• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Fables: Re-Written - RP Thread

DevVoid

Previously Deathstalker62
If you want to join, click here to submit a character sheet in the discussion thread.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(For those with characters accepted, you can have your character's homes in the Admirable Snowman, if you want. And to clarify - Fables can use a type of magical enchantment to model their own apartment after their homes in The Homelands, if they have enough money. The Witches and Mages brewing spells for the Fabletown PD live on the 13th floor (the hotel only has 13) of the apartment hotel, so your fables can live on any floor other than that one if you choose to have them live in the Admirable Snowman.)

Fabletown, Manhattan, New York
With the sun rising over New York, the dawn of a new day was breaking through the dark coat of the night. A new day in Fabletown, a rather small community contained within a part of Manhattan, where creatures from various folktales and myths came to seek refuge from the hostiles in The Homelands, their former home.

Even if it was still early, about two hours earlier than most his business' residents get up, Yens had to get up early to wake the goblin cooks in the Cafeteria of the Admirable Snowman, as well as to make sure Braxton and Graham were up and ready for another day of doing.. whatever it is they do. Yens only knows of the things he orders them to do, not much of whatever else activities they do. The Fable had done his usual morning routine within his own room on the ground floor - a room that, with an enchantment that had cost Yens a pretty penny - lead inside an icy cave with caveman symbols on the walls and furniture made out of pine wood and stone alike with rows of torches lining the walls. While one would end up in the cave on entering the apartment there was, at the other end of the cave, an open exit into a small snowy area with a raging blizzard - resembling the snowy mountain range of the Himalayas.

Having finished preparations, Yens exited his enchanted apartment, walking out into the hallway of the Admirable Snowman's ground floor, jingling a key chain in his right hand. Yens walked down the hallway, up until he reached the reception area and unlocked the front entrance of the building for customers to enter and leave as they please. With this done, Yens walked down the second hallway leading down straight from the entrance of the hotel. (Imagine the two hallways being in an L shape, with the corner being the reception area and the entry doors leading out to the curb of the sidewalk)

Down at the end of that hallway, Yens unlocked yet another set of doors, these ones being made of glass as opposed to the elegant, carved wooden doors of the hotel's entry. These glass doors lead into the large cafeteria of the hotel, with Yens briefly walking in to enter the kitchen area, then a door to the far left corner into the area where the goblin workers slept. Yens rung the bell to wake the workers up for another day of managing and running the kitchen, just to walk out of the kitchen area again, back to the reception area. On the way, Yens gave a silent wave and a faint smile to Braxton who just ignored the Yeti Fable and went on his way to find his pal, Graham Grafton.

With two hours passed, Yens reached the reception desk and had sat down at the office chair behind the desk, started up the computer, fully ready to start the day and greet the customers residing in his hotel - if any stopped by the reception desk, that is. Though, he believed some should, as the current time was the time most of his residents woke up.

@| Korutesu | @Shadow_Pup @kayladax @Red Gallade @EeveeBlueSisters
(I do believe that is everyone with a character - sorry if I forgot anyone!)

Last edited:
Acacia

A fable in a cloth wearing a fox mask walked through the city of new york as the streets was very busy due to business hours early in the morning. The outfit under the cloth she was wearing was suited for her job as she was a traveling herbalist, a person that heals injuries for humans and fables alike. She needed a place to stay for at least today to get some rest before she would travel again after putting up flyers about her healing work. She came across a hotel as she sees this as a place for shelter. She opens the door walking right in before she closes the door behind her. She looks around seeing the receptionist desk and walks up to it. "Excuse me....do you have any rooms available....if your open....." She asked gently.

JC

A young lady wearing a wolf mask that was blue-streaked walked through the streets of NY heading to her dojo early in the morning to open it up. This was her job during the day until early at night. She pulled out her keys as she slipped it on the lock only to open it as she walked in before locking it on the inside to no customers would enter just yet. She started to set up the dojo for the day before she had flipped the sign to open before going on the mat bowing first before walking on it as she sat down in the middle legs cross as she quietly meditated to keep her breathing under control.

@DevVoid

Last edited:
Briar had awoken early that morning, her alarm clock blasting on her bedside. She slammed her hand over the top of it, snoozing. She was certainly not a morning person and found she got the most work done at nights. Alas, she had to be awake for business hours. Briar swung each leg over the side of the bed, sitting up with her eyes closed. With a tired groan, she stood up and went to go and ready herself for work.
Showered and dressed, she fed her pet mice and exited her apartment. She placed one earbud in her ear and went on her way to the office. As Fabletown Secretary, she had her work cut out for her. Her greatest challenge during the day was fighting the urge to take a nap or sleep on the job. Not that she wanted to in the first place; She couldn't help it.
On her way to her office, she normally stopped at a local coffee shop to grab coffee for herself and tea for the Sheriff. She had never really asked if he liked tea or not, she just assumed, because of his fable. After grabbing the drinks she finally arrived at the precinct. She dropped off the tea at the sheriff's office and headed for her own, ready for a day of paperwork, paperwork, and more paperwork.

| Korutesu |

Previously NotAPokemonRanger
Chester had woken up in his bed, his alarm ringing aloud, as usual. It had been about six a.m, when Chester woke up. Arriving at about seven a.m at the office, His daily tea was already there, along with the secretary of FableTown PD, Briar Rose. "Goodmorning, Briar. Thanks for the tea." Chester told Briar as he passed by.

Sitting down, He checked his received letters. It had nothing of note, nothing was out of the ordinary... Well, except for the constant mail that he had been receiving the past week about a Mafia around town.

