherly nature, and the fact she runs a jewelry store is really awesome given her type specialization.

Other NPCs:
243px-Sun_Moon_Gladion.png

Edgelord Gladion has a special place in my heart for reasons similar to why I love Lillie, but in particular I find his part of the story and personality even more relatable than her. His battle style is also pretty hilarious because of how... wannabe edgy it is. I can't tell if I want to laugh at him or cry and hug him.

In particular, unlike Lillie, he never really forgives Lusamine, and his whole thing about having run away from home really strikes a chord with me. I really see a lot of myself in him and maybe that's why I feel for him. He also quite obviously cares for his sister, though he's fairly awkward about it and kinda comes off as distant because of it. Doesn't make his whole Edgelord personality less silly, but yeah.

Burnet_Dream_Radar.png

Burnet! I was not expecting to see her in Sun and Moon (I actually forgot her whole thing with the Dream World and stuff to be honest, but I knew her design looked familiar), but I'm really glad I did. I adore her design, and she's so lovey-dovey with Kukui it's actually really adorable. Her motherly instincts to help and protect Lillie also made me love her that much more. She's awesome.

252px-Sun_Moon_Plumeria.png

Plumeria is really amazing; despite being on the usual Bad Team of a Pokemon game, she still holds a very reasonable side and knows when to back off when her underlings/siblings/what have you are in trouble. The fact that she cares so much for them is actually very touching; you can tell she considers them her family. I wish we got to see more of her and got to know her better; hopefully that's fixed in the third game (if we even get one).

Also, multicolored pigtails are a major weakness of mine. Just thought I'd let everyone know.

Okay so Hau, Lillie and Gladion are all my children and I love them and. mmmMMMMMM they all developed so well and I'm gonna yell.

Now, while I'm very much MAD gay for Olivia I've actually gotta say my favorite kahuna is Nanu. He's old, bitter and just done with life but doesn't shirk his responsibilities and may even have a word of wisdom to say here and there. Plus for all of his aloofness, he actually gets along pretty well with everyone, even Team Skull. He's just a guy I feel I can relate to pretty well.

As far as captains go, Acerola is pretty precious. I also thought Lana and her tiny fibbing mouth was pretty funny. I also had a small chuckle at that stoner chick on Poni island who gives you a fairy crystal and then just fucks right off. She had a pretty nice design too, and I look forward to seeing more of her in the postgame.

And honestly? Sun/Moon jut has a really great supporting cast. Like I said, in another thread, this is in stark contrast to the cardboard shitfest that was XY, where I just didn't give a damn about anyone. I'm so glad GameFreak really stepped up their game this time around.

First, I wanna just say that I might as well quote Shiny's post because LITERALLY SAME TO EVERYTHING

Burnett straight up is one of my favorite NPCs of all time, and I was so stoked to see her here! I love Kukui and all, but I would be totally down for her being the Alolan professor. Just give me more Burnett. All of the Burnett. And her new design is ♥

I initially thought either Lana or Mallow would be my favorite trial captain, but after actually playing the game, it hands down goes to Acerola. That girl gets me and has probably the most enjoyable trial. Special shout out to Mina for being just so trippy and out there and I love that.

I'm gonna add "favorite appearance of an older gen character" and throw that to Anabel because she was one of my absolute favorite Frontier Brains and now she's back and better than ever. Also cool how they kept two of the three 'mons from her old team(understandable that she wouldn't have an Entei this time around), and did I mention that I just really love Anabel

Lillie is best girl. That is all.

Plumeria is bae af kthxbai

20161126_145610.jpg

Make way for a very special boy.

Last edited:
my favorite npcs ... how do i even pick ... ?

gotta say guzma is pretty high on my list . in fact , probably the entirety of team skull . they gave me so many good laughs as i played , and i was a little sad that i had to beat them . i love their designs too ! and "YO BOI GUZMA" is probably my favorite team leader now , now making archie second . hes just a lot of fun .

i also love hau and lillie !!!! they are so so so sweet ! they annoyed me at first , but they both really grew on me . i think a lot of heart was put into them , and i can tell .

but these two are the best npcs of all time

0cb.png

I think my favorite NPCs are probably Lillie, Hau, Guzma, Nanu, and Wicke.

I really don't dislike any NPC in Sun/Moon though...

...Except Lusamine. FUCK Lusamine.

I've never actually played the games before, and I can't keep up with the FORTY STINKIN' EPISODES *Ahem* that MunchingOrange and other PokeTubers have uploaded, but my favorite character (I THINK) would have to be Gladion. He just reminds me of Silver so much! #JohtoObsessions #NoShame And yeah, I'll admit it, I think he's cute. I mean, COME ON! Who doesn't love an angsty teen(Sister Location reference) with a bucket-headed dragon?

Lillie was my favorite NPC, and probably will be again by the time I finish the main story, but at the moment I have to say that Prof. Kukui's is currently my favorite character in Sun & Moon. Click here for the full explanation:
While I still get annoyed with all of the times he says "Yeah" or "Wow" at the end of nearly EVERY SINGLE SENTENCE, he won me over on Ula'ula Island when he was talking about why he wanted to build the Alola League. Even though he respects Alola's traditions and customs, he wants to build a League to show the Pokémon World how great their region is, and how he wants to help trainers and their pokémon to grow together and be the best that they can possible. Though it may not have necessarily related to the plot with Team Skull or the Ultra Beasts, this was the first time since probably Gen V that I was moved by a character in a Pokémon game and I honestly gained a lot of respect for Prof. Kukui when I first saw this. Plus, when you combine that with how he acts like a father to everyone and the fact that he's married to Prof. Burnet, I think Prof. Kukui has now become my favorite regional professor in the entire Pokémon franchise.

I'm still not sure who my favorite trial captain is though since they're all so quirky and well-rounded that it's almost impossible to decide. If anything, it would have to be a three-way tie between Lana, Acerola, & Mina.

Last edited:
Hello I now have a harem between Lillie, those two female Grunts in the bedroom, and the one female Grunt on the patio roof that asks you whether the setting felt romantic despite it being a massive rainstorm and the possibility of one slipping off and breaking their neck.

I also absolutely loved Wicke when I saw her design, and after beating the main story and catching all the legendaries, I can honestly say that I still love her, 10/10 best mom friend.