• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open Experiment: Monster

SweetAndScary

Previously FearfulNights
RULES
1.This is a monster rp so keep it to monsters plz
2. stay below pg-13
3.there aren't much rules :p

-start-
you wake up in a cold sweat, and see that you are in a metal cage. you attempted to break the bars but failed, so you look around to see some figures you cant really make them out. You see to the left of you a Large steel cage w/ a tall female figure wit many bandages. she turns to you and says "oh....you finally have awoke, now...I don't have good vision so please tell me what you are" She says looking at you

P.s don't expect much, I'm a noob at roleplaying
so expect errors....​

Last edited:
Lydia scores at the metal bars with long, sharp talons. Then, shakes them with her long tail. It’s hopeless...she thinks. She jumps when she hears a voice, and turns to meet its owner. “ I’m.....kind of a griffin. My front is of an eagle, the back of a lion. I have two talons for front paws and two lion paws in the back. My feathers a black, sort of like a raven, but I’m an eagle! My fur is the normal golden color of a lion, oh! And my tail is about five feet long. I have large wings on my back as well. “ Lydia explained. She was confused though. How did she get here? Why was she here? Not wanting to upset the creature in front of her, she simply asks, “ Who are you? “

SweetAndScary

Previously FearfulNights
The creature responds in a calm way and says "Well...." she says "My name is chiko.....I'm a ghoul....Not a Japanese ghoul....just your everyday ghoul" she says in a disappointed tone and points to her 4.5 foot tail. "the best way to describe me is Big" she points to her cage that is the second largest, " you can also say blind, strong, and a flesh eating grave roamer" Chiko chuckles and continues on "as for the cages and how we got here.....they said its to protect us......I honestly think they are trying to see if monsters like us can learn human information.you might have some problems like Daphne the slime, Because you and her don't have hands" chiko looks away as a Doctor walks in to inspect lydia

Lydia snapped at the hands that came towards her. “ Don’t touch me! “ She hissed. She hoped the human got the messaged and backed away from her.

Xonak twiddled with his extra, insect-like limbs. Wait, what? He whipped around, only to have the twiddly things whip around with him, and they hit the metal bars. "What?" Xonak asked, confused. "Where? What? Why? When?" He twiddled the praying mantis-like front appendages, and sat down. Then, one of the limbs let out a puff of smoke. Xonak drew an 'I'm so done' face, and slapped the bars with each limb. Half of them let out a metallic clang, and some did some sort of exoskeleton thing. Bug-bot? Xonak thought, and then, finally, thought of who would be looking at this monstrosity. "Oh dang." He said, looking around him. The room was mostly dark, but he could see three figures, two bipedal and one quadrupedal. One of the bipedals was trying to do something to the quadruped, and the other one was just... standing. "Hello?" Xonak called out, in the most singsong-y voice one could muster after being turned into a half bug, half robot thing.

SweetAndScary

Previously FearfulNights
Chiko had seemed to notice Xonax staring at them and had turned in a sharp twist and said "well would you look at that" she said "your a rare one....A human/robot test subject," Chiko said one last thing to Xonax before turning and staring back at the argument between the 2 forms of life "welcome to the labs, test sub.134" and then points to his slightly ripped shirt that contained the number 134....

chiko turns back to Lydia and then says to the doctor "No testing on the new ones doc....after all.....we all know what happed to me....." she said as she picked him up by the collar and pointed to the different flesh patches stitched on to her arms and legs.

Last edited:
Xonak squinted. "Rare one. Test subject." He looked down to his shirt. The shirt was a long sleeved, yellow-green mixture, poorly matching his new exoskeleton, with black, cranberry colored letters saying T.S. 134. "Ugh. this is a horrible color." Xonak said, slightly pulling at the shirt to get a better view. I should probably take this off... But if i do, it'll probably be weird. He put his new appendage on his face. This is the worst color for me. I'm not a yellow. "Hey, uh, excuse me doctor? can i get a new shirt?" Xonak asked, and the doctor turned her head. "And why would that be?" The doctor asked back, in a casually annoyed tone. Xonak stuttered "I... uh.... This one's really torn up." before using the spiked parts to tear the shirt up even more, and smiled nervously. The doctor sighed, and could tell 134 didn't like the color. She did have minor in psychology. "What color." The doctor asked. "Can I... can i get a purple?" The doctor sighed, and replied "Aright." before asking to be let go by Chiko.

SweetAndScary

Previously FearfulNights
chiko puts the doctor down slowly then turns her head back to Xonak and says "Ha she probably wont bring a third shirt to you if you cant manage to keep the new skelly controlled" Chiko said. "You are rare....very rare you know......you actually survived...." she said, then she stood up to let him know she was sitting. "The best way to survive here is to do what you are told" then she points to one of her arms that was 2x bigger than the other one "I had to learn that the hard way" SUDDENLY the steel doors of every cage swung open and about 7 gaurds walk in and say "Refresh time" they all say. A couple minutes later Lydia, chiko, and Xonax find them selves in special suits made for cleaning off in a large area that had a pool full of soapy water, some showers and a pile of towels and soap. Chiko turns to them both and says "It is weird but you will get used to it

Xonak was being pumped with information, and he didn't even have time to think about it. "The shirt thing... Yellow isn't my color." He said, and was led outside to "Refresh Time." This place is whacko. He thought, twiddling his limbs again. I'm rare. Test subjects. This is like a jail, isn't it? He went to the pool of soapy water, and waded around in it. He wasn't used to his limbs, and didn't want to try using them. He felt a jolt of electricity, and noticed other things also in the pool felt that also. "Oh crap. Sorry." Xonak apologized, and crawled out of the pool. If I'm part machine, I probably wont be able to wash. Dang it. Suddenly, he felt a part in his shift, and then click into place. He felt dizzy for a second, as if he would pass out. For some reason, he didn't. After that weird dizzy spell, he dipped a machine appendage in the pool, and felt no zap. Huh. Waterproofing? He looked over to the thing that had talked to him, and sort flinched. They were really tall, and one limb was huge. Guess her description was right. She was big. Xonak thought, and finally thought about his height. "Huh." He said, noticing how short he was. I'ma guess about 2 feet.

SweetAndScary

Previously FearfulNights
Chiko had seen Xonak thinking out loud to him self and just stared at him blankly for a minute until one of the other monsters in the pool had gotten out of the pool after the shock. The monster had now walked up to Xonax and seemed a little angry "Hey Where YOU the one who shocked us?" she said as a couple other monsters walked up behind her "WELL 134?" at this rate chiko was angry too. she pushed the monster and told her "WHAT IS YOUR PROBLEM TODAY 108?!" Xonax looked over to see that chikos shirt number was 109. Lydia hadn't yet noticed the problem had already entered the pool, and wasn't a bother to anyone else quite yet.
WIN_20171209_17_51_24_Pro.jpg

Last edited:
"Well, uh. Well, I did accidentally shock the pool, I just forgot that I'm part machine. I'm sorry." Xonak explained. He really didn't want to get on someone's nerves, especially a group. "I-I'll make sure it wont happen again." was what he tried to say, but Chiko went to 108 and started to get physical. Xonak stepped back, not wanting to intervene. 109? But... aren't test subjects the only ones to get numbers?

(Nice art! I was thinking more of a praying mantis thing instead of regular arms, and more visible machinery, but it's alright. I didn't explain his looks all that well. As Xonak said: "[I'm] sorry.")

Lydia cringed at the suit she had to wear and even more at the fact that she was supposed to clean herself in that water. “ Do I really have too? “ She mumbled. She slowly waded into the water, and sat down in a shallow area, cleaning her feathers with her beak.

SweetAndScary

Previously FearfulNights
Chiko, this rate had already thrown 108 back into the pool and had walked over and told them why they should be happy they where not in a test lab yet "I have been though 65 lab tests,32 surgery's, and 3 limb growth tests" she said, then pointed to her arm, tail, and mouth. "You both are lucky, Lydia you came here a griffin, and you Xonak....you lived through a surgery that LITTARLY removed your ENTIRE skelly and then they gave you the new one you are uncomfortable with.....*BZZZZT* ALL SUBJECTS WILL NOW BE TAKEN TO TEST LABS WITH 2 TO 3 OTHER MONSTERS OF YOUR CHOICE*BZZZT* "that was the leader....he is angry.....Oh dear....this is bad" many of the monsters including chiko said. Chiko runs over as fast as possible and says "you guys better stick w/ me"
(as for the art it looked more like this)
WIN_20171209_22_12_57_Pro.jpg

Last edited:
Lydia nodded her head uneasily. “ That....might be for the best. “ She commented. “ And what do they mean test labs?! “ She exclaimed fearfully. She didn’t want any of this. She wanted to leave.

(Oh, yeah. I like it!)

"Oh. That's... unfortunate." Xonak replied to the many scars Chiko had acquired. After that announcement, Xonak heard the "Oh dear..." and thought Ah, heck. Trying his best to catch up, he noticed a lot of things. First, the fact that Chiko says 'skelly', and, how did he even miss this, the griffin. Named Lydia apparently. "Uh, hello." Xonak said, in a way-too-casual tone. "I-uh. I guess we're gonna be here for a while, so I might as well introduce myself." "My name, you might know that. Uh. My name's Xonak." Am I being too casual? "You, uh. You can call me 134. If, if you want."

SweetAndScary

Previously FearfulNights
"Listen....." chiko said "these test labs.......they are very, very bad.....I've seen you Xonak, I have noticed you have learned that only human test subjects get shirt numbers.....Lydia you have one but you are a real monster....Xonak you already know your a human.....but me.....I'm both" she said as they walked slowly to the test labs.

Jacksoneternal

Previously Breon
Lao struggles Inside the Cage where he can't get comfortable for he is 12 feet tall and covered with black liquid with long sharp claws and limbs

"..... where am.....i......who are you.....free me or I'll devour you whole."

"Very bad?" Xonak asked, scared. "You're both human and... the other thing?" He didn't want to say 'monster', in case that might offend someone. "H... how?" This place. Ugh, wait till I get outta here. He glanced over to some glass showing the test labs, and this 12 foot thing covered in black stuff was laying. That's strange.

Lydia shivered at how Chiko explained the test labs. She quit lay introduced herself to Xonak. “ I’m Lydia...” She jolted when she heard a voice threatening her from behind. “ Who am I? Who are you? I haven’t even met you and you threaten to eat me! “ She hissed at the creature.

Jacksoneternal

Previously Breon
Lao begins to open his mouth and what you see is a void inside and there is still some black liquid attached to his lips.
" one of you release me from this cage now this is quite uncomfortable."

SweetAndScary

Previously FearfulNights
Chiko just stares at lao for a minute then back at Lydia and Xonak. At this rate chiko thought long and hard for something to say then she got it "no.....there is not much you can do to us anyways lao....." chiko had said his name in a low voice...almost as if she knew him for a long time..."There isn't a lot a tar monster can do in a situation like this...." chiko stood silently as they all went to the test lab lao was in

Jacksoneternal

Previously Breon
Lao is confuse
"How did you knew my name I never said it, who are you and tell me what this place is.

Lao struggle to get out of the cage and tried to change form but couldn't.
" what is this cage made of it's blocking me from changing my form."

SweetAndScary

Previously FearfulNights
"ha....I know every ones name.....even the new ones...." chiko said as they entered the room. "oh....and the whole powers thing.....they chip you.....then they control your powers.....then they put you into an area made for testing your powers and then they put you in a lab and attempt a brutal experiment to give you new powers" she said then looked at Xonak with a nervous expression. "those are the test labs, it is the worse when the leader of this project is angry....they turn it into a nightmare......." chiko said throwing battle uniforms to everyone in the group.

Xonak caught the battle uniform. "Powers? We... we have powers? What's my power, other than being a bug machine thing?" (Don't answer that.) He asked. Powers? Monsters? Testing? What is this, the SCP foundation? He put the uniform on and noticed the clearly intentional hole that didn't cover up the mechanical box attached to his back. Speaking of the machine parts, Xonak felt another shift-and-click, making him realize even more that the shift was for water usage. "Well, they really thought of everything!" He mumbled to himself.

“ I don’t think I have any powers. And I don’t want any either. “ Lydia growled as she dressed into her uniform. She was relieved when she found there were holes for her to slip her wings through.

(If it's okay, I'd like to introduce two characters in this post. If not, I'll edit it. Also, love the artwork on these posts so far!)

"Sounds like I finally have some company after waiting so long." a sinister voice chuckled. In the darkest corner of the room (for additional creepiness), a slender humanoid figure chained and strapped to a stretcher grinned, showing a set of long, pointed fangs over a handsome face. The speaker, Orlocke, was very pale, and his light brown hair flowed evenly and smoothly down to his waist from his head. There was a set of bandages wrapped around his eyes. He was dressed in the typical uniform with the number '216' on the shirt. "Why don't one of you be a dear and uncover my eyes so I can get a good look at you?" he spoke, looking toward the group. "I promise you you'll be in for a treat."

Elsewhere in the room, curled up in a ball against the wall, a humanoid seeming about Lydia's age with a wild, dark-red mane of hair going down his back to knee level sobbed into his arms, terrified. His small horns poked out a bit, and tears dripped from his large single eye.

Last edited:

Jacksoneternal

Previously Breon
Lao behavior begins to come down.

"can I be released from his cage now please, I promise I'll behave like a gentleman, this cage is too small for my liking."

Lydia looked around at the others. She could hear the muffled cries of another and quickly went to investigate. She looked into the corner of the room to see someone with long hair and a single eye. “ H-Hey, are you okay? “ She asked soothingly.

The Cyclops flinched slightly out of surprise, then calmed down slightly and looked down. "S-sorry, it's just...I've never been more scared in my life." he whimpered. He rubbed his arms as if to try to warm up, shaking like a leaf. "What're these people gonna do to us?" he wondered out loud. "W-what if-" A sharp laugh echoed across the room from the stretcher and the vampire chained to it.

"You must be new here, my little one-eyed friend." Orlocke said, his grin widening. "Here, we're nothing more than lab rats, and they're free to do with us as they please. Surgeries, experiments, and all sorts of torments and horrors await." He chuckled a little more as he paused. "I've seen the kinds of hell they put us through...and to put it bluntly, child, I don't think you'll last two days." The Cyclops' eye widened with horror at Orlocke's words, and now barely any sounds were coming out of his gaping mouth.

"Wh...what...?!" he choked out.

Lydia whipped around and hissed at the vampire that was across the room. She didn’t like this place anymore than he did, but scaring another? “ Who do you think you are? “ She snarled.

"Oh, I've got many names. But the one given to me at my birth is Orlocke." The vampire replied, still smiling. "And would you rather I filled his head with lies, my dear? Because that would only make his suffering worse. Would it not be better for him to brace himself than to go through the experiments without knowing what to expect?" he pointed out. "Ah, well, it doesn't matter anyways." he adjusted himself on his stretcher, flexing his claws and slightly rattling his chains. "I've already let it slip, so let the boy take it as he will."

Needless to say, the timid Cyclops looked like he was about to pass out from terror. "Gods...please save us..." he muttered under his breath.

Xonak watched Lydia run through the door, and after awhile he wanted to investigate. He walked through the door, saying "What's go-" before trailing off at the sight of the beast chained to a stretcher, and some traumatized-looking cyclops shaking like he was stuck in a frozen tundra. Xonak resumed his regular standing position, regular arms at his sides while the new bug ones did a praying mantis position. Xonak stared, glancing between Chain Mcgee and Shaketron. "Uhhhh. What is going on in here?" He asked.

"Oh, nothing much. Just having a little chat is all." Orlocke mused, looking toward Xonak (though his eyes were still covered). "I must find some way to pass the time before the experiments begin, after all."

(Short, response, I know, but I'm short on time and, at the moment, ideas.)

SweetAndScary

Previously FearfulNights
Chiko walked in after Xonak after realizing that everyone had already walked into the next room then hissed when she saw Orlocke "WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE" she said with anger...then saw the cyclops "so.....you seem new, 219...and cold" she said as she finally opened lao's cage then threw the 2 new monsters there outfits "well...you seem to be on our team now so you might wanna put these on" chiko said as she locked the door behind her and then unlocked Orlocke's chains

Jacksoneternal

Previously Breon
"Is this outfit stain proof.....nvm it will do."
Lao puts on the outfit.

"sorry about the I'll devour you thing my back was aching in pain so I was in a bad mood."

Lao puts his hand on his chest and bows to them.

Lydia nodded her head towards Lao. “ Don’t do it again. “ She warned him. She wrapped her wings around herself, feeling anxious. “ We’ll.......we’ll survive though.....right? “ She asked Orlocke. Though she expected a dark, morbid answer, she just wanted a little hope for her and the others.

Xonak nodded at the bow and turned to Chiko and the chained thing. "A... uh, are you sure you wanna do that?" He asked, but then realized what he could've implied with that. "I-I mean... uh, He, he just seems, a bit, a bit intimidating. I, uh, I'm sure you're a nice person, and uh, you're just, uh, one the most intimidating things I've seen here. Sorry." He stuttered. Xonak noticed his mantis limbs were fidgeting with each other, making a quiet, almost violin-like sound. He made them stop, and put his human hands into his human pockets.