• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Faves of Shino?

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Out of all of the current Shino Pokemon revealed thus far, which are your favourites?

Going by looks and the small amts of info we currently have on 'em, my faves so far are Buoysel, Pachirisu, Munchlax (Baby Snorlax. 'Nuff said), Lucario and Perap. All five are Pokes I really want to catch and train my first play through, but evolutions of them or the others could easily change my plans. As Stel pointed out, what if the new Grass-type evolves into something neat like Shroomish to Breloom?

I'm just crossing my fingers that any of the "early" catches don't pay for it with their stats. If they end up with final stats like Nidoking/Golem/even Raichu there'll be nothing to worry about (at least for in-game purposes).

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
Bouysel. 'nuff said. That thing is way too farkin' cute. Lucario's also awesome.

I kinda like Pachirisu (even though it is a chu lookalike to some degree... It's a squirrel, dernit.) and Perap (although with it being revealed to be part normal... Eh.) And think the new legendaries are bloody farkin' cool (Even though they look kinda, as Kel defined them, "PokeMon Genesis Evangelion". xD)

And yeah. I want to see more Gen4 pokes before i establish my 'favorites' of them.

I love 'em ALL. Seriously. Except...maybe not Tamanta.

Diaruga could stomp a Rayquaza into the dust.
Parukia could wrestle a Groudon to the ground.
Cherimu's gonna have awesome evolutions.
Dorapion is AN ACCORDION. FTW!
Pachirisu has the cutest teeth. ^_^
Manaphy has flippers. ^_^
Buoysel has a frickin' propeller-butt. Best. Means of transportation. Ever.
Perap has some serious attitude in Sugimori's latest rendition.
Munchlax is like a miniature me.
Lucario is a Pokémon version of Neo.
Bonsly is gonna make one of my favourite Johto Pokémon even better.
Mime Jr. is gonna make one of my favourite Kanto Pokémon even better.
Weavile's got some serious style and is so...mischievious.

Now that you've skipped reading all that, I'll say that Dorapion is my favourite Shino Pokémon so far.

Last edited by a moderator:
'd have to say Mucnhlax by far. That seems to be my favorite pokemon of all time as of now. I know it has alot of hype but ever since I was little I would think "If Pokemon was real, which would be my Pikachu (in reference to Ash's)?" I would always immediatly think Snorlax but then I would realize it wouldnt move and it be way too big. In short Munchlax is the perfect solution. I also like Weavil due to me always liking Sneasel. I dont like the name Weavil....It reminds me of Weedle and Yu-Gi-Oh. x_X

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
I personally think that Parukia is the result of an unholy orgy of Lugia, Registeel, Groudon, Blaziken and Deoxys through a drunk night together. Unbreedable legendaries my split-edged tail. >_>

Still nifty looking, but yeah. >_>

Now, advanceshipper, why'd you have to go and completely kill Stel's good joke? I LIKED his joke. And now...there's nothing left. >:(

Dorapion and Electabuzz v2 have my top two spots now.

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
I see you have some kind of a penchant for fugly creatures. ^^; Granted, Dorapion isn't all bad - I mean, it's meh but otherwise okay. But that tank-headed monstrosity... Eh.

Also, I've noticed that Diaruga's head seems to have a huge pencil growing out of it. >_>

Dorapion and Electabuzz v2 have my top two spots now.

What a coincidence - they're my favorites right now as well. I mean, sure, Sudowoodo and Mr. Mime, two of my favorite Pokemon, have pre-evolutions, but damn.

Incidentally, Dorapion reminds me of a Titany. Makes sense, kinda, since some people from the EB development crew went on to work with Game Freak.

I'd have to say Rozureido, cherimu,mime jr., and korobooshi. I plan to get cherimu as one of my beginning pokemon. heh! I just can't get over how much korobooshi looks like a mayor, it's freaking adorable.

M

mewchu

[Hi im new but can I join in because I have info on Bonsly and Mime Jr. Bonsly is exlusive to pearl and Mime Jr is exclusive to Diamond. 8)

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Anyone can join in, regardless if they're new or not ^^;

We actually already reported that info on the main site news, and it's off-topic here. That'd be better left to the D/P news thread ;p

Either way, welcome Mewchu :)

Heh, is this interruption nazi image deserved?

Anyways, the only really cool looking new one Ive seen so far is that baby mantine. It just seems cool. Unlike that possible black cat thingy, are more cats and cat-like creatures really neccesary? I think not.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Why do people always think they're interrupting an open discussion...? That's three times asked in this thread alone! ;_;

And yeah, I could go for another cat Pokemon or two (tho another few canines would be even better). But there are also lots of other creatures I've love to see, so whatever works.

My faves have actually shifted a bit already (before even playing the games). After hearing that Pachirisu doesn't evolve my interest in it has plummeted. It just seems unnecessary (weak-looking one-stage Pokes are teh meh), and it proves people right who were calling it the next Plusle and Minun, aka the next "cutesy-Pikachu-rip-off" :p Unless it has a pre-evo, o'course, then its stats may at least be on-par with Raichu's (which is still nothing great, but I could live with it).

Another who's shifted a bit is Perap. While I still like its looks, and Pachirisu's for that matter, it's just not one I think I'll train right off the get-go anymore (or even really want to). That spot probably belongs to Mukkuru now. Perap may look better, but Mukkuru'll be the first Flying-type available (or one of the two, if it's like 1st and 3rd gen). Tradition factor would be high there for me ^^

Unlike that possible black cat thingy, are more cats and cat-like creatures really neccesary? I think not.

More cat and cat-like creatures are very much necessary. Very very very much. Like that new kitty, the blue one with the funny-shaped head, the skinny neck, and the tail that bends too many times for any real cat's tail to physically do?

That's on my first team and my list of Shin'ou favorites by default. The only way it won't be on my team is if I can't catch it in whatever game I get. Which would be bad...very...very bad...and also very bad if we can't trade over WiFi until, like, waaaay late in the game. Cuz if I can't get whatever-the-Mew-it's-called in my game, I shall stalk whoever can...*stares intently at Link-san*

But I think it looks cool anyways. *shrugs* But if it's ANOTHER pure Normal-type and the only non-legendary cat Pokemon in the generation, I may just have to stab somebody with this here plastic spork.

Okay, now for my favorites! *clears throat*

Elecable-It's the evolved form of an already awesome Electric type.

Weavile-Awesome crown! ;D

Roserade-Love that sinister look! And it's Baby Form can be captured early in the game.

Munchlax-Brilliant comedy Pokemon.

Lucario-Fighting/Steel type combo means it won't be weak to Psychic attacks.

Mime Jr.-Once again, good for a few laughs ;D.

Maskippa-Reminds me of Petey Piranha, and I like Petey!

Pinpuku-Just plain adorable!

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
I think Zugaidos more or less has me convinced which version of the games I'm buying/playing first. Instant fave :O

for now i love:

cherimu (DUH!)

the cat with the weird neck

cute little corink!!! (not big on the marks)

pochama the fluffly lil' penguin

rozeridu is really cool

PALKIA!!!!!!!!! so ill probably get pearl

so that will hopefully be my party cuz some of those are so cute

I shall now add Dotaitos to list of faves of Shino. Dotaitos took being a "Forest Pokemon" to a new level. I mean look, there's a little tree growing on its back. *I start laughing*

So Ive desided im going to have a super ultra normal team.

CONSISTING OF:

Munchlax. Duh.

Bippa Evo. Can you say: Super Water Beaver?

Perappu. Music....is sweet. Flying....is sweet....Perappu pwnz.

Minimoru (idk if I'll evolve...I'll have to see a clearer picture....). Fluffy Rabbit will have speed and I will make it kick hind-end.

Thats all I know. BE WARNED. But of course I will be picking up some others to store in my box and maybe use later. Others being Maskippa and Monkey Evo. Yeah.

=] )) Those are my FAVES bizzatch////

OK, mine......

Munchlax. FUNNY!!!!! Good thing May got one.

Pachirisu. So cute. Goes right next to Espeon on my favs.

Pinpuku. I made a story about this one atacking Oak's lab with baseball bats.

Rozureido. I don't know why, but it seems awsome.

Dotaitos. LOOK! A TREE!! IT'S A NEW VENASAUR!!!

Yeah... I love these guys.

To see my new faves, check out the Cryptidex. The whole thing. ^_^ I don't know about you, but we've got some AWESOME-looking Pokémon this generation.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think that Skapuu and Skutank are starting to grow on me. Skutank especially since the sound of breaking wind is incorporated in its call, not only is it ;D it also makes sense 'cause it's a skunk.

Doomirror looks kinda funny. IT's LIVING MIRROR FOR CORN'S SAKE!

Arseus has 120 for all it's base stats AND with it's Multi-Type ability, Arseus change it's type depending on what special plate its holding. Dont you dare tell me that's not cool!

Prof. Cinders

Mathemagician
Staff member
Administrator
Erliedo is claimed by me ^^ Can't wait to get my hands on one... Also, the psychic triplets are looking pretty kewl.

Hikozaru, moukazaru , goukazaru THEY ARE MY^ FAVOTITE POKEMON IN THE WORLD!!! If have been waiting for a fire/fighting type monkey starter for a VERY long time thi is my DREAM POKEMON!!!!!!! ;D ;D ;D