• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Exploration of the Froena Region

Kaleb woke up. “We need to get everybody off the ship,” he said to Ace. He jumped up, landing in the hole made by the lightning. He climbed back up onto the top deck and saw Halt, Dylan, Qin, Quilla, Azure, Lucy, and Wisky. “Everybody jump!” he called out to them. “Onto the ice bridge below us!” He would stay on the ship until they were all off before jumping down.

Just before finishing their food, Azure jolted up from the sound of lightning and Kaleb shouting to get off the ship. “We’re in trouble. We have to go. NOW!” Azure said seriously. “Mareanie, return! Now Azure, let’s go!” Azure ran towards the people, spotting a bridge of ice. “Jumping down from here could break my legs... Lumina, carry us down one by one!” The Morellul started carrying them down and then hopped down on Azure. They ran after the others. “We need to get to land!”

Kaleb saw them jump off. “Everybody, jump off the boat, now!” he said. “We need to get onto the ice bridge!” Halt, Dylan, Qin, and Quilla were still on the top deck. “We need to jump!” He saw lightning strike the bottom of the ship again. It caused a spark, and within seconds, half of the ship was ablaze. “Let’s go! We don’t have much time!”

Asher (No Foongus isn't fake, he's just unresponsive XD)
Perhaps, if it were a different day or he were a different trainer, Asher wouldn't have to be in his current situation. But, he never was very lucky- and he just so happened to take a nap right before the boat just so happened to head right into a storm. The panic and yelling caused the boy to jerk awake from his spot on a couch- yes, he fell asleep on a random couch. He blinked around, gaze clouded from not being fully awake- his partner, a Foongus; who honestly didn't seem to be a real pokemon, just sat and blinked at him. The boy shook his head in confusion, but as he turned an a sudden heat rushed to his face, Asher realized he was only feet from a blaze. Asher let out a yelp and took a step backwards, he then grabbed Foongus by it abdomen, the creature didn't respond. As he race one direction, Asher turned his head to face a group of calling trainers- suddenly a surface crashed against his knees and he barreled over the side of the boat. Asher struggled for a moment before steadying himself and realizing he had hit a bridge of ice, he turned to see several other survivors, and Foongus sliding absentmindedly on his back.

Emelia

Emelia stood, shaking, any other time she would be screaming and leading- but now she stood and shook. She was talking, Emelia remembered it so clearly, just talking; maybe even laughing. Then out of nowhere, a loud crack was heard- then everything burst into flames. She was stuck between the screaming for her to get off the boat, and the thought that there may be survivors in the fire. Shoulders of running passengers bumped into her as her black hair writhed in the heat, then; without thinking, she took a step closer to the flames. The colors echoed in her dull gaze, "Don't worry, you'll be okay!" she called to the cries of pain that were muffled by the raging blaze. She imagined her body engulfed by a fire-proof suit, just like those of a firefighter's. People were going to die if she didn't help them. Her gaze went serious as Emelia suddenly took a leap towards the disaster, but she was brought back by a compelling force of white fur. The Seel that head-butted her seemed to yell at the girl before waddling away. "Wait, Splash!" Emelia yelled out before following her pokemon and forgetting about the flames behind her.

The group of Qin, Quilla, and Claire rushed onto the deck less like athletes and more like a trio of confused drunks. It was only then that the realization had hit them- the ship was on fire... and from the peals of thunder they'd heard but a few moments ago it was pretty clear as to why. Qin's lip twitched and he almost let out a curse- the journey was doomed to fail after all... In most cases, a ship would have some form of lightning rod to minimize the damage dealt by stray thunderbolts...this ship- clearly disdained such safety precautions. Qin exchanged looks with the two women beside him and they all came to an unspoken agreement, although that ice bridge in the distance looked tempting, there was no way they could outrun a bolt of lightning. Diving into the ocean was a risk but it had a slightly higher chance of survival than the ice bridge. Upon striking water lightning tends to spread horizontally, hence, at a reasonable depth, most of the strike could be avoided.

With a deep breathe Claire filled her lungs, the smoke in the air almost choking her, then she screamed, "The further you get from the ship the most likely you are to get struck! Catch a water-type and use it to escape!" With the ship being the highest point in the area it was far more likely to get struck that any humans standing around it, that, however, didn't apply once they left the ship. Lightning was usually more prone to strike the shallows near the shore because it's attracted to the ground. Becoming the highest point of elevation in an area lightning was more likely to strike... needless to say that was a recipe for disaster. Well, the chances of being struck by lightning weren't all that high in the first place so maybe they'd be fine.

The trio lept off the boat, hitting the water with small splashes. The dived deeper without a moment's pause and their eyes immediately locked onto 3 separate pokemon. Though the salt-water assaulted their eyes, it was bearable. Qin spotted a Gorebyss, seemingly injured by the previous bolts of lightning, and he swam towards it while retrieving a Pokeball and a Potion from his bag. Claire, on the other hand, looked at the Lanturn and Chinchou that seemed to soak up the electricity and then instantly decided against one of them. Although they might be fine if another bolt stuck, she'd be a lost cause. Her eyes flitted left and right before locking onto a Horsea 'Perfect!' Last, but certainly not least, the boldest of the three, Quilla, had found herself latched onto the neck of a diving Lapras- certainly one who divided to avoid stray bolts. As Qin and Claire caught their respective Pokemon they stared in mute shock as the Lapras sped off with their companion in tow.

Asher
Asher, with little time to think for himself, found himself torn between two different commands. Was he suppose to stay on the bridge of find a water type. He looked towards his Foongus, who at that very moment slid right off the bridge. Asher gasped and scrambled after his partner, the pokemon seemed unbothered though as he know floated in the waves. Asher decided to go with the latest set of yells, to get a pokemon, and dived in after Foongus. He struggled before breaking to the surface of the water, he then scooped up his grass-type and balanced the creature on his head before looking around. How was it so easy for them all to get pokemon? He couldn't even find one. Then, suddenly a forceful push of streaming water caused him to shoot backwards. Asher let out a wimper as his heart began to race, he was being attacked! He was going to die! But, as the boy attempted to calm himself, he found two harmless-looking eyes blinking right at him. This set of beady lookers belonged to a young Wailmer who swam playfully around Asher who could only hope it was the Wailmer who had sent him tumbling backwards. Asher cringed as he stuck his hand out to block himself from another attack, but the water-type just lapped it's massive tongue across Asher's open palm and encouraged the young male to climb onto it's back.

Emelia

Emelia watched her pokemon take a leap of faith, the girl instinctively jumped after her partner. Then, suddenly, on contact with the freezing liquid, Emelia fainted. Her body went limp but her heart beated with the energy of 100 rapidashes. Splash didn't even panic, the pair may have known each other for not even a day, but they had bonded past the point of panic. The seel maneuvered itself under his trainer and made sure he was secure don his back.

“Dylan! Jump!” Kaleb called out. He, Dylan, and Halt were the only people on the boat. “We need to get off before the boat sinks!” He ran towards the side of the boat the ice bridge was on, but the ship lurched, and he was sent flying. He grabbed the railing and pulled himself towards the bridge of ice, only to slip off and fall into the water below. He landed in the water and saw a bunch of water types swimming around. “Maybe I should catch one,” he said. He threw a pokeball down below him, and it hit a Dratini swimming below. It shook a few times and Kaleb heard a soft click, and he swam down to retrieve the pokeball. He sent out his new Dratini and rode it to shore, following Qin and Claire.

As he swam off on the back of his new Dratini, a lightning bolt struck the ship’s figurehead (the huge needle sticking out of the front), and the ship collapsed and fell into the water, with electricity wrapping around it.

Last edited by a moderator:
The trio, soaked with seawater, eventaully managed to make it to shore- albeit with a bit of difficulty. Neither Qin, nor Claire had known when she'd done it but somehow, Quilla had managed to capture the rowdy Lapras. As they stood on the shore they wrung the salty water from their clothes before quickly bolting further in-land. Lightning has been known to strike beaches and they didn't want to take any unnecessary chances. The siblings and their companion made an Olympic dash to the tree line before they turned around to Survey the other trainers. As far as they could tell most of the trainers had managed to make it off the boat, but so far they were the only ones who'd made I think to the island.

EnigmaticMissingNo.

Previously McGlitchy
Alex (finally) stepped out of his room to see why there was such a large commotion outside, only to be met with a terrible storm and people fleeing the ship. He ran back inside his room to grab Seedot and came back out to assess the situation, in a panic he decided to jump into the ocean. "Seedot I need you to use nature power right now!", the seed Pokemon spewed out a powerful stream of water. Alex used Seedot as a water propelled life saver to end up on the shore of Froena. He walked further inland, still in soaked clothing, carefully looking out for any of the other passengers that may have made it.

Kaleb arrived on shore shortly after Qin and Claire. “Well that was unexpected,” he said. “What should we do now? The ship sunk after I got off, there is no way to reach the professors.”

“We are stranded on this island.”

On the other side of the island, Jason's unconscious body washed up on shore. He lay there, motionless, like a dead man. He was breathing, but had been struck by the lightning that hit the water. He lay still still, his Honedge hovering around his body.

In the mean time, Azure and Lucy had each grabbed onto Lucy’s Mareanie. Though it was dangerous, but it was their only choice. They washed up at the shore and got up. “Man, at least we made it to land...” Azure just started complaining. “C’mon Azure, we have to get back to the group.” They would walk back to the group, which was almost complete. “So this is an uninhabited island? At least we got stuff for survival. And a device to comminucate, don’t worry, I put it in my bag. Hope it’s dry...”

“Dylan never got off the ship...” Kaleb said. “Neither did Halt, or Wisky.” He looked over into the ocean and saw no bodies floating in the water. “I guess we should start exploring.” He walked towards the jungle. “You guys coming?”

Somehow, the twins managed to make it to land. They were soaking wet and panting, after hearing Kaleb, Spade shot her head up from coughing up water "We need to find someplace to camp, most likely a cave, can we all agree that is a priority?" she said mixed in with pants from exhaustion.

Ace mumbled in agreement before standing up properly, her hand went to her side. She let out a sigh of relief knowing she didn't lose her partners Pokeball.

Qin stepped forth, representing his trio, and nodded. "Finding some sort of shelter should be our first priority, secondly should be food and a fire. We'll need to dry our clothes or risk falling ill overnight. We're already in a pretty bad situation and falling ill could spell the end for us. Taking that into account we'll need a pretty big cave." His brow furrowed and his eyes swam awkwardly between Claire, Quilla, Spade, and Ace, "I think it'd be okay to assume that our female companions will want some privacy while their clothes dry."

Qin paused awkwardly for quite a moment, but continued onward after a soft cough, "Anyone got any brilliant methods of finding shelter?"

“We have food to last us a week,” Kaleb said. “And catching a Fire type would basically give us infinite fire. I’ll go try and find a shelter. I’ll contact you and send my coordinates if I find a good shelter to stay at.” He walked off into the forest and started sketching a map of his surroundings. He drew a beach at the bottom, which led into a forest. “Making a map could help us a lot,” he said to himself before continuing to draw.

Quilla

"Well... seems like that's that!"

With a noticeable perkiness to her voice, as if she hadn't realized the gravity of the situation, Quilla clasped her hands together with a soft clap and turned towards the remaining members of the group. "Anyone know how to fish? We'll need something to cook when we find shelter." Her eyes drifted back and forth, lingering on the faces of the remaining... survivors, or rather explorers. It was too early to determine if the missing members of the crew were dead or had just been washed up on some other portion of the island.

“Well, I know how to fish, and maybe if we can get some contact with the professor and get us some fishing rods maybe I can teach you?” Azure noted. He lived in Malie City after all and was used to fishing. “Of course you have to teach us! If you don’t we won’t have food! Or at least, not enough for everyone!” Lucy responded, in a little bit of a bossy way.

Kaleb walked through the forest when he finally exited the huge canopy of trees and entered a large grassy field with a lake in the center. “Looks like this place could work,” he said to himself. “With the help of our Pokémon, building a shelter would be extremely easy, especially with Pancham, Tailgate, and Rosephase.” He sent a message back to Qin, showing the group his current coordinates and informing them of wanting to build the shelter near the lake so they could be close to a big water supply.

Ace shook her head "I can't fish but I do know how to cook" she stated.

Spade nodded before speaking "Well, Instead of sitting here we should go scout the area to see if we can find anything Claire, Quilla, Ace, want to join me?".
(Sorry for the short reply)

Qinlan

Qin nodded, approving of Spade's request. "You all should go with her. It'd be good for us have at least a basic idea of what's in our immediate surroundings. In the mean time..." Qin looked down at his Poketch, staring at the coordinates that Kaleb had sent him. "I think I'll check out this place that Kaleb's found." With that said he strode off in the direction that Kaleb has left in.

Quilla/Claire

Exchanging glances Quilla and Claire nodded towards Spade. Claire stepped forward, "If you can cook then I guess I can try to catch something... No promises though."

Pressing her finger to her lips Quila questioned, "If we're gonna scout we shouldn't head in the same direction as the boys. That'd be redundant... "

Ace looked at her twin, before looking at Claire "Then I'll join you, there's no need to be alone when we have no idea whats on in this island in the first place". Grabbing the Pokeball at her waist she released her partner "Ivory, want to join us?" the Snivy grunted in response before being picked up by Ace "You two be careful alright?".

Spade nodded to Ace "Alright since you will be down by the water how about we head into the forest?" she asked turning to Quilla.

Kaleb saw a figure walking towards him through the trees. “Must be Qin,” he said to himself. He walked over towards the trees and saw that he was correct. “I wanted to try and build a shelter over here. We would be near the lake for fishing, in an open area for training, and many Pokémon come here, so it could be a great place to add to our team as well. Pancham, Rosephase, and Tailgate could help a lot with building the shelter. What do you think?”

Last edited by a moderator:
Qin

Qin nodded, this did seem like a rather good position. "We'd need to be careful though if we attract any of the more powerful pokemon then we'll be in for a rough ride. I'd suggest we build it further into the woods, where some of the trees can hide our presence."

If they were going to be exploring the island they'd need a base of operations that could also act as a reference point for any maps they'd draw. Kaleb seemed to have thought up just about everything, so Qin didn't have much to say. Maybe they'd find more problems later on, but they'd have to deal with those as they appeared.

Claire

Seeing that Ace would be following along with her Snivy gave Claire an idea. "Could you have your Snivy use its vine whip as a lure for fish? I can have my Shinx stun them afterward if they really put up a fight. We should be able to catch a decent number of fish that way." As she spoke she flicked the pokeball at her side and releasing her Shinx, Shan Lei.

Quilla

Quilla winked, replying with cheerful "lead the way~"

Her fingers traced idly over the smooth contours of Ignyx's pokeball. Until Qin and Kaleb found a spot and called them over they'd have some free-time to kill, and she didn't plan on spending standing around all day. It'd be good if they could at least get an idea of what sorta pokemon lived in the forest. She certainly wouldn't want to wake up with an Ariados looming over her or something...

Kaleb

Kaleb nodded. “Alright, that sounds good. Should we contact the others, or start to work on building it?” He grasped Pancham’s ball in his hand, ready to send out his partner if Qin chose the latter.

Jason

Jason woke up. It had been about an hour and a half since he jumped ship. The last thing he remembered was hitting the water. He remembered being under for about a second before everything went black.

“If anyone else survived, I should probably try to find them,” he said. He looked around. He was on a beach. He walked for a bit before he saw footprints in the sand.

“Must be the other survivors,” he said to himself. He followed the prints until they stopped at the edge of the beach. He heard a voice say “lead the way” a little bit ahead of him. It sounded like a girl’s voice. He walked further towards the voice. He saw four girls, with a Shinx standing next to them. He walked out in front of them.

“Hey. I saw you on the boat,” he said. “Good to know there’s other survivors besides myself. Anyone else survive?

Ace smiled "Sounds like a great plan, and I'm sure if we find some berries around it could really help". She turned as she was Jason walking up "O-oh! I didn't think anyone else survived" she replied, her eyes blinked before she turned to look at Spade as if a plead for help.

Chuckling at her sister Spade turned to face Jason "Two others that we know about, your welcome to tag along with us if you want or you can try and find them to help build camp" she said. Looking at Quilla she gave her a nod "Alright then let's go". Waving to the others Spade started to walk off into the forest, her eyes shifting around to try and catch each and every detail.

Qinlan

"Might as well get to it... I think they've got to collect food." Qin fished Rosephase's pokeball from his waist, releasing the purple scorpion who was clearly more excited than he was to be stranded on a deserted island. "I'll have rosephase mow down those trees and you can have pancham deal with the logs. I think we can have a small cabin up in a few hours."

Quilla

Quila waved towards the newcomer, Jason, as she left trotting behind Spade. Finding no reason to leave the journey dry and boring, she decided to start up some small talk. "So... anything you've got planned for your team? I heard this island has pokemon from all regions so I think I'll aim for a bunneary, how about you?"

Claire

Claire gave Jason a quick overview, before pointing to a point in the forest and saying, "The boys went that way, but you could also follow us to find some food, or Quilla and Spade, who are going to explore." She calmly laid out all his options, "though, I'd choose fast before you lose sight of them." She gestured to the departing duo.

Kaleb

Kaleb nodded silently and sent out his partner, Pancham. “Alright bud, time to go to work,” he said. Pancham nodded and jumped towards the tree, waiting for Rosephase to do the same.

Jason

He ran towards where Claire pointed and saw the two boys with their partners. He could see them from inside the forest although they couldn’t see him. “That one with the Pancham was the kid who jumped ship,” he thought. “The other was the one with the twin sister.”

He sent out his Honedge, who floated towards the group and slashed at a bunch of trees, cutting them down. He walked out towards Kaleb and Qinlan.

“Need some help?” Jason asked. Kaleb turned around and looked at him.

Ace
The multi-colored hair female sigh "Well let's get back to it". Walking closer to the water she looked at Ivory and smiled "Ready?" getting a grunt of a response the snivy used vine whip and placed her vines out in the water.

Spade
Thinking for a moment Spade started to speak "Well, I don't know really I mean lurantis is a nice grass type so many them?". Although she didn't sound too sure about her answer the female kept speaking "I guess it all depends on what I find".

“I’ll go find a place to fish then...” Azure took an extendable fishing rod from his bag and looked around for a good place to fish. Preferably without aggressive fish. He found a place, though not without aggressive fish. He had to be extra careful. “So, you just pull it back like this, then throw it and let the string roll. Then stop it here.” Azure started fishing and taught Lucy how to in the mean time. Anything could happen, and the question was what would happen next.

Caller spat salt water out. This was not how this trip was supposed to happen. He heard the voices talking above him on the boat and didnt want any part of it. Besides he was sent here to document the region not to stand around in idle conversation with a bunch of inexperienced trainers who likely have never held a pokeball before this week. He knew the boat going down was his fault but how was he meant to stop it. The lightning attracted itself to his Magnemite. He had actually taken quite a liking to the electric pokemon and had gone as far as to nickname it plug. He was lucky an octillery had rescued him from the depths and bought him here. He gathered himself let out a loud sigh and walked up the beach. "Well looks like im not the only one who made it, how unfortunate" he muttered as he saw a pair of incompetent fishermen trying to catch food. Caller walked into the forest recording the landscapes of the region off of a camera found in his research kit

Jason

He walked over to Kaleb and Qin. “You guys are building a shelter, right?” he asked. “I could help you out. What’s the plan? Hut, treehouse, cabin?”

“Hmm, haven’t really thought about that,” Kaleb said. “What do you think would be the best idea?” he asked Qin.

Zayden flew over the wide island bellow. He was ready for the challenge of this survival island, and couldn't wait to catch some new friends. "Alright Beldum!" Zayden said seeing some people. "Set us down over there." Beldum landed and the two walked (and hovered), over to the other people there. "Hi! my name is Zayden! You must be working with the other professors!" He said greeting them. "That's a pretty cool shelter your making!" He said trying to be helpful. He saw a Pokemon rush through the trees. "Don't go anywhere! I'll be back!" He said rushing after the shadow. He finally chased it all the way to a berry bush. And there, right in front of him, was a Gabite, who was flying through the air at top speed, leaving gash marks on the trees. "Alright your mine! Beldum! Use Take Down!" The little Beldum smashed into the Gabite scoring a red mark to the face. "Now keep doing it!" Zayden shouted. The Beldum was getting a bit weaker each time he hit the other Pokemon. "Oh! Of course! Recoil!" The Beldum paused. And that was just enough time to fit in a Dragon Claw. "Beeellll!" The Beldum cried as it hit the rocky ground. Zak could see this was a strong Pokemon, about level 30. And even though it was weak from all the attacks Beldum landed on it, the Gabite was still just to powerful. All Zayden could do, was encourage Beldum. "C'mon Beldum! You can do it! I believe in you!" And then, a magnificent blue light cam shining out from the Steel type. "It's- It's evolving..." Zayden stammered. Even the Gabite was surprised. The Metang hovered forward in his new body, ready to fight the now looking much smaller Gabite. "Alright! Metang! Use Confusion!" The Metang sent out psychic waves that confused the Gabite and knocked it over. "Now use Metal Claw!" Zayden shouted, as the Pokemon slashed at the Gabite. "Now, I've only got one chance at this," He said grabbing a Pokeball from his belt. "Go Pokeball!" He said as he flung the sphere at the Pokemon. There was a ding. "Capture complete!" Zayden said as he got back on Metang and zoomed off, back to where the others were. "So, did I miss anything?" He said as he put Metang back in his Pokeball.

The others were not saying anything so he went over and started to look at the shelter they were building. "You know, I would keep my shelter in the trees, but that might take a while," He said. "So for now we should keep it on the ground. The sun is already setting." He went to gather sticks for a fire. Not too damp, Zayden thought to himself. He then gathered rocks in a circle and lit the sticks with the flint and steel in his pocket. He put the leaves over the large branches and tied other branches with rope to make a door. He then attached the door to the small hut with more rope. He released Gordon (that was what he called his Gabite). "Gordon, can you give me some mud to make the foundation stronger?" The Gabite spat out mud onto the place Zayden was pointing. Zayden got out the solar charger and got his torch and put it in the hut. Then he prepared 4 beds of leaves. By then it was just the end of twilight. "Alright!" He said to the others. "I prepared the beds and finished the hut! Oh and I didn't catch your names before."

Last edited: