• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Explain Your Trainer Card

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Since I'm about to make a new TC with the newest TC Maker template and one will have to go from my siggy, I need somewhere to start stashing these. Thus this topic has been born.

Feel free to post any trainer cards you make, either on your own or using the Charms TC Maker. Just do us a favor and briefly explain the significance of your card (ie. if its based on your favourite Pokemon; past, current, or future game teams; RP teams; replica of the Anime; utterly random Pokemon, etc.).

First off, I'll describe my current sig TCs:

3771371f46912c192f09198ab0574d17.png

This one is based off what I like to call my "dream team". It is the team that, if Pokemon were actually REAL, I'd want to have (note: my real name is Katie). For the most part, the team has stayed the same in my mind for years. Obviously Lucario is the newest inclusion, but it fit since for the longest time I couldn't decide on a sixth Pokemon anyways. Runners up would be Bulbasaur, Dragonite, Scyther, Flygon, Houndoom, Metagross, Arcanine, and Heracross. Lucario is Lucario, though. I admit to being an obsessive fan-girl of it =O

Other card...

f24b97d6cb293b0ec846eb639f99df71.png

K. Skyler, aka. Katie Skyler, or my main character on the Pokeschool PRP forums (who may or may not see life here). She was based off me, yet most of her Pokemon choices were more or less random. Her first Pokemon was the Zangoose, Logan, who was based off my ingame Zangoose; I naturally love Growlithe/Arcanine; her Pikachu was destined to be Raichu (favourite Pokemon n' all); her Wooper was to give my RP team a bit of variety compared to most other overused Water-types; Tropius was the "sky bus" (though I loved RPing him); and her Vibrava - which actually didn't get the chance to evolve from Trapinch in my last Pskl RP - was destined to be a Flygon. I also had a Combusken, Kadabra, Onix, but they all couldn't make the card for obvious reasons.

And that's it for now. I still haven't decided what to base my new card on ^^;

Last edited by a moderator:

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
My trainer cards are quite straightforward.

StelTC.png

The first one I ever made, and features my anthro-form, and my general RP battle strategy. It features no PokéMon (I have too many potential teams... >>), but it DOES feature an array of 8 shiny Badges from my fanmade region, Miato.

Gad_TC.png

Made for the lolz bandwagon sake, this trainer card features my current favorite RP character of mine, Gad Sylvanhart, his team, and battle strategy. And an ungodly amount of badges. Because damnit, he's been through three regions. :p

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Well, since this card is a bit botched due to the white edges, I'm just going to go ahead and make another. But first, a quick description:

2f84eb45acb5a728dc5be5e5a5f15825.png

Maria Emerald, aka. my player character on Pokemon Emerald named Maria. I wanted to use a team for it that I hadn't trained before this gen, so aside from Swampert (I get attached to my starters) all five of her Pokemon are ones I hadn't trained throughout gen 3 (some of them never at all). Yes, even Gardie, which turned out to be AWESOME. I'll definitely be training it again for gen 4, along with Gallade :)

My trainer card shows the single most hilarious-looking trainer out of Diamond and Pearl, and then... uh... a bunch of blue-colored Pokemon I like. ^^; Not too much significance to it.

Prof. Cinders

Mathemagician
Staff member
Administrator
My cards... Erm... Just a sec.

EDIT: Ok, now I can see what my cards actually are. :p The first one in my sig is Rachel, my KI character. This is the team she uses the most, although she does sometimes vary it. The second is a practice for my TCs I make that are completely different (well, sort of) from the thingy of Alex's. It also has some of my favourite pokemon in it. Specifically Gallade. ^^"

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
New card made XD

This is Kid. Yes, that was his name. He was my player charrie in XD, and his team - much like my Emerald team - was made up of Pokemon I hadn't trained before in gen 3. The only exception is Breloom, who I partially trained in R/S after my Shroomish finally learned Spore. Since it was Everstone'd for most of the game, though, I didn't really get to experience it the way it was meant to be. I

By the way, I love the TC feature! My first one is me with my favorite (and hopefully my future) team. I love Blaziken, and Torterra's cool. My second is one my little brother forced me to make ;D.

6d0373e2a71a8dd73aa9218581974ea8.png

This is basically a "dream team" of mine. A few of my fave cross-gen evos of Gen IV with a Gardevoir to go with Gallade and Crawdaunt just for the heck of it.

554949498b7b2e0810f953cfa5513771.png

My most recent TC I made is supposed to be Cyber Team. Porygon-Z should be obvious. Magnezone just because it is a machine. Empoleon because Linux's mascot is a penguin. Rotom because it resembles Pulseman. Metagross is supposed to be as smart as a supercomputer. Gardevoir is supposed to represent the OS-Girls. Oh, the character's name is a spoof of Prof. E. Gadd, which just happened to be used in M&L:piT.

ddd82638134ac4799d808c2fdfd99760.png

Fire/Red* My pokemon i actually used too beat it and the closest pic that looks like me in real life. ((of course the espeon was a eevee then in the crobat was a golbat lol.
5fb0e4971b7743c1ee864ecd90073bec.png

Emerald* My pokemon i actually used too beat it and the closest pic that looks like me in real life when i was younger.

;DHere's mine that I made today with this awsome site!
First ones a dream team and the second is more of a defensive powerhouse

[attachment deleted by admin]

T

Trainer Ami

db3eb23e10ea64b5929dcceeddd56148.png

Nothing too special about it, it's just my Sapphire Team. I wanted to have a water team mostly, but then I snuck in Swellow, and Pelipper and Castform aren't just water.
That was the closest picture to look like me irl. All of those guys are at Lvl. 70 right now.

d2c7eebaa9353dfdf8bd0734dc6a26f0.png

That's my FireRed team. Those guys are all Lvl. 75 now.

18d4665dd7631022b5d168e6ed080a97.png

I haven't beaten Emerald yet, so I'm not done with it, but this is what my Emerald team is going to look like later.

af2cc8267fcc540b65f75869444a8d8a.png

I made up this character after a "Weekend at Burmy's" joke I made on BMGf. Bernie is a Bug Catcher whose signature Pokemon are Mothim and his three Wormadam. He prefers to do double battles so he can have Mothim carry around one of his Wormadam (kinda hard to picture that actually). Bernie usually switches out one Wormadam for another one depending on his situation in battle. Bernie also has a Heracross and Dustox just in case Mothim gets KO'd.

e99fefcac21202bfcd343b1fe800bae0.png

This is also based off I joke I have in my mind (but I never found a place to use it yet). Arceus Ex Machina is a pun of the phrase "Deus Ex Machina", which means "God of Machine" or something. So, this team is essentially Arceus plus five random Steel-types.

well, all four of mine are basically the same card, just different badge sets. It's not my usual, team, but it's one I used as a dare from a friend while running through Crystal for the 20th time, he dared me to go through it with no legendary Pokémon, so I did. and because of the rules in these forums about the use of Legendaries, I used that team. This is my usual team
db0a72a599ff46feb349d03d58d8e314.png
all shiny, on that one pretty self explanitory, Mew can learn any move, Suicune is water, Raichu is Electric, Hitmonchan is a stong fighter who can learn all three elemental punches, Charizard is fire, not to mention my Fly slave, and umbreon is my dark type (basically only there because umbreon is one of my faves)

TrainerCard.png

Carmen Lopez is a name that I use when I want to keep my real name hidden on the internet. The trainer is a lass because whenever I mix records with myself, my Emerald character is a lass in her secret base. BTW my Emerald character's name is Mariah. Lass Mariah!!! Charizard, Umbreon, Gardevoir, and Milotic are four members of my dream team and are four of my favorite Pokemin ever. Milotic is also the second Pokemon that I have ever gotten to level 100. Luxray and Dusknoir are two of my favorites from the 4th gen.

So basically my trainer card is made of my favorite Pokemon but I would actually use this team when I got Diamond. It's pretty balanced out.

Lol I lost the links to all of mine, but here are some remakes of them, with the newer templates as well.

This one has my current favs. I like Eevee, Flareon, Jirachi, and Manaphy due to their cuteness, and Steelix is just plain awesome.

This is the Trainer Card of my kid brother. Notice how he likes yeti like Pokemon. I think he wants to be like them :p.

Here's something I just recently made:

michanhanakiricard.png

This card is of my Coordinator, Kiri. Full name, Mi-chan Hana Kiri. Kirlia is her favorite pokemon, and it is her main. The pokemon that she uses for appeals mainly are Poochama*, Skitty, Cherimu* and Beequeen*. Her powerhouses are Flygon and Milotic. Roserade and Kirlia are possibly her best overall for double battles.

*I don't quite know the english names for these yet.

My newest one is my Eeveelution team, and the closest picture to me. (Katie's not my real name, though.)

0f8eeb481cff9808419f20e8598b7b74.png

This is one I made for my dad as a joke.

8f8986c49b7156a0f0b5cb2bd83c6984.png

This is my mom's card. Also made as a joke.

TC-3.png

Made it myself(thus the Made by snowyarticuno at the top), and will be used to track my progress thru Diamond, which I don't have yet, thus why there is only Chimchar, currently. Since I don't have the game, there is no ID # nor a friend code, merely space for it. When I get the national dex, I'll switch the pokedex to, well, national. I might add some various otehr things if to it later on.

~New Card~
b890df8935085a1813afc95ac82a6f0c.png

Dream Team...Hoenn Style!
This is a team made up of some of my favorite 3rd gen Hoenn Pokemon. I may have used this team (minus Metagross) to take one the Elite Four the first time in Emerald. The badges are paying homage to Johto.

1st, 2nd, and 4th gen teams will make an appearence later.

lol i wish i was rich enough too buy a DS and pokemon diamond and pearl lol ohwell heres my trainer card when i played Crystal version.

408b18404cf7bc3eb8a452662f192bd7.png

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
b890df8935085a1813afc95ac82a6f0c.png

Dream Team...Hoenn Style!
This is a team made up of some of my favorite 3rd gen Hoenn Pokemon. I may have used this team (minus Metagross) to take one the Elite Four the first time in Emerald. The badges are paying homage to Johto.

The randomness of that team makes me laugh, because it very much reminds me of one of my actual Hoenn/Colosseum teams.

The team I used to beat the Battle Mt. challenge on Colosseum was traded from my Sapphire game: Blaziken, Metagross, Absol, Salamence, Zangoose, and Armaldo. Might only be 4 out of six the same, but a bit amusing all the same ^^

eh, I guess I'll talk about my card too!
bc83a011114f87adb26c9daa6d6a5171.png

The first one is Aipom because..I just seemed to be obsessed with Aipom. I used Delcatty, Spoink, Persian, and Togekiss next because they're all normal type, and most normal types, when you give them TMs, can learn all types of moves! (like when I taught my persian thundershock :3, also I'm not completely sure if spoink is normal type, if he's not, meh, whatever ...) Rhyperion's there just because..I couldn't think of a sixth pokemon and I pretty much just choose one at random.

Ok the one with the name Sanjuro symbolizes my favorite acc name and all time favorite anime char. The pokemon Pikachu is just one of my all time favorites and i think it is so cute lol. Charizard brings me back in the good old days when you were so awesome to have one. Snorlax and Munchlax symbolize me. I am always like that =] Rayquaza and Deoxys because of the one movie i watched i really enjoyed. That sums up my first card.
Kamikaze card. Is the card with most of my pokmon on the game Firered. Entei was my first favorite pokemon from that series. and the movie Deoxys same reason above. Jirachi is such a sweet little thing!!!! ^_^ Well thats its. And hope you enjoy!

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Since the new template is up, I made my new TC for it ^^

The duo trainers isn't just for the hell of it. I couldn't remember what my OT name was for that particular team - the team of randoms I threw together for use on non-Scenario mode Colosseum's Battle Mt. challenge - and booted up Emerald to see. Turned out that the Pokemon were from different games entirely - some belonging to one of my various Kenji incarnations, the others belonging Katie. So... yeah. I think you can figure out the rest.

No, my hair is not that color, I don't wear short t-shirts or skirts (and would never even THINK of putting a ribbon in my hair), and that is not how I picture my Kenji, but I damn love that duo pic (almost, but not as much, as the RS lovey-dovey couple) XD

Irugitrainercard.gif

Well, This is Irugi's trainer card. It took me forever to finally get a sprite of her that I liked, and it is of her in her KCC outfit. . . >< With her hair braided. So it's hard to tell it fades, especially on that background. The background was great fun to make, i was messing around with a tutorial for "Plasma Gel", it's supposed to look like gel with electricity running through it, but it just looks cool and sparkley instead. which, really, is no problem.

Her colours are grey, a dull light purple and a dark blue-purple, and the card corresponds to this. ^^ Her pokemon sprites were modified to match her team and the pokemon are in the order she got them. BlackMagic is kinda fade-y, Chiru is surrounded by petals (Thanks to Chiru's special properties, look up her name and see what it means in japanese, and you *might* understand half the story. ^^ ) and only her one ear is tipped with brown (oops i think it's the wrong ear tho.)

She doesn't actually have any badges, so i guess i'll have to fix that. Same goes for Kenji's card, but he actually has badges. Can't remember which ones, but not a full set from any league.

trianercard.jpg

Kenji's Trainer Card! an edited sprite of Kenji (painfully obvious where it came from, i mean, look at the pose.) Which looks awesome, and was wicked fun to do. Kenji's kindof a "black" character, so the background is black with purpleblue to spice it up. (I happen to like purpleblue, thanks.) It's got little stars (that are impossible to see) and the wiggley purple thing that explodes out of the lower right corner is actually a flowered tree. Because Kenji's really a gentle person, and, it seemed like a good idea at the time.

Again, the pokemon sprites are self explanitory. ^^ Kenji's team, but out of order this time. Think i just threw them in randomly by 'dex numbers. wait, no. Nevermind. They're just on there randomly.

I'm going to have to make one for Arita, as well. ^^ Older and Younger Arita. I'll throw that up when I have it. ^^ Until then, enjoy! ^^

Mine came from the team that I used when I originally beat the Elite Four in my Blue version. Ive had both Red and Blue since they came out way back when and Ill put up the team I used to beat the game in Red eventually.

mainly my trainer card is mostly the pokemon that I'd want to catch in the games, I mean they're not rare or anything but mainly just pokemon that I like the best, and that I think are cute too!
(Also: I have the shiny Illumise just because I think it's cuter than the regular color)

First 2;
My Leafgreen Team/Rival's Team (excluding last changes by me and Rival).
Middle 2;
Based off a Fanfiction I'm doing, no, not here. (Ruby Vs. Sapphire; A New Blue)
Final Two;
My Futue Pearl Team, and Rival's team.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
For any of you guys directly linking your trainer cards from Pokecharms, remember to heed what Oak posted on the front page news:

I've turned direct linking for the Trainer Cards off for now, which should hopefully balance the bandwidth out a bit better. All Trainer Cards made from now to the end of the month should be downloaded and uploaded to either your own webspace if possible or ImageShack/Photobucket etc.

I don't know if this will have a useful enough impact on the bandwidth to let us last out the month, but it's worth a shot.

Apologies for anyone currently using the direct links in your sigs. I have the option to copy and paste the link into your browser on for a day. This will give you a chance to download your Trainer Card and upload it again - but you only have today to do it.

You WILL be able to direct link the Trainer Cards again at the end of the month, this will only be for about 2 weeks.

That is all, for now.