• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Escape To a Fantasy World

She wiped her face in order to get rid of any Tears that might have escaped.
"None of it sounds Familiar. I may have lost my Memory, but that theory was out of the question if I remember how I...Well, Died." She said, turning to the woman.
"I hadn't known this was a Fantasy world, despite everything that happened when I woke up in the Forest." Sighing at the fact, she Messed around in her hair with her Right arm. It had been a habit of doing so when under Stress.
"That's it! Whatever God or Goddess I had, they must've erased all memory of meeting them!" If all this was true, she'd owe herself a pat on the back.

"Maybe..." Jenny said. "Well, ah don't reckon that we're gonna get answers jes standing 'round here in the woods. Ah'm down fer heading into town to see if we can figure out anything there."
With that Jenny started to make her way down the path where Yin had come from. It didn't take long, but she made it to the town. She had to stop at the entrance of the town, just to take in everything that was going on. First off... the people. A good majority definitely didn't look human. People with pointy ears, skin and hair of a rainbow of colors, and other unusual traits wandered from shop to shop. Most of the people seemed quite well armed as well, with weapons and armors of all types. With her camo hunting clothes, Jenny stood out from all these people in their medieval-eske clothes. Jenny looked to Yin, feeling a bit nervous.
"Have yew, uh... been here before?" Jenny asked.

Meanwhile Hikari walked into the local tavern "The Golden Sun" that was located at the entrance of the village. The tavern was built here for the sake of convenience for adventures as it wasn't uncommon to see them return in bad shape after difficult quests depending on their skill level and party composition. Hikari often brought his health potions here as he felt they were most needed here, after all adventuring rules 101 was to always have at least 1 health potion.
Setting the crate down on the table Hikari began taking them out one by one and placing them down beside the crate. Knowing how busy the tavern usually was this batch of potions would be taken in a few minutes, after all he was giving these out for free

She followed Jenny until they hit the town.
"Yeah, I've been here. It was the first place I went before the Woods. Its where I got the gold pieces, and sold the Failed-Wolf pelt." she said, Looking around.
"If their are more people from earth, I would suspect this being the first spot they would Hit." Though she though that, it was only luck that she had found the town. It was just some Helpful words in case it all went downhill.

"Everything now makes sense." she thought to herself. She had already thought about it, but it all just seemed..odd. Plenty of reasons to not believe the random woman she met, but it was also hard not to.

Jenny looked around the town once again, then back at Yin. She tried to see if anyone else was dressed like them. Y'know. In normal, earth clothes. And yet, everywhere she looked people seemed to be as foreign as strangers in a strange land.
"uh... Ah dunno. Does anyone 'round here look like us? Heck, how do we even know there's other people from earth here?" Jenny asked. She looked around once again, feeling a little nervous. Out of the corner of her eye, Jenny noticed a Tavern. The Golden Sun. Jenny's stomach growled, and her face turned a little red. When was the last time she had eaten? Back... when she was alive? Breakfast?
"H-hey... Maybe we should check out that tavern. They sometimes offer places to stay, right? An don't people in fantasy stories go to taverns for info and stuff?" Jenny asked Yin.

Just as Hikari had finished getting the potions ready to go by just to the left side of the tavern indoor section and to be taken the owner of the tavern walked over to him to have the usual chat with Hikari. Often coming to visit the tavern and the adventurers on the daily as a kid Hikari was pretty much the definition of a regular customer, probably being the person who visited the most out of the village.

The owner of the tavern was a black feathered Kenku by the name of Jetto. Being a Kenku there were many problems that he had to deal with, the most notable being their lack of being able to vocalise normally. The species was haunted by a ancient crime that had robbed the race of both their wings and ability to speak freely. Kenku speech was restricted to mimicry of the sounds and worlds they recently hear, not being able to have their own unique voices. Though of Avian descent Kenku's had humanoid arms in place of their stolen wings from long ago. Though these problems did not stop Jetto being a talkative tavern owner in the slightest
"Morning Hikari! Handing out some health in a bottle again i see, T'is about 6 minutes that batch will last. Gotta real reckless buncha 'venturers in the past few days. You'd swear by the way they rush off blindly that they want to go see the gods considering 'venturers these days don't know nathing about prep work", Gretto commented in a mish-mash of different voices, accents and broken common. Not every adventurer that walked through these doors were great at speaking common at a great quality.

"I know right? i heard one guy tried to take on a owlbear out east of the village yesterday by himself to prove his worth. Poor guy did't know what was coming to him, if he didn't run into a cleric on the way into town i'd say things would have been much worse in the injury department.", Hikari responded happy to start chatting away with the Kenku. He enjoyed the company of the people of the village, for the most part everyone was nice to the people who wandered into town.

"Honestly, I have no idea. When I first got here, I was lost. Plus, I'm just guessing that by us. If they chose us, their has too be more, Right?" Saying that, She looked in the direction where Jenny was looking. "The Golden Sun? Yeah, I guess we could ask around there. Fantasy stories DO tend to head off in the Tavern, in which that would be a great place to start. Maybe Five gold pieces can get us something to eat." She realized how hungry she actually was as she said that last part. She walked over to the Tavern. She opened the door, as she was blasted by the Loud ruckus of Talking.
"Yeah, I think we can get some Information here."

Both Jetto and Hikari along with one or two other people turned their heads to see who had just walked into the tavern. It was not uncommon to see a familiar adventures face walk in so most people often looked to see if there was anyone they knew back, but these people being new faces people quickly turned away to get back to their own meals and conversations. Hikari turned to look at his feathered friend and pointed to the 2 that walked in.
"Well looks like you got new customers buddy, don't just stand there or else people will start complaining about your service. We can continue later, I'm sure there will be time to listen to the rambling that comes out of that beak of yours", Hikari said while doing a joking mouth talking hand movement.

"Aye right ya are buddy. Trust me I'll never run out of stuff to blabber on about to ya, you'll miss the sound of me if I didn't I tell ya that", Jetto remarked as he walked over to greet his new customers in his usual broken manner of speaking.
"Welcome to my tavern, I'd take it that you lot are the adventuring type eh? Well sitt down and rest ya self, we get plenty a 'venturers passing through those door", Jetto stated as he motioned to the middle of the tavern where there were people chatting away.

Jenny followed Yin into the tavern and looked around. It was dim, noisy, and crowded. In truth, it reminded her of the bar that Pa's friend owned. Jenny's family would go and visit it during the holidays, and Pa's friend would always give Jenny some hot chocolate. Then again, Jenny was pretty sure that Ken's Bar never had any dwarves or elves. Something approached the two girls, and Jenny turned to give the person her attention. Her eyes widened, and her mouth went a little slack. This creature that approached Jenny and Yin... was definitely not human. It stood smaller than Jenny and Yin, and had the head of a crow! It's skin was black, and it had black feathers. It's hands and feet were clawlike. Then, to Jenny's surprise... the creature spoke! But it didn't speak like a normal person, or even in a raspy crowlike voice. No, each word sounded like it was spoken like an entirely different person! One word it was normal, then low and grating, then a small child's, then a rasping person, then... Jenny found that she could do nothing but stare dumbfounded at Jetto.

Jetto blinked curiously at this new customer who was just standing at the door with a look of pure shock like someone had told them a major secret.
"Something wrong there ma'am? You look like your after seeing a Bone Devil, I take it this is your first time seeing a Kenku eh? If I'd to take a swing at a guess I'd reckon you come from one a them secluded towns", Jetto said noticing the hard to miss sudden change in expression.

Hikari shook his head from where he was standing with the potions and began walking over to the door to help Jetto with the situation. After all if Jetto was right then it was better for a Human looking race to talk to them than a Kenku.
"What Jetto is trying to say is that everyone who walks through his door is welcome to stay as long as they like. If his guess was right then don't let this old birds looks intimate you, he's a big old softie who likes to talk underneath all those feathers" , Hikari said as he patted Jetto on the back jokingly at that last part. If he was to act as a middle man for them he wanted them to understand they didn't have to worry about the bird in front of them.

When the descending torrent of wind vanished, the gleam of while bones was revealed, dark cracks peeping through their smooth surfaces. The set of bones looked like a densely packed rib cage, and from the pieces of rubble around their base, it could be seen that they'd erupted from the ground. As the bones withdrew, their contents being revealed much like the bud of a flower as it's petals bloomed, Felicia and Astird remained, the former rather irked by the destruction of her newly conquered castle. Noticeably, the girl was no longer a petite and waifish little thing with tender cheeks and a demure appearance. Instead, she seemed mature, almost buxom, as she stood clad in black dress that writhed just as much as the her aura.

An ominous atmosphere settled above the town, and slowly but surely, the Undead mistress began to strangle the life from the land, using it to fuel her own power. Grasses began to wither beneath the snow, their lush green leaves paling to a sickly yellow, Trees begun to creak and ground as their trunks fractured, brittle wood no longer strong enough to bear the weight of a canopy of branches and dead leaves. Creatures living beneath the snow fled in all directions, their consiences and souls making it too difficult for the necromancer to quickly siphon their lifeforce.

With each second that passed by the earth around them seem to exhale out one more breath of vitality, lost forever as it was absorbed by the Eldritch Litch. Luckily, the village was rather small, as Felicia was only able to absorb the essense from the creatures within 100m of her. Of course, that included the Air Spirit before her. She was a natural bane to creatures such as him, creatures that thrived off nature and its prosperity, for she was the anti-thesis of fertility. Her aura polluted the world if left unchecked, producing all manner of disease, plague or blight. That was simply the curse of the undead -or rather- those who embraced their undeath.

Her pollution trickled from her body, creeping across the still-remaining tiles of the castle. She was an emissiary of the netherworld, sent forth to claim that which she would. She'd intended to slowly corrupt the land after she'd weakened the kindgom, but the circumstances were against her. She would first cast the land into blight then conquer the surrounding villages with all due haste. She'd use those surrounding villages to create an information lock-down, and with enough luck, no one particularly troublesome would be alerted.

Though...that all hung on the fact that she could evict this air spirit from these lands. "Let's get started...shall we?"

Striking her hand out through the air she pointed her finger at the air spirit. The aura of death grew around her as she moved, her figure withering until she was naught but skin and bones, eyes sunken in and skin a pale sickly hue. She was a gaunt and ghastly apparation of unholy origins, the true physical form of an Eldrich Lich. "Undead Court!"

As her spell was cast, the aura of death around her intensified, spreading until it had settled around the stone castle. It was a magical field that would slowly but surely devour the life force of all those within it -with that in mind, the Necormancer swept out with her arm, the Skeletal apparation behind her rushing over to Astird, intent on removing the elf from the range of the field's effect.

While supremely powerful, Lich and undead in general had rather crippling weaknesses to Holy, Light, Celestial or other magics of that variety. Those magic would quickly undo the effects of their curses and suppress the deathly auras. The same was true for Holy equipment, or equipment enchanted specifically to deal with undead, using Mithril or other such holy metals.

"Oh, fuck."
Sky had severely underestimated the power of the girl. He'd at first assumed she'd only been around for a century at best, but she was evidently more experienced than that. At least a millennium, if not more. But it had potential to be a challenge.
"Well, you know a few tricks. I'm impressed However, I really don't take attempts to sap my essence all that well, so I'm going to have t-." A pulse of undeath cut off Sky's sentence, his concentration on strengthening his core to withstand the attack. A look of annoyance replaced the smile, his tone of voice changing as well.

"This is... Unnatural. Whatever you're doing, I'm going to have to stop it. Unfortunately, I don't think you've ever fought an air spirit before, no?" Flicking his hands out, a pair of curved swords flickered into existence. Make in such a way that the blade ran down the length of the forearm, the handle gripped in a fist, they were Sky's close-quarter weapons of choice.

Ideally Sky would be able to use some sort of sacred magic, a beam of Holy Light from an Unseen Sun would be preferable. However, as he had previously learned, this form of magic was just as dangerous as its counterpart in terms of absorbing energy. Sure, it could probably dispatch the Lich easily, but Sky's core wouldn't be able to put up with the combined force of both magical.