"I could ask Grim once he gets here..." Chester told himself, Looking up at the clock, now being 7:05 A.M.

Walking over to Briar, He asked her if she knew anything about the Mafia, or if she got any letters, or emails regarding it.
"Briar, Did you get anything, in both letters and emails, regarding a Mafia? I've been getting lots of emails about it, and i've been meaning to check up on it. Let me know if you do. Thank you."

Briar was sat at her desk, looking at the papers on her desk. She lowered her glasses from her eyes to look up at him.
"Not a thing. To be expected, I suppose," she muttered, putting the pen she was chewing on down. "It's rather hard to find information on a mafia, in which not even members of said mafia know the name of their boss," she grunted, slumping in her chair slightly.
"Other than the mafia, there's been a few robberies recently... Maybe to do with the mafia, I'm not sure. They just sent me these case reports," she slid three stapled documents across her desk to him.
"Have fun."

Void_Nugget

Previously Shadow_Pup
Michael & Grim
The pair of old friends walked along the street with their coffees, their canes click-clacking against the pavement with every step. They arrived at the Fabletown PD which was situated opposite their place of work, the Fabletown Town Hall. The entered the police department to say a quick hello, "Good Morning Sheriff, Miss Briar" Grim said pleasantly as Michael gave a swift nod. Grim continued "Anything of high importance today, or is it just the regular problems" he asked the Sheriff "Grim I will see you after your done here" Michael stated as he exited the building and made his way to the town hall.
@| Korutesu | @kayladax

Manti woke up to the annoying sound of his alarm clock, he grumbled as he reluctantly got up and went to yawn, as he did a scorpion's tail grew from his back and went to press the alarm clock to make it stop, when his bedroom was silent, his scorpion tail retracted back as he went to get dressed. Despite the violent and bloodthirsty creature Manti was born to be, his room had a very nice interior; his walls, floors and ceilings were all polished wood with many decorations on the shelved from fine china to paintings and plants. Manti went to get his breakfast which mainly consisted of two slices of toast while one hand went to turn on the tv just above his fireplace to see the news, as he ate his breakfast, the main thing he heard about was this Mafia within his town, this made Manti scoff with slight annoyance as he knew this wouldn't give him the peace and quiet he desired.

Once he was done with his breakfast, he looked in the mirror to make sure his clothes were neat and tidy before he walked to the door and grabbed his large brown trench coat to put on, along with his phone, wallet and keys before he finally walked out of his apartment and in to the hallway--which looked nothing like his home--and walked downstairs. When he went downstairs, he noticed Yens at the counter near the entrance and smiled, rather than leave, he looked at his watch and nodded before he walked over. "Mornin', Yens."

DevVoid

Yens looked to the person who had just walked into his hotel, recognizing the scent of a fellow Fable on them. " Greetings! Welcome to the Admirable Snowman! " Yens had spoke, only continuing to talk once he heard the new customer out. " One moment, I'll check in with our reservations.. " Yens explained, before he looked back at the computer monitor and scanned through the list of residents on each floor and what room they were in, before he looked back to the girl. " Ah, 215 is available. That would be on the second floor, the hallway to the right when exiting the elevator, room fifteen. " Yens stated before having heard his name, glancing over to Manti and waved to the Manticore Fable. " Morning, Manti. Give me a second, just wrapping things up with a customer. " Yens looked back to the customer with a raised eyebrow. " How many nights are you planning to stay, ma'am? " @EeveeBlueSisters @Red Gallade

She took a breath before giving a gentle smile. "Just for tonight.....I travel a lot so I don't stay in places for so long unless I get a call from a patient that they need help with injuries...." She said only to look at the man who came forward. "oh.... Greetings fellow fable..." She said only to hear her phone ring. "Oh...excuse me..my apologies..." She said taking out her phone as she answered it. She pulled out a notepad to write down the patients information before ending the call. "My apologies....I actually might need the room for a couple of nights....is that alright?" She asked pulling out her wallet. "How much would be for a couple of nights....?" She asked.

@DevVoid @Red Gallade

Last edited:

DevVoid

" Oh, just a couple nights? I'll write you down as a temporary resident then, ma'am. One moment please.. " Yens explained before having glanced back to the computer monitor. A few clicks and some typing later, he registered the room as taken and entered the amount just as he had explained. Yens had then stood up, turned around and gotten to the lockers behind him, each labelled with a different set of numbers corresponding to the hotel's rooms and each holding the key to their assigned room's number. He unlocked the one labelled '215' with his keychain, took out the key out of the locker and closed it again, locking it after. Yens turned to put the key on the desk, and shook his head as the woman pulled out her wallet. " It's $80 a night, but there's no need to pay upfront - temporary residents only need to pay on their last night. Oh, before I forget, do you think I could get your name? Just a formality - every resident here needs to have their name registered to their room in our system. " Through his explanation, Yens had briefly crouched to take out a brochure from beneath the desk, having tossed it next to the key. Inside the brochure was a short, detailed description of the Admirable Snowman Hotel and the benefits it gives - though it was little different to other hotel benefits. (Basically just describing it has free wifi, free meals, etc.) @EeveeBlueSisters

Last edited:
She looked to him only to smile. "Oh....how rude of me... Acacia is my name....a traveling herbalist....if you want to know my occupation...." She said before looking into her wallet as she pulled out 80. "No..I insist that I pay up front....that way you don't have to worry about payment it ...this is so I don't forget since I do travel a lot...so please take it" she added sliding the money to him while taking the brochure in exchange. .
@DevVoid @Red Gallade

DevVoid

" Well, I suppose if you want to pay each night, that'd do as well. Enjoy your stay at the Admirable Snowman! Oh, and don't forget your room's key there, it was next to the brochure you picked up. Have a nice day! " Yens spoke as he pointed at the key on the desk and nodded to the woman before sitting back down in his chair. Yens took the money off of his desk, opening a safe beneath his desk to put the money inside, then closed the safe again, locking it shut. Following that, Yens slid in his office chair, rotating himself toward Manti now that he was done with the customer. " So, Manti, heading back out to The Winged Lion again today, I suppose? " @EeveeBlueSisters @Red Gallade

Last edited:

| Korutesu |

Chester took the case reports from Briar, nodding, "Thank you, Briar." Walking back to his office, he passed by Grim and Michael.
"Goodmorning, Mayor, Grim" Chester told them, When Grim asked if there was anything of importance that day.
"I've been getting reports of a Mafia in my letters the past few days, Haven't got any leads or anything, just reports... About three every day, and a bit of robberies around town.."

He took a sip of his tea. Then said, "Well? Michael's waiting for you, I'll call you when i need you,"
He sat back down, reading the case reports.
Briar was right, there wasn't anything about the Mafia in the letters she had gotten.
What could they find out about the Mafia? Chester hadn't found out yet.
They had no leads at all, Nobody they could ask, Unless...
Chester thought that the Mafia could be held up in a building, like, some sort of cover-up. Well, That's what Chester thought anyway.
one thing for sure, is that the PD couldn't just bust into a very known building on a work-day, And it shouldn't be out-of-the-blue either. it had to be at the right time, when they got more evidence.

"Oh...thank you so much really...have a nice day...." She said walking away from the reception desk giving a good bye to the guy named Mantis before she headed to the elevator as she entered inside using it to get to the floor of her room. She removed her mask as she sighed softly glad she is able to breath for a bit until the elevator opened quickly putting it back on as she left the elevator. She looked down the halls seeing the room numbers until she found the number on her room key. She inserted the key inside the lock turning it as it opened as she walked in. She closed the door behind her locking from the outside. She removed her mask and cloth revealing her facial appearance and outfit she was wearing as she folded it placing it down on the bed. She sat down only to remove her herbal bag that was on her before she opened it as she went through her herb supplies making sure she wasn't low on anything.

@DevVoid @Red Gallade

Manti kept his hands in the pockets of his coat and nodded at Yens. "Yeah, someone has to keep the place running. Got an extra shipment of drinks the other day and I still need them to go on the shelves ready for customers." He said as he looked at his watch. "With any luck, hopefully it'll be another quiet day." He added before he started to walk over to the front door. "Well I gotta go and open, hopefully we'll talk again later." He gave a little wave as he walked off. When he got outside, he took a breath of air and began to walk down the street, he reached in to one of his inner pockets and got out a cigar which he put to his mouth, the cigar looked like one of the finer brands, he then got out a lighter and lit the other end if the cigar.

As he walked, he occasionally took the cigar out of his mouth to exhale a cloud of smoke before him and smiled at how peaceful his stroll was, contrary to the violence of his past, he felt as though he made the right choice. After a while of walking, he began to see his bar up ahead; The Winged Lion. Manti walked inside to look around, the interior looked decent to say the least; most of the interior structure was polished wood with the walls littered with a few paintings and a dartboard that appeared to have been used often, the bar itself had up to eleven wooden stools with red leather on the top and a few tables nearly arranged around the area. Near the middle of it was a stunning pool table with the balls already set up in case anyone who entered wanted to start playing, next to the dartboard was a jukebox which played many different tracks for a little bit of cash.

Behind the bar counter was a shelf with many different types of beverages, mainly alcoholic ones, yet also some non-alcoholic ones for those who didn't drink. The fable looked around his bar with a smile as he went to hang up his coat, but took the lighter and cigars out of his coat pockets and in to his trouser pockets before he went to walked behind the counter where the drinks were to make sure they were fresh and full, if they weren't he had to go to the storage room in the back to restock the shelves. After a while of morning organizing, he grabbed a tv remote and got ready to turn on the tv behind him where either sports or the news were watched, he got out a cloth and began to wipe on the counter's surface, he was always determined to make sure his place was nice for any customers despite how quiet his place tended to be.

"The three recent robberies were too high profile for any reasonable person to not suspect the mafia," she said, then taking a generous sip of her coffee. "There's 4 individuals we have warrants for in correlation with said robberies, all suspected mafia members. The details are in that file I gave to the sheriff. That's as far as I can go with these cases."
Briar pushed herself away from her desk and spun around, scooting in at the desk behind her. She began to type away on a typewriter.
"I ordered donuts to be brought to the break room if any of you are interested," she called out.

Void_Nugget

Previously Shadow_Pup
Grim & Michael
Grim gave a small nod to the Sheriff and a polite wave to Briar as he swiftly turned and made his way out of the precinct and across to the town hall. He entered the hall and walked into Michael's office "Right Wings I've done that for today what did you want to talk about" he asked resting his cane against the wall. Michael looked up from his desk, "well firstly Grim I've told you to stop calling me Wings and secondly she's been searching for you again, my contacts outside Fabletown have bee hearing whispers of your name all over, you should have expected this, after it's not in her nature to give up on a search" Michael said matter of factly, Grim sighed "ugh damn that woman, we should be fine she doesn't know about this place no human does" he stated calmly.

Katelyn
The woman in question is Katelyn Smith, a human detective, and as Grim and Michael were talking she was just reaching the border of Fabletown. She sat in her car glancing at the maps and documents that sat beside her depicting everything she had found on this place, she knew Grim was here and she was going to find him, whether he liked it or not.

Acacia

After settling in the hotel room, she checked her herbal bag making sure she didn't forget anything for the patient she needed to help. She fixed her hair a bit before grabbing the cloth she folded on the bed placing it on before the hood went over her head. She placed her bag around her inside the cloth she was wearing before had lastly put the fox mask on the hide her facial appearance. She grabbed her keys to the room as she walked out only to lock it from outside. She placed the keys inside her bag to prevent them from getting lost before she made her way to the elevator to make her way down. Once the elevator doors opened, she walked out waving the receptionist before she left the hotel. She had grabbed a coffee along the way as she was making her way to the destination. She could have teleported there but she enjoyed the walk for the moment as she looked through her notes that she wrote the information in on the patient. @DevVoid

JC

Many of her students started entering the dojo as she took a deep breath before standing up. Each of her students bowed to her before going onto the mat as they started their daily stretches. She grabbed a wooden stick in the shape of a sword as she stood in front of her class as she rested both of her hands on the top of it as she silently watched them do their daily stretches.

DevVoid

Yens gave a slight, hearty chuckle at Manti commenting that someone has to keep his bar running. " Hah, I know that feeling all too well. It's a bothersome duty to have so much to take care of, but if the work lies close to your heart, no chore's a bore, eh? " Yens joked, standing up from his chair and rolling it back to its original position. Yens had listened and watched as Manti took his leave, with Yens waving back as the Manticore Fable left the building. With that little chat over, Yens briefly left to get himself a coffee from the cafeteria, as well as to check in with the cooks.

Though all but a few of the goblins were on break from having nothing to do, they all seemed to hold up alright. Yens just flashed them a thumbs-up as he went to a vending machine to get himself an ice coffee poured - hot beverages, while tasty, just didn't feel as close to home with the Yeti as ice-cold drinks did. With a cup of iced coffee in hand, Yens walked back to his reception area, kicked his feet up on the desk and enjoyed some quiet time, waving to the passing customers on their way out of the hotel - which included the newest customer, that woman with the red theme and the sun necklace.

Yens had little to do other than computer work and room service. Though he did send some goblin workers for room service since they had nothing to do, Yens was just relieved that the residents of the 13th floor did not ask for room service from him specifically. Because frankly, despite them working with the police department.. Yens did not want to know what the witches and sorcerers did up there with their spell-making and whatnot. With some free time, Yens kicked his feet back up on the desk, waiting until a new customer walked in, or one of the residents needed something from him.

comic

Previously turnt3chGodh34d
Her hands were trembling. She struggled to bring the cigarette up to her lips, poking her cheeks with it a couple times before managing to slide it between her lips. The uncontrollable shaking of her limbs didn't seem close to ceasing any time soon. Next, she struggled to push her fingers into the tight pocket of her skinny jeans, anxiously easing out a green lighter to then attempt and light the end of the cigarette with. She would have been a sore sight to see, taking at least five minutes to even do this deed, but she managed, lighting the end and tucking the lighter back into her pocket.

Laura inhaled deeply, closing her eyes as she savored the intake, before she pulled the cigarette from her lips, and tilted her head back, eyes still closed. For several seconds, she held the smoke inside, before letting out a deep exhale, a cloud emitting from her mouth at this. Slowly, her hands began to calm. Her body still shivered as though she were cold, but overall, she was calming down.
Several moments of still silence passed, before she took another drag, easing her nerves. Truth was, Laura hated smoking, but it was the only thing that could calm her, and she was in desperate need of calming right about now.

After taking a third drag, Laura let her arms fall against her side, sighing deeply as a silent tear ran down her cheek, one that she quickly brushed away. Finally, she opened her eyes to find she was staring at a ceiling. It was pocked with holes, years of wear, tear, and abuse. She couldn't help but let out a sad chuckle. It was like her.
Feeling herself eased, Laura finally took in her surroundings completely. This was his apartment, but she couldn't afford to be here. Not any longer. She brought her hand up for a fourth drag, but paused, catching sight of the blood staining her hands. It made her throat tighten. She did what she had to do, she knew that. Anyone else in her position would have done the same thing, but... that hardly condoned murder.
His body had been left several blocks away. She'd made sure he was dead when she ran. Fables were hard to kill, but considering his brains now painted each wall of that basement, it was doubtful he'd come back from it. His head had been turned to mush by her own fists.

Timidly, she glared at the bleeding knuckles of her hand, her own blood mingling with his. Feeling her stomach twist, she dropped the cigarette to the ground, quickly stamping it out and closing her eyes again. This wasn't the kind of life she'd intended on living. Not by a long shot. When Fabletown had been established, she'd been one of the last few to join, though she'd never made many real attempts to become part of the community. No, instead, she'd kept to herself. Watched from the sidelines. Until recently, she'd nearly been forgotten about. Her story was fading from time, and soon, so would she. Beset to a fate like this could drive anybody over the edge, surely. That's what she told herself. How she rationalized her recent erratic behavior. Why she'd killed that Prince. Lindworm, he'd told her his name was. A dashing, charming fellow who'd then tried to eat her, among... other things. Her act of murder was entirely justified, yet even still... it wasn't at all like killing a Wendigo.

Quickly, Laura strode through the apartment toward Lindworm's bathroom, turning on the faucet and getting to work on scrubbing her hands. The water was scalding hot, yet she hardly noticed, continuing to scrub away at her red skin before she realized the blood was gone, and she'd been just rubbing her hands raw.
Shutting off the water, her eyes flitted toward the blood stain she'd left on the hot water handle. An investigation would be launched, and she was probably making this easy for the detectives. As much as she wanted to be one herself, it was unlikely she'd ever succeed. Grabbing a rag, she got to work on scrubbing the blood away, before returning to the living room to clean up the cigarette she'd left behind. The next ten minutes circles around her cleaning up any evidence of her being there, before she stuffed her pocket with the rag, and retreated back to the place she called home.

It was still dark out as she walked, casting fervent glances to and fro, expecting the Sheriff or another Detective to leap out and her and slap cuffs over her wrists. They never came. Prince Lindworm had been murdered in the basement of an abandoned building, where he'd lured her. While she wanted to believe his body wouldn't be found for a while, Fabletown's Mayor happened to be a Reaper. He was probably already fully aware of the death. Was she being hunted right now? Did anyone know?
She arrived at the run-down building on the outskirts of Fabletown. An dingy old apartment for the less fortunate Fables, like herself. The Fables about to be forgotten. This was where Fables went to die as the world forgot they existed. A haunting fate... but impossible to change.
It was nothing like the Admirable Snowman. For one, it wasn't admirable at all. Another, there was now Yeti that ran it. Instead, it was some seedy old Fable that Laura had never learned the story of. Like her, he was on the verge of being forgotten.

She marched inside, finding that the old man was standing behind the greeting counter, his expression as serious as always. Diverting eye contact, she sped-walked past him and up a flight of deteriorating stairs until she reached the third floor, making a beeline for room 302. She had the key for the door, but none of the locks here worked. Stealing was rampant within these walls, so she didn't keep anything personal or valuable. Just a mattress on the floor. Anything else she carried on her. All except various clothing, make-up, and bathroom essentials she hid beneath a loose floorboard. Random assortments of random clothes. Right now, she was dressed in gothic attire. A torn black t-shirt, black skinny jeans, knee-high black boots... it matched with her hair, which was jet black today, and the heavy black make-up she'd put on yesterday afternoon, which was now a mess on her face. Using the same rag, she cleaned herself up, changed into a different set of clothes, her usual black bomber vest over a red sweatshirt, with faded blue jeans, though the combat boots remained.
Next, she dyed her hair. Blonde, her most frequent color. Feeling satisfied with the changes, she scoured her hiding place for gloves of any kind to cover her temporarily ruined hands. They'd heal eventually, but she'd rather avoid questions.

Finding a pair of white gloves, she slid her hands into them, put on some light make-up, used deodorant and perfume, then looked at herself in the mirror as the sun rose, shining a brilliant gleam through the cracked, lonely window of her room. Dark circles hung under her eyes, something she would never be rid of. Her vivid blue eyes looked so very... dull... with a hint of sadness behind them.
Having made the necessary changes, Laura left the apartment, traveling down through the slums of Manhattan, finding a group of homeless mundies circled around an old rusty bin, fire crackling inside. Wordlessly, Laura approached, and tossed the only remaining physical evidence into the fire. The bearded men around her stared, but she ignored them, watching as the reg shriveled and blackened.
Satisfied, Laura returned to the limits of Fabletown, wandering her way down a few streets as the city woke up.

Here, the girl made a crucial decision. She would forget this ever happened. Pretend as though she'd never met Lindworm. As for an alibi? People hardly knew her. Nobody kept an eye on her. She could just say she was spending some time lurking in Hell's Kitchen. That seemed reasonable enough. Altering her mind to believe this, she had no trouble in improving her spirits, at least slightly, as she made her way to the Winged Lion. Her place of work. She was a part-time employee there, its owner, Manti, had been reluctant to hire her. It had taken her nearly three months to convince him, and she still had yet to miss a day. Laura might have had her issues, but at least she was punctual.

She arrived at the Winged Lion to find the Manticore in disguise was already busying himself, getting the bar ready. She glanced down at her watch, which was clinging to life just as good as her, to find her shift was nearly ready. She'd had no sleep, but that didn't bother her much. It wasn't like he was going to question the dark circles under her eyes, considering they were always there. She hated sleeping anyway. Her dreams were constantly plagued with horrific nightmares she could never escape from.
Making sure her white gloves were still on, Laura calmly entered the Winged Lion, giving Manti a short wave and the briefest of fake smiles. This was the extent of her interactions with most people. Her body language always quite clearly indicated her lack of interest regarding social interaction, and those that did try to talk to her usually only ever got very sarcastic responses in return.
While she hated speaking, she knew Manti preferred her to be professional and polite, so she forced out; "Morning." In the dullest of voices. "Need me to do anything today?"

@Red Gallade

| Korutesu |

He checked the files, It had nothing of importance other than four suspects, four injured and one was shot down by one of the robbers. The dead fable was unable to be identified, While the scene hadn't been searched, It had been closed down for the week.

He grabbed his suitcase, and grabbed his car keys. "Briar, I'll be going to the bank, Going to see if i can find anything. Fingerprints, Bloodstains.. everything. If anyone comes by, tell the i'll call them back by the end of the day. And another thing, If Grim comes by, tell him to come over to the bank, he'll be needed there. Thanks, now i'll be off." As he drove off to the bank.

