• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Exploration of the Froena Region

Last edited by a moderator:
Qinlan stumbled onto the deck of the ship, having been dragged from his cabin by his overly excited younger sister. It had been a good morning, the sea was calm and the ship rocked ever so gently, the perfect sway for a mid-day nap. Comfortably laying on his bed with his sheets thrown over his face (the perfect solution to sunlight invading his cabin.), Qin had been drunk on the comfort of the ride. All was right with the world until the door to his cabin was violently kicked up with a 'thud' and before he knew it his sister had him by the ear, dragging him through the ship's corridors. She gushed excitedly about the region, her new Ponyta, his own Gligar and a slew of other things that went right over Qin's head.

Radiating more energy than an overcharged Pachirisu Quilla stepped onto the ship's deck and swept her eyes across it. She looked at everything with awe and wonder, from the gentle crests the boat made while splitting through the water, to the fanciful flight of Pokemon overhead. Her eyes darted to the water and she caught sight of Goldeen, Magikarp, Finneon, Remoraid, and Huntails, then her vision blurred as she swept her head upward, Wingull, Starly, Swablu, and Swanna. She. wanted. all of them! Her head whipped back and forth, and she seemed to be on the verge of exploding into glitter and confetti. She released a shrill squeal as she rushed to another part of the ship and began peering over the railings. Qinlan, on the other hand, grimaced. He was already having second thoughts about this trip...

Jason was much like Qin before, laying peacefully in his bed. He got up and walked out of his room onto the lower deck. He saw Quilla gushing about everything, and Qin looking extremely annoyed at her, and laughed a bit under his breath. He walked up to the top deck and sent out his partner, Honedge, and stared off into the distance.

Halt awoke with a loud scream from outside. Rolling out of his bed, he picked up a pokeball from his bedside. "Morning buddy." He said to the pokemon inside the ball. Halt then exited his room, making his way outside from the hallway. Through the final exit, "So, who was the one who screamed their hearts out?"

Spade hummed softly, the heels of her boots clicking on the ground as she walked out to the main deck. Her violet eyes scanning the area before she turned and looked out past the sea line to the colorful sky. A small smile came upon her face as she turned her head down to look at her new partner, an average sized female sneasel nicknamed Tailgate.

A few minutes after Spade came up on the deck, Ace raced up the stairs "Spade!" she grunted "You didn't wake me up" she sounded pretty pissed at her twin. The older sister turned her head "I'm sorry, I just wanted some fresh air, I was going to get you after I promise". As they argued a snivy made its way behind Ace.

Kaleb noticed all the new trainers come onto the deck. “Time to do what we do best,” he said to Pancham. “Pan!” he replied. They both jumped up onto the railing between the two staircase that served as the path between the upper and lower decks and backflipped over the rail, landing on the lower deck near Qin and Quilla. Jason simply walked down the staircase, with Honedge floating around behind him. Kaleb walked over towards the brother and sister, while Jason walked towards Halt, both with the intention to introduce themselves.

“Hey!” Kaleb said, greeting Qin and Quilla. “I’m Kaleb. Always nice to see a new person.” He held his hand out towards Quilla, waiting for a response.

Jason, on the other hand, wasn’t acting as outgoing as Kaleb. He simply walked towards Halt. “Hello,” he said. “Not very good with introductions, but either way, I’m Jason.” He wasn’t really enthused to meet a new person, but nonetheless greeted him, trying to see if he would be able to make friends on this trip.

Wisky was shocked to all the noise and almost fell out of her bed, "That was close...". She streched and got ready she sent out Hezi "Okay looks like were going to the deck Hezi". Hezi nodded and followed Wisky ran down the stairs excited to meat all the new trainers and Pokemon but because she wasnt paying attentio she tripped over her self. She tumbled down the stairs with a big "THUD!" She looked at the deck and saw everyone "Looks like almost everyone is here!" Hezi nodded as It helped Wisky get up "Lets go!"

Last edited:
Halt didn't even offer a grin at the greeting. "I can say the same for myself. Most call me Halt. What exactly do you expect on this trip?" He asked Jason as Halt leaned forward to the ocean before them. Sooner or later, they will hit uncharted land. It was their jobs to explore the lands.

