• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Exploration of the Froena Region Sign Ups

@kyuukestu we cant all just avoid as much as possible, we have to at least take some damage
I didn't avoid anything at all. You used a string of attacks but were cut off from the first attack. That's all there was to it.

"Skorupi, Cross Poison on Rose!" Kaleb called out. Skorupi flung the X-shaped attack at Rose and hit, and repeated the attack, but it collided with Night Slash this time, and Skorupi was sent hurtling towards the ground, but landed on his feet and readied his next attack.

If you notice, this post above that you edited now makes no sense at all, because you've already reacted to the actions of my Pokemon. Though I wouldn't mind if you'd done this normally, the way you edited it makes it so that you'd reacted to my Pokemon before they'd even moved.

Pin Missile!" Skorupi had overwhelmed Rose and hit her with Pin Missile, causing damage over time, and he followed up with a Poison Fang, immobilizing Rose, and he crunched down on her, causing her to become poisoned. He flung her to the ground, and stomped her down, and used another Poison Fang. If Qin didn't come up with something quick, Rose would be down for the count.

and then you simply reposted this part, which I had intended to cut off. You didn't even change it so it made sense in context.

@kyuukestu how so? It may he the fact that I just woke up but I don't know what you're talking about...

*sigh* If you read the last few Posts from Pg.13 and the First Post from Pg.14 It now looks like this. (I'm omitting Asher's actions since they're not related to the battle.)

"Skorupi, Cross Poison on Rose!" Kaleb called out. Skorupi flung the X-shaped attack at Rose and hit, and repeated the attack, but it collided with Night Slash this time, and Skorupi was sent hurtling towards the ground, but landed on his feet and readied his next attack.

Qin smirked at Asriel before shamelessly remarking,
"That's true, but I could wait in the air and let you two deal with each other and clean up whoever survives~"

He laughed lightly before waving his hand dismissively, assuring his fellow trainer that he'd do no such thing. He wasn't really in a situation where he wanted to win, by all means, so he saw no need to abuse Rose's aerial advantage. Just as he was about to order Rose to attack, Kaleb beat him to it ordering Cross Poison on Rose. Qin's eye widened as the little Skorupi launched itself into the air, dead-set on hitting Rose. He had to admit, he didn't expect Kaleb to insist on attacking, but he wasn't exactly worried.

"You can't fight in the sky just because you can jump a bit high..."

Letting the smirk fall from his lips Qin casually directed

"Your boldness is admirable so we'll meet you head on! Rose, knock it back to the ground! Night Slash!"

Responding with an enthused screech Rose tucked in her wings and dived towards the Skorupi. Her claws tinted dark, drew lightless arcs through the air. The two Pokemon collided the rebound causing both to fall back. Rose wobbled in the air but soon regained her balance, but the Skorupi was sent hurtling to the ground, whether it managed to land on its feet or on its head would be entirely up to its ability to maneuver before it made contact with the ground.

Pin Missile!" Skorupi had overwhelmed Rose and hit her with Pin Missile, causing damage over time, and he followed up with a Poison Fang, immobilizing Rose, and he crunched down on her, causing her to become poisoned. He flung her to the ground, and stomped her down, and used another Poison Fang. If Qin didn't come up with something quick, Rose would be down for the count.

"Horn attack!" Asriel yelled as the elusive flying type came so near the earth. Jitter charged and managed to nail Rose in the side after she delivered her night slash. He kept one foot on her chest, leaving himself open to an attack but keeping her on the ground. Asriel seemed perfectly okay with this strategy.

Finna chuckled at Asher. "It's true that this land isn't so bad once you get used to it. Once you know how the pokemon operate, it's actually fairly easy to get by," she assured.

She sighed and thought back to her life before Froena. "I suppose I could go back to Unova. My parents loved their home in Castelia City so I doubt they've moved. But I've been gone for so long... they'll have already grieved and moved on," she realized. Asher seemed to have a knack for uncovering the subjects she never considered or had long forgotten about. Even though this region had been home to so many horrors, she still thought of it as home. As for family...well, it's surprising how quickly those memories can fade away.

Now as you can see that sequence of events make no chronological sense.

....i feel like that not how things were when I originally posted >.> anyway I'll edit when I get the chance. I'm shopping for my aunt. There's usually something she wants, especially on my days off, and I have to go get it for her. And I have no license so it's all on foot.

....i feel like that not how things were when I originally posted >.> anyway I'll edit when I get the chance. I'm shopping for my aunt. There's usually something she wants, especially on my days off, and I have to go get it for her. And I have no license so it's all on foot.
They weren't like that before *Sigh*

@StormingCobra55's posts used to be a single larger post, but when he split into two he didn't format it so it fits the context. That's why it makes no sense.

Now we've got actions and reactions out of order, and two Pokemon intent on stepping on my Poor Gligar.

Yes, but since I posted after you and you edited those actions in, your Pokemon are responding to move I haven't even made yet.

For example,

But, I haven't even used Night Slash yet.

The problem isn't the edit, but the way you edited. You messed up the sequence :(

If you have things that should be in two different posts, then put them in two different posts.Otherwise, it creates confusion, like it did here.

Hey, I'm going to put up the list of evolution methds for pokemon who normally evolve during trade. Where do you guys think it should go? On the post with the rules for the thread, on my profile, or in my signature?

Also, I now have a perfectly justified reason to dodge everything with ease ~

Stun Spore dropping your speed by 50%, then Cotton Spore (If you get hit) dropping your speed even further, and finally, Twilla had the speed boost from the 3 times I used agility with Rose. (Baton Pass is so useful~)

Ya'll might as well be snails compared to Twilla right now :blush:

Yes I am please give me time! >_< *takes a deep breath to try to remain calm* I am very busy. I am at work nine hours a day, five days a week. I am almost solely taking care of my sick elderly aunt who is so ill that she needs surgery, at 70+years old, to get better! I am managing this thread, trying to make time for my fiance; in this thread, I am responsible for both of my characters and the people @kyuukestu refers to as the top brass. And all of their pokemon! Not to mention my little cousin, who is like my little sister, trying to receive some attention from me, my apartment hunting, having to walk to most places due to lack of liscense! I am doing what I can just please give me a little patience...

Forget it guys, I'm off for the night. Now my fiance is upset because all this is distracted from the thing he spent nearly an hour or more doing... I'll be back tomorrow

Okay, everyone, first off, I want to apologize for last night. I should not have lost my temper how I did, even if it was just briefly. I will respond when I can today and tomorrow but work makes it rough. Also, I would like to let you guys know- not as an excuse by the way, just so you guys are aware as it may effect my activity in the future- that I have been experiencing the symptoms of a very bad anxiety attack or the buildup to a nervous breakdown. I have been under a lot of stress and pressure in my life recently, to the point I will forget to eat. And that is no exxageration; I went more than twenty-four hours without food because my stress left me with no appetite whatsoever and when the hunger pangs stopped I had forgotten they had been there to begin with. And the meal I had when I did realize this, I almost had to force myself to eat because I still had no appetite.

I'm rambling but if there are days I'm particuarly slow or things I say to expect come a bit slower than I had thought, please be patient?

If I don't need a bio for my new character that we've worked with and discussed about for some time, then I suppose I must urgently make my way to the RP.

I'll be introducing the character first and have Chaud catch up off camera while I control the new character of mine until then most likely.

Okay, everyone, first off, I want to apologize for last night. I should not have lost my temper how I did, even if it was just briefly. I will respond when I can today and tomorrow but work makes it rough. Also, I would like to let you guys know- not as an excuse by the way, just so you guys are aware as it may effect my activity in the future- that I have been experiencing the symptoms of a very bad anxiety attack or the buildup to a nervous breakdown. I have been under a lot of stress and pressure in my life recently, to the point I will forget to eat. And that is no exxageration; I went more than twenty-four hours without food because my stress left me with no appetite whatsoever and when the hunger pangs stopped I had forgotten they had been there to begin with. And the meal I had when I did realize this, I almost had to force myself to eat because I still had no appetite.

I'm rambling but if there are days I'm particuarly slow or things I say to expect come a bit slower than I had thought, please be patient?

It's happened to me before, its okay. Just promise you'll take care of yourself alright? Take as long as you need.
(This happened to one of my friends before, it ended her in the hospital cause she didn't care for herself and her parents didn't notice... never wanna go through that again..)

If I need to and if the others need it, I'll post Joel's bio here for referencing purposes. Please take it easy on yourself okay Melody?

EDIT: I'm back! I've gotten back into the RP! I honestly couldn't have gotten back without your help Melody. Even though it was the worst time to discuss that matter, it still helped me to get back into the RP.

Last edited: