• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Favorite Mega Evolution/Pokemon you want Mega Evolved.

Corion

Formerly Stewie
In this thread, you can post your favorite Mega Evolution from X and Y, and Pokemon you think deserve/need a Mega Evolution.

My favorite so far is Garchomp. I have had my Garchomp since Platinum version, and it has been a powerhouse sweeper. I loved the design for it. It was just so badapple!

The Pokemon I think needs a Mega Evolution is Luxray. I used Luxray during my Platinum version as well, and it was a powerhouse as well. It has a lot of potential for a Mega Evolution.

Post your ideas below! :)

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
My favourite Mega Pokemon won't come as a shock to anyone that knows me, but Mega Manectric easily claims the crown. And not for any reason beyond the fact that Manectric is my favourite Pokemon. I do like the appearance of Mega Manectric though, it looks like an angry thunderbolt with painted nails... what's not to like? xD I do also really like Mega Kangaskhan (love the baby!), Mega Abomasnow and both versions of Mega Charizard.

I really wanted Druddigon to get a Mega Evolution, to me it's very deserving of one. And Sceptile.

Burgundy

Formerly SuperSableye24
I generally like all of the Mega Evolutions, but my favorite's would have to be Mega Pinsir, Heracross, Gardevoir, and Manectric. I really like their designs, and I love how they not only brought attention to popular Pokémon, like Gardevoir and Heracross, but also to Pokémon who aren't as popular, like Pinsir, Manectric, etc.

As for Pokémon that I wish had a Mega Evolution, any Gen 5 Pokémon. It's really weird how they just ignored Gen 5. I guess it just wasn't as popular as earlier regions.

As for Pokémon that I wish had a Mega Evolution, any Gen 5 Pokémon. It's really weird how they just ignored Gen 5. I guess it just wasn't as popular as earlier regions.

I don't think it has to do with popularity. In general, it seems that this generation, they are trying to bring back Pokemon from the first 5 generations. For newer players, they get to use the original Pokemon that they may have never used or heard of before. For long-time players, it offers them the chance to use their old favorites again, and in 3D. Generation V was the previous generation, so they probably did not feel the need to include Mega Evos for them. And if you think Generation IV was very recent, consider the fact that Diamond and Pearl came out in 2006 and 2007- 7 to 8 years ago. With this, and the massive Pokedex, plus the inclusion of the original Kanto starters, it all contributes to this "new beginning," satisfying both old and new players. It also shows off its new 3D Pokemon as much as possible.

Corion

Formerly Stewie
I generally like all of the Mega Evolutions, but my favorite's would have to be Mega Pinsir, Heracross, Gardevoir, and Manectric. I really like their designs, and I love how they not only brought attention to popular Pokémon, like Gardevoir and Heracross, but also to Pokémon who aren't as popular, like Pinsir, Manectric, etc.

Yeah, I never understood that either. They skipped gen 6 as well.

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
I was kind of ambivalent about most, if not all of the mega evolutions when they were first revealed, but now I really like a lot of them. Let's see...

-Gengar
-Kangaskhan
-Ampharos
-Houndoom
-Blaziken
-Gardevoir
-Mawile
-Banette
-Absol

As for Pokemon who I would like to see having Mega Evolutions in the future, I do agree with the notion of having some Gen V Pokemon be able to have some. Gen VI as well, though I have a slight bias towards Gen V XD I'd love to see Raichu get one as well, along with Flygon, Sandslash, Lanturn, Luxray, and other starters. ♥

My top 3 are Mega Ampharos, Blastoise, and Houndoom(not necessarily in that order). Other than that, there are a few that I like, but not much.

As for which Pokemon I was hoping to see a Mega Evolution for...well, there's the other Hoenn starters. I'd also heard of a Mega Galvantula and Druddigon(which sadly didn't happen).

Well, I've loved Scizor ever since it started existing - it just looks so cool, and finding out how good it actually is was just icing on the cake. So the fact that it got a mega evolution that looks AWESOME (some look pretty silly, IMO) just makes my day.

I've loved Lucario since achieving him in Diamond, and from there he's always been my Chucky. Yes, that was his nickname.
But to see him all grown up in X/Y with a Mega Evolution! Man, I was happy.
I also like what they did with Mega Kangaskhan. I haven't obtained one yet, but just looking at that baby fighting makes me happy! I always used Kangaskhan is Stadium.

As for a Pokemon I want to evolve, Swampert and Sceptile. They made Blaziken a Mega Evolution, so I want to see these guys get one.

Corion

Formerly Stewie
I've loved Lucario since achieving him in Diamond, and from there he's always been my Chucky. Yes, that was his nickname.
But to see him all grown up in X/Y with a Mega Evolution! Man, I was happy.
I also like what they did with Mega Kangaskhan. I haven't obtained one yet, but just looking at that baby fighting makes me happy! I always used Kangaskhan is Stadium.

As for a Pokemon I want to evolve, Swampert and Sceptile. They made Blaziken a Mega Evolution, so I want to see these guys get one.
I could trade you a Kangaskhan. ;D

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
I haven't used a good majority of the Mega Pokemon yet but of the ones that I have used, my favourite is Mega Gengar overall. I love both its stat-spread and design. Beyond that I really like both Mega Lucario and Mega Houndoom design-wise. Both of them look excellent. ♥

It goes without saying that I'd love to see a Mega Raichu, simply to see what they'd actually do with its design. I'd also like to see more of the starter final evolutions receive mega forms for equality purposes. Ignoring the Charizard favoritism, I understand the rationale behind the three Kanto starters receiving mega evolutions but not so much with Blaziken compared to Swampert and Sceptile. Maybe those two already have mega evolutions though? Time will tell.