As soon as the skeleton had left to help the elven subject, an opportunity presented itself. Liches weren't very fast, nor did they have many immediate self-defence tools at their disposal. An air spirit had both. Within the blink of an eye, he was next to her, with a second blink he summoned two jets of wind to pin her arms against one of the remaining rocks, and with a third his blade was positioned across her chest.
"I wouldn't advice your skeleton butler moving. I think I'm a lot quicker than he may be, and without a body you'll just be a wisp of very potent life energy that I'd be happy to absorb. So just hear me out, mkay?" Sky's eyes glared a striking blue, allowing his full aura to shine through. Sure, revealing his aura was a bit of a threat to his Core, but it allowed an opponent a true scope of the spirit's power, and defenitely increased the odds of them submitting, if only by a small amount

Astrid's eyes opened a little wider, cautiously taking a step backward. She had initially thought that the girl looked young and just had a sophisticated mind, but she was not-so-sadly mistaken. After all, how would it look to an onlooker to see an elf who was at least two feet taller than her master obey every order the child commanded? Of course, she didn't care about her reputation; Hell, she didn't care about most things regarding herself. The only thing she cared about was fulfilling her superior's wishes in any way that she could. Her bottom lip quivered ever so slightly, as she stood behind the skeletal butler, not exactly in the mood of being sapped of her life force.

She unsheathed Naevalla again, but this time, the unpleasant feeling of pain returned to her. She winced slightly, feeling foul energy climb its way up from where she was holding the blade's hilt, and up until her heart. It felt as if her veins were contracting and not working the way they were supposed to. She shut one eye in a display of pain, and unlike the first time she touched the newly-enhanced weapon, the pain didn't go away. This pain only supported her motive to kill. Her eyes seemed to darken and her expressions of pain faded, getting used to the unpleasant but strengthening feeling. She felt a little more powerful, as if this motive would make her into a more efficient weapon.

"What the...?" She thought. If she was being honest, It was hard to understand what the Bird-Thing was saying with all the Mixtures of Voices. "Uh..Yeah. My name is Yin, and this is Jenny. We come from...Uh...." She stopped for a second to think of a Small, Secluded town name. "Halure...?" It was the best that she could think of in a short time. She looked at the Crow-like humanoid in front of her. "We are adventurer's and we were hoping you could tell us what Five gold pieces could buy us."

Last edited:
Both Hikari and Jetto looked at each other to see if ether one of them had heard of a place called Halure but with no result. Hikari simply shrugged at the mention of the name. This was the first time he heard of it and it seemed Jetto was in the same boat as Hikari on the geography side of things.
"Halure eh? Guess i need to start looking at them old maps again 'cause i haven't a clue where that is huh? So y'all are new adventurers after all, so new y'all never seen a Kenku? Take no offence but y'all are a weird pair y'know? Luckily for ya we are all weird here! Anyways jesting aside 5 gold coins will outta get ya lot, most of the food i sell here i take in copper and silver so a single gold outta buy ya plenty. Good thing ya stopped in Caharunt eh then? Here at Caharunt we be a adventuring town through and through i tell ya. You'll be able to get plenty a experience and gear, so how long ya been fighting for?", Jetto continued on adding in the good word about their home in hopes of making sure these two towns don't start fighting with each other.

Whole unconcerned with the mortal danger threatened against her body, Felicia smiled, flexing her arms idly to test the strength of the air spirit's wind. "And you've never fought a Lich before, no?"

She dearly wished the air spirit would try half the utter madness he was spouting. Destroy her body and absorb the remnants of her spirit and essence? She was a Lich, and necromancer, a master of souls and the undead, she deeply wished he would turn this into a battle between their souls. She'd bind his soul to her servitude in a matter of minutes.

She licked her lips as the air spirit exposed hints of his core to her, in futile attempts to bend her to his will. Even as they stalled he grew weaker and she grew stronger, her curse, Undead Court, was slowly draining the life-force from both he as well as Astrid who stubbornly remained where she was, as if in preparation to fight. Turning her head to face Astrid, the Necromancer barked out coldly, "Why are you still here? Do you wish to die? Get Going!"

Turning back to the air spirit, she snorted, content to simply wait until the cursed ground beneath them drained him until he was too weak to bind her. It was simply a matter of time until her victory.

"Demilitch, sure. I've had a few scraps with them. That was kinda fun, althou-." Sky's voice once again cut out, the effort of keeping his defences up proving to be more than he could handle. Stepping back and releasing the slowly weakening bonds of wind, his blades disappeared into nothingness once again.

"Look, I'd like to stay and fight, but this really isn't my fight. Farewell." He turned, attempting to shift back into his natural form and leave. Nothing. Attempting to summon the wind and leave in his human form, he found that to be fruitless too. Sky had evidentially vastly underestimated the the strength of the spell in comparison to his own strength, and it had only grown exponentially the more his core was weakened.

With an inaudible crack, the outer shell of his core finally collapsed. The curse came close to reaching his soul, tendrils of black magic reaching out desperately. But natural, deeply driven instincts came first, and energy previously needed outside his Core was pulled in to block the dark magic.

With no time to even get a word in edgewise, Sky's body faded out of existence, all but a small blue glow where his heart used to be. This glow grew, bands of magic pulling themselves into the real world to wrap around the wisp of blue. Eventually, it had formed into a ball of blue, small enough to fit into the palm of your hand.

The ball floated in midair for a few seconds, somehow maintaining a perfectly stationary position before slowly dissipating into the wind. The injuries sustained were considerable, and would take at least a few days to fully heal, but Sky would most likely stay incorporeal for the rest of the day in order to allow his outer shell to heal.

Last edited:
Jenny was still kinda in shock about the bird man, but started to shake off the shock.
"Uh... Well, ah can't speak fer Yin but ah don't really have any experience fighting or anything. Usually ah just hunted before... Uh, ah got here." Jenny said. "Small stuff, y'know? Deer. Rabbits. Anything. Never anything that tried ta attack me back..."
Memories of the attack from the small green creature came back. That was kinda scary... She wasn't sure what would have happened if Yin hadn't came in. Jenny looked up at Hikari, not quite sure what else to say. It was good that the 5 gold that Yin had could be stretched, but Jenny wasn't quite sure what to do...

Noticing how jennys sentence trailed off at the end of the 'attack me back' part Hikari guessed the two of them just had their first battle with a monster. Though something tingled in the back of his head, Aasimar had the ability to sense a persons alignment by looking at them. However Hikari was so not so great at this, he could only really detect the extremes of Lawful Good and Chaotic Evil. He brushed aside the thought of their Lawful Good alignment assuming they had visited a Cleric recently and that the clerics alignment was temporarily radiating from them.

"Well have you done any training yet if you're new to this? That might be a good place to start. Luckily for you this village revolves around adventurers so you'll be able to find any equipment you need easy enough. Speaking of which how are you doing on health potions? I usually give them out for free here to help people so you're free to take some if you need it", Hikari asked. He hadn't really taught anyone how to be an adventurer before besides teaching the small kids of the village basic protection skills but he didn't mind if he had too, after all that would be a good learning experience for him too.

Arching her eyebrow, the undead monstrosity clad in the form of a young woman, watched warily as the air spirit rapidly weakened, retreating into a more defensive form. Were air spirits that weak to pollution? or was this one particularly weak? Felicia couldn't quite tell. She'd expected the battle to drag on for much longer, perhaps another half an hour or so before the Air Spirit found himself too weak to even oppose her. The scene before her...hadn't played out in accordance with her expectations -hence her suspicion.

"Odd..."

Despite her reservations, the undead Queen had no intentions of testing them. She didn't want to fight the Air Spirit, it would weaken her far too much, and set her plans back for months, possibly years. If he was content to fizzle out mid-way, then she was more than happy to oblige. Spinning on her heels, the air of death around her begun to fade, and her body began to revert to its previous form- that of a small child. She strode towards Astrid with purpose in her step, a devious intent in her eyes, "We leave immediately."

She stretched her hand forth, grabbing out at the air, and flexing the remnants of her magical power. A magic circle slowly carved its way across the floor, and a deathly grey light erupted from it, slowly condensing into the form of a Skeletal Horse. The Necromancer visibly weakened with that exertion. Turning things into undead was much easier than summoning an entirely new undead, the latter took up far more magic than she could sustain in her weakened state -which is precisely why she stuck to curses and turning low-level undead. Those didn't require as much magic, as their effects weren't extremely powerful. The Air Spirit was an oddity, falling to such a curse after such a short period of time...

Mounting the skeletal mount, she turned to Astrid, "Shall you dally all day girl?"

"Uh.... I haven't had any advanced training, but I can hold my own with a wolf." Yin said, scratching her head at the word ''Health potions'.
"I don't think that we have any potions. Do you have any, Jenny?" She looked in the direction of jenny while looking at other stuff in her general direction.

She had only been in this world for a day, but it was still feeling like a dream. Flashbacks from her times spent running around flooded her mind. Tears threatend to escape, but she blinked them away.

Noticing the hesitation in Yin's reaction Hikari assumed they didn't know too much about health potions so since they were new adventurers he might as well start with the basic tips. He picked up one of the potions from his crate as an example.

"Well i suppose being able to hold your own against a beast while being a novice adventurer is pretty good.Though i'm sure you have probably heard this many times before but its always a good idea to carry at least 2 good health potions in a group in case of emergency if a cleric or a healing spell caster is not around to help. Potions vary in quality depending on its ingredients or brewing method, there really is no 1 specific way to make them so that is why some you'll buy or find will be better than others. The one i make are made of just simple water, herbs and magic, though some recipes out there are really complex and specific in their ingredients", Hikari said as he opened the top of the potion for them to look inside to see for themselves if they so wanted to.

"Uh... No..." Jenny said to Yin. How could she have health potions? She just got here! Looking back a Yin, Jenny noticed that something seemed wrong. But before she could ask, Hikari started talking about health potions. Jenny took the one he offered her and looked in it. The drink looked... well, like the guy had described it. Herbs and water. There appeared to some sort of mist swirling around in the drink, but other than that it looked really normal. Jenny looked up at Hikari doubtfully.
"This is supposed ta heal someone? It looks so... normal..." Jenny said.

Looking back over towards the person, she leaned forward to the Potion. The unfamiliar scent smelled..pleasant.
"Wow. in all honesty, It's hard to believe this was just made from Simple ingredients if it is this useful." She said. She had never been one to make medicine, since everything was left to the Modern Generation Technology, but something told her that she'd have to learn, and fast. She'd have to make a mental note about the Herb, Water, and Magic recipe. If their were any more complex ones, she'd have to find something to write them down in.

"Yeah i suppose its not much in the cosmetic side of things but when most people see a drink emitting all the colours of the rainbow their first instinct isn't really to trust it and drink it up is it? I know i certainly wouldn't drink it at all, i tried that once before and boy was that a experience i don't want to have again. The potion pretty much replicates the cure wounds spell a cleric uses by sending magic energy through the herbs which causes them to seep healing properties into the water thus creating a health potion if that makes sense", Hikari explained picking up one of the leafs used in his potions. Lifting up one of his fingers he ignited a small flame of blue magic and put it to the bottom of the leafs, after a short while of leaving it there the veins of the leafs to changed to a blue colour like food dye being drank by the herbs. If this had been in a bottle of water it would have started emitting the healing properties Hikari had been talking about earlier.

Astrid was silent but aware in the exchange, watching intently as the air spirit's core faded into nothingness. Her onyx hair trailed behind her before turning to the Litch that stood before her on the skeletal mount. She remained silent before swallowing and nodding briefly, getting up on the back of the horse alongside the Litch. He raven shrilled curiously at the horse, before getting spooked and fleeing onto the elf's shoulder. She always seemed to look as if she was daydreaming, but she was just being herself.