• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Europe is Getting The DSi XL!

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
The DSi XL, the much larger companion to the DSi, has been given a solid release date for the DSi XL: March 5th. For those that are not already familiar with it, the DSi XL is a larger version of the DSi, with 4.2" screens and a pen-sized stylus.

It's designed to be used in a family or party scenario - imagine everybody gathering around the DS and watching two folks fight each other in a Pokémon battle, for example. Also, to let people who can't see perfectly play Brain Training. >>

Last edited:

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
DSi XL is certainly one beast of a DSi XD

I'm still curious about the North American release date for this thing. If they already announced it I must've missed the report ^^;

Well well well. This is a clever way to get money. It's worth it too. I have a DS and DSi case (because I couldn't find a normal DS case) but I never have wanted a DSi because I knew that there would bwe something better soon. Here it is, a DSi XL, much better quality than a DS and probably DSi, with a big stylus too. I might just get one, but I'm not sure.

I wanted to get a DSi...then I heard about the DSi XL coming out, so I'm waiting for it to be released in North America. The XL is cooler to me for a variety of reasons: slightly longer battery life, larger size, and expecially because it's heavier. That's partly why I still prefer my original DS (Phat) over the DS Lite.

But like Katie, if they've already released the date for the NA release, I missed it XD

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
According to Ye Olde Wikipediae, there actually isn't an NA release date yet - it's just listed as "First quarter of 2010".