• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.
Thunderblade dashed forwards, sinking the point of the scythe deep into the chest of the beast. He grunted as he created a huge cut from the torso up, slicing the head in half as his weapon rose into the air again. He steadied his weapon, and watched as the monster fell. He knew there were others, so he stayed ready. "More incoming." he announced, sparks flying.

Kathleen watched as they attacked the one monster. She steadied her weapon just as 1 more appeared in front of them. Kathleen was just about to attack before she noticed a shift behind her. Kathleen turned just in time to see another one in her face. The girls power activated as time seamed to stop, the world moved at least a hundred times slower. Kathleen moved aside as she watched the beast with her scythe. Time resumed as it was just as the breasted head came off. Kathleen didn't think of it as more jumped down.

Blake turned just as a wolf-like monster lunged at him. He made a swipe at its chest, and the wound from it was clearly larger than the first slash he made on the other beast. The monster flopped on the ground, but made a blood-curdling howl. It's summoning reinforcements! Blake thought as the howl still reverberated off of the canyon walls. He stabbed the wolf-like beast in the head to charge up his blade even further. "There's gonna be a lot more coming!" He yelled at the others. "I hope you're ready!"

Kathleen shifted her scythe and a small bit of relief flashed over her. They hadnt seen her use her power, as far as she could tell. She shifted her scyhte around to wach on in the head and other in the neck to cut the head off. "There not dead till they have no head. (Made this up on the spot and I am prode of it ;P )" Kathleen called as she jumped down and cut other one off.

"I'm always ready." Aldrich said. After the first couple of monsters had charged in, he noted that they all had met a swift end. He unsheathed his blades. One was a short sword, not quite as long as Blake's, but not quite a dagger either. In his other hand was the blades polar opposite, a longer blade, thicker. His shortsword shortsword glimmered faintly with magic. "To answer your question, Thunderblade, the Shadow Warriors are in pursuit, but I took measures to slow them down." He said.

Last edited:
"You have my gratitude, but not my thanks." he said, slicing off the heads of five beasts in a single attack. He then impaled another and dragged it, using it to attack four others until the beast was cut in half. Six surrounded him, and he blasted lightning in a circle around him. Within 16 seconds, 16 beasts had attacked him, and 16 beasts had fallen.

Kathleen was having fun. Although it was dangerous and at anytime they could cut her in two, killing them was all worth it. Kathleen used the canon wall to her advantage to lead the monsters that way and cut off its head. Out of the corner of her eye she saw the others continue to fight but none of them having a smile. 'They need to be more fun.' She though as a snag fought on her cloak. Kathleen turned around to see a monster has used it claws to get on her cloak. "Don't rip the cloak." She said angerly to the monster. Kathleen used her scythe to slice the top of the head off and to chop the paw of the thing off. She adjusted her cloak before continuing her rampage. Her cheerful mood soon came back. She started to say: there not dead till they have no head like is was a song as she used a bit of speed to keep her going.

Aldrich nodded. Than he turned to fight the monsters, transforming into a mass of shadow to cover more ground. He surged forward, transforming back to a human and using his momentum to fly forward, landing heavily on a monster, slicing it in two, before turning to blast another one with flames from his Shortsword as it tried to attack Thunderblade from behind.

As the battle raged on, Blake's attacks became more ragged and uncoordinated as his blade gained more and more power from the attacks. His mentality changed as well; as he needed less time to take down the monsters crowding him, he started making more unnecessary slashes that only made the blade stronger. It made HIM stronger. As the battle came to an end, Blake laughed as he decapitated the final beast.
When the adrenaline wore off, however, Blake realized that he actually ENJOYED killing all of those monsters. He looked down in his now bloodied hands. Am I more like my father than I thought? Blake though as he resheathed his sword. With a still concerned expression on his face (that was almost imperceptible because of his face covering), he called out, "Is everyone still alive?"

Kathleen looked up at blake. "Yea I am alive!" She called before remembering something. The woman started to pat her pokets and looking around. Kathleen paused as she picked up her missing item. "Found it!" Kathleen called up as she lifted up the skull for earlier. It now had a bit of blood on it, along with dust.

"I think." Aldrich said. Over the course of the battle, he had turned into a shadow once, plus all the time spent in Blake's shadow had drained him. If they were going to be running from a squad of Shadow Warrior, he needed full magic. He withdrew a small bottle from his cloak. He took a swig. "Anyone drained magic-wise? I have something for that." He asked.

