• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Exploration of the Froena Region

Seeing the shivering boy, Asriel grabbed his sleeping bag and went over to him. "Here," he said, offering the sleeping bag to the smaller boy. "You need it more than I do," he said with the best smile he could produce while being sincere, which basically amounted to one side of his mouth upturning.

Halt took out his device, and tried to contact the others. "Hello, is this thing on?" He spoke into it, hoping the signal wasn't affected by the new device they found. "Hey, Halt here. We found a wireless transmitter. We were being recorded, and were seen. Have you guys noticed anything?" He asked, as he slid across the ice bridge. As he stepped off onto the rock, he looked down onto the rock structure. He turned to his partner. "This is mostly water stone. Come look over here!" He turned back to the device, "Just found an abundance of water stone. Its unreal the amount!"

Getting Halt's signal, Asriel took out his own communicator. "That's great! Bring some back for everyone, they may come in handy. And I got in contact with anther one of the trainers; he was chosen by Sycamore according to the list. His name is Asher; I think he'll be trying to find you guys," Asriel informed them.

Spade sighed before taking out her own pokédex "Alright, copy that Asirel". After standing on the shore for awhile spade grunted and joined Halt out on the ice bridge "I can carry some". Tailgate hiss as she saw another human in the distance "Snea, Sneasel Snea!".

"Its all in the stone, so we gotta break it." Halt called over to Spade. Turning to Riolu, he called, "Circle Throw." And Riolu picked up a smaller rock, and smashed it into smaller pieces, similar to the pieces used to evolve. He picked up some pieces, and handed a few to Riolu. They placed them into Halts bag, and took a walk back. "Get what you want, it wouldn't matter. Not many pokemon use water stones to evolve."

Qin felt like puking. After the ship had gone down he'd just barely missed the Ice bridge that the other trainers had taken to the island. As such he the next 20 minutes struggling towards shore while avoiding as many water types as he could. Now he was utterly exhausted without the slightest idea of where he was. Fortunately, his bag was still in good shape, and he had most of his supplies. Some of the smaller items such as berries had been lost to the ocean during his little 'swim' but he convinced himself he was in relatively good shape.

A quick check of his inventory resulted in a count of;
  • 6 Pokéballs | 5 Unoccupied
  • A Berry Pouch | Filled with an assortment of berries
  • Enough Food for 3 days
  • 1 State of the art Pokétch | Fully Charged
  • A pack of spare batteries

It wasn't much but at least supplies, or the lack thereof, wasn't an immediate danger. However, he wouldn't last long without restocking. Switching on his Pokétch he tried contacting Prof. Elm, with limited success. The new communications app for the Pokétch wasn't exactly up to par with its other regional counterparts, but it was enough to send and receive audio messages. He had just enough time to brief the professor and request a few more weeks of supplies before he was cut off. Without much else to do Qin decided it was time to explore.

While strolling along the coast he picked up more than one messages broadcasted from the other volunteers, who seemed to have formed a small group. After the 3rd or 4th message, Qin thought it best he made his presence known, especially since the broadcasts made it quite clear someone was watching them. Taking a brief moment to clear his throat he sent out a message;

"Errr, Hello? The name's Qinlan , one of the volunteers under Prof. Elm... My position is -" He paused briefly to scan his surroundings, "about a 100m from a few floats of ice, which I'm assuming are the remnants of the ice bridge ya'll used to escape the boat."

"Anyone near enough to make contact?"

Halt recieved Qinlan's signal. "Hello? I read you, how about me?" He asked the person. He motions Riolu to get a rock or something to throw. "You sound kinda close, so please respond if you can see a rock being tossed into the air." Halt told the person, and told Riolu to throw the pretty well sized rock into the air. It made some decent height, high enouh for people sorta nearby to see.

Asriel, who had been about to lay down for the night, hopped back up at the new message from his pokedex. The battery was low, really low. He had forgotten to set it in front of his bedroom window on the boat this morning! Although, he supposed that was a stroke of luck as that was the only reason the device hadn't sank with the ship. And it's solar powered so he could charge it tomorrow.

Deciding to not send out a message in case he needed that battery power to send a S.O.S., Asriel scooped up Nidoran. The little guy wasn't at full health yet but he was still awake while Sleipnir was out cold. "Let's go," he whispered to the little guy as he silently rushed out of the camp, heading back to where they landed.

After receiving Halt's message Qinlan's hand immediately flew to the Pokéball at his waist. A casual toss released its inhabitant and his partner Roséphase, the gligar, flew out before perching comfortably atop Qin's head.

"Okay, Rosé, we're looking for a rock that'll be thrown up as a signal. Lead the way if you catch a glimpse of it!"

With a combination between a screech and a shrill hiss, Rosé launched herself into the air and circled twice before gliding off. Taking that as a good sign Qin set off jogging only a few paces behind Rosé. He didn't forget to send out another message as he didn't want anyone mistaking Rosé for a wild Pokémon and attacking her.

"I think I've got your location, and I'm heading over now. Could you look out for a gligar? She might latch onto your head but she's not hostile, I swear!"

Halt looked down at the device. "Yea, I see the Gligar. He's comin, and comin, and now he's on my face." Halt replied, using heavy sarcasm on the last part of the message. "Hope your nearby to get him off. If not, im getting him off, and he wouldn't like how." Halt rolled his eyes at the Gligar, who decided that Halt's face was a landing pad.

As the white haired boy neared the coast, Nidoran began wriggling in his arms. "What's wrong, boy?" Asriel asked him, making a mental note to nickname the purple pokemon. Cowering against his trainer's chest, Nidoran looked toward a cliff in the distance. It was in the very low area of the mountains, with a clear view of the shores and the ice bridge. Following his pokemon's gaze, Asriel saw a four legged pokemon staring out over the land.

"What is that?" he whispered as he gazed at the far off silhouette. He could just barely make out a singular horn on the pokemon's head. "Absol?" Asriel wasn't the most superstitious person but it was undeniable how catastrophe seemed to follow the beautiful pokemon. While skeptical, the sight did fill him with some dread. It stared out over the land for a bit longer before dashing off into the mountains.

Qin snickered lightly as he received Halt's response and soon he caught sight of Halt and Rosé. As Qin neared Rosé lept from Halt's face and slowly glid towards her trainer. Qin extended her arm which Rosé immediately landed on before scampering her way onto his head and making herself comfortable. After Rosé had settled down Qin took the moment to reintroduce himself,

"Qinlan's the name, but you can just call me Qin."

"My names Halt. We were just looking around the attack sight." Halt replied to the newcomer. "Riolu's the guy who threw the rock for you." He said, motioning to the Riolu, who proceeded to do his normal greeting of a bow.

Qin noded at Riolu, making a slight bow of his own before reaching into his berry pouch and handing it a berry as thanks. Rosé merely eyed the fellow Pokemon curiously. Turning his attention back to Halt Qin responded

"I was thinking of doing just that, but... She doesn't exactly like the water." Qin smiled wryly while referring to his partner Pokemon.

"I also thought of trying to catch a water-type that could learn Dive. However, the sea probably isn't the best place to engage in battle. It'd be too late for regret once another Gyarados pops up. I'd rather go inland and try to catch a water type in a river. After which I can return and try to scavage from the sunken ship."

"Basically the same here." Halt said. He motioned to the ice bridge. "We found a very large chunk of Water Stone over there, so if you want to." He indicated to the rock. "Also, you just accepted a battle from Riolu, you know that right?" Halt chuckled at him because almost everyone does it.

Qin laughed heartily, "I'll pass on the water stones but I'm always up for a battle. How about you Rosé?"

The gligar hissed her approval as she lept from Qin's should and once again took to the air. This time she eyed the Riolu with much more interest, and a hint of wariness. Qin, on the other hand, was thinking of a way to deal with Riolu's strength. It was much stronger than it looked if the rocks it threw were anything to go by, and Rosé getting hit by one of the aforementioned rocks wouldn't be very nice.

Making his way to the others, Asriel waved as he walked up. "Oh good, you guys all managed to find each other," he sighed in relief. Nidoran was hopping along beside him. They stopped as a battle seemed to be kicking off. "You bowed to the Riolu, didn't you?" Asriel said with a smirk as Nidoran eagerly watched the battle.

Halt walked with Riolu over to the far side of the beach. "You can go first, the way the challenge goes." Halt said with a smirk. This is gonna be funny. Halt thought. So far, nobody has seen Riolu in action, and if he does, its game over. Riolu took a simple position ready to defend an attack.

Qin frowned slightly, "Well, then. Since you're being so polite it'd be rude not to accept!"

"Rose! Agility! Follow up with Sand Attack!"

Qin carefully observed Riolu's reaction and planned his next actions.

"Copy Cat both of those moves." Halt said. Riolu did the exact same thing. He knew that setting up was extremely important, and the opponent shouldn't have any advantage. "Also, Circle Throw!" Riolu picked up a rock the size of himself, and threw it right to the Gligar.

"Ah, Forgot Riolu could learn that! Tsk!!" Copycat was quite the troublesome move and Qin had no way to avoid it at the moment. Thus he had Rose focus on trying to survive the blow.

"Rose, Harden! and try to dodge it"

"Riolu, Copycat and more Circle throws!" Halt called out. He grinned a little, getting into the roll of things. Riolu used harden, and threw even more rocks at Gligar, each making a 3 by 3 square around the pokemon.

Qin grimaced slightly, "Alright Rose, Agility! Cut through those rocks with Night Slash!"

After a quick thought Qin decided his original plan of staying defensive and waiting for a moment to strike wasn't going to work. Thus he quickly gave follow-up orders to Rose.

"Stay low and hit it with Cross Poison!"

"Use Copycat with agility, and then take it." Riolu took the agility from Gligar, and took the cross poison, taking some damage. "Counter!" Riolu grinned after the attack, and released the counter doing twice the damage from the original attack.

Qin quickly weighed his options, Rose probably couldn't take much more. In fact, it'd be quite surprising if she could take even 3 more hits like that one. Gritting his teeth he watched Rose take the counter then gave out another order, "Latch onto it, Rose! Then Cross Poison!"

Fortunately Rose had a bit of resistance to all those Fighting-type moves, but even that wouldn't save them from eventual defeat if things kept going south.

"Arm Thrust!" Halt called out, and Riolu started to punch the Gligar. Halt knew that Gligar had a little resistance, but Riolu had speed and power. After getting slightly free, "Circle Throw!" Riolu picked up a very large rock, and threw it up at the Gligar right to the chest, faster than any other rock he threw before.

Frowning, Qin called out to Rose, "Return, we've lost quite handily this time."

Even if Rose could continue battling, at this rate there wasn't much she could do to reverse the situation, short of maybe poisoning Riolu and then stalling for time. However, that was a slim chance at best. As such they could only admit their defeat. While Rose flew over Qin retrieved a few Sitrus berries from his bag. Staring at Halt, he smirked. "I'll be sure to return this defeat later~"

Asher's gaze landed upon a subtle structure that caused him to pause and narrow his gaze. It looked like a bridge made completely of ice, he could make out two figures seemingly coming back before realizing that they had to be the two he was looking for. "Hey!" he called sprinting forward to make sure he didn't miss the opportunity, he looked back at Geodude who surprisingly wasn't having trouble keeping up. Eventually he made it to the end of the bridge where he would meet the other two trainers, as he caught his breath Asher straightened his posture before taking on a more serious expression as he waited for the pair. On the bridge, there seemed to be a battle yet he honestly didn't feel the need to go all the way out after them- so he waited.

"Why, the battle was far from over." Halt said, Looking disappointed. Riolu looked quite the same. He looked at Qin accusing of false work, but all the trainers heard was, 'Ri Riolu!' But Halt reached out with a hand to signify a good battle. Then in a quieter voice, "You fight well, but you shouldn't rely on type advantages, because they are just ideas the Professors came up with."

Spade sighed "Honestly Halt, your a good battler but you need to learn to work as a group sometimes" stepping closer to the two that just battle Spade looked at the new guy "Hey, names Spade". Tailgate followed right behind her before yawning "Its getting pretty late, lets get going back it will be sunrise any moment now, and we gotta fill in the new guys on the plan". It didn't take much longer for the moon to start to set, they been out way to long..

Last edited:
Qin put on a wronged expression before shaking his head slowly,

"I wasn't trying to rely on type-advantage, however without a reasonable way to get past Copycat and Circle throw there isn't much I could've done. Furthermore, the environment doesn't do much to aid to my battle style."

He made a quick gesture towards the vast expanse of ocean, it practically confined Rose to the air, or beach front. Neither of which could provide any solution to Riolu's circle throw, or at least, none that Qin could see. In short, it wasn't quite a battle Qin could see himself winning, at least not right now.

As a dual-color haired girl introduced herself as Spade Qin stopped brooding over the battle and gave his own name. "Qin's the name, and you're probably right."

"Besides, next time won't go so smoothly for you ~" he remarked while throwing a glance over his shoulder at Halt. As he turned towards the beach he noticed another trainer who'd appeared with him none the wiser. He waved to both this new trainer, as well as the other trainer who'd appeared moments before the battle.

Last edited:
Asher's amber gaze rested on the floor making it difficult for him to tel that he was being waved to, but at the faint calling of a voice he lifted his head to see the other's had finished their battle. "Swirlix!" Swirlix cheered happily form it's spot on the floor where it walked aimlessly in circles, Geodude rolled his eyes at the thought of more trainers and turned his back to Asher.
"What took ya so long?" he huffed eyeing the group of trainers, they didn't look every professional, yet nor did he so they were even. Asher wasn't one to waste time introducing himself either, "I assume you've got camp nearby?" is all he said as he looked away from the group and towards the woods.

"Hey, no need to be mean. I am half blind." Halt said, pointing to his eyes. "I wear contacts, but they don't always show the edges. And yes, we do have a camp nearby, to tell you that." Halt didn't like the guys attitude, but he guessed he had to be nice. "We were just about to head there now, thank you very much."

Spade looked at Halt "Halt quiet", her violet eyes starring at the men around her. Shaking her head she huffed "Lets just get going, I don't wish to be the only female around the three of you". Stepping off the bridge of ice she waved to the others before racing to the camp. After arriving Spade sat down on her sleeping bag, placing her things next to her as she laid down only to have Tailgate lay right next to her snuggling up into her side.

Asher stared at Halt with an aggression in his eyes, yet he knew better than to fight the other male. Growling he whipped away from him and, "Whatever-" he scoffed looking down at Geodude and making sure the pokemon knew they were leaving. I don't wish to be the only female he mouthed the words mockingly as he trialed behind the others, it was an issue his lack of compatibility with others. He never was much of a team player, it got him into a lot of trouble as a kid- and honestly he didn't know why the professor would have chosen him to go on this mission, yet he knew that fighting would disappoint everyone back at home.
At arriving Asher stared at the other's before rolling his eyes and sitting somewhat near them, farther than anyone else though. He put his sleeping back down which Swirlix spun around before sticking his tongue out and landing upon- he obviously liked the cushioned surface. "What about you?" he whispered to the Geodude who simply ignored the trainer and dug itself a hole, Asher groaned but just shrugged as he seating himself at the edge of the sleeping bag, not yet laying down, just watching the stars.

Having returned to camp after seeing the Absol on the cliff, Asriel lied on the ground, using his coat as a pillow. He couldn't get it out of his head; that pokemon looking dxown to where his companions were supposed to be. 'It could have just been curious,' he tried to sooth himself. After all, tue ice bridge couldnt have been completely gone; it could have just been looking. But the mystic water Gyarados and the flight camera Fearow had him doubtful.

Nidoran was curled against his trainer in concern. Something wasn't right, he could feel it. And even though he was fond of Asriel yet...he felt safer next to a human who was willing to carry him while he still had his spines up.

Qin shrugged, rather uninterested in getting into an argument with either the newcomer or Spade. He turned to the former and gave him a 'Why are you asking me?' look. Before responding,

"Nice to meet you too. The name's Qin, and I'm relatively new to the group so I haven't the slightest idea where camp is."

He made a gesture towards Spade who'd by this point already gotten a headstart on the group.

"For now, how about we try not to get left behind, kay?"

With that Qin broke into a run trailing behind the head of Multicolored hair.

Halt walked over to the edge of the hill, where he had a great view of the vast sea. As he laied out his sleeping bag, a staraptor flew over, holding a bag, marked with a S, showing it was for Halt. "Thank you, Rowan." Halt said to himself, as Riolu opened the bag, and retrieved a waterproof tent. More than asked. He thought, but he left the tent there until other people got theirs. He also got a bunch of food. In return, Halt placed a water stone in the bag, and sent back the pokemon. Riolu and Halt finished laying out the bag, and laied back, watching the large pokemon swim around the water.

(OOC: New character introduced! Please DO NOT bunny it, as it is NOT an NPC!)

After Chaud finished texting the Professor and holstering his device after shutting it off, he patted the Jigacho's back and asked, "Need anything buddy? You look a bit pale to me."

The Jigacho attempted to sit as straight as he could on Chaud's shoulders, as he whimpered, "J- Jig... Jig..."

Chaud gave him a light stroke, as he stated, "Come on Jigacho, there's no need to lie here. I can see that you look like you're about to cry since your eyes tell me you're scared to death. If you're not feeling alright, just tell me straight up. No need to cover it up like the those T-man now. Nod if you understand and shake your head if you don't."

The Jigacho gave a dubious nod towards Chaud after wiping some sweat from his head. His tail perked up towards the sound of perhaps a song faintly coming from the tall grass in the distance, as he tugged on Chaud's bag once again. Chaud politely nodded at the Jigacho and asked, "Is there something wrong? You're shaking like a little kid that's about to let it out..."

The Jigacho pointed towards the tall grass, as Chaud replied, "So, there's something going on over there huh? Well I suppose I better investigate before it gets too dark. Least I got two lights in case if things go black."

Chaud silently walked towards the tall grass after realizing that the wild Pokémon were beginning to prepare for the night, as he took full advantage of the dozing Pokémon being oblivious to his presence. After making his way towards the source of the barely perceptible noise, Chaud's eyes widened towards the small, but certainly peculiar Pokémon playing what seemed to be made entirely of a mysterious kind of bamboo known only to few in mankind. The bamboo seemed to be the finest of the fine upon closer inspection. The flute was that of a pale tannish hue, as it appeared to have a very smooth feeling that was one with the Pokémon's tiny hands when played.

The Jigacho concealed a giggle towards the Pokémon's bruises primarily on his chest and head, as Chaud thought, "My my, it seems to be quite hurt. He doesn't seem too intimidating or anything, though that song of his feels quite sad to me. Maybe I should try to get his trust and patch him up maybe so that I could have another Pokémon instead of just hurting them and forcing them like those other people probably did."

Azure woke up to screaming birds, probably fighing. "Ughhh, why..." He got up and sat on the ground, looking around until a small pokemon fell down on Azure's face. "Ahh! What is this? Why is it on my face?!" He took the pokemon from his face and put it on the ground. The tiny pokemon then collapsed on the ground. Azure tried to wake it up, and it opened its eyes and looked up. "Uh, hello... Are you okay?" He picked it up and grabbed something from his bag. "Uhmmm, bandages. There!" He put a few on the pokemon as it seemed quite hurt. "Wait, where you in that fight?" He said. The pokemon gave a nod as Azure gave it a little care. "There you go, but watch out. You can't really fly yet. Maybe you should stay with me for a while." he said as he put he pokemon in his bag, testing if it liked the bag. It couldn't really do anything else, so the pokemon just stayed in the bag. "Now, where was I? Ah! Sleeping... But I can't sleep anymore. I'm too awake now." He would then look around at the others.