• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join FAKEMON Adventures through Otawo

Aurora smiled as Jessica and Dan caught their Pokemon, now she needed to find one. Something with grace, and elegance. Perfect for contests, friendly and kind.

Something rested on Aurora's head, she tensed. It wasn't very heavy, but it sent a shiver down her spine. She slowly lifted her hands and took off the thing on her head. It was a Pokemon! The little thing blinked it's eyes and wrapped it's arms around Aurora, giving her a cheerful hug. She scanned it with her pokedex and found it to be a Mapleer. "Well!" She exclaimed, "Maybe I'll catch you!" She took out a Pokemon and tapped the Mapleer with it.

Click!

"Whoa, Sylth! Check all this out!" Tommy said to his Eevee. Sylth jumped up and down. "Oh, well would ya look at that!" Tommy said, seeing a strange Pokemon. "Ka! Karannn!" Cried the small Mantis Pokemon. "Pokedex, what is that?" He said, holding it up. "Karantis, the Ninjutsu Pokemon. This Pokemon uses its claw-like appendages to cut open fruit, as well as to fight." The Pokedex said. "Whoa, cool!" Tommy said. "Okay Sylth, Covet!" He said to Sylth. It made a cute tackle attack and hit Karantis. It stumbled back. "Okay, go Poke'Ball!" He said, throwing it at Karantis.

Roll
Roll
Roll
CLICK!

Dan glanced over and saw Aurora just finish catching Mapleer. He gave his newfound friend a thumbs up.

"Good job!" Dan complimented before he turned to Jessica.

"So, that means we each caught a Pokemon. I'd say we're making good progress." Dan said with a grin before he released his newly caught Karantis, who starred at Dan with curiosity.

"Alright, we are gonna be partners from now on. My name is Dan and this is my other partner Billy." Dan said to the Karantis as Billy went up to give the bug a friendly greeting, once which Karantis returned in kind. Dan thought something over.

"Now then, what to call you. The Pokedex said you were a female, so how bout...Katana? You like that?" Dan asked Karantis, who gave a nod and a smile to indicate she did like it. Dan grinned.

"Awesome, welcome to the team Katana!" Dan said with a grin as Katana smiled before she and Billy began to play with each other.

Jessica pat her new Angemonie, and put it back into it's Poke-ball.
-----------------------
Jessica smirked at Dan, and asked, "So, how do you feel about a Pokemon battle!?"
------------------------
Jessica then went up to Aurora, and asked, "So, how does it feel having half a team, already?"

Dan gave a grin to Jessica.

"A battle? Always. Are you guys up for it?" Dan said as he crouched down and asked Billy and Katana, who nodded in turn showing they were ready.

Dan gave a nod to Jessica that indicated he was ready for battle whenever she was.

"Oh wow, yeah!" Aurora exclaimed. "It feels pretty great I guess!" Myrtle and Neve smiled at her, the newly caught Mapleer jumped into her arms. Aurora thought of possible names for the Pokemon. "How about... Autumn?" Aurora suggested. The Mapleer thought for a second and then eagerly nodded. "Alright! Autumn, welcome to the team!"

Aurora heard Hessica ask Dan to battle, and decided that'd be a great time to go maybe practise some performance, she'd gone to a Pokemon school when she was younger and had decided on her first day she wanted to be a performer. She hoped one day she could travel to Kalos, the first region to host Pokemon showcases. "I'm gonna go do some training" She said to the other, before walking out into an open clearing.

"Alright!" Aurora exclaimed, "Myrtle and Autumn. Neve and I will give a demonstration of what we can do, then you guys can try!"
Aurora lifted Neve up onto her shoulder and took a deep breath. Neve leaped into the air and Aurora spun around in a pirouette, Neve gracefully landing in her arms. They did it again, except this time while Neve was in the air, she performed the move, snow powder. Making snowflakes fall all around her and Aurora.

"Alright, now it's your turn!"

"Alright! J.J., I choose you!" Jessica exclaimed as she sent out her Wraptor.

Dan has two Pokemon Super-Effective against J.J., but if I play it smart, I think I can do some real good damage.

Jessica glared at Dan, and said, "So, who are you going to choose?"

Dan saw Jessica send out her Wraptor J.J, and decided to respond by going with his own starter.

"Alright, you ready Billy?" Dan asked his partner Ramsyturv, who gave a nod and went forward ready to battle Jessica's Wraptor.

Type advantage is nice, but no guarantee victory. We have to give it everything we have.

"Alright, ready when you are. No hard feelings either way and give it all you've got!" Dan said with a grin, excited for the battle ahead; his first battle as a trainer.

Jessica glared at Dan's Ramsyturv, Billy, and thought, I have to think smart. Any attack coming from a Ramsyturv would do a lot of damage to J.J. I think I have a plan, but I don't know how it'll work out.

Jessica then exclaimed, "J.J., use Scratch!" The Wraptor then charged at Billy, hoping to cause some damage.

Billy braced itself as J.J. delivered a scratch attack which knocked it back a few feet.

"Billy use Tackle!" Dan called out as Billy would quickly shake off the damage and charge forward to try and ram into the Wraptor.

Jessica smirked. Now it's time for my plan to commense.

"J.J." Jessica exclaimed, "Use Powder Snow, and then go for a Scratch!" J.J. then went to use it's Powder Snow on the Ramsyturv. The plan was to confuse the Ramsyturv with the mist coming from the Powder Snow, and then go for a Scratch while it's distracted.

Billy stopped as it had trouble seeing anything from the Powder Snow, Dan had to act quickly and simply decided to go on the defensive.

"Billy use Harden!" Dan instructed as Billy would crouched down and raise its defense in an effort to brace itself from J.J.'s attack. Sure enough J.J. delivered a scratch attack before it vanished in the Powder Snow.

This snow is gonna make things difficult...

"Hmph, that's smart, but I still have more up my sleeves!" Jessica exclaimed, "J.J. use Leer!"

Still hiding in the snow, J.J. found an opening on Billy and lowered Billy's Defense.

I see you're not a bad trainer, after all, but I ain't no amateur myself!

She's good, no doubt about it. But I'm not just gonna let her do as she pleases. There's got to be a way out of this...wait I think I have an idea!

"Billy, use Ember non-stop and blast all around you!" Dan ordered as Billy, who felt its defenses lower from J.J.'s Leer, gave a nod and fired a series of small fire balls in all directions, seemingly trying to find and hit J.J. hidden by the Powder Snow.

As J.J. was trying to escape the Ember from inside the Powder Snow, it was ultimately impossible, and J.J. got hit by the Ember.

Dang it! He has a counter for my strategy! I can't quit now, however! I have to prove to Otawo that I'm one of the best trainers around!"

Jessica then exclaimed, "J.J. use Powder Snow, but mix it in with some Leafage!"

J.J. then shot out a bunch of Leafages, and then shot out some Powder Snow. The plan was to have the Leafage hide in the Powder Snow, attacking Billy at random without him being able to predict the next move.

Billy continued to blast Ember around, however Billy failed to notice a few of the Leafages which where hidden in the Powder Snow and the attack began to pelt Billy. Dan cursed.

Darn it, I have to do something. But what? Wait I got it! It's risky, but I have no other choice.

"Billy use Harden and charge in the direction of where that attack is hitting you from. That's where J.J. is!" Dan instructed as Billy gave a nod and turned forward, raising its defense as it charged forward in the direction of where the Leafages where pelting it as it moved closer and closer to where J.J. would be.

Once we get close, I'll have Billy blast it with Ember at close range!

Tommy yawned. "Yo Greyson! I caught a new Pokemon!" He said, sending out Krantis. "what should I nickname you..." He asked Karantis. Karantis shrugged and proceeded to cut down grass. "Really?" Asked Tommy.