• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.
The country known as Enigam was torn. Ten years ago, a revolt that shook the foundation of society itself took place. Back then, the flying city of Volanta was ruled by a powerful king and tyrant known simply as the Red-Eyed King. He ruled with an iron fist and a cruelty towards all. After 20 years under this tyranny, the people had had enough. The revolt was swift and merciless, leaving the Obsidian Stronghold, the palace of the king, under siege for two weeks. The king uncharacteristically surrendered, and the people took over the government, passing a law that all criminals, including the king and his family, be banished to the abandoned world below. Ironically, the world below, known as Tersary, became a functioning and almost peaceful society, while Volanta, still tumultuous with the revolt, barely held together, making legends of monsters and death on Tersary. You are one of the many banished criminals living in Tersary.

{PM me, @YamiVolcarona , if you want to join this RP with your character information set in the below format.}

{When joining, please enter your character info as so:
Name:
Appearance:
Weapon of choice(give a name and description if applicable):
Abilities (natural or unnatural):
}

{Also, unnatural appearances that cannot be explained in human terms are not allowed. No aliens, either. It keeps the story relatively simple.}

Name: Blake Titian
Appearance: Wears a full beige cloak/tunic that only shows left eye that is (almost unnaturally) green, beige cloth wrapped arms and feet, beige cloth satchel (cloth is the main form of currency in Tersary).
Weapon of choice: Deathblade (a two-sided sword that has a runic inscription)
Abilities: Higher than average speed, persuasion

Blake walked into the trade hub with a fresh haul of ancient Overworld artifacts. He walked over to a trading table and sat down. Everyone else at the table looked over. A man looked over and grinned.
"Well, if it isn't old Emerald-y! How ya doin'?"
Blake looked over, and if they were able to see his mouth, they would have seen he was grinning as well.
"Arthur, you need to get better at nicknames." The man named Arthur laughed along with everyone else. Blake continued, "And, I'm doing well. Got some good loot with me today. You won't believe what I managed to scrape up."
He took his Loot Bag and dumped it out into a bin that was at his spot. The others peered into the bin and discovered several different arrays of circuits, carvings, and unknown machines.
"That's a pretty great haul, Blake," said a boy no older than 12. "Where'd you find it?"
Blake looked over and laughed.
"Do you think I'd just give up my haul spot, Isaia?"
Isaia started laughing as well. "I know, I'm just messin' with ya."
Blake looked around.
"Well, you ready to buy?"

Hours Later...

Blake left the trade hub with a good amount of cloth in his satchel. He could afford to trade for better clothes, but the beige he had now blended in better with his surroundings. He walked past many other former criminals who said hello like old friends to him. He smiled to himself. So many others who used to be only for themselves now act like the people they used to steal from. Blake made it to his small cottage and collapsed on his bed. He deactivated his Ocular Guise and took off his hood to reveal somewhat messy black hair and dual-colored eyes. He looked in the mirror above his sink. Still one black eye, one red. If anyone knew that he was the son of the Red-Eyed King...

Last edited:
Name: Kathleen chaser
Appearance: Short brown hair that covers her usually yellow eyes. She usually wears a t-shirt with fadded jeans but it is common to see her in a black cloak. Kathleen is short for her age and wears a amethyst necklace.
Weapon of choice(give a name and description if applicable): A large scythe and a small silver knife.
Abilities (natural or unnatural): She is unnaturally fast and her cloak make a watcher look paster her, but she is notinvisible in it.

Kathleen ran into town. Her bag wissed behind her has time momentarily paused as she rased by. The woman finaly stopped at the trade hub. After the last time she ran inside, Kathleen was banned from running inside so she had to stop out side. She opened the door. Kathleen headed inside and confidential headed up to a blind man with nothing at his table waiting. "Hey mark!" She called cheerfully to the grumpy man. The man just faced her as she opened her bag. "Is it the material I asked for?" Make said ina gruff voice as Kathleen pulled out a glowing stone. "Yep. It was harder to find then expected though" She replied placing the stone on the table, "your part now" Mark felt the stone for a secound before opening his bag. The man pulled out a large piece of solid metal and set it on the table. "Fair trade?" He asked. "Fair trade!" Kathleen replied as she put the metal in her bag.

She called a fair well to the man as she left. Kathleen sighed openly as she walked down the pathway. She paused as she noticed a poster. 'Monsters are real!' It read, 'Join the unamed and seek those beasts'. Kathleen stared at it. 'Monsters? Real?' She though with a though of surprise, 'this is such a weird world'.

The next day, Blake woke up just before sunrise, like he always did. He climbed up the ladder that led to a small area on his roof. He sat down just as sunlight started pouring over the hills that surrounded the village he lived in. Oranges and pinks streaked the sky and painted everything around him a soft shade of orange. He took a deep breath of the crisp morning air. He looked to the east and saw the faint outline of Volanta. One day, I'll make it back there and make everything right again he thought to himself. He went back into the house and grabbed his Loot Sack as he looked over to the wall that his Deathblade was hung on. Images of his past came flooding back.

Civilians were crowded on the street as the Red-Eyed King and his family walked past in chains, a six-year old Blake walking along side his mother, the Queen of Roses. The crowded jeered at the Royal Family, but didn't make a move of violence. Yet.

Suddenly, a cloaked figure in the crowd lunged toward the Red-Eyed King. The king looked over with eyes of pure hatred, which seemed to gleam with an even brighter shade of crimson, towards his attacker. The attacker fell to the ground, twitching for a while, then fell still. The crowd fell silent for a moment, while the shameful parade of royals and criminals continued. The young Blake started crying, and his mother brought him closer, whispering kind words while staring at her husband, who held a countenance of cruel victory on his face. The procession reached the guard tower, which now held a metal pod in which everyone against the revolution who hadn't already been killed would be banished to the world below. The Red-Eyed King went first, alone. The new leaders had decided that he wouldn't be above killing his wife and only heir to make a point. He looked directly at Blake as the pod was deployed towards the earth below. The crowd cheered as the next pod was loaded in, aimed towards a different spot to keep the remaining banished-to-be away from the king. The Queen and her son were loaded in, the Queen keeping a blank expression and tall posture while keeping her son in between her arms. Blake looked out on the crowd for one last time, tears still in his eyes. The crowd looked back with angered expression. Blake closed his eyes. The world was cruel.

After he and his mother landed on the sandy world below, their shackles deactivated, leaving both with a red band around both wrists. His mother turned to him.
'I want to give you this,' she said. She pulled out a folded two-sided sword from underneath her dress. 'It was your father's. I have a feeling it would be better for you to have it than him.'
Blake looked up with a concerned expression on his face.
'How did you get that out of the castle?'
Cerise Titian looked down with a somewhat elfish grin.
'This will be our little secret, okay?'

Blake came back to the present with his eyes filmed over with tears. He breathed in. For her. He took the sword from the wall and slipped the strap onto his shoulder so that the sheath rested on his back. He walked out the door to the abandoned Old World factory, where (hopefully), people will gather to help him fight the beasts that were plaguing the Outskirts. If this worked, maybe, just maybe, he could walk free without having to keep a cloak over his identity, while keeping everyone around him safe.

Today was a new day.

Blake would make it so.

Kathleen woke up to the sound of a fire crackling. She sighed as she grabed the bucket on her bed side table. The woman then threw the water on the small fire by the door. "Ms. Hinder!" She called as she opened the door, "Your pipes leaking again" Kathleen lives at her parents old mental workshop. When her parents died, Kathleen inherited the workshop but couldnt keep up with the streas so she sold it out to an older couple. She still lives in the 2nd floor, while the couple works down stairs. "I'll call the plummer later, were packed today!" A woman called from down stairs. Kathleen turned back to her room and changed into her normal clothes.

She adjusted her cloak to amke sure it didnt fall off and looked at her amithest necklace. Her mother gave it to her the night her parents died and it ment the world to her. 'I will put my gift to use today, mom and dad.' She thought as she put the necklaces under her shirt. Kathleen headed out and grabed a piece of bread along with her scythe. "I be back to help later!" She called quickly as she raced out of the building.

Kathleen stoped in front of the old building. It was nearly been a min. for her to make it from acrost town. She moved to cloak abit so she could easily pull it out at any chance before Kathleen entered. "Hello" She called to the taller man already inside.

Yes! thought Blake. Someone DID show interest! Even as Blake was having this internal excitement, his outward features didn't show it. He looked over to see a girl in her 20's with brown hair in a black cloak. Heh, almost didn't notice her. Is it the cloak? Or maybe the pendant... he said to himself. There was a purple stone in the pendant she had around her neck. Most likely amethyst, he thought. But where did she get it? The most shocking feature she possessed, however, was her electric yellow eyes. At least she can let others see her eyes, he thought, while suddenly feeling more self-conscious about his Ocular Guise's unnatural green. He went down on one knee and put his hand on his heart before rising to show respect to a stranger, an Old World custom that he still held on to.

Last edited:
Kathleen looked at the man confused. "why did you do that?" She asked curiously moving her cloak off her face. The custom of strange to her, but she guessed it was something he hung onto. "I am guessing this is the place for the monster thing." Kathleen replied moving her scythe out from her cloak. The weapon was a lot bigger then what normal people would be able to carry, but She seamed to have no problem swinging it.

"Sorry," said Blake. "I guess I'm just hanging on to some old customs." He put his hand behind his head and smiled. "And yes, this is the place for the 'monster thing'. Also, nice scythe." He pulled his Deathblade from its sheath and connected the two handle parts to make one, connected blade. "I'm more of a sword guy if you ask me. It was the only thing my parents taught me to wield before..." The flashbacks came again.

"More, MORE!" the King shouted as Blake, then 6, ran towards a training dummy, over-sized sword in his too-small hands. "You have to channel your rage and use it to demolish your enemies!" Blake thrust the sword towards the dummy and stabbed it straight through where a heart would be in a normal human being.
"YES!" the King shouted. "That's what I'm looking for! Now again!"
Blake looked over with a pained look in his face. They had been practicing for almost 2 hours now. But, if he stopped, his father would make sure he wouldn't forget it. Blake lifted the sword with weak arms and went back to his position on the training floor. Suddenly, a servant came running into the chamber, out of breath.
"Your Highness, our informants have told us that the people are planning a revolt! They plan to attack the grain reserves tonight!"
The king looked over with an annoyed expression.
"Then get our troops and STOP IT! WHY DO I EVEN HAVE YOU HERE IF I HAVE TO TELL YOU EVERYTHING THAT I TOLD YOU TO DO EARLIER!"
The servant made a nervous bow before running out. Blake suddenly felt lightheaded.
"AGAIN!" the king roared, just as Blake collapsed on the floor from exhaustion. When he woke up, it seemed as if the world were on fire. The revolt had started.

Name: Thunderblade (real name unknown)
Appearance: Wears a black trench coat with white lining, black track pants, black shoes, a white shirt, a white scarf (kept over his mouth for secrecy) and a white headband. He has black hair with a white streak down the middle, two eyes (one black and one white) and light skin. He also wears a white belt under his trench coat, where he normally hides his blade.
Weapon of choice: White Lighting (a long-sword that can transform into a scythe made by his father, an inventor, and empowered with Lightning Magic by his mother, a sorceress. It's incredibly hefty, and needs great strength to wield. It can also only be operated [both in terms of magic and transformations] by Thunderblade, since his parents died and he was the only other one who they taught how to operate it. Oh, and you need the Thunder Brand to use its magic.)
Abilities: Strength (wielding a long-sword AND a scythe with only three fingers needs some power), speed and agility are all increased quite a lot from the Thunder Brand.

A man with a large black trench coat stepped into the room, about as tall as Blake. He walked past Kathleen, holding something in his hand. He walked over to Blake.
"Those posters. Did you make them? Because you should know that there aren't monsters near the city."
The scarf and headband he was wearing made it almost impossible to read him, but the most striking difference was the eyes. Both people could see that this mysterious man had one black eye, like normal... and one completely white.

Kathleen turned toward the new guy who came in. "Yea but they are trouble to people, like me, who are constantly out there" She said. Kathleen had seen many of these monsters first hand. Thanks to her speed, she have lived to tell the story. "Rumor are" Kathleen continued, "that they have been heading closer to city anyway"

"Hmph." the man said. There was an odd bulge in his trench coat, and his right hand was slightly twitching. He turned to Blake again. "I assume you'll be leaving to fight them, but you want a group that will have your back."

Blake looked over to the newcomer.
"Yes, I will admit that I can't do this alone. And yes, I need people like you to help me. These monsters are real, but they've only shown up in recent months and are coming closer to the city. If they manage to make it here, they would be able to destroy everything we've done for the last 10 years and make it look like nothing ever happened here. These beasts, as I've seen, are very large, viscious, and immune to most weaponry, except magic and enchanted weapons." Blake clapped his hands together. "Now, I would like to inspect your weapons of choice. Oh, and, uh... What's your name?" He asked the Trench-coat clad man.

"That is my business, not yours." the man said. "But you can call me Thunderblade." He took a scroll from his trench coat and handed it to Blake. The scroll detailed that he was a skilled bounty hunter, and it listed all the different jobs he had taken on in the past. He was renowned, and known as a skilled fighter. Though he wasn't seen much in person, only heard by name.

"Hmm... Alright, um, Thunderblade. Is there a reason that they call you that?" Blake said while reading over the scroll. Dang, this record is amazing! I haven't seen anything like this before! Then again, just his appearence can shake anyone off...

"You'll find out in time if you allow me to join your group." Thunderblade said. "I would like to join your group and venture to the outrealm. My specialty is taking on impossible missions, so it would be a good decision to hire me. I enjoy hunting." Despite his words, his eyes showed that he had some ulterior motive...

Blake looked over with a skeptical eyes.
"The only reason I need to see your weapon is to see if it would work on these monsters. If it isn't sufficient, those beasts won't wait to rip you to shreds. I've seen it myself." Oh no, Blake thought. Not now.

"AEGAN, NO!" A sixteen-year old Blake shouted as his only friend was caught out of mid air by a black-furred bear-like creature and ripped in half.

Blake looked back and noticed that his eyes went wide for a second. He promptly set them back to their neutral position and hoped no one noticed.

Last edited:
"Well my scythe is fine." Kathleen replied reluctant to hand it over, "I have upgraded this weapon to its full extent." This was true. Kathleen's scythe had been used by her grandfather, who was on explorer to this world, and it had saved him any time over...from scavengers. Kathleen had edited the weapon after her first encounter with a monster that rendered her weapon useless.

Blake held the scythe in his hands. Moderate weight, long blade, and, a touch of magic. Perfect. Blake thought. He twirled it around a few times out of the way of anyone. "Alright, yours is good," he said to Kathleen, handing the curved weapon back. He turned to Thunderblade. "Now we just need to check Set's over here."

"Heh. Set, the Egyptian God of chaos and storms? Cute. But I'm afraid I'm not going to-" Thunderblade froze. He stood, slowly moving his feet into an attack position. He made a symbol with his left hand.
Ambush.
A man clad entirely in a black robe burst through the window, a sharp axe in his hand. He tried to attack the bounty hunter, but Thunderblade drew his longsword, swung it, and released the powerful electric charge within a second. The man fell to the ground, a hole through his chest. The axe sliced through the floor of the house right next to Kathleen's feet. Thunderblade sheathed his blade inside his trench coat, presumably in a hidden scabbard or the like. "You have seen my weapon. I suggest we now leave."

Dang, this guy must be pretty dangerous if other bounty hunters target him, Blake thought.
"Alright, I've seen your weapon in action. It'll work." Blake said as he walked over to the axe currently wedged in the ground and moved it to a corner where it wouldn't prove a fall hazard. "Okay, if anyone else isn't going to show up, then I guess we should move on. Is everyone ready for a little field trip?" Blake said with a somewhat humerous tone.

"If you're done joking, we should leave before the others attack us. Even I might not be able to take down twenty-nine of them at once." Thunderblade said. "Look at the symbol on the back of this one's cloak. It's partially obstructed, but this is the mark of the Shadow Guard. They're an elite conclave of warriors who always travel in groups of at least thirty warriors. However, if we leave now we might be able to get away before they gather and chase us."

"Well, it's a good thing I planned this ACTUALLY REAL 'field trip' before." Blake said while gathering his stuff. Shadow Guard... Why does that sound so familiar? Blake thought as he was resheathing his sword. "Well, are we all ready to go?" Blake said while walking towards the front door. "Wouldn't want anyone losing any vital organs or appendages!"

Last edited:
Kathleen was a second ahead of them. She was out the door before anyone could blink. "I am ready!" She said, "I wish not to have the guard attack us, so let's get going." Kathleen respite her scythe and hooded her cloak. "I Am going ahead" Kathleen replied as she disappeared a second later from the coaks power and her speed.

Thunderblade dashed off, keeping pace with the girl.
"That's an impressive scythe you have there." the warrior said. "Where did you get it? Is it inherited?" He did not even bring any attention to the fact he had caught up with her in about two seconds.

"yea. Same with my cloak" Kathleen said suprized that the hunter had seen her. She was suprized that he could keep pace with her. Kathleen knew that her unnatural ability would show if she went her fasted speed, plus now she knew how fast he could be. "I had my scythe modified in its magic ability but other then that it's the same." Kathleen replied glancing at her scythe. Back in the city, It seemed ad normal and weird for her to have a weapon, nether less a weapon bigger then her, but here it seamed almost normal. She watched as the other man joined them stopping at and arch. Kathleen stopped with him and looked out. "This was the place I got attacked the first time!" She exclaimed in aw, "I never came back but yea this is pretty close to the town."

Blake stared at the dust that was starting to settle from Kathleen's and Thunderblade's fast start. He sighed as he connected strange devices to the bottoms of his feet. They activated and let off a soft blue light as Blake started hovering in the air. I am fast, Blake said to himself, but not that fast. He leaned forward and started gaining speed. After a few seconds, he caught a glimse of the two running. He adjusted course to meet up with them. Once he caught up, he said, "I don't remember telling either of you where we were going. Follow me if you want to see what I have to show." He leaned a bit farther forward and went even faster towards their destination, which was slighly left of where Thunderblade and Kathleen were running. Well, that was convenient, Blake thought. He suddenly skidded to a stop (or made the motion of skidding) in front of a stone arch. "Here we are!" he exclaimed. "Past this arch is where nightmares are born. This is where the highest concentration of monster that I've found are."

Last edited:
Thunderblade swished towards the arch. He skidded to a halt beside the arch.
"So this is where they are? Hmph. How fitting." he said. He touched the arch... "ARGH!" Thunderblade fell back before regaining his balance, clutching his right shoulder tight. It felt like it was on fire. "So this... this really is the right path."

The Thunder Brand will guide you to your destiny, my son. It will show you the path you must follow, and will give you the strength to do so. Follow the Thunder Brand, my child. Follow the Thunder Brand.

"Hey I just realized something" Kathleen said as she took of her hood, "My names Kathleen by the way." She ignored the pain of thunderblade and instead looked past the arch. The land ahead was a desert with high rocks and crevices. "Well it's a good place to hide and manover." She replied looking out.

"I'm fine." Thunderblade said, releasing his shoulder. "Now I am reassured that the path I take is the right one." Thunderblade drew his weapon. "What would be better here? Power or agility?" He asked Blake, since he knew the area the best.

"Well," Blake said. "I think that speed might be better. If we're not confronted." Blake crossed the threshold of Razor Point (as it was reffered to by old maps), weapon drawn. He was still floating above the ground to avoid stepping on sharp stones. Out of all of the cloth that he had found over the years, he wasn't able to find a decent pair of shoes. He floated past a distinctly human skeleton. Perfect, he thought. A way to lighten the mood a bit.

Kathleen followed Blake as her floated over the rocks. The small woman just decided to walk, since they were being carful. Kathleen also saw the skeleton and looked at it. "Wow pure bone and no fleas or anything. Either this has been here a long time or envy thing got burned up." She replied picking up the skull and looked at it. Kathleen didn't care if the other thought of her as weird but as a girl she had been interested in this type of stuff and cared enough to look into it. "Hey green eye!" She called as she put the skull in front of her face as a joke.

Thunderblade walked over to them.
"Agility, then. Haven't done this in a while." Thunderblade drew his sword, performed multiple complex actions on the hilt and blade, and the sword transformed into a scythe. A rune could now be seen on the staff of the scythe.

Blake looked over to see Kathleen with the sun-bleached skull in front of her face and Thunderblade with a scythe. Two seconds, and everything else is different, Blake observed as he laughed at Kathleen's joke. Kathleen's joke must have had an effect on Blake, because he called out, "Hey Set, where'd you get that scythe from, The Grim Reaper?"

Last edited:
"It is easy to find a hiding spot here," Blake stated while floating over a large sharp stone. "But we have to make sure that there isn't anything else there, first. If the Shadow Guard were to catch up, I know these rocks like the back of my hand." Just as he said this, Blake ran into a rock. He was glad that his cloak covered his now burning red cheeks.

Kathleen laughed as she grew the skull to the side. "Like the back of your hand." She mimicked laughing. She then looked over to the bounty hunter will the scythe and smiled. "Mines bigger!" Kathleen exclaimed after measuring the two.

(Before you ask, yes I have permission. I've talked it over with @YamiVolcarona. Ask him.)
Name: Aldrich
Appearance: A young man, mature beyond his years. He usually wears a leather chestpiece (enchanted to prevent indigestion), covered by a travel cloak, with plain brown pants. His hair is almost always a mess, and his face shows a man who has undergone many trails.
Weapons of choice: A short sword enchanted to assist his magic and to pierce armour. In his other hand, he wields a longsword that, while not as formidable as its shorter twin, is reasonably good for fighting monsters. Neither weapon needs much maintenance.
Abilities: Lockpicking, Deception, turning into shadows (magic), gouts of flame (magic), cooking.

Aldrich popped out of Blake's shadow. He had been following, as a shadow, for several minutes, and had a haunch his skills might be needed. "Good day." Aldrich said. "I was at the trade hub when you guys showed up. I overheard what you were talking about, but I thought you wouldn't need me. But when I saw the Shadow Guard, I guessed you would need my help. I have abilities that might help. I understand the need to turn me away, but my weapons are sharp and my will is strong. No matter what, I will help you." He continued, walking next to Blake.

(Yay its not dead yet ^-^)
Kathleen just looked at Aldrick. "Wow" She breathed excitedly , "how did you even fit into the shadow!" A thousand questions zommed through her head as she looked at the man. She swong her scythe back over her head. Kathleen then looked out into the area. She though she saw somthing move but the girl wasnt so sure. Kathleen guessed it might be a monster but she also guessed they dont need to worry. The girl wanted to use her ability to see the thing but then a trail of dust would go behind her and Kathleen didnt need them to find out, yet. "I think a saw somthing move...." Kathleen tested still looking at the spot.

"Shadow magic, obviously." Thunderblade responded. "Able to blend in with the darkest things. And I can handle myself... which you well know, Aldrich. But if you're going to be here, then at least you can be helpful. Do you know what progress the Shadow Guard have made towards us? Because I need to know if we need to move or not."

Blake was still trying to get over the fact that someone was LITERALLY FOLLOWING THEM IN HIS SHADOW. Magic was something that Blake never knew much about, so he couldn't sense it very well. Shadow magic was something that Blake knew almost nothing about anyways, so he felt a little better not being able to tell.

Blake looked over at where Kathleen pointed out. He definitely saw displaced dust, but couldn't tell what displaced it or where it went. He drew his blade and tried to channel it's power. It didn't respond. Hmm... Has it lost its power over the years? He looked down on his hands. I guess there's no choice... He grit his teeth as he made a gash on his still wrapped hand. There were no bloodstains made on the fabric; the sword was absorbing it straight from his veins. He tore the sword from his hand, and blood started to make its way onto the fabric. He clenched his sword in his now reddened hand to lessen the bleeding. Hopefully that'll help he thought while blinking back tears that formed from the pain. He tried channeling the power again. There was a faint flicker of energy. Better.

Suddenly, a large, dark, fur-covered beast jumped from the side of the small canyon they were in. Blake jumped back and prepared to parry its large claws. It swiped at him, but he parried and slashed at its outstretched arm. The little bit of energy in his blade made a small gash on its wrist. The blood was absorbed into the blade. "A little help?" he called out as he parried another one of its blows.