• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Euro 2012

I've been following this tournament a little and I want peoples opinions on it. Who do you want to win? Who do you think will win? Did [team] deserve that win? All these can be expressed here.

Right then we are reaching the halfway point of the group stages and judging by the current scores I believe this will be the eventual outcome of the Euro's

1st: Germany
2nd: Italy
3rd: Denmark (Provided they can hold the Germans off to a draw and the Dutch win Portugal)
4th: Croatia

I'm actually routing for the Danes this year and they seem to be the black horses of the competition. P.S Portugal didn't deserve that win D:

I've got to say can't see anyone besides Germany at the moment. Italy maybe but haven't seen enough yet. Disagree with Denmark, they've been outplayed by both Holland and Portugal who both missed hatfuls of chances, though I'd like to see them get out the group. I reckon Russia could be dark horses personally

While there is the usual suspects in competitions like this (Germany, Spain, England, Italy etc) you never can tell with Euro. I mean Denmark winning when Yugoslavia had to pull out in 1992 and then Greece in 2004. I'd love an "underdog" to win this. It happened at Wimbledon, it can happen again in the Euro.

My money is on Gomez (Germany) for the Golden Boot, he gets some of the best crosses from team-mates (Schweinsteiger, Klose, Otzil) and know how to handle the ball (or best not, for hand-ball offences!).

I'm a proud Czech Republic fan (have been for 16 years) and while I am not saying they'll win, they usually do very well at Euros with a couple of exceptions. Just need a better defensive line and two strikers instead of Baroš on his own.

And that's enough out of me. 8D However, did anyone catch the Ukraine v France match and that amazing thunderstorm?

To be honest, I thougt that Russia was going to win the whole thing after seeing the first match. But since they did not make it any further, I don't really know anymore.

My own national team, Sweden, has been very disappointing. Losing against Ukraine and then against England... Unlucky in both cases if you ask me. Nonetheless, I hope they beat France this afternoon so that they at least get some points.

But yeah, Germany will probably win against Italy or Spain in the final. That seems reasonable.