• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Eviterna region

With Aloe sweet fragance aromatizing her small laboratory, Amanda walked from side to side sorting pokeballs, potions and many other items that soon were going to be given to the trainers she herself had chosen. Her Ivysaur, Aloe, held a pair of wipers on his wines to clean the different pokeballs holding starters, putting special attention on the Bulbasaur one.

"They should be arriving at four." she told Aloe "I'm so excited!" "Ivysaur!" accompanied her the grass type.

Amanda Blue was native from Eviterna, growing up surrounded by pokemon she met in the jungle. Even though she was very familiar with the relationship between humans and pokemon, everything changed when she visited Kanto.

Pokemon and humans working together for the same objective, befriending each other like she had never seen before. That was when she understood the potential of that partnership and couldn't help but wanting thet life style to be part of Eviterna.

Ten years passed from that. She was now an adult and she had finally managed to start a project to help her dream come true. A project calling potential trainers from every region to learn about the life in Eviterna and developing the practice of pokemon training in it. Fortunately, lots of trainers and professors from many regions offered help to her project, becoming gym leaders or forming small study centers in which the young trainers of Eviterna could find help in.

"It's Two and a half Aloe." she sighed looking at the clock "What do you feel like doing in the short time we have before their arrival?"

Carah had spent a long time in the ferri to Eviterna. The most of the time writing on her journal or taking pictures to the different pokemon she spotted in the sea.

She couldn't believe she had gotten that oportunity, not like she knew so much about pokemon. She was borned in a simple family in Johto, her mother owned a small coffee shop and her father spent the most of his time traveling from one city to another interviewing famous people; he worked in the TV.

Carah, on the other way, wouldn't say her life was very exciting. She attended a small school in which she learned maths, science, history and just basic things about pokemon, the closest one she met was the gardener Trecko (and he wasn't very friendly). Even though, the idea of traveling acccompanied by those small creatures always excited her like nothing ever did. Flying on a pidgeos back while taking pictures of the cities, or sealing from the bay on a Lapras...

She really wanted to do all of those things, and she couldn't believe she was so close to it right in that moment...

It was wonderful... and way too stressful at the same time.

"Okay, Totodiles are too troublesome and Squirtle... no, no, a turtle pokemon should be so boring!" the idea of having to pick a pokemon was consuming every inch of her brain! There were so many types, and so many pokemon, and so many possibilities... It was too much for her!

Lost in thought like she was, Carah didn't realise how close they were to the port and how the most of the guys on the Ferri were already getting ready to land.

Omega smiled and laughed as the sea breeze flowed through his hair. "Sucks I couldn't bring my actual team." He thought of the team he had to leave behind, Slash the Scizor, Yuno the Banette and Kuka the drapion. But the idea of getting an actual starter and starting fresh was so exciting he couldn't wait. Mudkip, he was going to choose Mudkip. That was certain. As the ferry started to anchor against the quay he came across a girl." Hey there are you getting a Pokemon from the Proffesor!" It felt good having no one know his family. He at least wouldn't be seen by any cameras.

Quint was very excited. No, that was an understatement. Quint was so excited that it was comparable to a Lillipup being baited with a sausage. Back in Orre, he always watched people fight in the region's colosseums: Pokemon have always interested, and the prospect of actually owning one? That shook him to the very core, exciting him beyond belief.

That being said, what did he want to pick? He hardly knew any of those Pokemon...he remembered there was Charmander, Totodile, Chikorita, uh...Weedle? He didn't know many starters. Still, he was very excited. This region bragged almost every Pokemon! That was so much more than the dozen or so that lived in the desolate region.

But his train of thought was derailed by a call from a nearby boy. Something about getting a Pokemon? But it wasn't towards him, but rather another girl he had ended up near in his thoughtful trot. She must've noticed him by now, wouldn't she? Maybe he got lucky. Perhaps he could slip away...no. He shouldn't weigh his chances. Might as well apologize for invading her space. "Oi! Sorry about that, mate. Didn't notice you there."

" Hey there are you getting a Pokemon from the Proffesor!" asked a male voice from Carah's back, forcing her to scape from her inner debate. The guy had a rather strange hair, white at the end of it, and a face she had seen somewhere before but... where? In the street or something? Anyways, Carah didn't have time to realise who he was... or to answer... or to ask him back before another guy talked to ther. 'God Carah, you're so popular' she sarcastically told herself.

"Oi! Sorry about that, mate. Didn't notice you there." this one said quite nervously. Carah just laughed back "It's okay, it's okay. I'm not alergic to people... or at least not to all of them." she answered accomodating her glasses "by the way. Yes, I came here for a pokemon... and for the fabulous view, oh god, have you seen those beaches?"

Carah slightly turned her head to look back to the bay. Lots of Wingulls rested on the sand, some kids from the place ran from one side to another as their mothers waited for them under the sun. No pokemon battles were taking place, giving Carah somewhat of a weird sensation. A place where such a big thing like pokemon training wasn't such a thing, where no kids daydreamed about owning a Charizard or a Dragonair... it felt so unreal that she didn't actually know how to feel about it.

Almas looked out at the sea while standing on the deck of the ferry. He was excited to start a journey in this new region. What kind of pokemon lived here? What did they eat? How did they live? He had so many new things to learn about them here, but there was one question he needed an answer to first before any of those. What would he choose as his starter? Having helped his father out working in the day-care, he had seen many pokemon, but starters weren't often left there. They were a partner who would be with you from the start of your journey to the finish. The decision wasn't one to be taken lightly.

He remembered the Sinnoh starter pokemon first and decided to choose from them. Piplup, Chimchar, and Turtwig were the ones he remembered. They seemed like they'd all be a good choice, but he would have to meet them first to really decide. While he was lost in thought, the ferry suddenly rocked a little snapping him out of it. After being surprised for a second he looked and saw that the ferry was docking. Some trainers were already getting off onto the docks.

Not good. I almost missed getting off. He shook his head a bit before starting to walk. He looked at the beaches on the coast with families playing on them and then towards the sky. Things are going to be more interesting from now on. He thought with a smile on his face.

Chrono breathed in the fresh salty sea air, it looked as if he was simply taking in the refreshing breeze however it was really an attempt to quell the fear and excitement welling up deep within him, his thoughts drifted to what lay beyond the unspoken road of glittering sapphire that the pristine pearly ferry was powering along at a supprising speed. Chrono had always stuck to his roots and never left his home region of Unova, after all, if he wanted to get away from his temperate and breezy hometown, Undella Bay was always sweltering hot. However one though split the rest in two like a Sawblade through wood, as if all the others didn't matter. What would his Pokemon be. He could go with his personal favourite of the available starters, Squirtle, for its great longevity in battle, but he had his hopes up for a rather different Water Pokemon, he wasn't exactly a fan of most of the fire starters, they just felt a little brutish for his tastes, so that left only one type, a Grass Pokemon.

Mulling over the options he thought about which would be best, he decided that they all seemed a bit slow and not very fearsome, "Hmm guess I'll decide when I see them with my own eyes," he mumbled under his breath whilst leaning back onto the warm steel railing that ran along the side of the boat, somewhere along the boat he heard what sounded like a boy around his age apologising to someone. He was tempted to go and what was going on but decided it was none of his business and proceded to keep to himself. "HOOOOONK!" The ships mighty horn sounded signalling that we should be docked in around 5 minutes, Chrono relaxed his back a little more and thought of the possibilities today could hold as a strand of his honey brown hair whistled its way across his forehead in the warm sea breeze....

(OOC: Disclaimer- I'm trying my hardest to create Avivi in a correct manner and I understand completely how hard all forms of dementia can be, having a family member with it myself. However, I understand that this can be a controversial matter and I want you to know that I, for one, know perfectly well that someone with memory loss is not stupid or any less of a person as they were before. This is a serious condition and a great challenge to myself. That said, do not take anything I write as fact nor complete truth. This is just me trying to understand the mind of a character such as this and better improve myself as an author. If you are not comfortable with this or do not understand that what I am writing is not an accurate representation of such a serious condition, then you probably should not read this post. This, too, goes for every post after it written by me in this thread. If it is a serious issue, I will voluntarily take my posts down and do something else.

That said, I'm about to face one of my first characters whose mind is completely different from my own. Wish me luck, and I hope you enjoy reading this strange and broken journey as I try to better myself and understand Avivi's mind.)

The waves were whispering to her. She lived in a world of constant, jumbled, tangles of noise, but today the waves were whispering to her. They leaped out of the sea like newly hatched Ponytas, tossing their heads in desperate defiance of the world as they tried to stand. As they tried to stand. As they tried to stand. And their manes, great white, frothing tangles of coarse, dense fur just skimmed the sky as they whinnied. She could see them, their mouths gaping, their hooves flailing, the frothing manes thrashing in the air before they fell back into the sea. And they cried to her, emerging again and again from the silver plate of the sea that trapped them beneath the threshold of the sky. Every once in a while, the girl considered, they would escape the tomb of water in a cloak of hissing mist, and then the waves would become clouds. She liked that picture.

But for now, the waves were whispering to her. Crying to her. Collapsing again and again after their chests heaved against gravity and their manes were sliced by the wind. Sliced like berries beneath the hissing blade of a knife. A chef's knife, held in the delicate hand of her mother, hair cotton balls and skin smooth and pure. The mother was young, and she was young, and the wind was her sister braiding her hair and whispering grand tales in her soft, ancient, five year old voice that squealed with every passing note of the story of her song.

Avivi resettled her glasses upon her nose, setting down a paper on the bench she was sitting on for better ease in watching the world around her.

The sky was scrubbed clean today, like the floor of the doctors office- like the ceiling of an emergency room, the rancidly pure white sheets mocking her fear. Fear? Why was she afraid? Yes, she was afraid- the world was grand and the horizon was limitless and she was small and pale and sick.

Sick.

Wind beat drums in a steady tune and the waves provided the accompaniment to the melody of her feet, sprung into action by the strum of a blaring note that seemed to signal some sort of haste- some sort of end. But the light hearted, imaginative girl didn't feel like pondering, like connecting the dots as if the world was some sort of constellation that she was always supposed to recognize. The girl would just move. That would do it.

She knew, of course, what she was moving towards. Adventure, it was. Just around the corner- couldn't you just taste it?- just around the corner, just beneath her feet. It was right there- on the tip of her tongue, adventure was just after she got to... after she got to....

There had been instructions. Yes, instructions, choking, devious, giggling instructions that always seemed to want to play hide and seek. Well, no more. They were on this paper. She knew that. There was a paper in her hand and they were on this paper.

... there wasn't a paper in her hand, was there? The girl felt her skin grow hot and prickly. She had done it again. Stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid....

She was a single being in a land of darkness, a room closed by blinds so as to hide away the sun. Wind shifted the tattered blinds to let light shine through, but the pattern of light on the floor was always shattered, always broken, always shifting... and she was alone, and her voice echoed, and the world was somber. The image left bitter residue on the girl's tongue.

Well, there was only one thing left to do. She might as well retrace her steps. Of course, the girl couldn't recall what exactly they were, but she was feeling dark and she hated feeling dark and she was thinking of her memory and she hated thinking of her memory so she might as well be silly.

The sky was a bundle of balloons and the waves were delicate china tipped with cotton candy and the boat beneath her feet was a great, chortling, fluffy beast. What was the best way to retrace ones steps when one couldn't recall what they were? Ah yes, she knew.

The girl began to walk backwards.

Carah's daydream bubble popped at the sound of the ship horn. She turn around with a wide smile on her face, she was a bus away from her nwe pokemon waiting in... the laboratory. How had the time ran so fast? One day she was applying for a curious program and the next one she was about to step into a unknown region. She put her bag on her shoulder and her camera on her neck, always ready to pulse a button and catch a moment in it. She ran excitedly to the ramp, stepping into a not so big crowd ready to get off the ship. Everyone excited to stand on this new land, every single dreamer on that ship...

Except for one.

A brown messed hair swang in the wind as she walked in the completly opossing direction as everyone else did. A quite distracted look in her eyes gave Carah the semsation that she was lost. Lost? Oh god, how could she be thinking that! No one could get lost in such a small embarkation, besides, everyone was gathering at the rample... wouldn't that mean something? Oh, she hadn't noticed that neither about ten minutes ago. Okay, she better walked over there and helped that girl out.

"Hey! Over there!" she called as she ran to her "It'll be minutes before we land, I don't think it's time to wander around."

Omega sighed and perched himself on a rail." Well at least she didn't recognise me." He smiled and thought about that person." I know who you are... Carah." He murmured and snickered. As he looked around across the vast expanse of blue that minimised into a bay surrounded by prestine and perfect buildings.

As he looked around his eyes fell on Carh talking to another girl. Without hesitation he jumped off the rail and strode over." Hello again C..." He stopped from saying her name. How could he be so careless? He would have to bluff his way out now." What is the person your talking to doing? She looks like she's blanking you."

Avivi was walking backwards.

It was quite fun, really, to watch the world shrink away instead of grow the farther she moved, as if she were in a car, turned in her seat, facing the back windowshield, and the waves that collapsed in heaps upon the shore shrunk as if they were the fingers of a giant beast slipping back into the prison of an ocean, scoring the soft sand in his desperate wake. She threw another glance over her shoulder just before bumping into a person rushing in the opposite direction. Darn. If only she had eyes on the back of her head... retracing ones steps would become so much easier.

"Hey! Over there! It'll be minutes before we land, I don't think it's time to wander around."

Avivi blinked, then stared at the other creature's face. Her eyes traced each artifact of the approaching girl's features, observed how the nose dipped from her face like the tail of a Seel just about to splash the ocean's rippling canvas, how her soft brown eyes were serene in the worried tumult of her dark, stormy skin, as if the sea of her face was constantly being ravaged by a playful storm, and how the two eyes of the storm were blocked in by protective structures, as if the glasses were declaring that some sort of sanity must still be kept in this wild ocean of a face. The girl's teeth gleamed as she spoke, and Avivi knew that the face was a canvas of the night, for she could see the steely shine of the moon's reflection chortling in its nightly dance upon the ocean waves. The back of the girl's neck grew cold as needles of ice- what a picture, and just when would she forget it?

A thump rang through the air, and Avivi looked over her shoulder to realize she had walked backwards straight into the edge of the boat, just missing a little bench a few centimeters towards her left. A few dozen thoughts crowded the air in her head at that moment, and she picked one out at random. That's right. Someone had spoken- what had they said again? She had gotten way too distracted... but by the look on her face the other girl was worried.

Oh.

Avivi tried to refrain from a sigh. She picked up her shoulders and forced herself into a cheery reply, voice light but painfully slow as she stopped to think of what would be correct. By about four words, it felt rather genuine, and the girl was pleased, if just for the fact that, for whatever reason, this beginning to a conversation felt less like she was throwing tennis balls into a dark room and hoping that they had been correct. She smiled. Avivi could remember what she had said.

"Oh no, I'm just fine. I had just.. forgotten something..... that's all."

Oh. Right.

Where was that paper anyways? Surely walking backwards for such a length of time should have procured some sort of result. Avivi tried to recall where she had set it, but the girl knew before she had started that it would yield no results. It seemed as if she had only spent a short time on the boat, her feet giggling with it as it rocked, watching the ponies in the waves try to break free of their reigns, and then she was at the other end of the boat, observing the girl's chortling storm of a face and watching as the fingers of the ocean's monster scored the shore, growing minuscule in size. Wait a minute- why was she walking backwards again? Shouldn't she be getting off the boat to begin her adventure? Right, it was simple, really, she would need to get off the boat and then get on to a.... a....

The girl looked down at the paper in her hands for an answer.

Oh.

The back of her neck turned from ice to fire and the girl's confused gaze glanced frantically around the boat as if it would provide some sort of answer. To Avivi's relief and surprise, the paper was sitting on the bench beside her.

Huh. Smart boat.

"What is the person you're talking to doing? She looks like she's blanking you."

The cotton candy clouds turned to ravenous, prickly beasts, and the girl's face clouded in shame. At first, the girl opened her mouth, waiting for a witty retort to spring from her jaws. She forgot it before it could escape the tattered remnants of her mind.

Avivi picked up her paper and started walking away, hoping that if she stuck with the crowd she would end up out of this mess, as always seemed socially acceptable. Had she even said anything at all to the boy, or had she looked like a five year old fool, mouth agape, just waiting for the wind to whistle hollowly through her cheeks? Stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid...

"Well, mean old Henry is wrong. We all know that that guy just thinks he is at the top of the world, him being in fifth grade and all. Just because you are silly doesn't mean you're stupid. I like it when you're silly. The world is too serious sometimes.

Now come on, Avi! Let's go play in the sand box. I was just thinking, what if we made a city that was overrun by dragons, and there was this one little Dedenne who wanted to change it all.."

The girl smiled, and her gait, so stiff and dreary, seemed to skip lightly across the floor.

"Twins forever?"

"Twins forever," the girl whispered, her chest hollow with loneliness, covered cleanly by a draping smile. How was it that someone could laugh so easily and yet be so lonely inside? The answer was there, but it was as if her mind just wouldn't let it in...

The railing beneath his limp frame seemed to chill as the wispy shadow of a lumbering smoky giant crossed across the deck, mirrored by its airborne counterpart of organised mist. Discouraged by the loss of comfort Chrono Lavender curled into a crouching position and pushed himself to his feet, still a little woozy from lying down so for long, he decided to look around the ship, after all it would soon dock and the ferry was a new experience for him, so why not make the most of it?

Trotting along the varnished wooden deck which was offset by the cold white metal of the ship's main body, "Cluk, cluk, cluk," the soles of Chrono's black high tops connected solidly with the warm feeling glistening wood, white rubber scarred with grassy green memories from the tall grass of Unova. Of home. Not stopping to bring old memories up from the depths of his psyche Chrono simply continued walking until he reached the back end of the lengthy boat, looking down the starboard side of the ship Chrono noticed a commotion, one girl seemed to be telling another about how she was going the wrong way, he couldn't hear them very well but in the veritable white noise of distant conversation he took hold of one sentence before it floated off into the sea wind, one of the girls, one that looked around his age called out to the other "It'll be minutes before we land..." Followed by some more garbled speech thrown away into the wind. The other girl had this strange look in her eyes, she looked focused yet completely lost at the same time, like she was trying to remember something she already knew, disregarding the
Strange behaviour of the girl Chrono disappeared behind the cabin of the boat hoping they didn't notice him snooping.

"Cluk,cluk,cluk." Again, back down the ship under carefree clouds, heading to the bow of the ship to see it dock first hand, the clacking of his grass stained soles continued for a little while before reaching the front of the sea craft before realising the pearly watercraft was just now meandering its way into the docks.
"Ding-dong!" Bleeped a speaker somewhere above near the shiny mirror of the captains cabin, "All trainers can I have your attention please, the S.S Naga is arriving in the Eviterna Region please make your way to the allocated bus, we wish you a great journey and look forward to seeing you again!" Chirped a cheery yet buissiness like voice following the beep." Chrono breathed in the fresh coastal air and prepared for the upcoming journey....

Last edited:
At least her call had been heard. Carah's let go of a small smile as the misterious girl stopped walking to look at her, the situation would have gotten quite dangerous if she had kept on walking backwards; she might have even falling from the ship if she wasn't careful enough. The strange girl looked to her back from her shoulder to realise how close she was to the edge of the boat, staring for longer than Carah had expected for her to do. After a while, she turned back to her, again with that sensation of loss in her eyes. She stood there, looking at her with that mysterious look, as if she was holding an abyss in her iris. The confusion helded in her eyes faded all of a sudden, a smile of pride grew on her face after what she finally spoke.

"Oh no, I'm just fine. I had just.. forgotten something..... that's all."

After that, she started looking all around the place, maybe trying to search for that thing she said was lost, finally finding it at some bench next to her, taking it between her hands and revealing what seemed to be...

A piece of paper. Such a scene for that?

" Hello again C..." Carah winced in surprise as soon as she heardn someone talk to her on her back. She had been foscused in the incredibly clumsy girl to the point of forgetting that there were more people in the boat. She turned around to find the weird hair dude that had asked her about the starters a while ago. Still as familiar, still an enigma that was now quite scary; she'd have sweared that he was about to say her name when he greeted her " What is the person your talking to doing? She looks like she's blanking you."

"Oh, she's... well... I don't actually know," she answered raising her shoulders "In fact, I don't really know anyone on this ship, not even yo-"

Carah was interrupted by the fast scape of the girl she had just helped, like a kid that confused a stranger with her mother and ran away in shock. What a curious girl.

"Anyways, this isn't the right moment for introductions so, I don't know about you but I'm gonna' keep moving. There's a whole life partner waiting for me!" and like that, Carah turned around to follow the rest of the crowd.

The ramp finally began descend until it became a bridge between the metalic ship and the ground of Eviterna.

People started leaving the boat to give their first steps into this unknown region. Carah took a deep breath in as soon as she put a foot on the concrete dock receiving her, the greatest of her smiles taking over her face. The place wasn't big and it didn't have many constructions, just a small restaurant that would probably feed the few people arriving the island and, next to it, a small shop selling different snacks.

Three of the crew that boarded the ship with her continued walking in other directions, all of them appearing to be fishermen that probably attempted to sell their products in other regions.

Carah couldn't ressist the need of taking a picture to the scene; her first time in Eviterna, the region which's story was about to be changed.

The bus arrived a couple minutes later. Every one of the fture trainers aboarded it. Carah spent the most of her time looking at the window with her earphones as loud as she could, the scenery displaying outside the car being the inspiration for the music video she was creating in her mind; a smiling Carah running through the fields surrounded by her powerful and unique team. Sometimes with a Chikorita smiling at her, or a Oshawott running around her feet. The picture wasn't clear enough, but it was still a wonderful daydream.

Until suddenly, the movement sensation stopped and the road seemed to get cut in front of a small house in the middle of field. Carah felt a bit of confusion once she spotted it, the house was made from greyish wood, appearently worn because of the years. It definately didn't look like a laboratory but it seemed like that was the place they had to arrive.

Suddenly, a tanned skin woman came out of the door wearing a white apron, a bright smiled showing her white teeth as she greeted them from the door. Her long wavy hair following the trace of her accelerated footsteps.

"You are finally here!" she said in a shriek as she started hugging tightly every single of the future trainers she had picked. Finally meeting made her feel even more hopeful about her program. She could already hear a large audience screaming from the stands, as a young trainer from Eviterna fought on the league accompained by his own loyal pokemon "I was counting minutes for your arrival guys... you're three and a half minutes late, but it doesn't matter."

She stepped aside and inhaled deeply to try to cool herself. "Okay, that wasn't the right start. It's just I'm so excited..." she explained "I'm Amanda, the professor in charge of this program. But this isn't time for meetings, I bet you're all as excited as me for getting this thing started so... why don't we save the spech for later?" Amanda held her hands one to another and put them close to her chest as she turned around to lead the way "Come on! Aloe and the pokemon are waiting for us inside the laboratory!"

As Carah followed the professor lead, she couldn't help but smile for the professor funny attitude. The professors she had known were calmed and reserved people who took hours talking about pokemon, Amanda was the complete opposite, being accelerated and bold.

The laboratory's inside wasn't very different to the outside; it looked more like an old kitchen with that floral ceramic covering than a laboratory. The only way to notice that no one cooked there were the computers, pokeballs and other type of itmes that clearly weren't part of a kitchen.

"So yeah... this is my small science nest," Amanda nervously said as she faced the youngsters again "It isn't very complete but it serves it's purpose, it's the best I could get," the professor explanation was interrupted by a small moving plant that appeared from behind the room, an Ivysaur, specifically "Oh! Aloe is here. I think everything's ready for you to meet your pokemon."

Amanda walked to a old closet and opened it, revealing eighteen pokeballs, each one of them accompained by the small picture of the pokemon they held "You may pick any of this pokemon," she said as she took one of the pokeballs " we managed to get pokemon from Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh, Unova and Kalos. If you wish, you can get them out of their pokeball befor choosing them, just to meet them before making a choice."

The bus that was supposed to pick up the trainers brought to this region had arrived just a few minutes after Almas had gotten off the boat. After getting onto the bus with the other trainers, he looked around. Sometimes looking at the scenery that was passing by, sometimes looking around at the other trainers. Seeing all the other people around, some seeming younger, others maybe around the same age, he wondered what they might be like. Almas then stopped his train of thought on that subject. There was no use wondering when he would soon be introducing himself to them. Looking at the window and scenery again, he started thinking of what pokemon he would choose, and what the journey would be like.

His thoughts stopped as the bus came to a stop in small field. Getting off of the bus and looking around, he found a slightly worn looking greyish house. "Is this the pokemon lab?" Almas thought before his question was soon answered. Out of the house came a tanned woman, whose excitement and joy could easily be seen in her expression and voice. "You are finally here!" Was what she said before hugging each of the trainers gathered here. Surprised for a moment at the sudden action, he thought that this professor might be more excited about their journeys then the trainers themselves.

"I'm Amanda, the professor in charge of this program. But this isn't time for meetings, I bet you're all as excited as me for getting this thing started so... why don't we save the speech for later?" Was what she said before heading inside the laboratory. Heading inside and looking around, there didn't seem to be much telling that this was a lab other then some computers here and there and some pokeballs. It didn't resemble the other pokemon labs that Almas had seen,which were wide, clean, and filled with all kinds of research equipment. Amanda had walked over to an old closet with her pokemon and opened it. What was inside were eighteen pokeballs, each with a pitcure in front of them. "You may pick any of these pokemon. We managed to get pokemon from Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh, Unova and Kalos. If you wish, you can get them out of their pokeball before choosing them, just to meet them before making a choice."

Almas walked up and looked over the pictures. Some of the pokemon seemed familiar to him. His gaze stopped when he reached the pictures of three pokemon, Chimchar, Turtwig, and Piplup, the Sinnoh starters. Looking them over for a moment, he soon picked up one of the pokeballs. After holding it for a second he let out the pokemon inside. Out came an energetic little chimp pokemon with a flame for a tail, Chimchar. Bending down to get a better look at the little pokemon, he came face to face with Chimchar. "Chimchar!" was all it said before jumping around Almas. Seeing the energetic pokemon hop around made him smile. It seemed friendly and outgoing, the kind that would try to get along with anyone it met and maybe get itself into trouble at times. What could he learn from it? What would this pokemon get him into? After thinking it through he decided. "Hey Chimchar, want to be my partner for my journey here?" He asked with a smile and some anticipation. The small pokemon stopped hopping around and looked at the person in front of him. After staring at Almas for a second, Chimchar showed a large smile on its face and its fiery tail burned a little brighter. "Chimchar!" Was what it yelled before jumping onto Almas and climbing to his shoulder. Standing up and looking at his new partner, who seemed to like climbing things, he smiled. "I guess that's decided then."

The bus ride was barely memorable Chrono Lavender had spent most of the ride trying to get a good eye for the trainers he would have to travel with, some trainers stood out to him, a boy with white tipped hair who had that look that said he knew more than he made out, the girl from the boat who looked his age, looking up as if she were thinking about something with her thick framed glasses balanced on the end of her nose. When he got off the bus they were greeted by a tanned woman, she looked to be in her early thirties, the woman came over to the trainers wearing a wide smile, she explained her excitement before starting to hug the trainers one by one, the woman came to him and squeezed him tightly making his arms splay a little, the woman moved on leading Chrono along with the other trainers into her small dingy laboratory, once inside the door the professor turned to address the trainers, "I'm Amanda, the professor in charge of this programme. But this isn't time for meetings, I bet you're all as excited as I am for getting this thing started so... Why don't we save the speech for later?" The bubbly professor said, introducing herself. From out of nowhere a medium sized amphibian looking Pokemon appeared, an Ivysaur. "Oh Aloe is here," said Amanda, obviously referring to her grass type companion, she then led the trainers to a small cupboard in the dimly lit kitchen like laboratory, the cupboard was neatly organised and divided into 18 little slots each containing a pokeball and a picture of its contents, it had 6 horizontal rows and 3 vertical columns, each row represented the region the starter was from and each column representing the primary type of the Pokemon contained within, one young man stepped forward he simply picked up a pokeball and chose the Fire Pokemon, Chimchar without and debate, Chrono walked up to the meek container, he looked at the grass column before closing his eyes and picking up a random pokeball. The ball felt cold as he cupped it in his hand, the crimson surface reflected his concentrated face like an angry mirror tinted red with rage, a soft "click!" as the Pokemon was released, it was green and snake like with a smug expression and a head that tapered to a curved point giving the small grass snake the look of a lopsided water droplet. Chrono Lavender considered for a moment before deciding, this was the one, his own Pokemon, "I think I'll call you Winston" he told the reptilian Pokemon, referring to its sophisticated looks, the young Pokemon nodded its head before hopping back into its pokeball....

((OOC: Sorry this is badly written it's midnight right now so I'm really tired :) BIC))

A couple of the guys accompaing her had already picked a pokemon and Carah still hadn't there to even approach the poke balls, the both of them picking the first one they took. How did they do that? She wanted to be that brave too, but the thought of having one of those small buddies defining her future as a trainer was something that costed her nights of sleep back in Johto. What if the pokemon didn't like her? Or if it was otherwise? She may not like their evolutions or... or...

Carah looked at the poke balls again, two spaces that once had holded one of those metalic balls were now empty. A grass type and a fire one, from Unova and Sinnoh respectively. She spotted the Johto row, scanning the three pokemon she was most familiarized of the sixteen left. Chikorita was the grass type every girl wanted to get when she was six, most of them had already planned her name and all, Carah herself wasn't the exception: Poppy, the shiny Chikorita--yes, Poppy had to be shiny--. Then there was Cyndaquil, the cute one, she always thought that a human Cyndaquil would be constantly friend zoned, no explanations. Finally Totodile, the pokemon she definately wasn't going to pick. Nothing against the pokemon, but having a small hyperactive thing running around while yelling "Tototototo!" the whole time would end up driving her mad.

But why to focus in Johto starters? She lived there, now she had a chance of getting completely diferent pokemon, like... Fennekin! That was a good idea, they were soft, and pretty and probably had some nice evolutive line, maybe a yellow version of ninetales. With a smile on her face due finally managing to make a decision, Carah left her camera aside and approached the closet and took the fire type starter of Kalos. "Come on! I choose you!" she exclaimed excitedly as the ball she picked made a small creature appear in a flash of light.

The pokemon's figure was graceful, Carah knew that she would take some amazing pictures of her new partner during her journey. She had this really fluffy tail and this really cute ears and... and... Oh god, beautiful choice.

"Hey little girl!" she greeted as she kneeled to the pokemon height, a friendly smile on her face "I'm Carah, your new trainer."

The fox pokemon stood quietly, staring right into Carah's eyes. After she stopped talking, the starter held her head up high and turned her head aside in a gesture of superiority "Fen" she said as if rejecting the offer. Carah started feeling nervous, the pokemon had just rejected her! Was that something pokemon commonly do?

"What?" she asked outloud in confusion "You don't want to come with me?" The fennekin shook her head from side to side. Carah clutched her teeth, what a disgurting prideful pokemon!! Rejecting her like that, in front of everyone! "You know what?! I don't want you as my partner either!! You're a disgusting egocentric pokemon and I hope you stay there inside your poke ball for the rest of your days and that no one picks you ever!!"

And with that small curse, Carah put the pokeball back in it's place, hitting it hard against the piece of forniture "Damn Fennekin," she muttered to herself.

Lost in her own anger, Carah didn't notice that her short number with the fire type had caused other of the balls to fall straight to the floor, unleashing a second fire type: Cyndaquil.

The small pokemon began wlking around the laboratory without even bothering in taking a look to the trainers beside him. There were plenty of interestin objects to watch, like cables, cups of coffee, earphones and... what was that black box over there?

Driven by his curiosity, Cyndaquil walked to it to take a better look at it. It had a rectangular shape and a big bubble like glass in the front, also a few buttons, those small things that could be found in a big part of human's stuff. He started pressing them randomly. The first one didn't make anything happen, no sounds, no lights. He tried a second one to see if that object worthed the dale studying. His left paw pushed it softly, and as soon as he got it out a colorful screen turned on. The glasses girl yelling to the Fennekin appeared on it, her face as ridiculously angry as she looked in real life. Cyndaquil smiled, he had managed to make it do something, now he had to see if it could do something more.

He took a look to the buttons he was able to push. There was the first one he pressed, it had a small red dot on it that was what caught his attention the first time, under it there were other few buttons with confusing figures marked in it, not really interesting. The one that really got him was that one on the top of the black box, it was bigger than the others and it's isolation made it look like the most important in the whole artifact.

Cyndaquil pressed it, a sharp noise emerged from the box as the screen turned white for less than a second, then to show a freezed picture of the scene in the screen. The fire type recoiled, scared of what he had done.

Carah heard the sound of a camera at her back. She blinked in confusion a couple times before turning around, none of the people accompaining her seemed to hold one so who had...

"What are you doing with that?!" she exclaimed worriedly as she spotted a small pokemon next to her camera "This isn't something you play with! Did you break something? Or changed the settings?" Carah took her camerain her hands, about to check that the pokemon had made no harm to discover a new picture in her memory card.

She opened it, her angry face displaying at the screen. Frowned and with a shuckered nose, dark eyes like daggers wanting to go through that ball and kill the pokemon inside it. She was glad of having dark skin in that moment, she was sure she would've ended up all red.

Leaving aside her ridiculous face, Carah was amazed by the picture's quality. It had the right focus and lighting, the picture was clear and no objects interrupted the hillarious scene. How could a pokemon take such a nice picture? "This must bea sign of destiny," she muttered as she put her camera back on her neck to take the pokemon in her arms "Yes! That's it! We were destined!" Carah looked at the pokemon with hopeful eyes and a bright smile "Don't you already feel like we've bonded?"

"Cynda?" asked the small pokemon leaning his head in confusion.

"Oh, nevermind," said her new trainer as she rolled her eyes "You'll get it later. I pick this one! This one's mine!" she reported to everyone else in the room.

Last edited:
Quint wasn't very trustful of this white haired boy. He was mumbling under his breath, never a good sign: something about being recognised...

"I wonder what's that guy's deal is..." He thought aloud, under his breath, inadvertently doing the thing that made him distrust people.

The girl who he had apologized to was talking to another girl, and the white haired boy strided over. He couldn't help but notice the other one though. She seemed to be in her own world...no, not that. She just seemed odd. But he wasn't going to be rude and ask about it. Anyways, the ship landed, and soon a bus came to take them to the lab.

When they arrived to the...lab? It didn't look like one. It looked like a barn out in the middle of nowhere. Anyways, when they arrived at the lab, the professor gave everyone a big hug. This woman, Quint had to admit, was very nice. Among one of the nicest he'd ever met.

Going in, it looked like his kitchen. Except older, and more computers. Was this what all labs looked like? No, that couldn't be it. He saw one once or twice in Orre. The one there was quite hi-tech and sharp. Maybe she didn't have funds, or the time, to make it nice. That must've been it.

Eventually they were lead to an old closet, surprisingly filled with Pokeballs, about twenty of them. Before Quint even got over the fact there were so many, two boys he never met walked up and took out a Monkey looking one and a Snake like one. Then the girl he had met earlier choose one. At first she was going for some type of Fox (Were those called Vulpix?), but then iy did something, and she got mad at it. Like, really mad. In the end she picked a mouse one.

Now he had to choose. The Monkey, Snake, and Mouse were gone, and the fox...well, after Carah's rant, he didn't feel like even checking it out. He took his time, but a Crocodile caught his eye. He let it out.

The Totodile blinked. Then it tenderly walked up towards Quint, rather curious.

"Hey there, what i-" He was quickly interrupted by a sharp cry from the little reptile, who had began to run circles around him. "Whoa whoa whoa, STOP."

He returned the Crocodile and moved on. It took him a minute to figure out how to return him, but quickly discovered it was the same way he had let it out.

Checking them all, none of them caught his interest, and now he was on the final ball in the room. "I'll check it out, I suppose..." He let out a little hedgehog like Pokemon, an unsure, somewhat optimistic face stared at him.

"Oh. My. Dear. Arceus. It's perfect." This was the Pokemon for him, no doubt. That face, combined with the dumb smile it plastered on as Quint picked it up, made this Pokemon just...Perfect.

"I call this little guy!" He said enthusiastically. Now that he picked, he couldn't help but wonder what the white haired boy and the girl who wasn't all there were going to choose.

Omega shrugged at the look he got from some other boy." You chose Chespin. Good choice if you like bulky grass types. The spiny nut Pokemon: The quills on its head are usually soft. When it flexes them, the points become so hard and sharp that they can pierce rock. Evolutions: Quilladin and Chesnaught." He smiled and walked up to the Proffesor." Well Cyndaquil has been chosen I guess I'll go with Mudkip." He smiled and went to the pokeball. No hesitations and he opened the pokeball. The little Mudkip emerged and frantically ran around. He shot towards Omega and tackled him to the ground." Hey Swampy." There, his name was chosen.

He stood up and yawned." The mud fish Pokemon: Its large tail fin propels it through water with powerful acceleration. It is strong in spite of its size." he looked at the boy who chose Chespin and smiled." I had some experience beforehand. You and Chespin should get along."

Avivi had no clue what she was doing. The girl looked down at the paper, then back up again. Then down at the paper, and back up again. She had gotten so distracted thinking of her distant, caring sister that the girl couldn't even recall what it was she was doing here. There had to be something... it was just at the tip of her tongue, invisible, right beneath her grasp, and the girl felt as if the world was dark and she, alone, resided within it...

Pokemon. She was getting a Pokemon. That was right- Avivi had to... had to leave. Avivi had to live on her own, and the dream... yes, Avivi had a chance to discover her dreams. Yes...

The girl looked down at her paper again, then cautiously followed its words, clenching it tightly within her hand in ever growing anticipation. Her gait was tight but her eyes wandered. For a moment, the girl forgot the reason for the anticipation, then recalled it out of the blue again, this time with a smile of dreamy relief, to grasp her own dream so close. And then, like a platinum mist dispersed, the anticipation evaporated, as if it had simply forgotten to exist, and left behind the residue of bliss.

"This is the.... research center bus. Bus for the research center?" The girl asked, looking for confirmation of some kind. The man nodded (he had a rather bland face, like a bowl of starch) and she entered the bus with a sigh of relief and a giddy smile on her lips. She glanced down the rows and her first impression was of overwhelming confusion that shook her like a tidal wave, such were the bold and constant details of the creatures around her that they mangled her mind as they rushed through her eyes.

The girl blinked. There was so much.... expression. Excitement. For a moment, the girl just stared, lost in a void that warped the world, trying to decipher every face, every outline of enthusiasm... what were they like? They were like... like... like bright red berries all crowded on a bush, cheeks golden with enthusiasm, noses red and smiles those of inquisitive children, reverted back a few years in the tidal wave of gleeful anticipation. They were like bundles of leaves strewn in the air, crisp and shocking in their silly dance with the wind, painted with bright reds or crisp, fiery oranges, and they were-

The bus jolted into movement and Avivi, staggering from the sudden change, slid into a seat. While thinking up insults for the bus that just dared to break her twisted train of thought, the girl took out her notebook and began to draw. Avivi sketched the Ponytas in the waves, the sugary clouds, the girl's stormy ocean of a face, the man's features of starch, and the children on the bus. Beneath each, she wrote captions and a date- The ocean before Eviterna (xx/xx/xxxx) or The clouds above our dreams (xx/xx/xxxx) or The face of a worried stranger who acts more like a friend (xx/xx/xxxx).

When she was done, the girl looked back over them and traced the folds of graphite, gaze solely for the pictures as old memories crowded her mind- those she knew were made before the last time she fell into darkness but seemed as new and fresh as yesterday, of being young and giddy and prancing through the streets, braids dancing with the wind.

... and Avivi realized, perhaps for the first time but likely for the 50th, that she couldn't remember growing up and yet felt older than the wind that constantly kissed her cheek with its ancient lips...

"I don't... I don't know- I don't..." the girl blabbered softly without thought, standing in front of a row of pokeballs. She looked from the pictures to her paper, reading the last words sitting alone on the last page, scrawled in long, leaning letters that seemed to be bent from emotion and despair. For a moment, Avivi was frightened, for she couldn't recall the reason why, but she knew it had to do with... it had to do with dreams. Yes, it definitely had to do with dreams.

If all goes well, you'll reach the lab. There, you should find the professor, and the Pokemon that she has chosen to become your starter.

This is where your journey begins, Avivi. Be safe, and choose your partner wisely. If you still need some help in deciding...

choose the one with a kind face and the big heart.
~ wishing you luck, Phierah Cadence. Twins forever.

So that was it. She didn't have to think about strategy, nor evolution, nor moveset. Just the one with a kind face. Well, that was simple enough, although the girl wasn't quite sure the rest of the world would approve. But who did she care? This was her world, not theirs. Granted, it was tattered and broken like a shadow fleeing from a sunrise, but the girl supposed it was still hers and she would take pride in what it had left to offer. Now, then... the one with a kind face.

"The one with a kind face..." the girl repeated beneath her breath, moving her hand to trace over the pokeballs. They were the husks of nuts, smooth and mechanical, holding preciously their treasured contents, snapping open like the jaws of a Totodile to reveal their pearls. They were the skin of a fruit, emboldened with hubris in their round perfection, thin and delicate and smooth, hiding the seeds for which they were created beneath layers of juicy metal and succulent electronics. They were lined in a closet like china seeds, resting before the background picture of what they would become, waiting to be plucked off the shelf and planted in the earth. The girl's hand quivered and she was tempted to pull it back, so delicate, so precious were the pokeball's beings, so pure and grand and righteous that, if her hand had not been outstretched, if her fingers had not been clasping the last notes from her sister, Avivi was afraid she would forgot herself all together, that the blinds that cast light into the shadows of her mind would be closed forever, snapped shut in a ferocious void of admiration. And yet, at that moment, Avivi was sure she would never forget why she was here.

Then again, who was she to say what she remembered and what she didn't?

Avivi started as another hand touched her own. Or... no, it wasn't a hand- it was a vine. The girl looked down and found an Ivysaur pushing her hand towards the left and onto a pokeball. There was a depiction of a creature similar to the one helping her on the picture- likely a pre evolution. Had it heard her, or simply wanted its kin to go on a journey as well? And had she ever been told the creature's name?

"Oh, uh... alright," the girl stuttered, managing to recall that she should probably speak when something like this occurred. As she brought the pokeball towards her, the girl noticed that this seed was noticeably shinier than the rest. How queer.

She fumbled for a moment around the pokeball before releasing its contents. The girl sharply breathed in- she hadn't been the one to release a Pokemon in years, and the brief flare was stunning, like an aurora across an empty sky. And the Pokemon...

He had large, wide eyes, and the first thing the girl thought of was dew, glittering softly as the sun began to rise, reflecting light into a delicately structured rainbow of color. He was a grass type- that much was obvious, and the bulb on his back was like a delicate ball of water, tinted green by algea and shimmering, as if swaddled in a quilt of mist. He had a long, wrinkly, smile and a calm expression, observing her as she observed him, and as he extended a vine in gentle greeting, the dewdrops of the creature's eyes reflected the soft, golden lamplight in the room, as if they were drops of sun.

She accepted his greeting with a quivering hand that grew sturdy as he shook it.

"Hello."

Last edited:
Carah's new Cyndaquil was even cuter than she had previously imagined. He had this realli soft skin and those small cute paws and was just so huggable. She knew she hadn't made a mistake in choosing it, even though they didn't became best friends as soon as they looked into their eyes. She didn't really care about that, bonds were made with time, laughs and suffer--if the third one could be avoided, even better!!

"You're such a cute living plushie!" she said in a high pitched voice while raising her Cyndaquil to her face "Oh! You still don't have a name, how silly. Plushie could be it but... no, no. It isn't original enough and... well, you're probably going to become this super badass pokemon and Plushie just won't fit you. Humm..." Carah looked deeply into the Cyndaquil's eyes trying to search for a name for her new partner, the perfect one popped out after a few moments "Plosh! That's a good name! It's cute and it may sound a little badass if you yell it at someone."

Carah continued to hug the pokemon once more. It felt so awesome to finally have a pokemon! She felt like so many doors were opening to her in that moment.

So happy with her pokemon, Carah didn't put much attention to what had happened with the others. All of them had already picked their pokemon and Amanda's bright eyes could've light up the world in a second if someone put a couple of bulbs in them.

"Yes! I think now we're ready to continue!" she exclaimed outloud interrupting Carah's moment and presumably everyone else's "Having a pokemon is the first step to become a trainer; like a writer's pen or a painter's pencil. Just like you this island is just starting it's pokemon journey, and I hope it would grow along with you. Now you have your partner, I'd like to give you this starter kit I think you might need," the professor took a gray bag from a pill of them, showing it to the trainers in front of her "In these you will find five poke balls, three potions and an antidote. Of course, you'll get more of these during your journey, there are some improvised laboratories in specific places around the island, these are specially prepared to heal your pokemon like Nurse Joy would and give you a free ration of items you will need depending on the area you are in," Amanda took out a pokeball to show as an example "Along with these, you'll find a Pokedex and a PokeNav. The first one has registered every pokemon found in Eviterna, that is from Kanto to Kalos. On the other hand, the PokeNav will serve to call me whenever you need to or even call yourselve's in case you get apart from the group. It also has included a map function that will display every town and island in Eviterna and where to find the Laboratories or Gyms."

After the explanation, Amanda began handing a bag to every trainer "Now, any questions?"

Omega sighed." Miss I already have my own bag." He said and he opened the bag to reveal a massive amount of pokeballs, potions and other stuff." I got these travelling with Dad." He grinned and thought of How Yang got so upset when his father took Yin with him.

Swampy hopped around and ran over to the cyndaquil." Stop!" Omega yelled and the Mudkip halted." Sorry about him."

As Carah approached to keep her own bag, she couldn't help but taking notice about the huge equipment the everytime weirder white hair guy had with him. Why the heck was he carrying that when supposedly he didn't have anye pokemon? And why hadn't his back break? She would've probably ended up throwing the half of that bag's items in some trasher after the first ten minutes. "I got these travelling with Dad." He explained, causing Carah to giggle a bit.

"Is your dad human?" she asked sarcastically after taking a bag "Because at the looks of that bag he seems like a walking PokeMart to me."

Amanda just rolled her eyes, proceeding to turn back to Omega, the most experienced trainer in the group "I guess you'll be fine with that," she said with a funny gesture in her face " but I'd like you to take the PokeNav and Pokedex anyways, it might be useful here."

Omega smiled." Yeah I'll take the pokedex and Pokenav please. I broke mine and for the last few months I haven't had a pokedex." He smiled and snarled at Carah." My dad is human he's just very good at finding items."

Omega looked around and yawned. He never was the type of guy to go too fast." So anyway can I go? I'm going to see the Pokemon I can catch possibly." He smiled and after collecting the pokedex and Pokenav he ran off." See ya!"

Looks like Quint wasn't the only one to notice how strange this boy was acting. After he told him all about Chespin (and how it evolves into...Qui...Que-a-din and Chestnaught, was this guy a living pokedex?!), the nut-like Pokemon he had picked, he had his own bag filled with Items! He must've been very prepared. He still took the Pokedex and the Nav though. Must've not had them.

Quint did like his bag, even if it wasn't as full as white haired kid. It had what anyone would want to start a Journey, and that's what mattered. He just a had a single question.

"Excuse me, Miss Amanda? Can we battle our Pokemon outside? I want to try mine out!" He probably wasn't the only one who wanted to try them out, but he thought it would be rude to battle them out front without asking.

After having gotten the energetic Chimchar as his partner for this region, Almas looked at the other trainers come up and pick there pokemon. The brown haired young man had picked the small, green snake pokemon called Snivy. The black haired girl had, after a small fight with a fox pokemon, chosen a small Cyndaquil. A young man with auburn hair had taken a spiky pokemon called Chespin. A white haired boy had chosen a Mudkip for his starter without any hesitation. Finally, a girl that looked both confused and focused had been guided to a Bulbasaur with the help of the professors Ivysaur. Having seen the other people in the room choose their pokemon, Almas thought. Who would be rivals? Who, if anyone, would he travel with?

Almas came back to his senses, having almost lost himself in his thoughts, when the professor brought out bags for everyone. Inside each bag was what could be called every new trainers starter kit, containing pokeballs, potions, and antidotes. Alongside each bag was a pokedex and pokenav for each person. He had never had a pokedex on any of his previous journeys, although he had seen some people with them. They were like small, handheld library's or encyclopedias with information on every pokemon. Do these also contain the information I want to know though? He thought as he went over and picked up a bag and the two devices for himself. Looking over, he saw as the white haired boy showed that he had a bag of his own, that seemed to be filled with all sorts of items. Almas wondered to himself how someone would fit so many items into a small bag. The boy had then proceeded to take a pokedex and pokenav for himself before quickly leaving.

As he watched the boy leave, one of the other trainers had asked Amanda a question. "Excuse me, Miss Amanda? Can we battle our Pokemon outside? I want to try mine out!" was what they said. Looking over, it was the trainer who had picked Chespin. A pokemon battle was certainly one way to get to know your new pokemon better. He looked over at Chimchar, who now seemed to be trying to get into the bag Almas picked up, and asked "Do you want to try battling another pokemon?" The Chimchar turned his head away from the bag to look back at his new trainer. With a determined look and a smile he nodded. Almas then walked over to where the boy, along with Amanda and the girl who had picked Cyndaquil, were standing and extended his hand out for a handshake. "Hello, my names Almas. If you wouldn't mind, how about I be your opponent?" He asked, hoping to get along with the trainers in front of him.

Carah couldn't help but smirk as the huge bag boy snarled at him " My dad is human he's just very good at finding items.". Oh, poor boy, he appeared to be that kind of person that just didn't get her humour. She didn't blame him anyways, her often rude sarcasm was her best defense against humanity, or at least specific members of humanity. Anyways, he seemed to be really excited about starting his journey since he just... well... left.

"Oh! Okay but... hey! Don't go too fast! Wait...!" but it was too late, Omega was already gone and Amanda didn't have time to give him any advice.

"Excuse me, Miss Amanda? Can we battle our Pokemon outside? I want to try mine out!" asked a guy on Amanda's back. It was Quint, the Orre youngster with quite of a weird attitude. She had liked him anyways, if not, how could she trust him one of the precious starters in which the island future depended?

"Oh, of course, I'm being so thoughtless." She answered "You must be aching to start your first battles and all that trainer stuff. Just go ahead, no need to stay in the laboratory the whole day, just... call me whenever you need an advice. I've lived here my whole life and I know almost every corner of this region, I'm also well informated about gyms and laboratories if you want to know more about them. I'm just a call away!" the professor gently smiled "Now go ahead, try your new pokemon."

"Hello, my names Almas. If you wouldn't mind, how about I be your opponent?" asked Almas to Quint, Amanda smiled proud of the results she had gotten so far.

"Oh! So you're having a fight?" asked Carah turning her camera on "Great! I'd love to see that if you don't mind, I need some action pictures. 'The first fight in the undiscovered region of Eviterna', do you realize how cool that sounds?"

Omega ran through the town and stopped by a cafe. He looked around and grabbed a Quickball out of his bag. He had seen an Elekid here on the way to the lab. He let Swampy out and the Mudkip hopped along beside him, unaware that he might have his first battle.

After a longish walk winding through the streets, he came across the Elekid messing with an electronic display board. The Elekid saw Omega and ran." After him!" Omega shouted and the pair bounded after the Elekid.

"Really?" Quint eyes shined with excitement. He was going to actually battle! His life was building up to a moment he never thought would come! He was so excited, he also ignored the boy who wanted to spar with him. He grabbed his hand, shaking it heartily. "Oh, uh, hi! I'm Quint, so nice to meet you Almas."

The girl who picked Cyndaquil showed interest in taking pictures of the battle at hand. "YEAH! That sounds awesome! Come on, let's go!" Without waiting for the others, he ran out the door...before realizing he left his Chespin back in the lab. "Whoops, looks like I got a tad too excited there. Haha...Sorry little buddy." This time he picked up his Chespin and calmly walked out the door, before poking his head back in. "Uh, sorry. I'm not great at waiting, but, no rush or anything."

((OOC sorry I haven't been around for a while BIC))

"Now that you have your partner, I,d like to give you a starter kit that I think you might need," The professor explained, holding out a greyish bag, Chrono hated to admit it but she was right
he had come woefully unprepared. Chrono noticed the look in her eyes, pure excitement, sparkling Christmas lights on steroids, the woman continued "in these you will find five pokeballs, three potions and one antidote" Amanda explained holding out a pokeball as an example whilst explaining that there would be other areas set up where we could get items. "Along with these you'll find a Pokedex and a Pokenav," she continued waving her hand toward a table off to the left containing a cluster of devices.

Chrono set off toward the table and scooped up one of each device, the pokedex was a subdued ruby red like the surface of a pokeball with a black stripe running across the middle forming a pokeball design in the centre, Chrono flipped up the lid of the pokedex whilst pocketing the second device, revealing a bright display screen, sinking against the back wall as the other trainers came to collect their pokenav and pokedex. Chrono scrolled down to Snivy on the list, checking the moves it could use he murmured them under his breath " Leaf Blade, Coil, Twister, Iron Tail," he recited from the large list, mostly moves envolving mostly tail moves, he kneeled down to his partner looking into its gleaming almond eyes, "Can you show me your best Leaf Blade Winston?" He asked endearingly toward the Grass Snake Pokémon. The small creature nodded before bracing itself and straining, Chrono watched it's tail morph, slowly blending together before forming a wicked sharp one sided blade intricately shadowed by a web of vines that cupped Winstons vulnerable tail acting as a guard, "wow Winston that's awesome," Chrono exclaimed in awe. The young Pokémon nodded before the vines wound back into the end of his tail and the blade split back into the usual three pointed leaf, proud of his partner Chrono stroked the top of Winstons head as if ruffling non-existent hair. He proceeded to rejoin the group only to hear the girl with a Cyndaquil make a sarcastic remark toward the white haired boy earning a snort of laughter from Chrono, the boy however didn't see the humour, "My Dad is human, he's just very good at finding items." The boy retorted, Chrono sighed at the boys actions, before noticing the swollen bag at his side, "that must be the source of this argument" Chrono thought to himself, something strange was going on between that boy and the Cyndaquil girl, whatever it was he wasn't keen to get involved. Two of the other boys arranged a battle and the girl with a Cyndaquil seemed eager to take some photos of it, intrigued to see the battle Chrono filtered out of the semi-crowded lab along side the other trainers on his way out of the lab he found himself walking alongside the beige coated girl, feeling slightly awkward he turned to her and introduced himself "Hi I'm Chrono, who are you," he blurted out without thinking, I mean if he was going to travel with these people for an extended period of time he may as well make some friends right?

After Almas had asked, Amanda gave her O.K. for the battle. As she said that, the boy who had picked Chespin grabbed Almas' hand and gave an excited handshake. "Oh, uh, hi! I'm Quint, so nice to meet you Almas." was what he said. The girl with Cyndaquil had then asked if she could take pictures of the battle, and gave a title to it like a reporter would give a title to news. "I don't mind if you take pictures." He responded before looking back at Quint. Quint had already run out of the lab, but without his partner Chespin. He soon came back to get him before heading out again. "Uh, sorry. I'm not great at waiting, but, no rush or anything." was what he said as he poked his head back into the doorway. "It's alright, I can understand your excitement. Let's go Chimchar." Almas said with a smile before heading outside with his partner on his shoulder.

Walking back outside, he looked around. The area outside the lab was a simple clearing. The grass wasn't too tall and there were no trees or rocks close enough to be in the area of their battle. No trees or other obstacles means that we can't use the surroundings to our advantage in battle. Seems like a perfect place for our first battle here. Was what he thought as he walked over to one side of the field. Watching his trainer stand at one end of the field, Chimchar climbed down to the ground from his shoulder. He walked until he was in front of his trainer and took a battle stance, saying that he was ready for the fight. Almas looked down at his partner before looking back towards Quint. "We're ready when you are." He said, already trying to come up with different plans of attack.

"Alright, let's do this!" He realized he never named his Chespin...Oh well, he could name it after battle. Now how to start his first battle...Maybe something cool like Wood Hammer! Until it occured to him such a new and young Pokemon was unlikely to know such a lofty and high level move. Hmm...Seed Bomb? Still too high. Well, there was nothing like starting simple.

But...what was simple? All the battle's in the colosseums he watched were powerful, and mighty, and used many different Pokemon other than this one! What a predicament... What was an attack so simple any Pokemon was sure to know it...

That was it! He knew what to do.

Setting the rather quiet Chespin on the ground, he straightened his body, and looked ready to battle.

"Alright then, may the best one win!"

He smiled as he saw the battle, like a paper ready to be unfolded...well, that made little sense. But still! He called out his command.

"Chespin, tackle!"

And the little chipmunk-like Pokemon charged towards the Chimchar.

Almas and Chimchar watched as Quint and his Chespin started the battle off with tackle. Starter pokemon never had many moves from the get go. Most wouldn't even have 3 moves at their disposal yet. Looking at the little Chespin running towards Chimchar, Almas thought of his move. We have to try to dodge attacks, but the spines on that Chespin look like bad news. He thought as he decided on his orders.

"Chimchar, jump to the side to dodge that tackle!" Hearing this, Chimchar readied itself. There was still a little distance between the two when the chimp pokemon quickly jumped to the side and out of the way of the tackle, just avoiding the hit. This little one really is agile, huh. He thought before giving out the next command. "Alright, use scratch while it's still showing its back!" The Chimchar then jumped towards the Chespin, its hands ready to scratch the opponent.

(OOC: Oh god I'm compleely sorry about my late post I just... literally didn't get notifications. I'm so sorry...)

The battle was about to start, Carah's camera was ready to catch every moment. She loved how seconds could last forever in a picture; a second of happpiness, glory, sadness, kept along with a memory. This one was important, the first battle in that unknown region and she was going to catch it, maybe save it in her journal.

As she began setting her camera, adjusting the light, the camera lences, etc. She didn't want to make any mistakes when pushing that button.

But a voice from behind her interrupted her work "Hi I'm Chrono, who are you?" her focus lifted as she turned her head to guy behind her

"Oh, I'm Carah, Carah Moore, from Johto." she answered with a smile as she tried to get some information about him, mostly by sight. His blue eyes looking at her as a bit of an awkward smile grew in his face. Oh, maybe she had to search for a topic to break that silence and step into a less awkward atmosphere? "So... did you have any experience as a trainer before or is this your first time?"

Not much of a smart question, but maybe good enough to break that awkward silence.

Meanwhile, the battle seemed to have started and it was time for her inner artist to take over the camera.

The battle was started with a tackle from... was it Almas? No, Almas was the other one or... well, whoever owned the Chespin's pokemon. But the other guy's Chimchar was faster, and with an impressive jump he managed to dodge it. The Chimchar was now going for a scratch and the picture she took from that was amazing, the sun was in the perfect position and Chimchar's jump looked somehow higher than it actually was... it looked cool.

"Can you jump like that too?" she asked to Plosh, who was now resting on her shoulder. A small 'Cynda' was it's not a very useful answer "We have to get to know each other better, I don't really know anything about you and... Oh god, I'm making it sound like we were dating."

Omega smiled as he came around the corner." Well we beat some pidgeys when chasing Elekid so you learnt a new move." He grinned as Swampy gurgled. The Elekid was trapped and had nowhere to go." Swampy, mud slap." He sounded completely bored and yawned as Swampy jumped high into the air, the sun behind him blinding the Elekid, and brought a muddy hand down on the Elekid." Great job Swampy." He smiled and cursed." Oh yeah um go Quickball!" He shouted and the Quickball encased the Elekid." No wait for it, it may attack again if it escapes." He smiled and breathed a sigh of relief as the Elekid was caught." This guy gave a chase, I'll call him Blitz." He smiled and put the ball in his pocket." Let's go back to heal you up I guess." He smiled and put his headphones on as Swampy jumped on his shoulder.

A while later he walked through the door to see a battle going on. He took off his newly bought black hat and looked around. He walked up to tCarah and stood next to her and another kid." Did I miss anything?" He asked and Swampy tugged at his hoodie. Omega chuckled and handed him a pokepuff.

(OOC: Just a small thing Omega, the battle was taking place ouside the laboratory)

"Did I miss anything?" asked the white haired boy that had just returned the laboratory as he approached her, his Mudkip tugging his hoodie appereantly to get something, finally o get some kind of pokemon food.

"Oh, not too much..." she answered still focused in the camera "These guys decided to battle and, well, you lost the first attacks." she looked at him then, now showing more of a serious expression "By the way. We've talked about three times since I met you and we you still haven't told me your name. I'm Carah, and you?"

Omega smirked and laughed." Omega Carvine. I already knew who you were because of your dad back in Johto." He laughed and Swamp saluted Carah." This troublemaker is Swampy and this guy is Blitz." He said as he opened the Quickball." Arceus knows how long it took for me to chase him around the town." He giggled and Blitz high fived Swampy.

"Hi I'm Carah, Carah Moore from Johto," the girl replied, lips curling into a warming smile, and awkward pause as the battle taking place heated up with the Chimchar and Chespin, sure the chimp Pokemon was fast and had an effective type but one hit from the chipmunk's spiny head would be like taking a spiky tanker truck going at 60 mph to the face. Breaking the silence the girl spoke up again "So.....Have you had any experience as a trainer before or is this your first time?" She inquired, breaking the silence like an ice pick through butter, suddenly, before he could reply the white haired boy walked up looking tired and sweaty from a long run, he looked happy though, face bright and joyous, he looked approachable and less shady, he asked Carah if he had missed much of the battle, to which she notified him he didn't before he introduced him self as Omega Carvine before revealing that he knew Carah from her father, the boy seemed happier and more open now, less tense, he proceeded to show off his Pokemon, a Mudkip named Swampy which had been tugging at his hoodie for food and and a small Pokemon with powerful tree trunk arms and sleek black stripes along with what looked to be electrical plug prongs sticking out of its head and a black lightning bolt design on its chest, Chrono had seen these Pokemon in the smoggy complexes of Virbank city hanging around generators, the Pokemon reminded him of a small Electabuzz, this one was called Blitz and was contained in some sort of blue and yellow pokeball "Arceus knows how long it took me to chase him around town." The boy announced giggling slightly as his Pokemon exchanged a friendly high five.
"So, uhhhh hi" Chrono said addressing Omega, not knowing who to talk to first he decided to finish the underlying conversation with Carah before starting a new one. "But, uhhhh yeah, to answer your question Carah I haven't had experience as a trainer but I used to practice battling with our town gym leader Cheren using our family Patrat against his far stronger Pokemon," Chrono grinned happy to have produced a sentence not too reminiscent of alphabetti spaghetti in the presence of two whole human beings that he had never met before!

Looking to his feet he noticed his Pokemon trotting over to Omega's tiny Electabuzz, obviously far more confident in its social endeavours than its owner, Chrono was being socially outdone by a Pokemon. Excited to be in the largest conversation with strangers he had ever had Chrono turned toward Omega. "So, what about you, Omega, have you had any experience as a trainer so far, or is it your first time." Chrono questioned knowing full well what the answer would be considering his remark about his father, but curious to find out the logistics of the answer itself, whilst Omega was thinking of an answer Chrono popped the pokedex out of his pocket and scanned it over the yellow Pokemon, the machine beeped to life before bringing a picture of the Pokemon onto the screen and announcing in its pixelated voice "Elekid, the Electric Pokemon, this Pokemon generates electricity by swinging its arms, however if it touches metal all this electricity is discharged and it must start over." The pokedex finished with a beep before Chrono snapped it shut and shoved it into his grey bag before turning his eyes back to Omega.

Omega smiled and Swampy shuffled onto his head and Blitz vaulted onto his shoulder." I have some experience. I beat the first 3 Johto gyms with the help of my dad helping me catch my first Pokemon. I then came here looking for a fresh start." He smiled and Blitz let a shock of electricity into the air." Stop showing off Blitz." Omega scolded and looked at Chrono." Can we battle please? I'd like to see my friends capabilities." He smiled." Hopefully after you accept could you first battle Swampy then Blitz?"

Not good. The Chespin was repelled by the scratch, falling flat on it's stomach. Quint momentarily thought the battle was through, but the Chespin proved to be more resiliant than he originally thought, getting up and dusting himself off.

The monkey was faster than he thought, and managed to dodge the lil' Chipmunk completely. There had to be a way to slow it down, but what? Maybe there was another attack it could use to stop it momentarily...

Perhaps something with vines? Quint was no expert, but one thing he remembered was that the dinosaur creature that Ms.Amanda owned was using vines, as was the snake the one boy chose...wasn't that a move?

"Hey Chespin! Use vines to slow down that monkey!"

The creature nodded it's head as two thin vines emerged from his back. It promptly shot towards the Chimchar, attempting to wrap around his feet and knock it down for a moment, and get that tackle off. Though a Scratch attack would quickly rip through the Vine Whip...

Quint's eyes temporarily divurged from the battle to gaze over at the girl taking pictures. The weird kid with the bag popped up with some odd looking plug Pokemon, and there was the kid with the snake as well. But he noticed a lack of the not-all-there girl. Didn't she choose a smaller dinosaur? Maybe she went off on her own, or asking Ms.Amanda a question. That must've been it.

(OOC: Explorations into synesthesia inspired foremost by the urge to understand it, and the type of synesthesia was inspired by a wonderful webtoon called Space Boy. I couldn't help but expand on the idea the way I viewed it, but the webtoon was a large inspiration and I would feel a little guilty not sourcing the idea back to it :p)

Avivi wasn't all too sure what to do next. So... this Pokemon was her starter, she supposed. Now she was supposed to... what, give him a name? That sounded about right. But then... she would just forget it, wouldn't she.

... maybe so, but Avivi was going to make sure she had a way to remember it anyways.

The voice of the professor interrupted the girl's thoughts, and she cocked her head to listen, face a mixture of intrigue and confusion as she worked to piece together the fragments that slipped through her mind. She appreciated the gesture's of creative spirit in the woman's symbolisms. Her sister would appreciate that- she was always taking the world a little too seriously. Everything was an image for her mind to possess, words for her eyes to swallow and her hand to write. A few days ago they were both five and her sister was reading books out-loud, voice a lilting dream, strumming the air in imitation of the Fletchlings in their backyard.

Avivi looked at her hand, wiry and taut and older than she was, and recalled that time had passed that her mind had failed to possess.

She jumped, startled, as a bag landed next to her with a thump. The girl looked in to find an assortment of items, then looked up to see the professor's beaming face. Wait.... what? Shoot. She hadn't listened in the slightest. At the very least, the girl realized the professor was asking for questions. She could easily asked what she had missed- but there was a more important matter at hand, one that Avivi struggled vainly to keep hold of.

She had to name her Pokemon.

Avivi turned back towards the creature with the sun drop eyes, hand rummaging in the bag she wore outside of her clothes, the one embroidered with a threadbare lotus. It was falling apart, broken in places, but somehow still one piece.

"Even the clothing I wear is a metaphor for my life," the girl muttered, sure she had thought and said it before but never recalling exactly when. Quickly. the girl flicked out a pencil to accompany the large, worn, and about half used sketch book she had retrieved- the same one she had used on the bus.

It was a book of her memories, and by Arceus, the creature with the sundrop eyes was going to be in it. He cocked his head in curiosity, having sat still and patient, his eyes assessing her own as she drew. This was how she chose to sketch him- no time for anything more, the rest of the trainers leaving causing her to feel slightly panicked in a scramble to keep up. And yet her partner was calm, and she breathed steadily with him.

Then, last of all, it needed a caption.

And the caption would be the name.

The Bulbasaur had a feeling something tremendous had happened when she finished scratching in her book and a wisp of a word escaped her lips. "Sundrop."

There was a sense of finality. Of christening. This, the Bulbasaur supposed, was his name, for there was nothing else that could be spoken with such finality and peace and yet hang in the air, as if to proclaim that, after all that fuss, the word wasn't hers but his. He wasn't all too sure what it meant. but it felt warm and sweet on his tongue. The word tasted a little like sugar, but it was softer, grander, and calmer- a taste that he could not find a name for.

Sundrop- that was who he was, he supposed- liked more to watch than to do in most scenarios, and had become rather good at assessing people and Pokemon alike. Eventually, the creature realized that he was always searching for words to describe them as, and then these words always formed into a taste as he said them to himself. In a sort of transitive way, it was as if he was tasting the personalities of people, assigning them one word to rule above them all. For example, the Bulbasaur pondered, The Professor always tasted like peppermint cocoa, soft and rich, yet sharp and excitable all the same. His new trainer (that was who she was, correct?) tasted a little like an Aguav berry, a sort of brown, broken taste, with lots of sharp flavors that stood out but never seemed to mix with one another. It caused confusion if the user didn't like the taste- someone had told him that once, although he wasn't sure who. Sundrop hadn't come to the conclusion on his own taste yet, but if he had to guess, perhaps the girl had found it with her word for him.

She was talking to the professor now, after quickly stashing the strange book away (he recalled it smelled musty and brown, as if there were millions of memories stashed inside), and he cocked his head to pick up her words. She stuttered a little, as if always searching for the right sounds, every once in a while quickly interrupting herself, and she began her speech with a bow, leaning forward at the hip in a thankful manner, one arm in front and one behind the back. It seemed a little like a ritual- an inside joke that was less for laughs and more for sentimentality, a tradition that spanned decades. Queer.

"Thank you very much, uh.... I-I'm sorry, did you ever tell us your name? No, wait- you probably did, I'm sorry, sorry. I was just wondering why you gave us that... bag-thingy. I'm sure you told us, I think I just- I think I might have missed it."

Yes, Aguav berry was a good fit. He waddled towards her, as if to steady her, wrapping her arm in a vine. In retrospect, Sundrop was very much acting off of instinct. He hated it when others were uncomfortable and he hated hating and it all kind of went downhill from there, so the creature had gotten used to helping without thinking.

She looked down at him in a confused manner.

"Who-?"

And then the girl's face burned bright red.

"I have some experience, I beat the first 3 Johto gyms with the help of my dad helping me catch my first Pokemon, I then came her looking for a fresh start," Omega explained, his Elekid letting out a spark, "Stop showing off Blitz" The ivory haired young man scolded,
His tone shifted as seamlessly as the very seasons, suddenly cheerful after disciplining his Pokemon. "Can we battle please?" Omega asked, grinning widely "I'd like to see my friends capabilities," he noted still grinning expectantly at Chrono. "Hopefully after you accept you could battle Swampy then Blitz," the boy added, pausing to make sure Omega had nothing else to say Chrono took a minute to think, after he accepted the boy had said, almost expecting him to say yes, also the boy had a higher level of experience compared to Chrono and also had a number advantage. Chrono looked down toward his partner, Winston's gleaming brown eyes met his own sea blue spheres, the small Pokemon nodded letting out a small "Hmmf" whist turning its nose up at the electric plug Pokemon, Chrono had decided "First off Omega I would be real interested in battling you however maybe we should, uhhhh wait until these guys finish their battle then use the spot, also it would, um probably be easier for Carah if she wants to, uhhhh take pictures of the battle instead of moving and whilst I, um know that you want to get to know you or Pokemon do you mind if I just battle your Elekid, that way my Pokemon isn't worn down by fighting Swampy here," Chrono explained, wincing at his own brain flatlining mid sentence in front of his new acquaintances, Chrono knelt down patting the Mudkip on its rubbery blue little head before saying "Sorry I can't battle you maybe next time buddy."

The battle was lighting up, the Chespin trainer seemed to be becoming aware of the skills of a grass type, sending forth a vine whip at the fire monkey's feet, a speeding column of green snaking toward the flaming chimp, homing in on it's exposed ankles. the vine was a 50/50 shot, either scoring the win for Chespin or getting shredded by Chimchar's class and leaving the trainer back where he started...