• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

DPPt/HGSS EV Help W/ Larvitar.

Well i've recently started to get back into pokemon and wifi battling. I began EV training my Larvitar like ~6months ago and forget what specific EV i was training.. Ruko suggests that I reset and start over using berries, but this seems sort of odd; because technically wouldn't that mean I'd have less EVs in the end, because my Larvitar is already level 17?

I think I was training attack, but here are my stats anyway.

Attack - 29
Defense - 22
Sp. Atk - 20
Sp. Def - 22
Speed - 22
Ability- Guts - Boosts attack if there is a status problem.
HP - 49/49
Nature - Naive

All feedback will be greatly appreciated :)

the problem is, that you cant determine your EVs without knowing your IVs..and you cant determine your IVs without knowing your EVs. its like a mathematical equation with 2 variables D:!

and resetting your EVs wont hurt in the long turn. Your pokemon will gain the EVs through lvling. You could start resetting your EVs at lvl 50 and it wouldnt hurt you. as long as you lvl up you can always reset them. the only limit is lvl 100. at 100 you cant EV train anymore.

Resetting your EVs is in no way detrimental to you. Considering you can only get a max of 510 EVs anyway, there is no way you can get less unless you just don't fully EV train the pokemon.

And showing your stats helps in no way. It is hard enough to guess right, but considering even if you were fully Attack EV'd, we don't know your IVs, and you wouldn't have gotten the full benefit of the Attack EVs yet considering your level. Just follow Ruko's advice and just reset all your EVs to 0 and start the training over again.

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
Actually, the Box Trick has been confirmed to no longer work as of Gen IV.

As for removing your EVs, getting them back and placing them in the right stats is easy. If you're worried that you won't be as powerful after removing them and re-training, don't be, because it is completely untrue.

I think it would be easier for you to just breed a new one and start over. Then you would not have to worry about what EV spread this Larvitar currently has.

I think it would be easier for you to just breed a new one and start over. Then you would not have to worry about what EV spread this Larvitar currently has.

yeah i was thinking about doing the same thing, the moveset will carry over to the new bred pokes right? It has Dragon Dance :)