• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Exploration of the Froena Region

Halt's expertise on the ice was all the encouragement Heather needed. Forcing a smile to calm both herself and her Pokemon, she sprinted towards the bridge, and with a mighty leap, sailed her way into a running start across the slippery ice. Instantly, her shaky legs wobbled furiously to stay upright, but as her dancing instinct kicked in, she began to find her rhythm with long, momentum-building strokes.

"Woah-gosh! Nobody fall!" She cried, unable to pay much heed to the bird as she found herself rapidly careening forwards on the ice. Any risk of getting left behind was now in the dust as her long legs worked as her saving grace. Eventually, as she slowed to avoid bumping into the backs of any members of the team, she did trip, barely catching herself with one hand before taking a breather near the ground. Standing on her feet wasn't too hard, and she immediately locked her wide-eyed gaze on the mountains long ahead of them.

Tailgate huffed as she used Icy wind once more, her red feather blown back at how fast she was going. Spade was on her pokémon heels, running together she looked back as someone noticed a Fearow flying close to them "If they are watching take them out!" she called out before huffing as Tailgate started to slow down. "Tailgate, come on you got this!" she said to encourage her pokémon. Tailgate nodded before using the ice type move again.

Finally reaching land, Asriel sank to his knees. "Let's never do that again," he suggested shakily. "I am worried about us being watched though.." he added as he let out Sleipnir. The ground type, having last been looking into the eyes of a gyrados, brayed in almost hysterical thanks and began to roll around among the rocks.

"I know, I know, you hate being near water," Asriel sympathized as his pokemon celebrated. The fearow in questioned had retreated at the first signs of combat; very unusual for its kind... Remembering the crew and the captain, Asriel looked back to the water, the ship small but clear in the distance. As were the titans towering above it. From this distance it sounded like a slight click and looked like a small splash but the proud S.S. Expedition, for all to see, snapped in two under the wrath of the water types. Silently cursing his human eyesight, he couldn't see if any lifeboats had been deployed.

Halt threw Riolu into the air, where he landed onto the ferrow's back. "Circle Throw!" Riolu, even for his small size, grabbed the bird, and threw him over his back into the ground, near the sneasel. "Your turn!" He called over to Spade, as the bird landed hard on the bridge of ice. Halt turned, and ran to catch Riolu, and lept from one rock to another, until he reached the ice bridge where he caught his partner. "Kill the tape, no time for any slowness!" Halt called, as he raced down the ice bridge, hitting dry land.

Spade nodded "Alright!" as the bird struggled to get up she snatched the camera from its neck and pulled out the hard-drive tossing the camera into the water. The two huffed as they got on dry land "Tailgate, you did awesome!" she said while hugging her pokémon. The sneasel narrowed her eyes before being put down "Alright Tailgate get some rest" The female said before holding out her partners pokéball. The red light zipped back into the ball before it closed, "Well then, what now?" she stated before looking around "I'm guessing we get food and build a shelter for tonight".

"We have some rations for now and sleeping bags. And I say getting away from shore is a priority. Maybe we just go inland, eat and then come up with a plan?" he asked Spade in response.

Sleipnir came to stand beside his trainer in support and having calmed down from his earlier euphoria. The sun, while not quite setting, was almost at that point. Sleipnir could smell other pokemon about and he wanted to head further in. At least he did until he heard a roar echo through the mountains. It was echoed many times and clearly nowhere close... but it still sounded like a fully evolved pokemon who didn't want company.

Last edited by a moderator:
Spade nodded "Alright, agreed, lets head out to find a place to set up camp and discuss this farther". The multi-colored haired girl looked around, her violet eyes dull from most emotion "Anyone have a problem with that plan?" she said with a cold tone. But right before she could get a reply a flying pokémon swooped down and tried to grab at her hair "What the!" she spoke before ducking, looking up she noticed it was only a starly.

(OOC: anyone mind if I catch the starly, can't help myself I love the staraptor line XD)

Heather came gliding onto land just in time to hear the echoing roar, and before she could even catch her breath or begin asking questions, she fished a thoroughly-woozy Lenya out of her jacket and into her hands, whispering soothing words to her startled partner until she was able to breathe properly again. Lenya wasn't pleased, but Heather doubted that anyone really could be upon having their boat torn asunder.

"That-whew-was too much action for the first day--oh my GOSH are you okay! Shoo! Shoo!" She huffed, distracted from her speech as she started waving her arms at the rogue Starly. "I heard this island was hostile, but really?"

Spade grunted before shaking her head "Yea, yea fine.." she spoke before facing Heather "We should start heading in the mountains now, before it gets dark". She streched her arms before yawning "and fast before I fall alseep". Reaching in her pocket she felt around for a bit before pulling out a small coin.

"We should probably stick to a happy medium between the shore and the mountains, right? Going too far might get us closer than we really want to be to whatever made that roar. From this moment on, we're a team, and for getting out of that mess back there, I think we should pat ourselves on the back to start. Good work out there, by the way." Heather said, shooting an awkward fingergun at Spade. "That Sneasel of yours really saved our butts."

Asriel chuckled at Spade's situation. The girl should be fine; she has an ice type after all. "I'm going off just a bit to find a good spot for camp," he told them as he led Sleipnir into the rocky terrain, towards the long grass between the shore and the mountains. He looked around for a bit, and saw some bushes in the small field. Upon closer inspection, they formed a large semicircle. A good place for rest in an open area.

As the white haired man went to go back, purple pins flew by his head. "What in the world?!" he cried out. Turning in the direction it had come, he saw a hissing male nidoran. It had its spines arched up to maximum height and had his mouth open for another poison sting. "Sleipnir," Asriel said, his voice so cold and empty that Sleipnir backed away a bit. An ambush, being spied on, possibly watching dozens of people die...his emotions gave out. He knew he was having a spell but he couldn't care less. And now this puny poison type had the audacity to attack him? "Give it a bulldoze."

Sleipnir was worried for his trainer; he had seen this before but Asriel had seemed to be getting better. And this Nidoran didn't need such an attack to be dissuaded. But still, he obeyed his trainer and slammed his front hooves into the ground to deliver the attack. The tiny purple pokemon was sent flying and landed in a crumpled heap. Asriel considered it for a moment before tossing a pokeball at it. It was caught easy and, pokeball in hand, Asriel walked back to his new companions, his usually vibrant emerald eyes void of emotions.

Spade put a hand behind her head and chuckled nervously "Uh yea sure, its just what anyone would have done". Her violet eyes followed the starly before it landed on her head "Really? This is just perfect.." she mumbled before a small smile appeared on her face. She took out a pokéball and tapped the tiny bird pokémon with it, the ball shook a few times before a click was heard "Interesting, guess you just wanted a friend huh.." she whispered before placing the coin and pokéball back in her pocket.

Heather giggled at the tiny bird's capture, stroking her own Sandile with all the more fervor as the excitement of the previous incident finally started dying down. "Well, everyone needs a friend after all. I'm Heather, by the way. I don't think I ever caught your name on the boat? Wait a minute, where's Asriel?" She asked, suddenly sidetracked as she began craning her neck in search of the boy, only to smile in relief as she spotted him walking back over. "Oh whew. Thought we lost you for a second there, As! Are you... feeling alright?"

Spade looked at the ground before replying "Spade, the names Spade". Looking around the female grunted as the sun started to lower "Now's not the time to waste lets get going before its nightfall". Reaching over she took out a pokéball before tossing it in the air, the white light shined before fading into the browns of Starly, the starly who sat its self on Spades head "Really, your just going to stay there? ok fine.." she mumbled.

Halt lept over from a little bit of a distance. "Well, that was fun." He said, speaking with sarcasm. Except his tone made it seem like he's serious. He turns to the mountains. "I'd got to say, we need to head up there, myself. It's a higher vantage point, and it seems much safer. Also, someone doesn't want us here, and that place seems most dangerous, so they wouldn't expect us to go there."

"I feel fine, I guess," he responded to Heather, voice hollow. He nodde s at both Halt and Spade before jerking his head back towards the way he had come. "There's a good place to make camp over here. A semi-curcle of bushes to give us some shelter," he told them.

Sleipnir cowered a bit at Asriel's side. He hadn't seen this often but when he did it was always the same. First came the dead look and voice. Then came the meaness, and then came cruelty. He had never been cruel to Sleipnir but he had, on occasion, tried to get Sleipnir to be cruel to others. It wasn't really someone completely different when he was like this but all the same... it wasn't his Asriel.

"Alright, but who's coming with me back to the ship?" He indicated to the lack of supplies brought off the ship. "We are gonna need to get some things from the ship." He started to the boat.

"In case you didn't notice earlier, genius, it sank," Asriel said, sounding nothing more than annoyed. Had this guy been paying that little attention? Sad really... Sleipnir for his part just tried to move Asriel back to the bushes, hoping he'd wake up normal.

Lenya wriggled from her trainer's hands and hopped a harmless distance to the ground. She'd begun to sense her fellow Pokemon's discomfort, and offered Sleipnir a sympathetic pat on the hoof for his troubles while chirping in reassurance. Heather was also starting to notice the sudden tension in the air, as it inspired her to start rooting in her bag for the first aid kit and rations.

"Haha, well. I think we understand now that the ship is a little bit of a hopeless case, but no worries! We have everything we need for a few nights in the wilderness right here," she indicated her bag, "and here." She concluded, tapping her head before pointing at those of her crew. "As long as we play it smart and as a team, the professors will be sending us pick-me-ups in no time!"

Asriel, thankfully, had his bag on him during the escape. He had been planning on being on the deck with Sleipner until they docked. He managed to crack a smile at Heather's optimism. "I suppose that'll be good for those who couldn't get their bag in time. Hope no one left anything sentimental back there." It would have been a tease had there been any emotion behind it.

Sleipnir smiled at his fellow ground type and gave it an appreciative nuzzle. Trying to think of a way to say thanks, he knelt down on his front two legs to give the smaller pokemon a ride.

Halt pulled out his PPH (Portable Pokemon Healer) and checked out for a signal. Halt had his made to contact professor Rowan. He doesn't know who the others have programmed in, but he knew he could trust him. "Im gonna call Rowan, but I still think there are things in the ship we might need. He started to a rather large hill. "Im heading up there, and if anyone would want to come, your welcome to. Also, im gonna send in a picture set of the terrain." He started up the hill. There's something on the ship. I just know it. Sometime soon, im heading over there. He thought to himself, Riolu on his trail.

"Hey, buddy, I already told you I found a place for camp," Asriel said, getting frustrated. He scoffed at Halt and headed off to his camp site. "Anyone who actually wants to sleep tonight, follow me," he threw back.

With the two boys heading in opposite directions, Heather's mouth twisted in worry as she tried to confide in Spade. "Hey, did I miss something? Why can't they just pick a spot together instead of marching off all on their own? What are your thoughts? Should we split up and try to get them back together?"

Spade looked around "Maybe, and it would be best to stick in groups.." she ponder for a moment. Her eyes looking around as pokémon chirped in the distance "Who do you wanna follow?". Starly chirped as he flapped his wings "star, starly!"

"Well, Lenya seems to like Sleipnir so far. I could take off after Asriel and try to convince him to come further inland from here. Maybe if we both stuck together with him, the other one would cave and follow too. Of course, if he's too stubborn to follow, that would mean he'd be out there alone, but we just won't it come to that, right?"

Asriel was almost out of sight of the others when he felt a tug on his pants. It was Sleipnir, not wanting Asriel to go off alone. Asriel just look coldly at him. "You know, you just spent several days in a pokeballs and with Nidoran here," he said while shaking the pokeballs, "I don't exactly need you anymore, do I?" Sleipnir, catching the hint, let his trainer go and came to heel, keeping his head down, receiving a mane rub for 'good behaviour'.

Calling Nostradamus B. Dammed's clunky form of transportation 'skating' would have been too much credit. Really, all the tiny lad did was cling unflinchingly onto a rocketing mound of steel, and allow himself to be propelled into the distance by his Pokemon. Once the gang had arrived at shore, the boy's arms felt like putty, but it beat being eaten by whatever was below by a country mile. (As someone who had lived on two tropical regions, Nostradamus had yet to even experience snow, much less ice skating.)

Now all that was left to do was tag along with the group and survive. So he followed after his fellow frontiers, but mostly in silence, as he tried to wrap his head around the preceding events. And just when he thought that day couldn't get any more interesting, one of his shipmates fell into some sort of trance. It was the one called Asriel, and he seemed like a completely different person. Neat.

'Huh.' A small smile spread across his cheeks, as he leaned onto March. 'I wonder if that's normal.' He sighed, but kept up the faintest inklings of a pleasant expression. That didn't last long as two of the other boys got into a spat over where they'd find a campsite. It seemed silly, but with how high tensions must have been from being hunted down and filmed by a mystery aggressor, it was in their best interests to cool off and pair up again. So, perhaps to finally interact with the rest of the crew.

With an arm placed onto his Beldum for support, the boy skipped ahead by a few steps until he was in front of Asriel. "Hey-" He hopped up, as to make sure that the taller boy could actually see him. With that being done, Nostradamus snapped a finger, and pointed at the opposite direction. "Maybe we should ask everyone else what they think." He suggested with the sincerest smile he could muster. "It couldn't hurt to get some input from the rest of the team."

Asriel sighed in annoyance. He could try to explain how little he cared but that seemed like a hassle. Besides, wasn't this the kid who wasn't fazed by anything earlier? It could be nice having someone to talk to again...

"Well, where do you want to go?" Asriel asked. He didn't actually care where they rested. He just didn't like his attempts being ignored to the point it was like they never happened. So he may as well left this guy, who seemed to be empty inside as well, make the choice.

That went much better than expected. He was half-expecting to get told off, which he would have taken in stride, but instead some actual attention. Nostradamus was almost touched. But then again, all that would have entailed for the tiny boy was a looser expression and a slow nod. And since he couldn't exactly do that at the moment, as he was playing temporary team stick glue, he continued to wear the same slightly off-putting smile. "Well, I wouldn't mind getting further away from the beach, but..." He flashed a quick look at their companions. "The giddy tall girl, she mentioned not wanting to get too close to that roar. I'm inclined to agree." While the boy didn't seem too bothered by whatever that mystery monster was, he seemed to concur with Heather's earlier sentiment. "But that's just me, we could ask our two friends over there for their opinions."

Spade looked over as she saw a new male walking over to Asriel. her black and white hair flew in her face as a strong breeze picked up, grabbing a small rope she tied up her hair into a high pony tail. "There, no more stupid hair in my face" she said while looking at Heather "Are we the only girls, cause If so I'd rather just stay here..".

Having silently followed the group, who by the time had found a place to camp, Azure walked to he campsite and sat down, looking at the sky. He didn't say anything though, he just looked, silently. Then he lifted his arm to reveal a small Pokemon wrapped around his arm, asleep. He smiled at it and silently watched the rest of the crew.

The childlike figure felt a cold pang in his nape, as he listened in to Spade's reply. Nostradamus winced ever so slightly, still wearing a hollow smile, as his eyes darted around suddenly. Why did he feel like he was being watched? That question simmered in his mind for several moments, before a realization struck him. He was a good foot or so shorter than everyone he'd talked to up to this point, easily standing an entire head below all of them. The boy had to stare upwards just to initiate a conversation, and his neck was probably tired from the abuse. The pains of being a shorty, he supposed.

With that out of the way, Nostradamus addressed the issue at hand. "I think there was another girl on the ship. Though I could be wrong." He said in ho-hum tone, before crossing his tiny arms. "Still, she's probably dead now. Unless she followed us or found another way out. Shame." He shrugged, not sounding as sincere as he should have been. Nostradamus didn't really seem to focused on that issue, if it even was one. "So are we chasing after the one that left? Or are we just letting him go?"

"I suppose we had better go after Halt," Asriel said in exasperation. "We probably shouldn't let him get hurt by going off alone."

Sleipnir sighed in relief and thankfully nuzzled this boy who was talking sense into Asriel, even if he did seem to be without emotion all well. Though it did concern the Mudbray how well this friendship would impact Asriel down the road.

Spade rolled her eyes, looking around behind her she patted the Starly who sat itself on her head "Find that Halt guy okay?". The bird pokémon chirped before flying off over where he left. "Come on, this way then" she spoke as she followed her Starly.

Nostradamus gave the Mudbray a pat, as it nuzzled up against him. His expression brightened afterwards. Not by much, in fact the change was so minute that it would take immense concentration to even notice it, but the lad still felt the odd change. "This seems like a good plan." Once again, the miniscule figure offered the Spade a blank smile to go along with his compliment, though he quickly turned it towards Asriel as well. With one of his hands still firmly placed on March, he fell silent for a few moments. Was now the time for small talk?

Silly question, he knew, it was always the time for small talk. "So, I don't think I've been acquainted with you two yet." Nostradamus put on an inquisitive tone, as he followed after the Starly. "I'm Nostradamus." He offered up cheerily (as cheerily as possible, at least). "What are your names?"

Azure had stood up and started following the Starly as well, because if he wouldn't, he'd be left behind. "Come on Lumina, we have to look for someone. Back into the pokeball." But the pokemon would refuse, just wanting to sit on his shoulder. "Mi! Lulu!" "Ugh, fine. Sit on my shoulder, but watch out, okay?" He answered, and put the Morellul on his shoulder and the pokeball in the bag.

Halt sat on the side of a hill, and looked out at the vast sea. Activating his PPH, he set it up for Pro. Rowan's signal. After a few seconds, his old companion answered the call. "Hello, Halt. Hows the trip going?" Rowan asked, looking half at the screen, half at something else. "I think most of us got here safely, but some pokemon attacked us, and we have reason to think that they were sent to attack us. But the ships mostly sunk over, and we need some supplies." Halt took the time as he spoke to record some photographs of the landscape, and pulled it onto his screen. "I'm gonna send a basic list of supplies we need, but I mainly wanted to make sure we have contact with the other regions." "Well, you have contact. Send the list whenever, and im gonna send what I can. Just be careful over there, and call me when you need." Pro. Rowan replied and ended the call. Halt sat out, and waited for a while, watching the pokemon mind their way through the waters.

"Asriel," he briefly introduced himself for anyone who didn't know. Turning back to Nostradamus, he took note of how Sleipnir was staying between them. "Seems he likes you. He's usually shyer around people."

Spade turned her head as the Starly chirped circling over Halts head "Found you!" she called out. The Starly placed itself on her owners head intertwining stands of hair into her talons. Spade sighed as she felt the slight tugging on her hair "Really?" she mumbled as she petted the bird pokémon.

Heather giggled again upon noticing how the Starly's antics were affecting Spade. The re-indoctrination of Asriel to their motley crew had perked her up splendidly, as did the introduction of Nostradamus, who she'd been curiously wondering about ever since laying eyes on the small statured boy. Even if his emotionless stare was somewhat offputting, it only served to make Heather chipper for the both of them. "Nostradamus, huh? Then we've got Spade, Asriel, Halt, and... who's that in the back?" She said, indicating Azure. "In case you missed it, I'm Heather, and I'm so pleased to meet you all and be here, even if our ship is currently 6 feet below the waves."