• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Exploration of the Froena Region

Halt heard the girl come up, but made the pretence of not noticing her. He picked up a small stone, and looked it over. Taking out a piece of rough cloth, he rubbed on it, revieling a small water stone. "Funny," Halt said, hoping for the girl watching to hear. "This island has people protecting it, but the natural materials are still here." To be quite frank, Halt was taking notes for Rowan, and his latest mission is to locate precious materials, the above ground ones, at that matter. "Did you guys come up with a supply list yet?"

Seeing their tiny group together again, even though they had barely been apart, made Asriel tilt his head to the side. Unless someone else somehow survived, they were all that's left...

Holding his locket, Asriel furrowed his brow in frustration, even as barely even a spark of frustration struggled to ignite in him. It reminded him of why he was here in the first place. Sleipnir went back to his trainer and nuzzled his hand. Asriel, not apologetic yet but still regretful, rubbed the ground pokemon's mane tenderly.

"Not yet," Asriel told him. "It seems most of us managed to grab our bags, so we have our original supply of rations and medicine. The emergency flares we were supposed to get was in the captain's office, though..."

"Who needs a flare when you have Pokemon?" Heather piped up. "I don't know whether or not we'll find any fire type Pokemon soon, but Spade, if your Sneasel can fire an ice shard into the air on a whim, there's a chance we could draw the delivery bird's attention when it comes. Just a thought."

"Or we could just send a basic location of where we are at. Quite frankly, we are close to the main drop point." Halt pulled out his PPH (shaped like a pokedex, but with a healer section for a single pokeball) and opened out a basic map. "We are here." He said, pointing to a spot between the beach and mountains. "The main supply drop was planning on dropping around his idea of a camp site." Halt made a mark on the drop point. "Now the only thing we need, is a list of what we need. I made mine already." Halt has selected a few basic things he wanted, like extra pokeballs, some cooking materials, clothes, and a tent.

Chaud arose from the sandy shores after managing to make it through a harsh battle, as he scooped the Jigacho in his arms and calmly said, "Hey, are you alright Jigacho? I know that big red croc ambushed us good, but at least we managed to get away before he could do anything bad. It ain't worth our time to be fighting someone that size."

The Jigacho stopped for a second after realizing that his hands seemed to not have a grip on the usual, cube object that was usually held in his hands, as he gulped and whimpered, "J- Jig... Jig!" He slipped through his arms and began to dig around in a desperate attempt to find his cherished cube, as he snatched it minutes later from the burying, pebbly strand that seemed to enjoy it along with the other remains that were to be forgotten deep within for years to come. The Jigacho climbed on Chaud soon after, as Chaud kept him securely held in his arms.

Chaud stood near a tree for a brief moment while silently scratching his chin with the gentle breeze cuddling his body, as he thought, "Huh, where's everyone? Isn't everyone supposed to be here? Or... is it that I'm- Oh wait, oh no! I'm probably late again! Tch... dang it! If it weren't for that ambush maybe I would have been on time with everyone! Great, now I gotta find my way around here quick, it's going to get dark real soon if I can't regroup with the others!"

He gave a quick check to his recently wrapped bandages on his left hand before proceeding into the tall grass vigilantly standing between the shore and range of mountains, as he said, "Okay Jigacho, before we go... can you still move or anything? I know that the potion stings quite a bit, but it's better to have that than having to endure ten times of that for weeks. Don't be embarrassed that I bandaged your leg okay pal?"

The Jigacho gave a vague nod in a dubious manner, as Chaud jogged through the tall grass and fields of bushes; taking care to not startle any wild Pokémon along the way. The Jigacho kept quiet like the fire mouse encountered prior to this exploration trip, as he tugged on Chaud's bag the moment when he overheard a group discoursing about a rather significant matter. Chaud stopped, crouched behind a bush near the open field and whispered, "Yes Jigacho, is there something bothering you?"

The Jigacho shook his head, as he pointed towards the open field where the group was expatiating about indispensable supplies after listening in with utmost focus, as Chaud gave a nod and stood back up after overcoming his napping legs. Chaud noiselessly walked over to the very likely site of where the group's camp was going to be soon established, as he pulled out a handgun-shaped device from the holster on the right of his hip and quietly said to Professor Juniper after flicking the radio's switch, "Hello, can you hear me? This is Jigsaw 0-1. I think I just found the group before it got dark, and well... it wasn't exactly fun getting ambushed by that big bad croc earlier on the beach. I'm going to rack out inside the wire if things go smooth, but I might need to go dark if they're hostile, out." He flicked the switch in the opposite direction after finishing with his brief transmission and placing the device back in his holster, as he walked towards the group in the campsite without any initial words to them.

Asriel shook his head in exasperation. "The flares aren't for item drop offs; they're for us. We may not be able to stay as one big group forever. We may get separated by predatory pokemon, natural disasters, or just split up to find emergency supplies. And of we run into danger, the flares serve two purposes. One, they let others know where we are and we're most likely in trouble. Two, wild pokemon won't know what to make of them, not here. It could frighten an attacker," he explained, getting peeved. Still, he started making a list to Kukui in case the others wouldn't listen. He also asked for a tent of his own and some more rations, human and pokemon alike.

"If I were all of you, I'd ask your professor for more rations. Something tells me they'll be a lot harder to come by in the mountains and we don't know how far they stretch," he added. Thinking on it more, he also asked for a sweater and cap for Sleipnir. If he needed to be out to face enemies, he wouldn't appreciate cold mountain air. Hopefully, they wouldn't be needed since Asriel could now call upon Nidoran but he needed Sleipnir ready as a backup.

The entire meet-up was going much more smoothly than Nostradamus thought it would, and that raised his spirits by a fair bit, even if he didn't do much to show it. In particular, he found Sleipnir to be absolutely adorable, especially when Asriel mentioned the Mudbray's shyness. He was also pleased as punch by Heather's chipper introduction. Though he was a bit confused when the girl called out to 'someone in the back', a cursory glance at the distance confirmed some earlier suspicions. So they were being followed! By one of their own, sure, but at least Nostradamus's concern was well-placed.

With a free hand now firmly placed in one of his skirt's may pockets, the pint-sized lad nodded in acknowledgement, as he took note of everyone's names. "Well it's good to meet all of you too." He beamed, though it came across as an attempt to reinforce his poker face. With a weak flick of his wrist, he even managed to call out to the unnamed boy at the back. "Even you... guuuy." Nostradamus trailed off awkwardly, still keeping on his near-blank expression, as Asriel gave them further instructions.

"Yeah, I think that's good advice, Asriel." He nodded. While he agreed with the taller boy, Nostradamus' own list was a little less practical. Aside from clothes, rations, a fresh bag, and even a sleeping blanket, everything else he had in mind seemed odd, especially considering that he was one of the few who hadn't managed to grab his belongings (aside from a Pokénav). Tarot cards, rune stones, a portable telescope, and a vaporizer were all part of his personal list, which he sent to Birch in text form.

Last edited:
Chaud's eyes darted towards the boy that called him out as if he was a newcomer, as he pulled out his handgun shaped device again after feeling the vibrations it gave off rather soon. He flicked on the switch and listened to the transmission. The Professor said, "Yes, I heard you Jigsaw 0-1, or should I say Chaud. You seem like you've been in some trouble already, try to be careful since I've heard that the Jigacho of your's isn't exactly that fond of that kind of that stuff, over to you."

"Affirm... This is Jigsaw 0-1 again, I may need to call for stock since it appears to be that the goods are black. I have yet to do an azimuth check since I have not yet verified if these uniforms are hostile. Come up on the net, there's some static right now where I'm at, over," Chaud responded.

Chaud turned the device off after not getting a reply within some minutes, as he placed it back in his holster while slowly approaching towards the boy in a hushed manner. Like Chaud, the Jigacho seemed to be unable to utter even a word towards the boy calling his trainer earlier, as he resisted the urge to place his right hand in his mouth when he saw more people within the campsite. He quietly fiddled with the colorful cube while Chaud stood near the boy still without a word to come at that current moment.

Nostradamus raised a brow, sighing internally. There was another person following their group, and whoever it was appeared to be far less shy than the guy at the back. The stranger spoke of puzzles and uniforms. He was also talking to a firearm, which wasn't the oddest thing that the would-be seer had ever witnessed, but it was interesting to warrant a curious look from Nostradamus.

"Hello." The smaller boy gave a tiny wave, as he leaned further into his Beldum, who just floated around idly. "I didn't see you there. Did you tag along with the other one?" He asked in the same blank, girlish tone as always. And without skipping a beat, the lad continued, "I like your gun. It seems friendly."

As Azure came closer, he realized people were looking at him. He was kinda forced to say something, but instead, all that came out was an awkward "H-hi..." His Morelull would look at him, and sorta facepalm. Azure looked at Lumina and started giggling. "You're right... Hello everyone, my name is Azure. I'm from the Alola region. And this here is Lumina." He pointed at his Morelull, who happily greeted everyone with a small "Mo-ri!". He then took out his PPH. That half pokedex, half healer thingy, and called professor Kukui. But apparently, he was already talking to someone (which was Asriel in this case). "Oh okay, i'll wait..." He put it back into his pocket.

"Hi there!" Heather chimed, stepping up to offer a friendly wave to both Azure and the Jigsaw-radio boy. The former's shyness didn't go unnoticed, and she flashed him a sympathetic smile before starting off with a spiel. "Crazy stuff, practically crash landing on this island only to find one of us already here. The more, the merrier, I always say. Sorry to be rude, but I've got to get busy with my supply list real quick."

Doing exactly that, Heather beckoned Lenya to her side so that she could oversee the list as well. By the end of it, she'd sent a log to Professor Juniper with a survivalist approach, requesting an extra week and a half's worth of rations, a large winter coat, a fishing pole, as much iodine as she could spare, and a sleeping bag to be delivered at the professor's leisure.

Azure did notice the wave, even while noting down is supply list, probably just existant of whatever you need to survive like food and such, but also a fishing rod because he wondered if he could catch one of those water critters. They were weak to grass anyway so Lumina would come in handy. "Don't forget Lumina, when we're near the water again, we'll do it!" "Lu-Mo! Mori!"

Asriel walked up to Azure after sending in his own supply list. "Nice to finally see a fellow Alolan," he commented in his emotionless monotone. Sleipnir, shy as he is, reluctantly left Nostradammus' side to stand by Asriel. Well stand behind him; this trainer didn't overtly deserve his thank like Nostradammus did, after all.

"Yeah, Alola's a nice place. But there's only snow on Mt. Lanakila. There might be more snow here so I can search for ice types! I like to have a team of multiple types. It's good to have a counter against any type. The only problem is the amount of water types in most regions. This cutie here was destined to be my partner after I rescued her from falling into a pit and prining her to the professor. He told me I was allowed to keep her!" Lumina seemed to have fallen asleep, so Azure took out is pokeball and returned his Morelull in her safe spot.

After the Jigacho soon realized that everyone seemed to be busy with their supply lists, he gave another tug on Chaud's bag. Chaud looked down at him on his shoulder and quietly asked, "Yeah, what's up Jigacho? Everything alright so far?"

The Jigacho emitted a cry of agreement, as he used his hands to make a motion of a pen and paper; almost as if he was unintentionally playing a round of charades. Chaud gave a nod of approval and took out his device again, as he typed in his text:

Subj: In the Net/Stock Call

Today was quite rough to say the least, since that big red croc back at the beach almost made me lose my supposed squad that I'm with now... or at least so I think. My left hand should be fine and Jigacho too, but let's just hope that we don't get into too much trouble.

Supply List:

• Week's of Rations (Food/Water is always a necessity, and MREs surely make that easier.)
  • Sleeping Bag (In case if there are no materials for shelter.)
  • 5-10x Batteries, Battery Cells and D-Cells (For the electronics of hope and comms.)
  • 3-5x Solar Panels 30 W 12 V (Makes charging those electronics a heck lot easier.)
  • 3-5x Flares (Besides getting supplies and attention, it can show the path in our darkest hours and ward off the baddies.)

For the first time that day, a sound that wasn't filled to the brim with ambiguity escaped Nostradamus's lips, as he cupped his hands around his mouth and yawned softly. It was a quaint little thing, more akin to a kitten's curious mewling than a child's tired sigh, but it did provide a nice change of pace from the usual ominousness that surrounded the boy. Unfortunately, that also meant that he didn't get to give his newfound Mudbray pal a 'see ya later' pat, as the latter returned to its master's side. That put a bit of a damper on the lad's spirit, even if it wasn't quiet obvious, given his unfaltering neutral expression.

Nostradamus didn't let that slow him down however, as he pocketed his Pokénav. There was still teambuilding to be done, and by jove, he would take part in it. Even if he wasn't very good at it, and was more likely to frighten his traveling companions. As unflinching as the boy was, he was still an emotional creature (possibly, it's never easy to tell). His hypothetical emotions just happened to be wrapped in layers upon layers of accidentally created barriers. So rather than immediately grab his black mirror, and resume his navel-gazing, the boy instead approached one of the newcomers.

"Hey there." Nostradamus waved at Azure, keeping on the same empty smile that he'd used for the entire day. "Everyone's busy managing their inventories at the moment, but once that's settled, you should definitely introduce yourself." At the very least, his voice was vaguely warm and welcoming, even if he was visibly straining himself from staring upwards. Sure, he was still half a head shorter than the shortest person he'd encountered so far on this trip, and he couldn't find any real upsides to this new piece of information, but that wouldn't kill him.

"As Heather's already said, we're pleased to have you around." He nodded, before turning to the boy with a gun. "The same goes for you too." Nostradamus winked, or at the very least, he tried to. The awkward gesture was somewhere between strangely cute and subtly menacing.

Last edited:
Spade looked around, her hair hit the back of her head as she waved to Halt "Hey, Halt you coming or what?". The females eyes looked around "Wait, do we even know what island we are on or are we not on one that's been named yet". The Starly chirped, flapping her wings as she closed her eyes.

"The professors call it the Froena Region but that's just a working title for now. But now that we have a camp spot, we need to decide our next move before we head to bed," he told them as the sun hung low in the sky, not quite touching the horizon.

"The last thing we need to do is waste time tomorrow. After all, no telling just how much of the wildlife is highly aggressive," he added, referring to the small continents tendency to have wild pokem9on so aggressive they'd sink any boats attempting to land. They had no way of knowing if all of the pokemon that had attacked them were owned or if that one Gyarados had simply sent the others into a frenzy. Either way, Asriel didn't want to chance it.

Letting out the Nidoran he caught when he had wandered off, he laid out dinner for both of the pokemon. "I know you're hurting from that bulldoze," he told the small pokemon who hissed in response, "but we only have a little bit of medicine for now. If you can hold out till morning, I can heal you without decreasing our stocks," he explained. The unhappy poison type just looked away and puffed out his cheek. He did, however, help himself to the meal Asriel provided.

"Yea, yea. Im coming." Halt replied. He sent a list of things he needs to Rowan, and got up to join the group. Putting the water stone he found in his bag, he walked over to the group. He left the PPH on, so the signal remained up. "So, where's the campsite?"

Asher sputtered up a load of sand before kneeling over and blinking. Rubbing his eyes a groan was released by the young male after realizing his sand covered hands were not gonna clear his eyes, after shaking his whole body Asher moved form his knees to a standing position before lifting his shirt and using it to brush most the remaining sand off of his face. Sticking out his tongue in a gesture of distaste Asher looked around confused as to where his pokemon had gone. It has been a terrible day, first he chose the wrong pokemon. Rather than getting a manly, strong starter he was stuck with a dumb little Swirlix, then after getting Seasick his boat was ambushed, it all happened to fast and last thing he remembered was waking up on the shore.
Sighing, Asher rubbed his temple before noticing a drifting pink figure slowly dancing towards him. "Well I'm glad to see that you weren't helpful at all." he scoffed mockingly as his pokemon simply stuck out his tongue and chirped in response. He could only hope that the pair wouldn't run into any more trouble along the way. "At least we've still got our rations, let's find somewhere to camp." he sighed as the seemingly mindless pokemon caught up to him and rubbed it's cheek to his head, rolling his eyes Asher lifted the soaked bag form the sandy floor. It was wet and sandy, yet it was still edible. Dodging his starter's affectionate snuggle Asher shaded his eyes with one hand before shrugging and starting off down the shore, "If we're lucky, we'll run into the other's soon." he said dully while walking.
Asher dragged his feet as he walked, every now and again he would lift his amber gaze to see Swirlix bouncing in the air and grinning stupidly at nothing. Scoffing, Asher shook his head at his partner before losing his footing. As his gaze grew wide Asher fell into yet another face-full of sand, quickly jumping up to prevent the grains of rock from sticking to him Asher looked to see what he tripped over. At first it seemed to be an average rock, he shrugged but at the slightest step backwards he took the rock suddenly flinched before exposing two bulky arms and a pair of angry eyes. Without warning the Geodude launched it's first attack, a tackle aimed at Swirlix- but without the help of legs Geodude couldn't reach the floating pokemon who looked rather clueless as it watched it's supposed opponent. "Alright, Swirlix, use Fairy Wind!" Asher called out, it was a rather girly attack to the eyes- yet it was his pokemon's strongest move.
After the glittery pink wind hit the rock pokemon it gruffly shook itself before growling and a glazing it's body in a defense curl. "Damn, this is gonna be a long battle." Asher muttered before commanding his side of the battle to use tackle. And so it went on, Asher commanding, Swirlix mindlessly obeying and Geodude defending. It seemed both pokemon were becoming tired, yet neither had taken much damage by the time Asher finally released a loud sigh. Asher then took a ball off the side of his belt and aimlessly threw it at the Geodude, he didn't care what happened so long as it ended that boring misery of a battle. After 3 clicks the ball settled much to Asher's surprise, "Huh. What do you know?' he smirked slightly before walking over and picking up the ball- Swirlix cheered, a late response, before floating to Asher and nuzzling his shoulder. "Alright, alright. You din't fail this time." he muttered as he shoved the pokemon away, he then clicked the Geodude onto his belt and nodded. It was progress.
From then on Asher walked more swiftly, honestly hoping he'd meet the others and watching his step carefully.

Last edited:
Spade looked around before sighing "I would guess we get a layout of this part of the Island before anything, we could split up into groups and search around". Starly have been dosing off opened her eyes to be greeted with her pokéball "Alright Starly its late, return" the red light surrounded the bird before it vanished into the pokéball. The girl yawned as the moon started to come over the ridge "I would say either say split up into threes or two, but no one goes out by them selves" her eyes switching between Halt and Asriel.

"It would be good if we don't have to go to the mountains first but from how big they look from here, we may be out of luck," Asriel threw in. "Still, Spade's plan isn't bad. We could catch more pokemon and gain coverage for whatever we find up there. And we could try to find other supplies," he threw in.

Sleipnir started digging, using his large hooves to make a small hollow in the earth, just big enough for him and the other pokemon to sleep in for the night. Braying at them, he hopped in. They could stay warm huddled together.

Spade nodded slowly "Agreed, either choose pairs now or wait till morning". Her eyes starring at everyone around her as she slowly sat down. Grabbing a water bottle from her bag she sighed as she started to drink the cold water "Its going to be freezing tonight, so make sure your warm enough".

"That's some mighty fine detective work about the weather, being how this is unexplored and undocumented." Halt called over, and headed off to the beach. "I want to take a look back over by the attack zone. Try to see if anything's left there. Anyone wanna join me?" Halt waved over Riolu. "If not, the TWO of us will head over their ourselves."

Spade huffed "I know its going to be cold cause its winter, IDOIT!". Standing up she brushed off her shorts and sighed "I'll come, but only because I'm bored!". Taking a step on the grass below her she rolled her eyes as she followed Halt.

"Its cold in the summer where im from, so don't try that conversation with me." Halt said. He started his way down until they were out of ear shot of the others. "What do you think they want with this place? I found a water stone just lying around, so it's not for rare materials." Halt asked, knowing that a water stone sells for a lot on the mainland.

Spade rolled her eyes "Look, I may have live out in the wilderness by myself for a few years, I learned to tell when the night will be cold". as she walked close she grunted "Stupid shoes" before she countined walking she took of her shoes shoving them in her messanger bag "Better, anywho I have no clue what they want with this island, maybe they just needed a place of the main lands, cause this place is father then anyother I've seen so far".

Not with this technology, they wouldn't. Someone would've noticed the thousands of pokebucks disappearing. Halt thought, and was careful not to mention. "I guess your right." He said. Looking back at her, "Why did you come? You have to have a reason why, nobody signs up for a cruise to an uncharted region."

Spade narrowed her eyes "None of your business" her voice went into a low growl as he asked why she came, he has no right to know! her eyes flicked with anger as she looked away, looking down she bent over "Hey whats this?" on the floor was a small bracelet with a screen that was cracked. Picking it up she held it in her hand, her head tilted as a high noise frequency shot out of it making her drop it and cover her ears "Ah what the heck!".

"Long range wireless transmitter. Same tech we use for our stuff." He picked the object up, and flicked a few switches and buttons on it. "Nothing to much, but I'm gonna send it in to Rowan to trace it." Halt pocketed the strange object. He turned back to the girl. "Can your pokemon make another ice bridge? Across the water to that rock over there?" He asked, pointing to a stone a decent way out. He noticed something on it when he landed onto it, and tossed Riolu to throw down the bird.

Spade looked him in the eyes, her hands snaked into her pockets "Only if Tailgate wants to" she said as she tossed up a pokéball in the air releasing the ice-type. "Sneasel!" Tailgate crossed her arms as her head feather blew in the wind "Tailgate can you make another ice bridge, over there if you will". The pokémon ponder for a bit before opening her mouth "Snea!" a cold blast of wind touched the water freezing it over.

After a while of walking Asher let out a groan before simply sitting down, his legs were sore and he had a feeling he wasn't gonna find anybody by looking that way. Besides it was getting late- releasing his newest member Asher starred at the pokemon before shrugging, "I guess you're on our team now, welcome aboard." he huffed and the Geodude seemed even less enthused than his trainer.
"Geo-" the rock pokemon groaned before looking up at Swirlix who spun until he got dizzy before tipping his head and grinning at Asher. Asher rolled his eyes, "I hope you're better than that one." he muttered to the Geodude who hopped away from Asher. As Asher sat criss crossed allowing his other pokemon to wander away before finding somewhere to sleep- he had a feeling the Geodude didn't like him. As his brown gaze traveled up to the stars, Asher flinched slightly when Swirlix made it's way into his lap- but after a moment of stiffness Asher found himself comfortable and patted the fluffy pokemon's head.

Asriel set up his sleeping bag and sat on it. Taking a sketchbook from his bag, he began to draw a map of what they had seen so far. He planned to do so for every new part of the island they encounter. He also noted approximately where the shipe went down.

Nidoran, who Asriel planned on nicknaming later, had curled up beside Sleipnir for added warmth. With it being winter, none of the were looking forward to trudging up mountains. Asriel was indecisive. Nidoran had less fur and could get sick from exposure faster than Sleipnir but Sleipnir could sink in snow or the mud caking his choices could crack and flake, leaving the ground type in a lot of pain; the mud was so thick and dried that it would damage the pokemon's skin for it to come off... Either way, one of them had to be out in case they were attacked. Both of the pokemon should know double kick- well Nidoran should, Asriel hadnt checked yet- so they would be able to ward of the common rock types of mountainous terrain.

"We have a long hike ahead of us," he told the others, even Chaud and Azure. "I suggest we all head to sleep. The sun hasnt been set long at all but we probably wont be able to sleep long after dawn."

Nostradamus's smile faded, as he remembered that he had lost almost all of his equipment when the ship sank. The only important thing on his person at the moment (if he disregarded the scrying mirror) was his Pokénav, and that didn't do much to help him with sleep. He looked around, wondering if he could ask for an extra sleeping bag from one of his fellow pioneers, but opted against it. The two newcomers were still getting their bearings, Spade and Halt seemed busy with- something (the lad wasn't quite sure what it was yet), and Asriel had his nose stuck in a sketchbook. Even March had wandered off into the pit that Sleipner had dug, and settled down, keeping its single, unblinking eye open as it drifted into sleep mode (that should deter any would-be predators).

In every case, Nostradamus didn't want to bother or distract them. That only left Heather, and while the boy was sure he could readily ask for a favor (the lady seemed like someone who would gladly help out a child even if said child was secretly of drinking age), he didn't want to risk coming across as demanding. The older girl seemed to be the most approachable person in the group, and Nostradamus wanted to stay on her good side. So with a reluctant sigh, the tiny lad found a cool, dry spot on the ground, and sat down cross-legged. 'Maybe wearing a short skirt wasn't the best idea.' He shivered slightly, but didn't do much to react to the cold. 'But it's alright, I should survive.'

As Swirlix drifted into a slumber, it's tongue retracting back into it's mouth and it's goofy gaze shutting, Asher looked back to see that Geodude was half buried in the sand, also asleep. Sighing he dug through his bag before pulling out his pokenav, it was working now, but at least the had it. Groaning as he fell backwards into the sand, he closed his eyes in an attempt to sleep- so far this journey was nothing like what he had expected. A shiver struck Asher awake suddenly, being do close to the waves it was especially cold, luckily both his pokemon were still asleep. Returning to his bag Asher dug around a bit before gaping, his messenger! How could he have forgotten? He stared at it for a bit wondering if he should contact the other trainers, but it would make him look so weak. Asher's hands shook as he pondered, "No." he said out loud, "I can do this by myself-" he nodded firmly before standing causing Swirlix to fall form his lap, the pokemon began floating immediately and sleepily blinked at his trainer who was picking off the sticky remains of his companion.
Is there was anything Asher really hated it was looking weak, he doesn't want his pokemon to be weak and he doesn't want himself to be weak. And as cynical, as rude he may seem truth be told he's terrified- who wouldn't be? Asher then crawled over to Geodude and rocked the pokemon back and forth, he didn't get a response though. Sighing Asher took a step back that's when Swirlix grinned foolishly and simply liked the rock pokemon who jumped upright and slapped it's teammate, although Swirlix looked generally unaffected by the attack. "Alright, I hope you got enough rest- because we're walking the night." Asher said distantly as his gaze searched the horizon.

Having finished what he could of the map and scetches of the surrounding area, Asriel went ahead and took out his advanced pokedex. It was the same device Halt had; all of them should have one. A pokedex with a solar powered healing dock for one pokeball at a time and a communication feature to reach both other trainers and the professors. Turning on the communication feature and selecting the trainer option, he found a list of all their names. He didntf know who all of them were, but he went ahead and selected to send an audio message to all the names who weren't in their little camp.

"Halt, Spade, what are guys looking for out there? We're not sure what will be out in the water this time of night," he told them. While waiting for a response, he couldn't help but wonder about the other names on the list. Had they gone down with the crew? Did the crew make it and, if so, had the others escaped with them?

Deciding to send out another message to all the names he hadn't met yet, he said, "Hello? This is Asriel Dreemurr. I was a trainer on the S.S. Expedition... still wondering which professor is less than talentedd with names. I am camping for tfhe night with six other trainers; should you decide to contact them on your communicator, their names are Halt, Spade, Heather, Chaud, Azure, and Notradammus. We are between the shore and the mountains. To any other survivors, please respond!"

His voice had been mostly an emotionless monotone but as he went on, a bit of emotion entered his voice. Feeling started to return the more he thought about the others. After all... there were seven here including himself. There were meant to be twenty-one. He couldnt escape the question gnawing at him: Where were the other fourteen?

While walking, Geodude hopping behind him and Swirlix floating distraitly, Asher suddenly got a call form the device he was earlier clenching. He removed it from his bag to hear about half the message, "Swirl?" his partner spun around before blinking at Asher who huffed and put it away. Then, about 5 minutes later Asher let out a loud growl of frustration before turning on the communication tool- "Reporting in, this is Asher. After being torn apart form the rest of the crew, I woke up on the beach. Walking along the shore now, I guess I'm south of you. Rations are fine yet Navi. doesn't work, I haven't found anyone else." is all he said into the device before shutting it off and watching his pokemon.

Asriel let out a sigh of relief. "I've got communication with another survivor!" he told the others. Sending another message, he asked "Asher, can you see the mountains? Or two other people? Spade and Halt are down by the shore. Please, see if you can find them; even the baby pokemon can be quite aggressive here; there's no telling when a stage three pokemon will come out. Also, we have confirmation that we were being watched before we even got to the island. At least one of the Gyarados that attacked the boat was trained; be on guard!" Asriel warned.

Asher listened to the message before scoffing and putting the device away, "Keep on your toes guys." he muttered without looking at his pokemon. His gaze turned to the mountains and he paused slightly before looking down at Geodude. He remembered how fast the rock type was to attack Swirlix, and if the pokemon were even stronger he didn't want to think about what would happen. And as if by command another pokemon jumped out ahead of Asher, it was a small Nidoran yet it had fury in it's eyes. At that point, Asher's main goal was to just get to safety- "Alright Swirlix slow it down, then Geodud let's hit him with a Roll-out!" he commanded.
Swirlix shot a stringy substance from it's mouth, capture it's opponent and holding it in place for Geodude's direct hit. Before Asher could make another move, the wild pokemon fled to the woods- Asher nodded with a slight smirk. Maybe Swirlix was stupid, and maybe Geodude hated him- but they made a good team and for now that's what really mattered. Obviously Swirlix was looking for Praise as it grinned up at Asher who simply walked past it, "Let's head up, see if we can meet the two that guy was talking about." he said as he began walking again.

The childlike figure sat silently, still shivering from the incoming cold (he made a point to ask for warmer clothes soon), as he listened in intently to Asriel's conversation. Nostradamus couldn't exactly make out what the other party was saying, not from this far away, but what he'd heard from the taller boy was interesting. It seemed like the white-haired lad had another change of heart, going from moody and dispassionate to oddly concerned. The earlier change in disposition had intrigued Nostradamus, and this time was no different. 'Where do we go from here?' He wondered, as he finally leaned back and lay down. Maybe sleep would bring him answers, even if it rarely did.