"No." Kathleen called as she headed tword the group. "We should keep going and look around." The woman replied as she carried the skull, "It is also better to clean the blood off our wepons. It can lead to rust and honestly it looks bad." With that the small woman drove her wepon into the sand. It was her trick to get the most liquid of wepons and it worked, mostly. Still some blood remained on the wepon as she lifted it out, but that was expected and she would clean it later.

(Sorry, I thought someone else was gonna continue!)
Thunderblade swung his scythe through a lightning bolt, and the blood was disintegrated. He changed it back into a longsword and put it into his cloak. The warrior then knelt down, feeling the prints on the ground. "There are more we didn't kill. These tracks lead farther into the graveyard. We should follow them; not just because it's what we gathered here for, but also because it moves us away from the Shadow Guard. Who should still be advancing, by the way."

"Wont the guard be able to follow us if we follow a trail?" Kathleen asked as she just wiped the rest of the blood off her scythe on her back over her cloak, "But other then that we are mostly in sand so we already have footprints." She the put to rest her scythe by setting it on her back. Her skull still in her hands.

"The beasts have bigger footprints then we do." Thunderblade said. "If we tread lightly in their steps, it will mask our trail. And since we have been fighting the beasts, their scent will mask ours from our pursuers. Quickly, now." Thunderblade lightly skipped through the trail, hopping over the beasts' prints when walking. Like he had said, his trail was masked by the beasts'.

"You guys can walk." He carefully put his bottle back on his belt. He looked at his blades. No blood. He had magically treated his blades to maintain themselves, so no worries there. "Any objections to me melding into anyone's shadow? Please voice them now." He asked.

Kathleen didn't like the idea as she followed lightly behind thunderblade. The woman's amulet let out a extremely low light as it touched the skull. Kathleen didn't take notice as she looked back to her foot prints. Suprizonly, there was about no trace she had walk that way. Kathleen pressed harder on the sand at least trying to make a dent, but no luck prevailed. She though nothing of it as she walked a bit fast to catch up with Thunderblade, who was further ahead.

Blake felt like he needed a break from being in the front, so he hovered along near the back of the small group. He was still doubting his control over his own psyche. He could almost feel his mental state deteriorating further and further. He had a feeling that if they were to encounter another monster, he would either break down completely or snap. Blake was taking deep breaths as he tried to keep himself together.
He looked over to Aldritch and said, "You can use mine. I'm not really using it anyways."

(How about we FINALLY get this going again?)
Thunderblade walked in the prints, the others close behind. Soon, he saw that the prints lead into a cave.
"We'll have to make our own path from here." Thunderblade said. "Unless you all feel like walking into a den of monsters? I could handle it, but I do need one of you, so..."

"Well," Blake said while looking at the ground, "The reason I brought everyone here in the first place was to see what we were going up against. And if my assumption is correct, then we only fought against a fraction of the varieties that we need to know how to fight. Each variety of monster has a special strength and a special weakness. My goal it to find and exploit all of these weaknesses. Now, I was going planning on us going into this cave at one point. While I would have given the opportunity to turn back and return later, with the Shadow Guard on our tails, I fear we don't have much choice; either make our own path and risk being found by the Shadow Guard, or traverse the cave and risk being attacked by monsters. Should we take a vote?"

"I would say up, but it is too steap to climb. So I vote cave." Kathleen decided as she shifted the cloak on her back. 'Better then to have some guard behind us.' She though. For some reason, Kathleen also felt the skull also agreed. 'So weird.' She thought.

Hey. May I please join?

Name: Kaisa
Appearance: Brown hair, black trousers, blue hoodie.
Weapon of choice(give a name and description if applicable): A pair of straps that run down the arm. They can fuse together to form a decent rocket launcher, work independently as normal guns, have blades come out of the wrists and have a workable pair of wings come out of the side, complete with thrusters at the shoulders. Named Nightgliders
Abilities (natural or unnatural): The ability to form a bond with any creatures he might encounter, with enough time. It depends on the individual creature, and the species. Some could bond nearly instantly, other might just not bond all together. Doesn't work on humans, and isn't the most reliable power. It works quite uncommenly, and will not work in a fight that Kaisa started, or said creature started intensionally. Also has very good combat skills, is pretty smart and good with technology.

Last edited:
(OK)

Kaisa was falling. He didn't know why, and all he could see was metal, but he could feel himself falling, until he suddenly stopped, shooting him to the roof, and causing him to start to loose conscious. The last thin he saw before falling down wss the door opening, revealing the building his pod had broken into, and a poster.

Name: Xiuhcoatl "Kevin" Mirsoff
Appearance: Perhaps more obscure than your typical young man, Xiuhcoatl has strangely pale skin. Various parts of his body are speckled with small red dots (known as cherry hemangioma). His eyes are a dull grey. His slicked back hair is a brighter white than his skin, but the roots of which are visibly black. He wears a black half-face mask that covers his mouth and the top portion of his neck. He also wears a black suit made of a flexible and lightweight material with armoured pads along the chest and abdomen. His hands are sheathed by gloves of a contrarily durable and rough material to aid him in hand-to-hand combat. A midnight blue cape decorates his back with the symbol of the Shadow Guard outlined in white on its centre. A utility belt holds his weapons.
Weapon of Choice: In his main hand, he wields a dagger he calls The Crooked Man. Its blade is double-edged and comprised of iron extracted from a meteorite. The Crooked Man's hilt is made of pyrite and indented in order to fit to his hand. It weighs him down minutely as he fights, but its composition is lethally toxic if it is to come in contact with the bloodstream. Just to reinforce this, he tends to coat the blade in natural toxins when he's on the field. In his off hand is a second dagger he calls The Weeping Bride. Its a beautiful and delicate weapon with a blade of magnesium alloy and a hilt of ivory. Both daggers have been blessed by a cleric's apprentice, granting him the ability to regenerate minor wounds and regain stamina during a battle.
Abilities: Xiuhcoatl possesses incredible wits and charms, as well as a great deal of swiftness and flexibility. He also possesses great magical strength and prowess, but he condemns his own abilities as unnatural and refuses to use/learn how to use the arcane arts.

It was either the best or worst day of Xiuhcoatl's life. He had gotten more than ahead of himself in his enthusiasm to take down the dreaded Thunderblade that he had separated himself from the rest of the group. And yet, who could blame the young fanatic in any sense? He was only beginning his career, and killing one of the Shadow Guard's greatest antagonists could paint him in a new light in the eyes of his superiors. He had only barely passed the qualifications of the Guard's rigourous training and, anticlimactically, the sole reason he had been selected to join the legion's men in arms was because several men died during an expedition trip and a spot for assassin opened up.
Not only that, but he wasn't supposed to stray from his far more experienced fellowmen, who feared for the young man's safety slightly less than they cared about their own. Their brigadier-general would be calling a prayer for Xiuhcoatl's departed soul the moment she realized he was gone. Nobody expected him to survive on his own.
Still, he was a feared and adorned member of the Shadow Guard, right? With his trusty blades in hand, he could cut down any enemy in his path, right? How tough could some masked desperado who called himself "Thunderblade" really be?
He trekked along the surprisingly perilous hillside, treading as lightly as he could on his delicate feet. He moved noiselessly along craggy terrain and brushed soundlessly against countless shrubs. Clearly, the vegetation required much more sunlight than they provided with.
When he finally heard a gruff voice, he felt every nerve in his body explode into sensations he couldn't begin to process or describe. After peering ahead behind a boulder of an adequate size, his heart nearly gave out. He unsheathed his blades and he held his breath before springing out from his cover, spewing out some indiscernible battle cry, and lunging towards the man called Thunderblade with his daggers splayed.

(Ooh, a member of the Shadow Guard as a character! Interesting...)
Thunderblade saw the glint of sunlight off his swords just in time. He side-stepped and kicked the assassin square in the ribs before grabbing him and throwing him to the ground. "Great. They're already here." he said, nonchalantly. "We need to move now or never."

"Okay, um, well, we already have a majority vote, so let's go into the cave." Blake said while looking at the now grounded Shadow Guard member. He saw the symbol of the Shadow Guard on the cape. "Kraer," Blake exclaimed, "that symbol is the same symbol that the Red-Eyed King used while still in power! The reason I didn't remeber who was the leader of the Shadow Guard was because it was never referred to AS the Shadow Guard to me! If we get captured- if I get captured, we're all screwed. The Red-Eyed King has a pretty hefty price on my head, and his assassins weren't sent to kill. I'm sorry, but we have to go NOW."

(Kraer is one of this world's swear words, having an equivalent meaning to damn or dammit)

Name: three (real name lost)
Appearance: He has brown hair and blue eyes. His form is ghostly with him being partly transparent (if even seen).
Weapon of choice(give a name and description if applicable): Has a spear with the ability to shoot ice form it. Is really hard to swan since he was not left with it when he died
Abilities (natural or unnatural): He has unnatural ability form being a ghost. He can posses things, become invisible and do some other things.

Three was a wondering spirit on limbo before Kathleen amulet brought him back. From that he is grateful and will help the others. He died form a death blow by a shadow guard and was left to die. He only died about 30 years ago and his skeleton is bone white from an acid monster who disintegrated all his flesh and other things aside from his bones.
(Unsure on when to bring him out XD)
Kathleen sighed as she flicked her sycthe. "It looks like only ONE guy" She replied as she shifted her cloak as she turned to the cave, "But oh well now then ever!" Kathleen headed into the cave as the low light of the glowing amulet and skull faded. She looked up at the dark came before turning back. "Um...I only have ice so does anyone have light?" Kathleen said.

Climbing out of the pod, Kaisa looked around. He seemed to be in some sort of village or town. Quickly checking that his Nightgliders were still attached, Kaisa flew into the air, arms out, and flew into the desert-like area outside the town. He came across a cave, with a few people outside it. Maybe they can tell me where I am. He landed next to them, and asked "Sorry to drop in, kinda rude of me, but where am I?"

The assassin connected with the ground with a sickening crunch. He grunted and pushed himself to his feet and poised his blades defensively.
He studied his opponents. He was greatly outnumbered, but he had the element of surprise up his sleeve. However, before he could spring into attack a second time, he noticed a figure that made him falter.
It couldn't have been him - and yet it was. The son of the Red-Eyed King, and the overall priority of the Shadow Guard. Xiuhcoatl was beginning to feel a pressure in his chest, more than slightly overwhelmed.
He rolled forward, slicing out in a wide arc at Thunderblade's ankles with The Crooked Man.

Kathleen instantly pulled out scythe at the man apperance. She threw ice at the man freezing his legs as she held to her weapon to his throat. "Wellcome to Tersary!" She said happly, "right now your in the outlands of it!"

The ghost lissoned with interest. 'So thats where I am?' He though. He was invisible in the shadows and aimed his spear at the guards head but also kept an eye on the man. He knew that the woman with the scythe had the amulet that pulled him back. He couldnt see the amulet or her eyes, but he could feel the amulets power on him. 'At least my own power makes sure that not a single soal can look at me' he though grateful for his ghost form.

He stumbled to a stop at the last moment to avoid dealing a lethal blow to the young boy who had come to Thunderblade's rescue. His cape flew up at the sudden halt and settled over his head, clouding his view with midnight blue.
Xiuhcoatl was about to perform a tactical retreat when the woman of their group froze his legs to to the ground. The cold crept up his ankles and gripped him in place.
He slowly drew the fabric from his face with one hand as if it were a veil and glanced around at the culprits a second time.
"The brigadier-general didn't mention that you'd be travelling in a group," he commented, his voice tinted with the hint of a jaunted accent. He threw his cape back and held his daggers behind his back with a pointed expression. The quip was obviously aimed at his target.

Shattering the ice with a blast from his rockets and flying into the air, away from the Scythe, Kaisa asked "What was that for? Did I do something wrong?"

The ghost noticed the man had directed his attention to the man he had attacked. "Well just so you know this an attack to monsters in the area, so why wouldn't we be in a group?" She replied as she looked up to the fly man, "YOU CAME OUT OF NOWHERE AND ATTCKED US FOR NO REASON! WHY DO YOU THINK I DID THAT? YOUR ALSO NOT SUPOST TO ATTACK A PRRSON JUST BECAUSE THEY ARE FIGHTING, KID" It was like a stupid thing to ask. I mean that is what he really did. Also why would a kid come out of the sky to randomly attack a group? The ghost looked at the woman surprise. He hadnt expected the woman just to yell at the kid. 'Maybe she is just full of surprised.' He guessed as he looked back to the guard. "Anyway, can we go now?" She asked.

Last edited:
Blake saw recognition in the assassin's eyes. Did my father somehow find out my disguise and tell his men about it? Blake thought as he drew his sword again. If they had to fight, he would only do it in self defense. Anything farther than that would most certainly push him over the edge.

"I didn't attack. I flew down asking where I was, saw those two fighting, blocked a swing from one, and you came and froze my legs. Calm down."

Thunderblade walked over to the Shadow Guard member. He threw the right side of his coat off, revealing the brand on his arm. It glew, and his right hand crackled with electricity.
"Talk."