• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Explain Your Trainer Card

Well, I wouldn't really call the party on my TC my dream team, but a team I would want my Character to have if he were really in the series. But since he isn't, my 100% real party on my Pokemon Sapphire is Swampert, Blaziken, Kygore, Latias, Mew, and Jirachi. I'll even take pics if I need to.

Anyway, the rest of the TC is pretty self-explainitory, ID number, Name, Badges, Pokemon.

Mines Of My Emerald Team. Il hopefully create a new one when i get Diamond/Pearl.

Totally Custom Card and edited sprite.

P

Pikachu_Master

My TC:
42tdcgn.jpg

It's my Diamond Team, and I'm going after the Elite Four !

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
And thus, with the return of the TC Maker, I return to making and posting my cards XD

KatieDiamond6th.png

This card is liable to change quite often over the next little bit. As you can probably guess, it's a snap-shot of my current team and Gym status on my Pokemon Diamond version. The team isn't anything extraordinary, but I only wanted to use my caught Sinnoh Pokemon for my first play through, and these guys all interested me for one reason or another. They have obvious weaknesses, but I still love 'em ^^

And my other card is just a remake of my original "dream team", same sprites and all. The only differences are the custom female sprite I used and the template (I

Last edited by a moderator:
The card in my sig shows my current team, aside from Pokemon I'm training for fun like Vespiquen, Probopass and Hitmonchan. The badges are correct too; the only thing off is the trainer. But... it works for me. :p

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
My first card is my Hall of Fame team, all of whom have been trained since Jubilife City at least except for Torterra, who was subbed in at the last moment from Pearl to help out in a "Charizard came back to beat Gary!" sort of way.

ca69b8cce9ca6ec3f87dd5267790d1bb.png

This second card is my Legendary Conquest card, which I'll be updating as I strive to complete my Legendary Collection by catching what Sinnoh has to offer. After that, all I need to do is get myself Entei and Raikou from Colosseum (assuming I can be assed) and Jirachi from Katie (since I can't get my legit one from Channel >_>) and I'll have every Legendary Pokemon except Arceus.

59706580b46967f1936281ffe7274195.png

Which will annoy me to the ends of the planet.

Oh well.

The first one in my sig is one of the teams I used in my original Blue version. The one right next to it is my Silver Team (my strongest all around, uber stats and everything.) Yes, the Raichu, Jolteon and Lapras from the first one are the same ones, though I leveled them up in Silver, not Blue. The last one is my team on Ruby. I can't remember what my team was on Sapphire.

P

Pikachu_Master

I have four new TC's to replace my old ones:
(This is all based on a FC I'm doing on another site with May as the main character)
NOTE: I had to use the Dawn sprite, just so you know
7546e14119a1c6bdd13e3d57ee32ecdc.png

f54eab109dd82fa3e0db3698f48b38a3.png

c0ce223d53ae25b539fab35cb6d27aab.png

1bed894f22dd129aecb1b9c33aa8a07e.png

My Favorites: Hoenn, Sinnoh and Johto

I tried to put at least one of every type she had on a previous team, except Butterfree and Wormadam aren't Grass, they're Bug, but I'm treating them like Grass types even though they aren't

I used to have one with my Diamond progress back when I played it, but I can't find it...I may edit it in later. It basically had the first six Sinnoh-native Pokemon I caught on it... ::)

Anyway, here's one I made kinda-sorta on a whim:

54bas6s.png

It's for a "team" of two people...kinda complicated. Oh, and the dancer people look nothing like 'em, but I guess it sort of fits...

Okay, so explanation:
- Trainers:
--- Celyn is a "breeder" who may or may not be affiliated with an evil organization. Samantha is a former volunteer at the Jenta Eggery, where she lost her "baby" to a nurse who may or may not have bad intentions. Long story short, Celyn and Samantha met on the rooftop while Samantha was being angsty, ended up thinking the other was somebody completely different from who they really were, and ended up traveling together...
- Charmander:
--- Lotus, the female Charmander, is Celyn's starter (well, one of three...he didn't keep the other two). She's hyper-loyal to him, and will do anything he says. He wants her to be able to breed a lot of little Charmander babies so he can sell 'em off, but he thinks she should train up some before that. You know, so her stats can bring him some extra cash.
- Vaporeon:
--- Serenity, a female shiny Vaporeon, was bought off by Celyn in the Jenta Shelter. He wanted her to breed up a storm of eevee eggs...for more reasons than one. She's usually under the influence of Orchid's Confuse Ray to get her to cooperate, and is also fed a certain herbal blend to make it so her eggs hatch more than one eevee at once.
- Umbreon:
--- Anxiety, a male shiny Umbreon, came with Serenity. He's her twin brother, and isn't quite sure what Celyn is up to. He hates his trainer, and is only along to protect his sister. Usually he's off emoing in a corner, or something.
- Rotom:
--- Orchid the rotom was obtained by Celyn in a Sinnoh-themed giveaway. Celyn wanted to go for THE rarest Pokemon...hence why he has Orchid floating around. Orchid's pretty chill, and thinks Celyn needs to calm down about the breeding thing. It just goes along with it for lack of anything better to do. Luckily for Orchid, Celyn has yet to find a Ditto to breed it with...
- Dragonair:
--- David is a male dragonair belonging to Samantha (though she wishes he didn't). He was originally an NPC-Pokemon up for trade...but one thing led to another, and I stole Samantha (the trainer offering him) for plot-related purposes. ^_^;; David is extremely violent, hates everybody, and Celyn wants him to be Lotus' breeding partner (he knows Dragon Rush). David just wants to destroy things.
- Dratini:
--- Technically there is no Dratini...well, there was, but she's gone. She was a blind/mute/shiny dratini (named Shasta) up for adoption in the shelter, and Samantha fell in love with her (she was her baby). However, she was taken away, and Samantha couldn't adopt her because she was a poor college student who couldn't afford to care for Shasta's health needs. Now she just wants her back. Shasta may or may not be dead right now.

^_^ It's for some NPCs I like (and could make a card for) from my site. Heh. I don't know if it'll go in my sig or anywhere, I just made it on a whim. Then I wanted to explain it...so now it's saved here. :p

Time to talk about my Trainer Card.

f2ab8f9d07102ba23775a8796a9eab6b.png

This is basicly my Future Team in Pearl for battles against the Elite Four only, but I may use it ever once in a great while over Wi-Fi battles against others only 1-2 times a week.

I used PoKeCharms Trainer Card maker to make this and I'll probably be a nice brother and make one for my sister if she wants me to make one for her.

I'll make another Trainer Card using this sites trainer card maker of my Future Dream Team and hopefully I'll have it.

This is pretty much the time I hope to get before I face the elite four.... It may not be the best "meta" game team, but I'll have fun playing as them, and in the end.... isn't that all that really matters?

Well, I guess this looks like a nice place for a first post =)
Anyway on to the explanation of my trainer card.

bb1486c9ed2f3b52f8ea1ac31545dd07.png

1/2 of them are from the original Pokemon versions, Vaporeon was and still is my favorite pokemon of all time, Arcanine a close, CLOSE, second. Dragonite is, in my opinion, one of the most beautiful pokemon there is, in the game I have one, and I don't let it evolve :p. Why 2 Pichus you may ask, simple, I've seen the short Pikachu films, and the Pichu brothers just kind of grew on me, I liked 'em, why separate 'em? Finally down to Gardevoir, ofcourse female, I mean heck, she looks like a female, and her body looks like she's wearing a dress, I guess I like her 'cause she's human like. Psychic to boot, a very nice combination for me, all in all that is my "Dream Team" in the pokemon world ^__^

Well good night for now.
((by the way, can someone tell me what the friend code things are? I looked around a bit and found no info on it, unless I missed it or something))

P

Pikachu_Master

Here's my newest Trainer Card from my fan-fic (bonus mission)

3782eb5764c3572863bd8435da618c22.png

Rundown:
Pikachu-- Like Ash's Pikachu, been there since the start
Lugia--Yes, this was the Shadow Lugia from XD
Driftblim--Just wanted something intresting in the party
Infernape--Was a Shadow Chimchar and the third strongest in her party
Dialga--Caught it in Sinnoh, but never used it until now
Mismagius--Like Dialga, May caught a Misdrevius in Johto, but nver used it

This is all in short detail

NOTE: I'd really love it if someone could create a May sprite like they did for Brendan so I can make new TC's but with the same details. Please ?

Hmm, I guess I shall explain mine.

It's basically me (covered by a trainer sprite which looks nothing like me...) and a selection of my favourite pokemon, namely Raichu, Rhydon, Ivysaur, Quilava, Pidgeot and Sandslash. I basically try to at least train some of these whenever I play. No doubt as my tastes change I may or may not choose to include some other fellows.

Oh and by the way David466/"da bomb" I just have to point out that "Deus ex machina" means something more like an action brought about by great power, it comes from the use of stage cranes in ancient Greek theatre. Sorry, the Classicist in me just had to say that.

Yoshimitsu

Former Moderator
Two trainer cards in my signature.
The one on the left is Alexxia, my PRP character, as her team currently is. The one on the right is Alexxia again, but how her team is going to look when she has 6 pokemon. (Y)

Raquaza:Caught in the honen region on emarald
kyogre:Caught in while i was playing emrald

sceptile:My strater

Latios:I GOT YOU NOW

Latas:Well i finally found it

First, people ask why my name is Saint, it's cause my last name means "saints". Second, the reason I chose Sir Aaron as my Trainer is because he was the best one that matched my personality,cool and kind.
Mewtwo: My favorite Kanto Pokemon cause he's like me, smart with inner power
Lugia: My favorite Johto Pokemon cause he has the power to control others
Jirachi: My favorite Hoehn Pokemon cause he's cute, but deadly
Lucario: My favorite Sinnoh Pokemon and my favorite Pokemon overall
Eevee: I like him cause he has the most Evo's and is the strongest to me
Ditto: I like him cause he can transform into any Pokemon available

Well the one in my sig is of course, all the evees whom I love so much! And then there's Mewtwo, the powerhouse. I chose Mewtwo because he's strong (obviously) and love his wide range of moves he can learn.

Never had this team though, but.. *cuddles Action replay cheat cartridge* that will change!

mine is my Diamond Team except for the Leafeon
Right now it's a blank spot
I put her there nowing she'd soon join my team
I just don't want to go throught the hastle of making another when i get her

My TC is my current party in Sinnoh. Its a balance of the Legendary, some starters, and the uber cool Riolu and Staraptor. Oh, and it's in my siggy.

EDIT: Is it just me, or is the Torterra in my TC black?

My trainer card shows my pokemon diamond team that i use in-game and when I vs. people on wi-fi. The other trainer card with bulbasaur in it shows some of my favorite pokemon. ;D

Also, yes your Torterra is colored black :o

My trainer card is my three pokemon I finnaly picked out in diamond and my 3 best suporters from back in the ruby days. I miss the ruby days, poor swellow and blaziken. =( Its brown because I love the element earth and my guy well, I like to dress in baggy cloths. lol

My trainer (i was lucky to find this...it was a bug >.> ) is the same one i use in game.I researched the actual char and love her too ^^

Mew i've loved since red,and i always find a way to get one when i can.

Marowak i've always wanted to try,but i usually didnt have space.When it came down to him or Nidoking,i finally took the stand,mostly cause i love his bone based moves ^^

Charizard i dont know who hates him

Umbreon i loved immediatly when i saw it,its just so cool

Raichu i've always liked more than pikachu,and besides that i love electric types almost as much as psychic

Dragonite was gonna be a dragonaire but i eventually decided to let it evolve and i'm glad for it.Its so cute!

I'm a 1st gen fan btw,umbreon is one of the few exceptions to that...i couldnt get attached to advance gen and i only liked a few in the G/S/C generation

My Wi-Fi lineup has Tyrannitar, since it's a good sweeper and can storm through teams if used correctly.
I utilise Gyrados since although I prefer Kyogre lots of people don't like fighting Legendaries which is fair enough.
Charizard is around for quick attacks and general annoyance.
For the reverse, Dusknoir is a great tank and staller with defences that are excellent.
I have Luxray since he's a useful type combination, plus he's shiny.
As for Gardevoir, Gardevoir is my favourite Pokémon and a rather nice guy traded me a shiny Ralts after I beat my first gym. Needless to say, Gardevoir swept aside pretty much everyone in the game, beating the Elite 4 all on her own.

CheeneeDreamRealLifeTeam.png

No particular reason for the trainer card. I sadly don't have Diamond/Pearl yet either, but I hope to get one soon along with a DS. Hence the lack of Fourth Generation pokemon.

But anyway, this is basically one of too many teams I'd love to have in real life. I'd call this one something like the "cuteness factor" team. Castform would be better for a weather person on the spot wherever he happens to be. Alakazam's for help with homework. The three "babies" are just because I happen to like them and their evolutions very much. Ditto's there for anything else needed that's not on hand.

Well my team is composed of the most useful pokemon I had in the past 3 games, and the pokemon I'd like to have once I play diamond....

mjc.png

Gardevoir- Pretty, powerful, what's not to like, plus, she gets rid of most of the monsters on victory road
Gallade- a boyfriend lulz
Starmie- no reason really, it's jsut that her favorite shape is a star, plus it kicks butt with psychic and bubblebeam
Torchic- OMG, my friend had a torchic, and believe it or not, he played through the whole game with it. I still can't believe he defeated the 8th gym leader with that thing...
Flygon- Another one of those "don't leave without it" type pokemon, flying, dragon, dark and ground attacks, all on one pokemon. too bad the ability leaves much to be desired...
Cherrim- no reason really, it's pink! and I'd like the character to get it once I play diamond...

Raichu- My raichu is versatile, possessing not just thunder attacks, but fighting and ground attacks as well.
Eevee- You can never go wrong with a normal type that knows dark attacks, and has the versatility of evolving into one of 7 forms, though on gold, it's an espeon.
Typhlosion- My most memorable Starter, second to mudkip, he's quick and powerful, and the deciding pokemon in my elite 4 match...
Breloom- He,too, was a deciding pokemon in my elite 4 match. Plus, as a shroomish, he was just adorable and pwned Roxanne without any help or recovery...
Togekiss- My togetic, hopefully evolving in diamond, always with me, no matter how many times I played the game.
Pichu- ah well, this is just in line with the sprite himself, Jay Huntre, he has apichu that's always on his shoulder.

Well I made this one on my own. I used another trainer card to just get the size down.

2000906293580340767_rs.jpg

Togekiss - I saw how awesome its stats were and its moves it could learn so I had to bring it through one of my adventures. The thing is so darn cute and fun to use I had to keep it.

Sandslash - Back on leaf green I found a shiny Sandrew while looking for Raikou. I caught it and then raised it into the awesome red-spined Sandslash it is today. I normally open with Sandslash and Togekiss.

Magmortar - This guy is pretty fast and is super strong with his specials. I had him as a Magmar who I liked because of his cross chop and thunder punch he knew when I caught him. When I transfered him I made sure to evolve him. Don't like the look of him, but I wanted his power.

Heracross - This guy is strong. I looked at his stats and knew I needed to use him through an adventure. I also saw he could learn Close Combat, now easily might be one of my favorite moves.

Raichu - She is so cute. I just love lightning also. I like Pikachu's, but Raichu's are so much better. I once considered to dump her for a surfing/volt tackling pikachu, but I had already raised this Raichu to 84 and love it too much.

Mismagius - Now I had a Misdreveous I loved to use. Its perish song was fun back in the day and I had to make sure it would evolve when I transfered it.

The badges I just chose from all the leagues and picked out my favorite looking badges. Being a big lightning fan I had to choose all three, and the rest were for their looks.

My trainer there is a sprite edit I did. I used multiple different pokemon trainers to make it along with some custom stuff and lots of recoloring. I drew my favorite design for an axe in his hand. I normally use it only in pictures involving role plays and stuff, but I felt I should use it here. I made sure to add a poke ball to it to make it match the pokemon theme.

The background is once again because I'm a lightning fan. The picture is the same I have for the background for my computer, it just looks plain awesome.

As for the name, its just my name. I am the Prophet Jappio.

There is just a good amount of orange since its my favorite color.

The Pokemon on my trainer cards are the ones I own on both Emerald (right) and Diamond (left).

My team always consists Pokemon I can get in the game I own, and which I get before the Elite four. I always take 6 Pokemon, and make them my basic team, I never go for the full pokedex (well, maybe on Diamond I do..)

My team always has pokemon that are able to use all (usefull) HM. Never flash or defog..
My team always has a fire, water, grass and flying pokemon and 2 other cool pokemon that are from that generation (For example, I never use a Pikachu in Emerald, because it's not that generation).

The six pokeballs that contain my pokemon would be put into a scepter I always be wearing, but that thing has to be designed yet.. Kinda like this guy He put the 6 darkballs he has in his piece of armor.

The trainer card I made in my sig is fairly self-explanatory.

For the trainer, Silver is my favorite rival. Long red hair, cold-hearted jerk, theif-that-goes-soft-later, what more could you want? XD

And now to the Pokémon. Marowak's been a favorite of mine for a while; the bone and helmet are raw awesome, and that ghost Marowak in RBY/FRLG was even more awesome, plus Cubone's adorable anyway. Typhlosion's quite more the badass than people give it credit for, IMO, plus he's my favorite of the GSC starters (all the RBY ones are bleah). Sceptile is one of the most awesome grass-types period and looks really cool; leafy dragon FTW! Infernape is my flat-out favorite fire-type--come on, who doesn't love flaming monkeys?--and I made mine into a horrible Pirates of the Caribbean reference because the Monkey Jack is quite amazing (and my foundation for liking monkeys in the first place). Lucario is just a beast (Aura Sphere pwns) and has an awesome typing. Toxicroak, well... is just a badass.

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
Yes, I'm not posting my card, just because I'm working on it right now...

Anyways, my card shows my RP character's team, or, rather, her dream team. The trainer is supposed to be her, but I think it looks pretty bad, since I'm not so good at making trainers. Then, we can say she has no badges so far, because she just started on her journey. And then, there's the trainer card. I made it myself, or, actually, I made part of it. Maybe you can say it's partially a recolor... Anyways, that's my card.

My card...well, I've always had a passion for Fire types and those fire types are some of my faves. If I was a gym leader...well I'd be one tough gym leader. Most players would expect only Fire Pokemon, I've always got a back up plan for everything. Hence why I've got the two non-Fire type Pokemon that know Fire type attacks. So I'd be a gym leader that have a trump card for every type coming.

Mine is my Wifi and PBR goal team.

I used a similar team to beat Pearl. The only difference is that I had Bibarel as an HM Whore.

I'm replacing him with Swampert.

My primary RP/main character and his team. It's got his team composed of his oldest pokes, and the Irish flag in the bottom right is because well, he's Irish.

A card I recently made. I'd like to stick it in my sig, but even with Photobucket's smaller image code, the sig limit won't let it fit... sigh.

Anyway;
ContestCard.png

These are Pokés I'd actually use in contests, and, well, my name is Katherine. ^_^; They are in order, Cool, Cute, Beauty, Tough, and Smart. And the Premier Ball is just prettier than a plain old Pokéball.