Acacia

She had just finished treating the patient as she left instructions with medication they had to take in very simple steps so they wouldn't get confused. The patient was struggling with money so told them it was alright that they didn't have pay because the patients health was more important to her but they insisted that they gave her something so gave her a check instead. The problem was....she didn't know how to process it so decided to visit the bank for help. She decided to walk all the way there as teleporting would just catch attention but what she didn't know what that she was being secretly followed in the shadows. She arrived at the bank but had stood there for a long while unsure what to do or ask when she got inside. @| Korutesu |

JC

By the end of the day, her students were wiped out as she was sparring with each and every one fo them without showing mercy unless they are new. She told them class was dismissed and giving them a job well done before they all bowed at her walking off the mat to drink water from the fountain she had placed when they were finished. She took a breath only to place the wooden sword back on the stand to rest before she sat down in the middle of the mat as she heard the door open for a long while until she heard it shut until she was alone in the dojo with her thoughts.

Manti turned his head to the front entrance of the bar to see Laura had just entered, he smiled to see one of his employees arrive to work. "Ah, Laura, good morning. As for what you can do, why not just start off by giving the tables a clean?" He said before he stopped cleaning the bar in front of him and went over to the drinks behind him to see what was good and what needed replacing. "When you're done with those, I could use a hand in seeing what drinks need to be put on the shelves." The Fable walked out from the bar and went to the back to look through the many different beverages.

Void_Nugget

Previously Shadow_Pup
Grim & Michael
Grim glanced up from a paper he was reading with a dark expression, Michael glanced at his friend, "Grim what is it, someone dead?" he asked as Grim stood up, Michael go to the precinct and inform Briar that Prince Lindworm is dead, his body is in the basement of this building" he said writing the location on a piece of paper "I'm heading to the bank as I assume the sheriff will already be there" he added before picking up his cane and heading out to the bank. Michael grabbed his own cane and swiftly made his way into the precinct.

Grim
Upon arriving at the bank, Grim spotted someone outside the bank, "hello are you new, I dont think I've seen you before, if your waiting for the bank though there has been an incident so it will be closed for a while" he said apologetically before heading to the door "I'm Grim the Mayor, come by my office if there is anything you need I have to assist with this incident" he as he entered and found Chester, "so what's happened exactly" he asked looking around.
@| Korutesu | @EeveeBlueSisters
Michael
Michael walked over to Briar, "hello again, I'm afraid I come with bad news, Grim has informed me that Prince Lindworm is dead, this piece of paper has his bodies location" he said handing the paper over "i could be of help and head over to check the place out if you would like, I may be the Judge but i can be of assitance" he asked politely.
@kayladax

Katelyn
Driving across the Katelyn had a sudden chill run up her spine like she shouldn't be here but she ignored it and found a decent place to park, she walked for a while before stumbling across a bar, 'The Winged Lion'. She entered "Hello um your open right, could I get a drink" noticing how empty it was and wondering if she had entered before they were open, she would get a drink first then ask about Grim. She didnt want them to get defensive or suspicious after all.
@Red Gallade @comic

| Korutesu |

"Ah, Grim! You're here." He walked over to Grim, "Someone's been shot dead, the guy has 2 gunshots to the chest. I've been looking around, And i found the gun lying around, behind the desk." He took out an air-lock bag, with a gun inside.

"I'm taking this to get DNA scanned in a few." Chester told Grim, "So, have you found anything out yet Grim? Have you identified the body?" Chester asked. The file that he had got hadn't been, and wasn't the updated one, so Chester hadn't known which fable's body was found.

"I might keep this plave closed for a few more days, for another crew to come clean this up, and so both of us could find more DNA Samples." He told Grim in a very calm voice. The week was a busy week, for sure. There were so many things happening around town, that the precint couldn't keep up.

@Shadow_Pup

Acacia
She looked at the fable would had introduced himself as Grim the Mayor himself. She watched him enter the bank she was unable to enter due to an incident. Honestly, she didn't know where the mayor stayed as she seemed lost now. She had no choice but to wait outside as she leaned against on of the walls of the bank and wait for him to come out so that way she could ask for his help right away. She didn't feel comfortable in waiting outside like this but it was the only option to her at the moment to get a moment to talk with him.

@Shadow_Pup

Briar spun around in her chair to face Micheal.
"Aw, shit," she muttered, frowning at the piece of paper that was presented to her, "I'll put this on file and email the sheriff. I would go to the scene myself to see if there's anything that I could do but I've sort of been bombarded by the recent robberies."
She stood up, grabbing the papers and pinning them to a corkboard that sat beside her desk on the wall. "The mafia has been restless," she spoke, then turning herself to face Micheal.
"I'd really appreciate it if you went and checked it out. You can just text me the information, I'll make sure it reaches the sheriff."

|| @Shadow_Pup ||

Manti walked out from the back with a few bottles in his hand, he turned his head to the human woman with a raised eyebrow which slowly turned in to a friendly smile. "Ah! Our first customer of the day, I dunno if I've seen you here before, but welcome to The Winged Lion. And to answer your question, you can indeed have a drink--despite how early it is--if you would be so kind as to specify what your poison will be for today?" The fable asked in a friendly tone of voice as he was in the middle of putting the drink bottles on the shelf behind him, after which, he turned around to face the customer with his hands on the counter.

Void_Nugget

Previously Shadow_Pup
Grim
He glanced at the body, "I think he's one of the bankers maybe, you may want to double check though, I'm gonna head outside to speak with a new face" he said bowing his head apologetically as he made his way swiftly outside the building once more "hello again" he said to the woman waiting outside "Ok so I'm Grim Reaper, I'm the mayor. What's your name may I ask and is there anything I can help you with?" he asked politely.
@| Korutesu | @EeveeBlueSisters

Michael
"Understood dear, I will return here with what I find out though I doubt there'll be much" Michael stated as he stepped outside the building and promptly sprouted his glowing pure white gold trimmed wings and soared through town reaching the abandoned building in question. He entered and began to examine the area.

Katelyn
She smiled at the bartender "hi there, um can I get a whiskey please" she said as she placed a file on the table to read through it while she waited, the file in question actually had nothing to do with fables for a change and was a collection of some ongoing cases but there was a picture of her and Grim tucked in the front that she pulled out and looked at kindly.
@Red Gallade @comic

comic

Previously turnt3chGodh34d
Laura gave a nod, followed by a quiet; "Cool. Okay." This was a fairly standard interaction with the girl. She was quiet, kept to herself, and definitely harbored more than one dark and dirty secret than just killing some rapey, cannibalistic fairy tale prince down on his luck. Immediately, the girl collected the proper cleaning equipment (it had to be specific, Manti was peculiar about his bar being presentable) then she set to work on making each and every table shine. Before she'd even finished with the first, some woman came in, asking if they were open, and for a drink.
She was looking at Laura, who looked back in mild surprise, not used to being asked such pressing questions such as this before. Her eyes darted behind the newcomer toward one of the windows where the 'open' sign had been hung up.

"Yeah. We're open. Would you like some awareness? You're lucky, I believe we have it on tap."
This is what she would have said, had Laura not had any self-restraint. Deciding to stow any rude and unprofessional actions or dialogue, she simply stared back at this woman through her tired, slightly blood-shot eyes, before she was saved as Manti appeared a moment later to accommodate the woman.
Letting out a sigh of relief, Laura quickly put as much distance between herself and the woman, moving to the back of the bar to continue scrubbing tables.
She was no stranger to pushing back strange, inappropriate impulses like that. Maybe she was just an a-hole under the surface. Or maybe that was the other part of her clawing for the surface. Laura decided to forget that though. She didn't like thinking about her other side. Instead, she kept her eyes away from the woman, continuing to clean. Laura wasn't particular about people she knew, let alone strange outsiders she'd never even seen before. While she was shy and quiet, Laura knew every single Fable in this town. She was observant. Laura was exceptionally skilled at blending into shadows and hearing things she ought not to. Could she use this to her advantage and make some easy money selling secrets? Absolutely. Would she? Absolutely not. She might have killed a guy 6 hours ago but she had morals and principles.

Acacia

She leaned off the wall while she was holding a check in her hands as she nervously spoke. "I'm....Acacia....and I travel a lot so...I don't know how to put this check into...dollars...but the bank is unavailable...so I don't know where to go next to deposit this .....you see I am a traveling herbalist....so I don't stay in one area for so long....so I was wondering.....if you can maybe help me....I am quite new...to the city...." She asked gently as she pulled down her hood to reveal her red hair and the mask which revealed her facial expression as she looked to Grim Reaper with her emerald colored eyes through her glasses before glancing away. "Apologies for....hiding myself....I have reasons to be doing so....." She added hands shaking a bit. @Void_Nugget

"Coming right up." Manti said with a nod before the turned back to the shelf to grab a bottle of whiskey along with a glass, he put the latter on the table before he took the top off the bottle. His gaze turned to the customer who seemed to get out what looked like a file and a photo, while he didn't know what the photo was about, he smiled when she smiled as he started to pour her drink. "Anything else?" He asked the moment he stopped pouring and put the top back on, then he turned around to put the bottle back on the shelf.

| Korutesu |

"Sure. I'll stay here and inspect the body. I'll see you again in a bit." Chester had inspected the body more, and maybe Grim was right, maybe it was a banker. But he didn't know the name.

Chester had a few questions going on in his mind, one of which was 'Why was the banker killed, and not kept alive like the others?'. He thought that the banker had been forced to give the Mafia the money, then killed. But Chester wasn't too sure about it. Maybe the banker had given info out to someone around town, and maybe Chester, along with others, could find that information and finally catch that Mafia, to stop getting the town from being in chaos basically every single day.

Exiting the bank, he noticed Grim talking to a female, she was new here and she probably hasn't known what's been going on.
"Grim, I'll be going back to the precint, stay longer if you'd like, but please lock the doors." Chester told Grim in a calm voice as he drove off back to the precint to get the gun a DNA scan. He knew surely that the Mafia had been wearing gloves during the heist, but the fable hoped that they didn't and got some kind of DNA Sample from the gun.

Void_Nugget

Previously Shadow_Pup
Grim
He nodded in acknowledgement to Chester as he watched him leave for a second before turning to Acacia. He smiled "Oh I dont mind if you hide your face, almost all of us where masks.." he lowered his human disguise momentarily revealing a skull with glowing green eyes, before disguising once more "..just yours is more literal" he said before considering the girls predicament. He then had a decent idea "you know I have some money at the town hall that is supposed to be going to the bank anyway so I can skip the middle man and cash your cheque for you, i have a quick errand to run but the building your looking for is down the street and to the left, you can't miss it it's the big one opposite the precinct" he said politely before excusing himself and teleporting to a location in the mundie world to assist one of his reapers.
@EeveeBlueSisters

Katelyn
She gladly took the drink "no thank you this'll be all for now" she said as she placed the picture on the table in plain sight and started to read through her file going to a small section dedicated to strange occurrences and happenings at the border of this town. She glanced around the bar subtly and then decided to make conversation "um dont take this the wrong way but your town isnt very well known is it, I mean it's not even on any maps" she said with a curious expression hoping to get some smaller information before she asked about Grim.
@Red Gallade

Acacia

She watched as Grim excused himself after giving directions to her before placing her mask back on to hide her facial features once again. She followed the directions as she made her way down the street and took a left seeing the town hall almost immediately. She looked at how big it was before grabbing the handle of the door pulling up her hood as she did before entering inside then from there she looked around confused on where to go next.
@Void_Nugget