Dylan was pulled out of bed by his buddy Mantyke. "I get it, I'm getting up and out!" He rubbed his Mantyke on the head and it cried in joy. He get ready and headed out towards everyone else. He realized most everyone got off already and he put on his brown leather jacket to keep him warm. He ran up to the deck to see a group of people talking. "Hey, sorry, i was sleeping in... Anyway, I'm kinda new to this stuff, my name is Dylan!"

“Mainly to become stronger,” Jason said. “Also for the adventure.” He leaned up against the railing, watching the swimming water types again. “What about you?” he asked. “What type of journey were you seeking when you signed up for this trip?”

Kaleb looked at Dylan. “Kaleb,” he said, introducing himself. He looked back at Qin and Quilla, waiting for an introduction from them. Jason looked over at the four trainers on the other side of the deck, Kaleb, Qin, Quilla, and Dylan. “I take it you weren’t here to make friends,” he said to Halt, “like they are, most likely.”

Dylan looked at Kaleb. "Nice to meet you, and you got it, friends and adventure!" He looked out at the land beyond. "It was so boring back at Goldenrod City, its like any other city. The only cool thing was a robbery, and that's no good." He looked down at Mantyke and started to play with him, he tried using moves like Bubble. "Its fun, you know?"

Ace sighed "Oh alright, fine" her eyes glanced around the deck "There's a lot of trainers here huh..." she mumbled. Looking down her eyes fell upon her snivy "Oh, snivy come here!" she chuckled and picked up her partner and placed her on her shoulder.

Spade lightly chuckled before walking off, her hands slid into the pockets of her shorts. Tailgate grunted as she walked behind her trainer "Sne, sneasle".

Quilla blinking at Kaleb innocently, her mind in a state of lull as she tried to determine if he was a flamboyant and flashy show-off or just a rather athletic and friendly person. After blinking a few more time, muttering to herself about something obscure, she gave him the benefit of the doubt and decided on the latter. Qin, on the other hand, hadn't even been paying attention. He leaned lazily on the ship's railings while eyes fluttered between close and half-open as if he was on the verge of a visitation from the Sandman. The younger -and clearly more energetic- of the duo slapped Kaleb's hand in a high-five. "Well... I'm Quilla... but you can just call me Qi-qi," she gave Kaleb a sly wink before she pointed at her brother with an over-the-shoulder gesture, "and that's my older brother Qinlan, but he usually goes by Qin."

"And before you ask," she giggled lightly, "we're here for the experience. Think about it. An unexplored, uninhabited region! Maybe I'll discover a good spot for a town and they'll name it my honor. We'd come on this trip with another friend... but I doubt she's even managed to pull herself out of bed. Her name is Claire. Silver hair, tanned skin, red eyes, she's a pretty unique one, you can't miss her."

Spade found herself looking out at the sea with her hands gripping the guard-rail. Her partner made her way next to Spades "Snea?" it mumbled out. Shifting her gaze down she smiled lightly "Whats up Tailgate?" she said before crouching down, the sneasle pointed a claw to a group of people, one female, and two males, it looked as if two of them were in conversation at the other didn't want any part of it as he leaned against the railing. Spade flicked her sight back to Tailgate with a questioning look "What about them?" she asked only to get no response as Tailgate chuckled before racing over to the group of three.

Tailgate snickered before clawing at the leg of Qin "Sneasle, snea!" she ranted out. Spades groaned "Tailgate wait!" she walked over "Don't do that, you know you shouldn't bother other people except for me and Ace." she said while picking up the pokemon. Her gaze shifted up as she looked at the male "Oh, uh sorry about Tailgate".

Dylan walked away from the group. "I will catch you all later on the island!" He went over to a empty part of the ship on the dock to test out Mantyke's moves. "Alright! Use Bubble Beam!" Mantyke shot bubbles into the air. "Nice, OK, add to that with an Air Slash and knock out the Bubbles!" The cuts popped all of the bubbles. "We are going to be great friends, you and me!"

Ace crossed her arms "And she walks away, not like I wanted to talk to her anyways" she mumbled. She grabbed Ivory and placed her back on the ground, her head turned as she heard someone call out moves and she watched at the Mantyke used Bubble Beam and Air Slash. She lightly grinned as she started to walk over "Impressive moves" she said.

Dylan turned around and saw a person with a Snivy. "Oh hi, yeah, my name is Dylan. It has good moves for a Pokemon at the stage its at. I had some TM's that helped it learn most of its moves. Although it learned Air Slash sooner than I thought." He looked at the Mystic Water around its neck. "I got that Mystic Water from a man who heard where I was going, he knew it would be dangerous and he gave me this, so I guess its helped a lot." He looked at her Snivy. "What can yours do?"

Ace's face lite up "How about I show you, ready Ivory?" she asked, the snivy nodded "Snivy". The female smiled as held out her hand "Magical Leaf!" she said, he partner let out the flying leaves as they flew around the sky she called out "Now, Vine Whip!" The grass type let out two vines connected to her back, she controlled the vines to hit each of the leaves as they each exploded into tiny clouds of smoke.

Her hand fell to her side as she looked at Dylan "Nice to meet you, Dylan, I'm Ace and this is my partner, Ivory".

Dylan looked at her in amazement. "Wow, that was amazing!" He looked at his Mantyke and then at Ivory. "Wow, I always think from a fighting point of view and from the looks of it, we seem pretty tied! I'm part flying so we would be at a even match." He took a deep breath and clenched his fist. "Sorry, just spent so much time thinking of that stuff because its the only cool thing to learn." He extended his hand. "It's nice to meet you, and I hope we can be friends!"

Shaking his hand, the female chuckled "There are many other things to learn about pokemon then just battling you know". She turned her head to Ivory then back to Dylan "Just learning about each pokemon is quite amazing for instance, Snivy is known as the Grass Snake Pokemon, they are very intelligent and calm and being exposed to lots of sunlight makes its movements swifter." she explained.

Dylan laughed with her. "Yeah, I guess your right, about one thing. I like learning about competitive battling but I studied geographic Pokemon facts as well, did you know that Yungoose is not a Pokemon that was part of Alola? Only part of the reason I learned about that is so I can understand how Pokemon feel when, where, and why. For example, Castform adapts to its surrounding weather, but did you know that you can extend the weather with Pokemon and Items, that comes in handy every now and then." Dylan realized he was rambling about weather. What was he talking about?

Ace smiled, her hand slide into her pockets as she looked at the darkening sky "Oh, it looks like its going to rain" she said. Her eyes closed as she let out a breath "The rain is nice, I don't know why most people dislike it" she mumbled looking back at Dylan as she opened her eyes. She looked down as Ivory before speaking "Well then again I'm sure people don't like getting wet" she chuckled.

Dylan closed his eyes as the first drop hit his head. "You know, I dreamed of becoming a Water type trainer, I don't care if I'm the best or worst, I have a strong passion in water types. I was told that Dylan was the name of a god of the sea, its interesting because I found that out after I favored water types." He looked over at Mantyke and saw it dancing in the rain, floating around. "And think of it, water just go's with the flow, literaly!" He giggled looking at Ace with a smile.

The slight tug on the leg of his pants broke Qinlan from his absentminded ocean viewing. He returned his attention to the ship's deck to find himself face to face with a female trainer. As their eyes locked Qin noticed that her eyes were violet, certainly not a color you'd see every day. Her soft-spoken apology told him that the mischevious tug on his leg had been her Sneasle, and judging by the sly grin on its face, it could be quite the prankster.

For a moment he said nothing, simply observing the uniqueness of his visitor. Achromatic hair and violet eyes made a queer but intriguing combination. "Don't worry about it...you seem to have your hands full with that one", a slight smirk forming on his lips he continued,"Tailgate was it? A good name...and speaking of names, care to tell me yours?"

With his brow raised in inquiry, he added, "I'm Qin by the way."

Last edited:
Ace giggled as well "I guess your right!" she stated. "I've always wanted to understand pokemon, they are so many out there to learn about and even more we haven't met yet" she stated.

"Oh, nice to meet you, Qin, I'm Spade" she spoke as her eyes drifted back down to the sneasle as she put her down "And you're right about that, she's quite the handful but she's my partner and my friend so I don't really mind that much" she hummed.

(Her eyes are Violent colored? I think you miss spelled that one.)

“Nice to meet you,” Kaleb said. One of his favorite parts of adventuring was making new friends. “I’m here to get stronger, and also to make some new friends. Haven’t really made that many, my backstory is pretty complicated so not that many people like to be around me.” He saw the Sneasel run up to Qin and noticed Spade run over towards them. He introduced himself to her, happy that he was able to make friends so easily.

Chuckling softly Qin returned his attention to the sea, with slow steady words he spoke, "So... how long do you think it'll take us to reach Froena?" His eyes drifted from the blue of the ocean to the blue of the sky. The same blue that was slowly but surely being covered in heavy storm clouds. He had intended to release Rosephase, but now he had seconds thoughts. The ground-flying pokemon would've had a field day in most other weathers, but rain and hail? She probably wouldn't find those very appealing.

As Kaleb came up from behind them Qin nodded in acknowledgment of his greeting. He was about to respond to the man when Quilla preempted him, "I wonder if they serve breakfast? Do you know if there's a food-hall on board the ship?" Her head whipped back and forth, scanning the deck for anything that might indicate a cafeteria of some sort. They'd only received 2 weeks worth of ration, it would be a shame to have to dip into them before they'd even reached Froena.

Dylan looked at Ace. "Well, it was fun talking, if you don't mind I'm going to the lower deck to get all of my stuff ready for the trip out." He bent over at Mantyke and held out the Poke Ball. "OK, hop on in here if you want, but if you want to stay out thats fine with me." Mantyke flew past the Poke Ball and right to Dylan. "Alright, then lets get ready."

Kaleb nodded. “Pretty sure there’s one below deck,” he said. “I’ll try to go find it.” He walked into the corridor and down the stairs to look for a dining hall.

Jason looked at the other trainers. “I’m starting to get hungry myself,” he said. “I’m gonna go follow him and see if I can get a bite to eat.” He walked below the deck, following Kaleb in his tracks.

Dylan heard what Kaleb said and stopped. "Well in that case im gonna catch a few more minuets of sleep, i think i need it..." He walks down to where his bed was and looked at all that he had. "Its a good enough supply bag for this trip, they said it is dangerous but there is a little trick I got up my sleeve." He pulled out a repel and showed it to Mantyke. "This will help a lot. But we need to use it wisely."

About five minutes later, the two trainers came back onto the deck. “There is, in fact, a dining hall,” Kaleb said to Quilla. “Below the deck. I’ll show you guys where it is.” He motioned for them to follow and walked into the corridor, followed by Pancham, Jason, and Honedge.

Something glimmered at the bottom of the sea, unbeknownst to the group of trainers. A small hole appeared in the sea floor and started to suck up nearby objects. The pull was not strong enough to pull in the ship, but still, it was able to affect their mission drastically.

Quilla followed without a second thought, eager to ease the hunger pangs that had been gnawing at her since morning. She trotted down the corridor with haste, and as she was speeding past a hallway a flash of silver caught her eye. Her feet rooted to the floor as she whipped around and backpedaled. Moments later Quilla dragged the silver-hair Claire behind her as she caught up to Kaleb.

Claire's eyes were half-closed, her vision blurry. She'd only emerged from her room to take a quick trip to the ladies room, as she exited her room she stared back at her bed wistfully. 'It'll only be for a little while' she consoled. Despite her weariness, the urges of nature called and they were not to be resisted. With a soft thud, the door to her cabin closed, and the alolan trainer made her way down the halls. She'd barely made it 10ft when she was suddenly assaulted from behind, her arms seized, and her body dragged off to who knows where. It would seem the bathroom would have to wait.

Kaleb led the way to the dining hall, followed by Jason and their partner Pokémon, and then Quilla, who was dragging Claire behind her. “I think it’s buffet style, so help yourselves,” he said. He walked over to the buffet, followed by Jason. Kaleb went to the sausages first, and Jason went to get scrambled eggs. Pancham and Honedge both found the Pokémon food and started digging in immediately.

Spade and Ace followed behind the group, they softly chatted about what they thought the region was going to be like "Ace, I've said before, I don't think any alolan forms would be on Froena" Spade stated "But, maybe it will have both! You never know!" the sister argued. As they made their way into the dining hall Ace said goodbye and separated herself from her twin, Spade walked over and found herself a seat, she sat down and started to fiddle with her fingers.

Kaleb, who had a tray in one hand and a drink in the other, walked back to the tables before accidentally bumping into somebody. He looked up and saw a girl he didn’t recognize. She had pale skin and blue eyes. “I’m sorry,” he said. He started to pick up the things that fell off his tray. “My name is Kaleb,” he said.

Jason sat down near Spade with his full tray of food. He looked over at Kaleb and Ace, and then Quilla. He looked at Spade, who was fiddling with her fingers. “Hello,” he said blankly to her before starting to eat his food.

Ace stumbled a bit before catching her balance "Oh! I-its fine really! No harm done" she stated before looking down "Let me help". She crouched down and started to gather the fallen items "The names Ace, nice to meet you Kaleb"

Spade turned her head, her gaze landed upon the male "Hey" she replied. Tailgate climbed her way up on the table infant of Spade causing her to shift her gaze "What up tailgate?" she asked, "Snea- Sneasle" was all she got as a response.

Qin trailed along, remaining more or less silent. As he entered the buffet hall he swiped a few pieces of fruit off the table and a bowl of Pokemon food. Taking a seat at the table he bit into an orange slice, the citrus fruit peppering his taste buds with a pleasant sourness. His free hand slid to his waist as he freed his Pokemon form her confines. As the light of a Pokeball flashed a purple silhouette swept through the air, drawing an arc before diving into the bowl of Pokemon food resting on the table.

Azure was sitting on a cloud. A cloud? Huh? He saw a plane passing by. “Is this real, or am I dreaming? How can I sit on a cloud?” Suddenly he was slapped awake. “AH! Who is that?!” He jumped into a battle-ready pose, only to see Lucy. She giggled at the sudden entrance. “Good morning, sleepyhead!” “Hey! I can’t help it i’m a nocturnal person!” Azure answered. “C’mon Azure, it’s beautiful outside. Let’s go meet some people!” Lucy pulled him away.

Lucy looked at him as she was pulling him to wherever the people were and seemed to end up finding food. Azure and Lucy grinned at each other and then started storming the buffet for breakfast.
“And don’t forget, the pokemon food.”

After grabbing their food, the sat down and sent our their pokemon. A Morelull and Mareanie appeared, who started playing as soon as they saw each other. “Chow time, buds! Here’s your breakfast!” Azure put down the bowls of food. “Now, time to eat!”

Kaleb had finished picking up his food. “Sorry again,” he said. “I need to pay attention to my surroundings a little better. I’ve been told that constantly before.” He walked over to the tables and sat near Spade and Jason and started to eat.

Jason was almost finished eating by this time, and both Pancham and Honedge were done. Honedge floated to his trainer and the two went back onto the deck, leaving Kaleb, Pancham, and Spade. He walked back out onto the deck and saw gray clouds in the sky. He walked back to the dining hall and back to the others. “You need to see this,” he said, concerned.

He walked out onto the deck, followed by Kaleb and the two trainers’ partners. They both returned their Pokémon when they saw what was above them. There were black storm clouds blocking the entire sky. “I think we steered into a storm,” Kaleb said. Lightning struck the water, electrocuting the sea. When the volts died down, it struck the water again.

“Half the ship is metal, and the other half is wood!” Jason called out to the others. “If it strikes any part of the ship, we’re goners!” He ran towards the railing. “Wait!” Kaleb called out. “If it strikes the water while we’re in it, we will have less chances of surviving than staying on the boat!”

“I guess we just have to get lucky, then!” Jason replied. He hopped onto the rail and dove off of the ship. Kaleb saw a bolt strike the bottom of the ship, hitting the wood and burning up the bottom. “He’s right,” Kaleb said. “We have to dive!” He followed after Jason, but felt a jolt of electricity flow through his body for a split second as he hit the water before his vision went black.

Spade was silently sitting down until she heard shouting, she bolted up from her seat and raced to the deck "Tailgate! Icy Wind lets go!" she called out over the loud sounds of the storm. Tailgate hurried to breathe out the frosty chill, when it came in contact with the water it froze over leaving a sheet of sparking ice. Spade turned her head to see Ace running behind her so she exhaled and leaped over the railing landing on the ice.

Ace was a little shocked by how bad the weather turned, she ran out to the deck only to see Spade leaped over the guard-rail. She pushed herself to move to the guard-rail and pulled over it, she started falling waiting to hit the water but was surprise when she landed with small thud on a sheet of ice "Spade, what do we do!" she asked before she turned her head to see Kaleb knocked out laying in the water "Ivory, Vine Whip, pull him closer" she asked. The Snivy grunted before to long vines wrapped around Kalebs leg and pulled him next to the ice, Ace pulled him up and onto the ice, slightly huffing as she did so "Kaleb, wake up!".

Spade looked around, her eyes landed on Froena "We are going to Froena" she stated "Tailgate, can you keep this ice thick enough so it doesn't melt?" She asked. Tailgate grunted before letting out another chilled breath, Spade sighed "Alright everyone, No time to lose!".