• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

DPPt/HGSS EV calculator

Is there any sort of calculator that can calculate EV's by entering Level, stats, nature, and IV's on the net?

I want to EV train my Blaziken and Gengar who are from my in-game team but I'd rather not have to reduce every stat to 0EVs when some of them will be useful.

Nope, there are only IV calculators. As far that I know of anyway.

An EV calculator would be helpful though, especially for those like me who mix EVs. >_

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
The only way to work out your EVs requires that you already know all of your IVs. Then, there's a specific equation that will show you your current EVs once you put your IVs, Nature and Base Stats into the equation. However, if you don't know any of your IVs, then you won't be able to calculate your EVs at all.

Ah, um, the Serebii IV calculator is right here:

http://serebii.net/games/iv-calcdp.shtml

You will need to fill out some information on your Pokemon, like its current EVs, but other than that, it'll also tell you the Type and Power of that Pokemon's Hidden Power along with the IVs~

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
Unfortunately, if you don't know your EVs, you cannot calculate your IVs - you need to know one beforehand to calculate the other. If you know neither of them...there's nothing you can do.

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
Each Happy Berry drops your EVs by 10. I've heard that if one of your EVs is over 100 and you feed the Pokemon a Happy Berry for that stat, it'll drop to 100 immediately, but every time I've done this it has never worked, so I've come to the assumption that it is in fact completely untrue.

[quote author=GodlessM link=topic=6149.msg102650#msg102650 date=1243031961]
So to be safe I should feed him 25 of each; that will guarantee 0EVs in everything.

The most you'll ever feed it is 11 (of each kind) until it says "Base Atk can't go any lower". Or something like that. Then you'll know it's at 0.
[/quote]

But that math doesn't add up. 11 x 10 is 110 and each EV could be up to a max of 255.

The reason the max number of berries you need is 11 is because if you have EVs that are any amount over a hundred the first berry decreases it to 100 automatically. Each berry after that decreases it by 10. Therefore you need 1 berry to decrease the EV to 100 and 10 more to decrease it to zero. That makes 11 berries.

Would it not be easier to breed your pokemon and start EV training from Lv. 1? I don't know it seems to me that it would be much easier than have to go through the hassle of feeding berries.

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
[quote author=GodlessM link=topic=6149.msg102650#msg102650 date=1243031961]
So to be safe I should feed him 25 of each; that will guarantee 0EVs in everything.

The most you'll ever feed it is 11 (of each kind) until it says "Base Atk can't go any lower". Or something like that. Then you'll know it's at 0.
[/quote]

As I said in my post, this isn't true - I've frequently had to use over 11 Berries to drop a stat's EVs to zero from whatever number they once were.

Would it not be easier to breed your pokemon and start EV training from Lv. 1? I don't know it seems to me that it would be much easier than have to go through the hassle of feeding berries.

Not when I have a good level and a perfect move set already; it makes training in the EVs much easier as the Pokemon can beat anything wild with ease.