Fang

He left his house once he fed his two cat Shadow and Naga as he made his way to work for the evening. This was most suitable for his schedule because standing in the heat for too long could make him feel very lightheaded. He made sure he had everything before leaving as he walked for a while before walking into the Lions bar. He sighed softly before looking at Manti. "Good Afternoon Manti....Laura....need help with anything around here?" He asked them.
@comic @Red Gallade

Manti turned his eyes to Katelyn when she spoke in regards about how the town he was in wasn't on any maps. "Maybe some people choose to live here for the sake of peace and quiet, I mean... you know how noisy the big city can get at times, right?" He smiled before he noticed Fang walk in and waved at him. "Ah, Fang. We don't have very many customers at the time, so do you think you can just give the floor a quick sweep?" The fable asked before he looked back at the human ahead of him, certain that she may have another question or two.

A majestic, white horse trotted through the forest. There were four children sitting on its back, and the horse had caught the eye of yet another. It extended its back, allowing room for the fifth child, and looked as beautiful as it could. This foolish child could not resist and climbed up on the horses back. The horse trotted around for a while until it could see the nearby creek, deep enough to fit a horse and more under the surface. The white horse stopped, looked straight at the creek and started galloping towards it. It was fast, and before the children knew what happened the horse had jumped straight into the water, and disappeared under the surface.

Not even twenty minutes later a man with curly brown hair was getting dressed next to the creek. He put on his white T-Shirt and started walking back to where he lived, Fabletown. This man was one of the Nix, but he went by the name Stefan. This was the same creature as the horse, and he was a killer in both of his forms. The murders usually happened just outside of Fabletown as fables were usually incredibly hard to kill, but there had been a few times where he had managed to drown a weaker fable.
"I need to stop killing so much. If they don't already, they'll soon enough realise that they're dealing with a serial killer," he whispered to himself, making sure that nobody could overhear him. It was just a matter of time before someone found the bodies, even though he usually put them in a stream so they float away. Stefan had killed a lot these past few days, but he couldn't resist his nature. He didn't want to either, but he would have to be more careful.

Before he knew it he was outside his apartment in Fabletown. He had a very shady landlord, but for some reason Stefan trusted him. He went to unlock his apartment, but he noticed that the door was already unlocked. Stefan opened the door and saw two men sitting at his table, looking dead serious. He approached them and asked what was going on.
"You're being evicted," the man to the left of Stefan said.
"Why? I'm not late on any payments?" Stefan answered, confused as hell.
"We don't know, we're just here to bring you the news," the other guy said. "I did try to warn you about the landlord, but noo, you wouldn't listen. I guess evicting you makes his money in some way." Stefan was confused, but he didn't try to argue with them. Shit, they had warned him. He walked to his bedroom and grabbed his precious violin, and a small container with water in it. He checked for his wallet and phone, and when he had those things, he left. Where was he gonna live now? He had heard about a place called the Admirable Snowman, so he went to check that out first.

After walking for maybe fifteen minutes he saw the sign. He opened the door and went in. Behind the counter stood a man, whom Stefan guess worked there.
"Hey, could I get a room?" Stefan asked. "Preferably soundproofed." He didn't want to accidentally force the other tenants into dancing until sundown, but of course, he didn't say that to the man behind the counter.

DevVoid

Yens hadn't had many new fables come in to check in today, being more busy with keeping the goblin chefs in-check, as well as helping out his guests via room service. So, Yens just sat by the reception desk, reading a sci-fi book in his spare time while waiting for a customer to either walk into the building or ring up the telephone to request room service.

Soon enough, a new face walked into his establishment. So, Yens decided that instead of just closing the book without a bookmark, he just put the book with the cover up on the desk, just leaving it open so he can continue reading it later on. Yens had then spun his chair around to face the new customer, greeting them with a wave. " Welcome to the Abominable Snowman! I'll need your name and duration of stay before I can assign you a room, sir. As for a soundproofed room.. well, let me check.. " Yens spoke, throughout all of that moving his eyes to the PC's monitor and looking through what floors had the least available rooms. The tenth floor seemed considerably empty.. it should do.

" Room 1001 is empty, that would be the furthest room in the hallway to the left of the elevator entrance, up on the tenth floor. We have almost no tenants there, would that be alright with you, sir? "

Stefan looked at Yens. A floor with few tenants, yeah, that was probably good enough.
"1001 will do just fine," Stefan said. "Oh, and my name is Stefan. Stefan Horse." He wondered if Yens would recognize that name, as Stefan had played in a few places over Fabletown, and of course, The Homelands.
"I'm not really sure how long I'll stay here for, but I currently don't have a place to live," Stefan said. Again, he regretted renting that apartment, and he made a promise to himself that he would one day get his revenge on that goddamn landlord. "Could we say that I'll start with a week, and if I like it I'll pay for more?"

DevVoid

" Alrighty, I'll just mark that room as taken, one moment.. " Yens had responded before glancing down at the monitor, changing the occupant status from 'vacant' to 'taken', also filling in the occupant name. Stefan Horse.. that name seemed a bit familiar.. but it didn't ring any particular bells for Yens, so he decided to just mentally shrug that familiar notion off. Yens glanced back up to the customer and nodded to the question. " Alright, I'll just fill it in as temporary. Now, payment for temporary residents can work in two ways. A room costs $80 a night, with temporary residents usually paying the last night they stay here, though you may also just pay each night for that individual night as opposed to paying the total sum on the last night. Which option would you like to choose? "

Last edited: