• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Event Distributions and You

Do you collect event distribution Pokemon?

• Yes, I'll collect any that are available to me

Votes: 8 72.7%
  • Yes, but only certain Pokemon

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • If I get get them in a trade, sure, otherwise no

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, I never bother with them

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Yes, I'll collect any that are available to me

Votes: 7 63.6%
  • Yes, but only certain Pokemon

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • If I get get them in a trade, sure, otherwise no

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, I never bother with them

Votes: 2 18.2%

• Total voters

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
And in this topic we ask whether you're a rabid event distribution Pokemon collector, if you'll make a point to grab some of 'em but not all, or if you don't give a damn about event Pokemon in general. Vote in the poll and, if you'd like, tell us more about your answer in a reply. ~:)~

I personally like to get my hands on every rare-ish Pokemon that I can, whether it be an event legendary, a legendary that unlocks new game content, or an exclusive Dream World Pokemon. There's no Toys R Us on PEI but if something's available to download from GameStop/EBGames, I'm there. :8B:

Demelza

Eevee Tamer
Staff member
Yes because I like to keep my Pokédex full, but hate asking people for trades, so always like having an event Pokémon of my own. Plus if the Pokémon happens to unlock in-game content I always feel it's better to have unlocked it with my own over someone else's. I'm fussy like that.

Generally the event Pokémon all happen to be ones I really like anyway, so it isn't like I go out of my way for something I don't really want or won't use. Keldeo is a good example. Silly long trip to our closest GAME, but so worth it for the little guy. ^^

But yeah. I do really care for the event distributions and try and get hold of all the Pokémon if I can. :)

Fun topic! I'm one of the rabid collectors and I try to grab any Pokemon that's released here in North America. The reason I do it is because I never could Pre-Gen IV. When I was little, I used to dream of going to New York to get my hands on the rare items that would be given out there. But alas, we have wifi so we'll never have to worry about that again ^^

Speaking of, I'm probably going to pick up Keldeo tomorrow ^^

I bother with them occasionally if they're wifi, otherwise I was never massively into them.

I just pick them up if/when I can be bothered to xD

Psycho Monkey

Member of the Literary Elite Four
The only event Pokemon/Items I collect are the ones that can only be gotten through events and all Legendaries. I don't bother with events like "Ash's Pikachu" from Gen IV.

I definitely try to get all the event Pokemon/Items I can, but I never get the Toys R Us ones, only Wi-Fi and most Gamestop ones. I, too, was never able to obtain these events before Gen IV, so I tried to get as many as I can. I missed the 3 Shiny Legendaries they released right before HG/SS came out(Shiny Entei, Shiny Suicune, and Shiny Raikou). However, I was able to get the Celebi. Anyway, I do this because
A ) The Pokemon you can get can be very rare, or be cool in some other way, and
B ) I love the items that trigger a side-quest event(Azure Flute, Oak's Letter, Victory Pass, etc.).

So, you can say I am a huge fan if distribution Pokemon/Items. I just wish I could get Keldeo/Meloetta/Genesect for my White Verson!

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
ShinyZekrom009 said:
So, you can say I am a huge fan if distribution Pokemon/Items. I just wish I could get Keldeo/Meloetta/Genesect for my White Verson!

Is there a reason why you can't get the Keldeo being given away at GameStop right now?

I actually did not know about that when I posted here, Linkachu. I found out about that later that day. So yes, I'm psyched that at least ONE of those three are available right now. :)

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
ShinyZekrom009 said:
I actually did not know about that when I posted here, Linkachu. I found out about that later that day. So yes, I'm psyched that at least ONE of those three are available right now. :)

Ahh, good good! As a fellow collector I was going to offer you one of mine if you couldn't get one, but nice that hear that it won't be a problem. ^^