• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Explore the Bloka region! (Anime style)

The discussion thread and sign ups are here: http://pokecharms.com/threads/explore-the-bloka-region-anime-style.14367/#post-311460.

A Cruise ship arrives at Quintento City, it docks and the journey for many trainers begins at this very moment. Quintento City is an urban city filled with shops at every corner, a Pokecenter, a Pokemart, a Pokemon habitat exhibit (Which you can't catch Pokemon at), and many other small businesses. The main attraction to this city, though, is the Pokemon lab. The place where the famous Professor maple does his research.

Marin was the first one off the cruise. Marin sprinted out with his baby Chikorita named Asura in his arms and stared at the city that located in front of him. "Here we are Asura, the Bloka region." He looked down to see Asura's face. Chikorita looked up at Marin's face. "Chikor!" She cheered. "I can't wait to find out what this region has in store for us," Marin said as he started to daydream. 2Oh yeah, Professor Maple is waiting for us at her lab, we should go see her," Marin said as he headed off to the Pokemon lab. He entered and was greeted by The Professor Maple. "You must be Marin, Blake's brother. Welcome to the Bloka region."

Hot off the cruise ship was Tormey Jobs, fresh off the boat from the frozen wasteland known as southeastern Kalos. With Melissa in his watch and Voltergeist in the hands of his electrical maintenance thermal gloves, they were all set! Of course, he had one stop to make that he came here for. He blew all his money on the cruise, so he thought it better be worth it to start here. He ran off the cruise ship, completely ignoring the calls from Melissa to slow down for safety's sake. He turned a corner, and flung open a door.

"Hello, my name is Tormey Jobs and I'm here from Snowbelle City in the Kalos region and also I'm here for the professor and the lab!" He said, as he ran inside the lab carelessly. Despite this, he managed not to break anything, and kept a hold on Voltergeist. "So wait, do we have like some epic quest or something? Do I get a new starter? Is it something cool?" He noticed there were none. "...Dangit. Well, this trip better be worth it, because I've got no money left and I am legally in poverty so I guess I should earn some money. Anyways, why did I come here and why is everyone so serious? Jeez, maybe computer sciences isn't all it's cracked up to be what with all of your bored faces."

"Well just as I promised, Pokeballs and a Pokedex to assist you on your journey," Professor said gladly as she handed over the items to Marin. Before Marin could thank the Professor, a boy entered the lab asking a million questions. "Oh um... no there isn't any starters to give away I'm sorry. Who might you be?" Asked the Professor directed to the new boy. "Well um... thank you Professor for the stuff, I appreciate it. Asura and I will be off now, bye." Marin walked past the new boy and smiled at him. He then noticed a Porygon with him. "Woah! What Pokemon is that?!" Marin exclaimed, getting a bit excited over meeting a new Pokemon. He pulled out his Pokedex and scanned the strange Pokemon. "It's a Porygon. It looks so cool." Marin said. However, Asura found the Porygon rather intimidating and scrunched up in Marin's arms trying to avoid confrontation with the Pokemon. "Are you okay Asura? Everything's alright, it won't bite... I think," Marin said softly.

Amaya always remained out of her pokeball, and stayed by Nolan's side as they exited the crowded ship, and into the very first city of Nolan's new journey. In his arms, His cubone looked around nervously at the new town and its inhabitants.
"Alright guys, here we are. Bloka region! Far away from home, right?"
'Umre!" Amaya agreed quietly, trying to keep up with Nolan as he weaved around the busy sidewalk. Finally, they reached an area with less people, next to the town's Pokemon lab. Nolan leaned against the wall of the building and sighed.
"That certainly was a very long trip.."
Looking down at his two partners, he smiled half heartedly. "Well then. I'm sure your both as tired as I am. But we should try to get as much done as possible right now, so we can rest."
Amaya nodded silently in agreement, whist Sonn whined lightly. Nolan patted his masked head lightly, and turned to walk into the lab. He noticed two other guys, as well as the professor already engaged in conversation.
"Uhm..hellooo..!" He said quickly, his geet shuffling. He didn't know other trainers would be there already.

Marin sharply looked up at the person who had just entered he building. "Hey," and then continued to focus on the Porygon that he was so intrigued about. The Professor walked up to Nolan and said. "Hi, you must be Nolan, it's a pleasure to meet you, and welcome to the Bloka region. Please come this way." Professor then gestured Nolan to the desk behind everyone. She went to it and picked up red items from the desk. "These are for you, to help you on your journey. Poke balls and a Pokedex," The Professor said with a soft tone.

Asura in Marin's arms started to feel anxious and scared with all strangers and new Pokemon growing in numbers around them. Her eyes started to tear and she started to become restless and started to violently fidget around in Marin's arms. "Oh no, it's happening again, please excuse me," Marin stepped to the side cradling Asura and stroking her in an attempt to calm her down. "It's okay, they're not near us. I'm here, your safe with me," Marin said with a soft and caring tone. Asura stopped the fidgeting but still struggled to hold back her tears. Marin then brought her closer to her chest and hugged her. Asura was slightly soothed by the caring acts by Marin and started to control her emotions again. "Chikor," Asura whimpered out with testy eyes still.

Nolan carefully placed Sonn on the floor beside Amaya, and took the Pokedex and Pokeballs from the Professor, eyeing them with great interest. "Thank you! A-and it's nice to meet you as well! This is very exiting!" He quickly placed the balls into his backpack, and turned his attention to the dex, fiddling with it to see how it worked.
As soon as Sonn's feet touched the ground, he was attached to Amaya, holding her closely. Amaya sighed and rolled her eyes, but of course, she secretly loved it. She loved acting as a mother role. Soon, both Nolan and his pokemon's attention was turned to one of the other children and his Chikorita. His Pokemon began to fight and figit, and he took them further away to calm them down.
"Cu-cu?" Sonn pipped quietly.
"Umbreon.." Amaya purred to him slightly.

Last edited:
"Uh, no thanks, I've already got a dex. But, I will take these Poké Balls," Tormey said, picking them up and stuffing them into his backpack. "Hey Melissa, why did I come here again?" He looked at the screen on his PokéDex, which was displaying text. "Oh, yeah, I forgot about the whole exploring thing somehow over the cruise. You think these guys will come with me?" More text appeared on the screen as he stared at it. "What do you mean you can't predict human actions based on such small amount of detail? Ugh, fine, I'll ask them," Tormey walked over to Marin, who was the closest to him.

"Hey, are we supposed to go on an adventure thing together or are we going separate? I need to know for, uh, reasons and stuff I guess. Mostly so I know that a certain someone won't get lonely and start to cry because he can't mess with people. Not that I'd allow him to, but still." He held the Rotom back with his gloves, as its glow started to get a bit more intense with the desire to let out some form of electricity, although Tormey wouldn't let him do it in fear of messing up stuff in the lab and getting in pretty serious trouble with this professor he just met.

"Um... I'll head to the next city with you, whatever that is," Marin was slightly distracted when it came to answering Tormey. He was more focusing on Asura not having her anxiety attack. "Maybe you kids should head to Grioru City, it has a gym there and I'm sure that's something that's interests trainers like you, stop by Gronk City as well on the way," Professor Maple suggested. "Yeah, that works. What do you think?..." Marin then paused in realisation of not knowing his name yet. "Terribly sorry, my name is Marin and this is Asura," Marin said as he held his hand for a handshake. Asura looked up Tormey, with her eyes still teary.

Last edited:
"Yes Father. I have the travel stipend you've given me. And so, like, what does a trainer do?"
Yolie sat in her cabin, awaiting her ship's arrival to Quintento city. She twiddled unenthusiastically with a pokeball when her father began to speak.

"Yolie! You don't know the first thing about a Pokémon Trainer, yet youve decided to become one? Hahah! This is too much!"

"Dad!" Yolie yelled, clenching her pokeball and yelling at her phone directly. "I know enough! I know i take my Pets to the gym, to like work out and get badges or whatever. Look, how can I see the Pokémon you gave me?"

After toying around with the pokeball a bit, Yolie feels her finger slip onto a button. As she pressed it, a beam juts across the room and begins to form. A stench begins to fill the room, and a pile of trash seemingly appears. Yolie's eyes glanced at the object for a few seconds, before it turned around and revealed eyes of its own. It formed a smile and walked towards Yolie, excited to be out of a pokeball.
"Truuu-"

Before it could utter a single word, Yolie took it back into its pokeball with the speed of 100 horses.

"Nope! Nope-nope-nope-nope-nope! DAD! you said you got me the best Pokémon?!?! You gave me trash! That is like, the ANTITHESIS of the best Pokémon! How could you do this to me? Send me that pokemon with the four arms or something! You've set me up to fail, I want to go back!"

A loud belch of laughter could be heard from Yolie's Pokegear.

"Sugar-plum! There is no such thing as a best Pokémon. You may not realize this now, but Pokémon aren't all about muscle and strength. They come in all sizes, shapes, and forms. The greatest Pokémon, you'll learn, is the one you form a bond with. I ho-"

Yolie's father hears the line disconnect. He smiles, and sighs.

Yolie puts her pokegear back into her pocket. She takes it out again to check her reflection, and then puts it away again. It seems that the cruise had ended and had arrived to Quintento City.

"Just in time. Well, I'll just trade this thing for a new one."

She shakes the pokeball holding the Trubbish. Truthfully, Yolie felt kind of scared. She had never been all on her own before. Perhaps she should stay on the ship and turn back now. What would her friends say? Even worse, as mad as she was at her Father, she did not want to tarnish his gift of the cruise and the thing he called a Pokémon by going back home. She decided it was time to begin her journey.

Yolie walked off of the ship and checked her pokegear map. Her mother upgraded it with the necessary apps to work in the Bloka Region.

"So I think the Pokémon Lab was where I was supposed to go first... I need a new Pokémon before my friends call me. Maybe The Professor.... Maple? Maybe Prof. Maple can help me with that too."

Yolie walked leisurely until she arrived at the Pokémon Lab, never looking up from her pokegear. Opening its doors revealed a slew of trainers. She also saw a few Pokémon, including a plasma-esc pokemon being held back by its trainer.

"Hello. I'm looking for Professor Maple."
Yolie kept her head down, glues to her phone device.
"I'm a new trainer, my map says the lab is supposed to be right here."

Charles had already gotten off of the cruise ship with his baby Dragonite, as he carried him in his arms, while he decided to go to the lab. He walked to the lab, while his Dragonite dozed off, as he took out a gun-shaped device. He calibrated his device to make sure that it worked, as he scanned the asleep Dragonite while a voice could be heard from the scanner. The robotic voice said as he was right at the door of the lab, "Your data has been loaded Charles... Dragonite appears to be a little sick, while he is asleep. He appears to be having a body temperature of 39 degrees celcius, which indicates a strong sign of sickness... this should get checked out by a doctor as soon as possible."

Charles went inside the lab, while he saw a Professor talking to some other trainers, as he saw another trainer that got in the lab right after him. He knew that he wasn't a new trainer, since he had been a trainer for a while now. He stroked Dragonite's head gently, as he noticed that it felt rather warm, as he said to the device, "Scanner, is there like a Pokémon Center around?"

Scanner replied, "I am not so sure, because I do not have any map data here. You're going to have to get a map of the place if you want to find out where everything is." The baby Dragonite was still asleep, as Charles noticed the girl was a new trainer, knowing from what she just said. He stood near her, as continued to hold the baby Dragonite.

Nolan placed the pokedex into his pocket, before picking Sonn back up in his arms, and turning to the other two boys in the lab. Apparently, one of them had just offered to go the rest of the journey as a group. Internally, this made Nolan both exited, and worried. In every region he traveled, he never had a group of people to venture with, juts his Pokemon. That was part of the reason why they always traveled out of their pokeballs; to keep him company. He had no idea how he would manage to be around two other humans.
"That sounds like a fun idea!" he pipped in, when the Pokemon Professor mentioned going Grioru city, to the first gym in the region. He turned and walked over to the others, standing off a few feet just in case.
"Can I come too? My name's Nolan, by the way. And my Umbreon here is named Amaya. My Cubone's named Sonn!"
'that was a weird way or wording that..' he thought to himself, and mentally sighed.

His head spun back to the entrance when two others, maybe trainers?, entered the lab.
"Hello!" He said, waving at them. they both seemed to be busy with their devices, though.
'How many people are gonna show up here!' He thought nervously.

He then noticed, one of them had a Dragonite in his arms, a small one! His eyes widened with amazement and curiosity.
"oh, whoa! That's a Dragonite! I've never saw one in real life!"

"Why's that thing look so teary-eyed? Is it scared or something? Yeesh, that must suck. I used to be that scared when I was little. Then I grew up, got more mature, and realized there was nothing to fear. Hint hint, nudge nudge." He said, as he looked down at Asura. "Grioru City? That's a weird name, but whatever. What's the gym type? Hopefully water because then I will dominate. Two Pokémon capable of using electricity. It'd be pure and total domination!" He said, jokingly. "All things aside, what actually is the type of the gym? We should know before we go in there without any sort of planning for it."

"You'll find out when you'll get there, its best to focus on the journey to Gronk City first rather than having all eyes in Grioru," The Professor said. "That seems fair enough," Marin said, then noticed Nolan was intrigued with the idea aswell. "Yeah it will be awesome for you to come, I reckon we should head out straight away," Marin then started to march out of the lab. In a rather quick pace, forgetting to wait for the Normey and Nolan.

The two other trainers entered the lab. "Hello welcome,haha I'm certainly popular today aren't I?" Professor chuckled to herself. "It's a good thing I had just restocked on Pokedexs and Pokeballs, do you two want some as well?" The Proffesor then noticed the Dragonite. "Wow, a Dragonite that small, is certainly a something you don't see everyday," The Professor said. One of Professor'a aids then notices something sprint past on of the back windows. He then tries to catch the attention of Maple.

Def was sitting under a tree that wasn't too far at all from the professors lab - sort of private but not hard to spot him if someone was admiring all the scenery. For a moment, his attention was too busy on a book that was in his lap that he barely noticed. His Arcanine - Growlie - was quietly snoozing behind him and twitched up his ears as he heard excited chatter of new trainers heading towards the lab, lifting his head with a soft grumble to get Def's attention.

"What?" Def said and looked the direction Growlie was, "...Is that more new trainers? I didn't expect that many..." He said as he pondered out-loud. Usually when more people arrives he remains out of sight just in case someone recognises him, but by the looks of it there was just some young trainers arriving to the island. They must be so far away from home, he had to hand it to them for their bravery and determination.

"I'm sure it's fine, Growlie," He said to his Arcanine who lay his head back down to just silently watch all the commotion.

Yolie puts her phone away abd looks at the young Dragonite while grabbing the Pokedex and pokeballs that go with it.

"Ill trade you. Yours is too cute," Yolie said rhetorically.

She finds it hard to hide her excitement while looking at the other Pokémon. She tries to seem uninterested, but finds it hard to dismiss the Cubone, Umbreon, Porygon, Even the Chikorita looked foreign to her. She never saw so many tamed Pokémon in one place.

"I didn't know there were so many unique. Pokemon, I've only seen a few Sentrets... Hoot-hoots, bugs...you all must not be from Johto."

She glanced back at her pokeball and the pokedex.

"Are there more Pokémon in these? Why is this tablet called a Pokedex, i could think of a million better names. What does it do?"

"Oh my, you must be very new to being a trainer," The Professor said. Professor Maple picked a Pokeball and pressed the button to make it larger. "The way Pokeballs work is that you throw the Pokeball at the wild Pokemon after weakening it in battle or befriending it and when it makes contact, the Pokemon will go inside the Pokeball and if you're lucky the Pokemon will remain in the Pokeball and then you have successfully caught a Pokemon. This is where the Pokemon lives until you say otherwise." Professor Maple placed down the Pokeball and picked up a Pokedex. " The Pokedex is a Pokemon encyclopedia if there's a Pokemon you've never seen before or there's a question about a Pokemon you want answering. Scan the Pokemon with the Pokedex and the information for it will pop up," Professor Maple explained to Yolie.

Gavin got off the cruise ship, his already caught Pokémon all beside him. Those Pokémon were from Sinnoh, but Gavin sent all of them except Destiny to Prof. Rowan, so he could save that team for a new region. Destiny and Indigo were on his shoulders, and Viking and Lightning were beside him. He will only visit Prof. Maple, and not get a Pokémon yet. He has 4 already, and that seemed like enough for now. He decided traveling was key for him, so he wouldn't catch Pokémon. He walked over to the lab, and he'd probably need a need pokedex, his other one was broken due to his getting lost in the water, and it died. A Pokémon stole it there, so it wasn't his big fault.

Yolie stares blankly at the pokeballs.

"Wow, you have to catch them? I just want to get 8 badges please."

She places the pokeballs and her Dex in her satchel. She looks up at the trainers and realises that they all came here for the same thing. Would her goal be easily obtainable? Would there be enough badges, and would she have to battle these fellow trainers? She shook the thought off, and continues her notion.

"Where do I get the badges?"

"There are gyms around the region which you have to defeat in a Pokemon battle to receive gym badges. I'm sure each and every one of those gym leaders can teach you lessons about what it means to be a powerful Pokemon trainer." The Professor explained. As she finished explaining, one of her aids that was attempting to get her attention whispered in her ear. The Professor nodded. "Okay, I'll go check it out, if any more trainers come along be sure to give them their Pokeballs and Pokedex." Professor Maple said to her aid as she exited the room via a door at the back of the lab.

Marin left the lab and as he stepped outside he realised he didn't know which direction he was going. He looked around for a sign but didn't see anything of use. However, he did see a person and a Large orange Pokemon sitting next to a tree. "Perhaps they can help me out," Marin said to himself as he started to approach the stranger. Asura had calmed down slightly but was still feeling a bit down so she reached into her little pouch on her side using vine whip and pulled out a small chocolate bar. She grabbed it with her front two feet and started to nibble on it. "Hey excuse me, do you by any chance know which way I go to reach Cronk City?" He asked the stranger that was sitting at the bottom of the tree. Asura briefly looked up and saw Arcanine. Asura got rather startled by the sight of a Pokemon that large and intimidating, so she just focused on her chocolate bar and tried not to pay too much attention to the Pokemon.

Def tried hard to get back to being engrossed in his book but every bit of movement was getting his attention from the busy new energy. Though, what grabbed his interest was the professor wandering out the back door of the lab. Now where is she sneaking off to? He thought, though this wondering was interrupted by a voice nearby. He looked at the young trainer.

"Gronk, hm? Most don't even acknowledge that city and dive head first in to the gym at Grioru," He said.
"If you head straight down that path over there," He said as he pointed ahead of himself, "And take a left, you will be on your way. There will be signs at any other turns to help you out."

Growlie the Arcanine watched the tiny chikorita curiously as they approached, lifting his head up and tilted it to one side while watching it eating.

Def's attention also went to the Chikorita, "Not seen a chikorita in years... Looks pretty young."

Sam wandered through the town. A new region was nice for a change of pace. She saw two people conversing. Perhaps she could introduce herself, see if they knew a place she could stay. Walking over, she felt Ayano tense up slightly on her shoulder.
"Calm down." She murmured and approached the trainers.

"Hey." Sam said, crossing her arms across her chest. "I'm Sam. I just arrived. Do you know anywhere I could stay?"

She kept a straight face, playing the 'tough guy' act as she always did. She observed the other's Pokemon, seeing a Growlithe and a.. Chikorita? Sam hadn't seen many of them around. She grunted slightly, impressed.

Def looked at the girl as she walked over, guess he's going to have to make some new friends after all.

Growlie the Arcanine noticed how the Meowstic seemed pretty tense but he remained in his laying-down position behind Def, guess there's two smaller pokemon in front of him now that are unsure of him. He found them no threat at all and didn't feel any less relaxed than he was before they approached, hopefully they would see he's no trouble soon.

"Yeah, there's several hotels and even people that offer a room to new trainers to the island," Der explained, "They tend to be free since you'll be moving around a lot anyway. If you keep going past Professor Maple's lab, you'll see several places to check out."

"Thank you very much I appreciate it," Marin said. Marin then noticed another person approach them and everyone's eyes were being drawn to Asura. "Uh oh," Marin thought as he realised that Asura isn't reacting that well o this situation. Assura was sweating from her head and was trying her best not to pay attention to everybody staring at her. She was trying to put all her focus on nibbling on her chocolate bar, but it was rather strange to focus so hard on eating chocolate. She feeling her anxiety growing and was getting rather fidgety. Marin started to gently stroke Asura's head which immediately, soothed Asura and drained her worries away. It reminded Asura that she was with Marin and she had nothing to worry about. "Uh yeah, Asura hatched from her egg very recently and I've taken care of her a while before she even hatched so our bond is strong." Marin said as he looked down at Asura smiling. Asura looked back up at Marin with a cute smile, she let a quiet "Chikor," as she continued to nibble on her chocolate. Marin turned to sam. "Hey Sam, I'm new to the Bloka region as well, I just got out of Professor Maple's lab. You should check it out, they're giving out free Pokedexs and Pokeballs," Marin suggested. "Sorry, I haven't introduced myself. My name's Marin and this is Asura." Marin turned back to the person that was sitting at the tree. "So I'm assuming you live here in Quintento City then," Marin said.

olie watched as the Prof walked off, and was happy for the explanation. She actually knew very little about being a pokemon trainer, and didn't think should would have to know much. She opened her Pokegear Map to have a good view of the Bloka Region.

"Perhaps I should go to Yoven first. It is colored pink on the map, so a gym must be there. But first I have to go through Cronk Town. Once I get to Yoven, I can follow a complete circle until I get back here. That should work."

Yolie began to leave the lab through the entrance she came from while staring at her pokegear. She walked past the trainer who had a Cubone in his arms, in a way where she would nudge his shoulder.

She muttered an inconsiderate "Excuse me~" before exiting the lab. She left the door open and immediately took out each pokeball and pressed the button until the one with her Trubbish came out. The Trubbish stretched its arms and yawned. It waddled over to Yolie and gave her leg a hug. She grimmaced, grabbed Trubbish, and pushed him to the side.

"I need a better way of organizing these pokeballs.... OK, listen here bub! You are not to touch me, ever! And we are working together until I can trade you for something big and tough. Got it?"

The Trubbish smiled at Yolie and nodded.
"Bish! Tru!"
He looked around and picked up a flower he found on the ground. It still had its roots connected with lumps of sirt inbetween. He walked back over to Yolie to give it to her. She smacked it out of his hand and wiped his hands with a cloth.

"No! That's nasty!!!! Ugh, this Is useless. Why would anyone want to become a trainer."

"finally we are here!" Will said to his Squirtle "the Bloka region"
"Squirt (Still don't understand why we didn't just stay in Kanto)" Squirtle grumbled
"an exciting adventure in a new and unfamiliar environment" Will continued "Isn't this awesome?"
"Squirt (nah... i still think we should have gone to Kanto)"
"Wyyy!" Wynaut said
"Why?" Will asked "Why what? why is this awesome? Think about it, its a massive adventure! Are you ready to come with me"
"Wynaut!"
"Wynaut!" Will complained "don't you 'why not' me! This is an awesome adventure!"
Squirtle sighed and pointed to the professor's lab
"Great idea Squirtle!" Will said "to the lab!"
Will entered the lab "hello!" he said "I'm Will Whitman, from Kanto"

"Oh wow another one, I didn't know the cruise had this much room," The Aid chuckled as Will entered. The aid looked around at the new trainers and his colleagues laughing at his own joke but realised that no one else found it funny so he stopped and put on a straight face again. "My name's Jepson and I'm Professor maple's assistant, she's busy right now and I apologise on her behalf. Anyway..." Jepson looked around the Lab trying to think of what to say. "Oh yeah of course. Welcome to the Bloka region, and to kickstart your journey around this region we're giving away Pokeballs and a Pokedex. Here you go," Jepson said as he handed the items to Will.

Yolie looked as a passerby went into the lab. She immediately was entranced by the way his thin frame. His white skin and dark hair seemed to seep kindness and warmth. She also saw how healthy his Squirtle and Wynaut were as well. Her cheeks went red as she ran back into the lab to interact with him. She held a pose and tried to look uninterested.

"Oh hey. Will was it? I'm Yolie, from the Johto region. The Prof. Isn't here right now, but I see the aid has handed you your balls, I mean Pokeballs and Dex. You from around here?"

The trubbish followed into the lab, with its dirty flower, and tried to give it to the trainer.

"Thank you" he said as he noticed Yolie. "Hi. I'm Will, from Kanto"
He watched as the trubbish entered with the flower. "Thats cute" Will thought "If not a bit... dirty..."

He looked at his Pokedex which he got, and pointed it at squirtle, some words appeared on the screen
"It shelters itself in its shell, then strikes back with spouts of water at every opportunity.", the dex said.
"Every opportunity?" Will thought "that isn't tru-"
Will couldn't finish what he was saying because a tiny spout of water hit him in the cheek
"Squirt! (Don't point that at me!)"

(OOC: Wat...)

Gavin left the lab. Apparently he forgot that is mom packed his Pokedex in that same pocket, and he was surprised when he saw it. It was completely updated with a pokemon tracker, play games, call friends and family, and show a map. According to the map, the next gym is in Gir

"Wow, that's very cool," he said, walking on the way. "Maybe this'll be a charm..." he thought. Walking towards out of the lab, he was going to go to Cronk City over to Grioiu City, the city with a gym. He looked out, and he wasn't close but a bit near the next City.

Yolie tried hard not too laugh, before pulling a handkerchief out of her satchel and handing it to Will.

"Heheheh-ere! You might need this... So that's how you use that Dex."

Yolie whips out her pokedex and scans her Trubbish. "Trubbish, the trash bag Pokémon. Wanting more garbage, they follow people who litter. They always belch poisonous gas."

The Trubbish stared as Will's Squirtle splashed his trainer in the face. He looked at his dirty flower, and threw it directly at Yolie's face. She froze and it felt like an eternity before she could let out a scream.

"AAARGH! You have publicly shamed me, and now I am ruined. I hope you rot in a silo of manure!"

Charles stood by who appeared to be an Assistant, as he walked to her while the baby Dragonite squirmed in his arms. Knowing that he wasn't a new trainer, he didn't seem to want the items, as he said to her, "Well hello, uhh... so do you know where the Professor went? I was wondering if you have a map of this region, I kinda have to find a place since my Dragonite is also sick."
Dragonite tugged on Charles's arms, as he said, "Dragon!"
Scanner interrupted him by turning its nozzle slowly towards him as it said, "Dragonite, please try to relax here, Charles is trying to tell them what's really wrong since you're sick."

The baby Dragonite sighed, as he nodded at Scanner, while Charles stood by the Assistant. He thought to himself as he rubbed on his antennae, "Please don't take me to the Poké Center... I'd really like to never go there again, these giant people stabbed a pointy thing in my arm for crying out loud!"

Last edited:
"Well, it's nice to meet you then, Marin. Call me Def," He said.

"This is Growlie, he's an Arcanine but got the nickname when still a Growlithe. He looks intimidating cause of his size, but he's a big softy," He said and would ruffle some of the fur on Growlie's head, getting a soft happy grumble in response.

"Really now? I've not hatched any eggs for a long time, I wish you luck with Asura."

To his question, he gave a nod, "Yeah uh, live here a few years or so now, change of scenery and all that." Heh heh, yeah... Guess that's technically not lying.

"You guys will benefit from having a bike," He said to Marin and Sam, "Try get yourselves one when you can, you'll get around the island much easier."

"Well..." will said as he wiped his cheek "this is awkward..."
He turned to squirtle "we should go" he whispered
"Squirt (for once I agree with you)" squirtle said
The two began to exit the lab when Will stopped and saw the dirty flower on the ground. "Squirtle" he said pointing at the flower "water gun"
Squirtle fired a spout of water, which made the flower look as good as new, then gave it back to the trubbish

Charles noticed some maps and brochures that were on a table, as he grabbed one of each and waved bye to the Assistant in a hurry. He went out with the other two trainers out of the lab a brief moment later, as he holistered Scanner on his right side. The baby Dragonite dozed off in his arms again, as he went over to a trainer with a Squirtle after he saw him giving the flower to a Trubbish. He said to him in a calm voice as the baby Dragonite snored quietly, "So, that's a cute Squirtle you got there. What's your name, I'm Charles, and this is my Dragonite... and yes I know, he's a baby."

Jepson rushed over to see what the commotion was about. "Are you okay what's wrong?" Jepson then noticed Trubbish and the dirt on Yolie's face. "haha, there's no need to be mad. Trubbish just wants some attention and love," Jepson kneeled down to Trubbish and started to pat its head. "isn't that right Trubbish?" Jepson asked with a big welcoming smile.

Jepson then realised the troubled youngster with a small Dragonite in his hands. Jepson fiddled with his glasses as he looked in awe at the baby Dragonite. "Oh uh... terribly sorry for staring. There's a Pokemon Center on the other side of the Pokemart that's next door," Jepson said this whilst pointing in a direction 'cause he found it easier to explain it that way. He reached into his pocket and pulled out a small tablet, he turned it on and handed it to Charles. "This is a map of all of Bloka, it tells you all the stuff you need about the cities and areas that you encounter,"

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Marin thanked Def and said goodbye to Def and Sam. "Thank you for your help Def, and I wish you all the best as well. See ya Sam. Wave goodbye Asura..." Asura did a slight wave movement with her foor but was subtle and she didn't really pay much attention to what was going on. Marin then headed off to Gronk City via route 1.

After wiping the dirt off of her face and glasses with another cloth, she tried to keep quite. She was red of embarrassment. She realised no one lost their patience with her. And even stranger, no one laughed at her with Trubbish's folly. Maybe she was overreacting.

The Trubbish stared blankly at the flower. Then smiled at Will as its eyes watered. After being pet by Jepson, it grabbed his hand to stop his patting. Then it walked to Jepsons shoe and gave Jepson a quick Pet in return. It ran over to Yolie and tried to give her the flower again, noting it was clean this time.

Yolie couldn't deny that there was some charm to this walking trash bag. She grabbed the flower and placed it within her pokegear's safety case. She then tried to pick him up, but gave up before lifting him more than 1 foot. She wasn't ready for this level of commitment yet.

"Nope! Uhm... Thank you... Return."

The Trubbish returned to its pokeball, and Yolie placed its shrunken size in her blouse. Yolie felt it was time to go. But she did not want to travel with the boy she embarrassed herself in front of. But she did want to redeem herself.

"Next time we meet, after Gronk City, I'm gonna be a full fledged trainer mark my words!"

Yolie followed shortly after Marin to start heading towards Gronk City.

"Alright!" Will said as he watched Yolie leave. "Well its time for me to go to." He said to Jepson as he left.
He began to head to Gronk City.

On his way, apparently, Indigo got hyper, and a white shining light grew in Indigo's body. It seemed like it was evolving. Wow!, Gavin thought.
It evolved into a Dragonair, to his delight. Indigo was shiny, so the Dragonair's body was sparkling. On his pokedex, his mom was calling.

Gavin accepted the call on the phone and talked to his mom.

Of course, it was about his Mom missing him in Sinnoh, but like Ash, he would visit his hometown after his journey.

He kept walking forward to go to the next city, Gronk City. He was almost there.

Last edited:
A bright light shined ahead of Yolie as she headed towards Gronk City. She caught up with the light, and noticed a blue serpent dragon was enveloped in the light. There was a trainer who got off of his phone soon after, and was heading the same way. She noticed the phone didn't look half bad, and she was more interested in the phone's make than the blue Pokémon.

"Is that a new model? Oh, Mind if I walk with you?"

Marin had entered route 1 and could hardly believe that his journey has officially begun and that he was traveling with Asura. "Can you believe it Asura? We're exploring route 1 and on our way to Gronk City, this is awesome!" "Chi-Chikor!" Chikorite said cheerfully after FINALLY finishing her chocolate bar. As they walked past trees, Asura used her vines and reached for berries on the hanging low branches and putting them in her pouch. Asura was having a lot of fun just simply picking berries, she didn't really have any interest in eating them. She just thought they looked pretty and picked them. However, Marin came to a sharp stop after hearing a faint sound. Asura froze, mid reaching for a berry. "Do you hear that Asura?" Marin whispered. Asura shook her head and replied, "Chikor," Marin turned his head and looked past some bushes and saw a Buneary sitting against a tree, with its head in his hands, crying. "I wonder what's wrong, let's go talk to it,"

Marin approached the Buneary and crouched in front of it. "Hey there little guy, what's wrong?" Marin said softly, but Buneary seemed to be that upset that it couldn't even hear Marin over her cries. Marin pondered in thought, wondering what to do. Asura looked up at Marin then back to the Buneary. Asura jumped out of Marin's arms and hesitantly walked up to Buneary. She stopped walking as she got close. Asura took out an Oran Berry and carefully placed it in front of Buneary. Asura then leaped behind Marin as she was still scared of confrontation. Buneary stopped crying and looked at the berry with teary eyes. Buneary picked it up and hesitantly took a bite out of it. A smile slowly grew on its face, and then Buneary continued to eat the rest of the berry. "You okay now? Good work Asura," Marin said. Buneary looked at Asura. "Bun-Bun," Asura slightly came out from behind Marin. "Chikor," Asura smiled and nodded. Buneary then looked down at its feet with a rather sad look. "You still upset? What's wrong?" Marin asked. Buneary looked up at Marin with teary eyes. "Buneary-Bun," Marin's eyes opened and was shocked. "Your family just left you?!" Marin exclaimed. Buneary nodded and looked back down again. Marin thought to himself, "We can't just leave Buneary like this," Marin held out his hand to Buneary with a smile. "How about you come with us then?" Asura walked a bit closer to Buneary. "Chikor!" Asura said trying to convince Buneary to join them. Buneary looked at Marin and Asura with a delighted face but with teary eyes still. "Bun-Bun!" Buneary started to jump around Marin and Asura in celebration. " I guess that's a yes then," Marin chuckled. Marin held out a Pokeball. Buneary didn't hesitate and pressed it and went inside the Pokeball. The Pokeball wiggled a few time then the button glowed red.