Random others that I'd like to see Mega Evolve: Snorlax, Steelix, Camerupt, Tropius, Lapras, Lanturn, Starmie. It doesn't mean much now but I would have preferred seeing Flygon with a mega evolution instead of Garchomp, too.

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
I'd say my favourite Mega Evolutions currently are MegaVenusaur and MegaGarchomp. MegaVenusaur's stats combined with Thick Fat removing his Ice and Fire weaknesses mean he effectively screws anything whose STAB he resists since they likely won't carry an attack that he's weak to, and his bulk and offensive power will result in your gruesome demise. MegaGarchomp I like just because I'm quite fond of mixed attackers, and Garchomp's Mega Evolution allows him to transition from quick physical striker to slower but bulkier mixed attacker, which can surprise people used to seeing Garchomp use nothing but physical attacks.

As for Pokemon I'd like to see get Mega Evolutions, I feel the other two Hoenn starters currently deserve them more than anything else right now. I don't know why Swampert and Sceptile were left out in the first place while Blaziken alone got a Mega Evolution that he really didn't need since his Speed Boost set is insanely strong already.

I believe they don't must make Mega Evolution because old pokémon are so fantastic and mega evolution aren't so beautfiul

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
I believe they don't must make Mega Evolution because old pokémon are so fantastic and mega evolution aren't so beautfiul

3f5a00acf72df93528b6bb7cd0a4fd0c.jpeg

I was pretty excited when I found out Ampharos got a Mega Evolution that was just fabulous! It's the final evolution of my favorite Pokemon, and from what I've read on Serebii, it's decent. I just need to get my hands on a Mareep in X and train it to be the best bald, dragony-sheepy fabulousness ever. However, I was pretty disappointed that no Kalos Pokemon got ME'd at all. That would have been a great way to promote the region's offerings. In my opinion, having a mega of any of those would have been quite nice indeed.

Now that the Hoenn remakes are confirmed, any ideas for possible new megas? (I assume that there *will be* new megas and items and they will be patched in so that XY can recognize them.)

From the original Hoenn pokedex in particular I think that mega sceptile and swampert are pretty much a given. It would be cool to see mega flygon, mega machamp or mega golem, going by previous patterns. I'm biased but I'd love to see mega metagross or salamence as far as semi-needless pseudolegendary megas go, haha. Mega ninetales/arcanine would be cool, or mega ludicolo/shiftry. I'd also like to see some weak pokemon get cool megas like masquerain or sharpedo.

With the Hoenn remakes confirmed, I now see Latios's and Latias's ME's on the non-hacked side of things, so I've taken some interest into them.

I've already stated who I want to evolve, but we need more Hoenn ME's. C'MERE MEGA LINOONE!

Last edited:
I think my top 5 favorite mega Pokémon just based off their design & power will be... (not in order)
Blastoise: Design looks so cool with the three cannons:love:. Just wish that they made him become; part Steel.
Ampharos: Becomes a Dragon type....and looks fabulous<.>
Charizard {X}: Becomes black with blue flames oh and finally becomes a Dragon type, a black dragon8)
Tyranitar: Becomes Super Mega Godzilla:-O
Scizor: Feet/face loses some of its cool factor, but redeems itself with its new power upgrade:)

One Pokémon I want to see get a mega just because I know it can work, will be Ninetales. Mega Ninetales could change into a Fire/Ghost type, and her moves set would really work well with being part Ghost.
Also if they do Ninetales, then they must also do Mega Arcanine. Make him Fire/Fairly so even the legendary Dragon Pokémon will be scare of this beast.

Last edited:
I think my two personal favourites are Mawile and Banette

As for what I'd like to see (hopefully in OR/AS) is Sableye, Cacturne, Crawdaunt, Exploud, Delcatty, Relicanth and Huntail/Gorebyss

My favorite mega evolution has to be mega pinsir...it's a flying jet-bug that's not a butterfly, why shouldn't i like it?!
I wouldn't like to see any more mega evolutions. I mean, just look at what they did with mewtwo x!

From what I have tested my favorite so far is megaheracross. I loved the pokemon to start but now I can run a completely different set to mix things up. Works quite well.

Pokemon I would love to see get a Mega:
- Ludicolo, that typing with a big boost in stats and a potentially great ability. Fingers crossed for something like Natural Cure or Regenerator to amplify the defensive style of certain Ludicolo builds.

- Hariyama, my favorite fighting type Pokemon and he is so overlooked. One of the rare fighting types able to run a more varied build then close combat + elemental punches and variants there of. A boost in his attack and HP as well as defensive stats for the mega. guts and Thick Fat are both great abilities as it is but something like Huge power, Intimidate or Mold Breaker could all be nice fits. Scrappy could be hilarious as well.

My least favorite is mega garchomp, its head gets so weird looking and my favorite is Mega Manectric. The lightning bolt on it looks cool and more mega evolutions should be: Milotic, sableye, mightyena, ludicolo, swellow and more.

My favorite mega in terms of performance is Slowbro, and in terms of looks is Banette. I hope that either Lanturn or Braviary get Megas someday

Panstyx

Formerly ShinyFlareon123
That's hard, but I'd say..... either (and I know these are both cliche choices) CharizardX or Lucario. I want to see either all eeveelutions get a mega or all HM slaves (if not, just furret will do).